- Mickey needs the Kingdom Key D to seal the Door to Darkness. Okay. That means Mickey needs to go to the Realm of Darkness and seal the door from there. Sure. That also means that Mickey needs to get out of the Realm of Darkness afterwards. Um...Aqua: You haven't changed at all.
- Credit to him, judging by Chain of Memories, he managed to actually get out. Aqua's been trying for a DECADE and never found one - Mickey's done it within what seems to be days.
- Kairi doing a Double Take when she learns that Yen Sid saying she would train with Lea meant that she would train with Axel.
- Sora, Donald, and Goofy's appearance in the epilogue is a six minute-long crowning moment of funny by itself.
Sora: It happens all the time!
- Sora attempts a big entrance to Yen Sid's room, to find that Riku, Kairi, and Mickey are already gone. Cue a banter with Donald and Goofy taking the (well meaning!) piss out of Sora until Yen Sid calmly stops them.
- Sora, Donald, and Goofy once again listen to Yen Sid's explanation by clenching their body tight, military-style.
- The game explicitly handwaves the reason why Sora has to start from scratch for the next game: Xehanort's corruption of Sora has taken away all his strength. Though Sora isn't bothered much.
- Sora doing an impression of Herc when Yen Sid tasks him to visit a true hero.
- Speaking of Herc, no, the reference to Olympus Coliseum doesn't end there. At the end, when the trio are boarding the Gummi Ship, Sora actually says, to the face, that they're going to Olympus Coliseum. To the face. The sheer moment of unexpectedness of the scene has to be seen to be believed, since not only is the scene the second time a character says the name of a Disney world explicitlynote , it just happens to be the world that makes the most appearances in the series. And it's probably going to be the first Disney world the player will visit in III.
- When Goofy recalls that Yen Sid has always been bidding them good luck with "May our hearts be our guiding key", Sora and Donald point out that they don't remember him saying it at all before now. As far as we know, the latter two are correct; the phrase is first introduced only in X.
Funny / Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage