- Shinji in Blank Form in Episode 1. He manages to summon his new sword, goes charging at the monster like a badass... and gets flicked aside, his sword broken.
- In Episode 2, Shinji smashes his head on the portal window he didn't go through.
- In an early episode, Shinji exits his office, feeling good about the possibility that there may not be a monster involved with his story.Shinji: *Slams the brakes on his motorcycle and angrily turns around* I take that back!
- During a fight with a mirror monster, Kitaoka had injured his hand earlier and couldn't use his cards to summon Magnugiga's equipment, so he asks Shinji to use his cards. Shinji thinks that he'll be able to use Kitaoka's stuff for the first time and is quite enthusiastic about the idea. He inserts the card and Magnugiga's shoulder cannons looks like it will be equipped onto Shinji, only for it to stick on Kitaoka instead. Of course Shinji is disappointed and tries again, only for Magnugiga's shield to land with Kitaoka again. Kitaoka explains that they are his cards and is essentially just using Shinji's Drag Visor to summon for him. When Shinji uses the advent card to summon Magnugiga, he shoves Kitaoka (who is already heavily armored) and uses Magnugiga to shield against the mirror monster. Kitaoka is surprised that Magnugiga can even be used as a shield. Then they both finish off the monster, with Kitaoka expressing his disbelief about Shinji's strategy and Shinji being content with his clever strategy.
- In Episode: Final, after a ghost story-telling session at the teahouse, Grandma Sanako Kanzaki dresses up as a Nopperabou, scaring the bejeezus out of them...including Ren.
- When Shinji meets Femme for the first time, she steals his wallet. But since all Shinji has is loose change, she decides to buy a drink. Once Shinji catches up with her, she says she didn't know and offers him the drink. Shinji believes it for about 5 seconds.
- Episode 29 is absolutely priceless.
- Earlier in the episode, Reiko was followed by a man. Shinji decides to attack the man... who is no other than Goro while knocking himself out in the process. We then see Kitaoka and Goro with make-up on their face (in Shinji's dreams, fortunately), promptly causing Shinji to scream and wake up.
- Reiko has been kidnapped. Hilarity Ensues when Shinji, Ren, and Kitaoka decides to investigate:
- First, they suspect a man for being the suspect. This leads to:
- Pretty much everything that Shinji and Ren did to have a look at the house of the man. At first (when Shimada becomes the decoy), it was Shinji clinging on the fence. Later when Yui takes over the decoy role, Ren takes a look... by having to stand on Shinji's back. Then, both decides to cling on the fence... this time with kids watching them. Eventually, they decided to become wise and decides to take a look from a nearby staircase with binoculars.
- Pretty much the entire part after Shimada gets kidnapped. The best part is when Kitaoka inadvertently punches Shinji in the head with his deck, which causes Shinji to stomp on Kitaoka's foot once they transformed.
- When Shinji and Ren takes a look from the staircase, Kitaoka calls both of them telling that the man is not the suspect. He calls them while doing a handstand.
- Afterwards, they suspect that a lady is the true suspect, so Shinji decides to investigate by pretending to be a salesman to get into her apartment. Once he enters... Kitaoka is already there with basically the same plan. Cue the doorbell ringing, and REN entering in exactly the same getup as Shinji. It gets even funnier when the two of them pretend to be selling random pieces they swiped from the café, and then smugly look at Kitaoka and ask what he's got... and he whips out his business card.
- Episode 30. Kitaoka's former bodyguard Megumi is an absolute ditz, constantly misunderstanding everything and clumsily making life harder for everyone. The comedic potential is endless.
- First off, there's her clumsiness being the cause of Shuuichi firing her, like an instance wherein she accidentally throws a plate into the air and splatters spaghetti on his face. This later ends up saving her life from a Mirror Monster when she accidentally splashes hot ramen on it.
- Megumi shows why Kitaoka even considered her despite being horrible at domestics: She was a damn good bodyguard. When meeting with Gorou, he throws her high heel into the air and curbstomps five different mooks... Before the errant shoe lands on Gorou's head.
- Then there's her date. When Kitaoka finds out she's dying from a terminal disease (Like him), he decides to date her. When he gets interrupted by a Mirror Monster, he does a hilarious transformation, posing with a silent henshin. And then, the clincher, Kitaoka went through all this bullshit to find out in the end that her disease was just a misunderstanding. When he finds out, he drops his cellphone in dumbfounded disbelief.
- Episode 40. Ren, Kagawa, Asakura and Toujou are fighting off a horde of Zelles (from Imperer, who was hiding in the bushes nearby) that interrupted their brawl. From the side, Kitaoka notices all of them and decides to unleash his Final Vent to take them all out. He lampshades the fact that it's been a while since he's done his incredibly cool finisher... before a Zelle knocks him over the bridge and beside a very confused Ren.Kitaoka: *Slots in Final Vent* It's been a while since I've done my incredibly cool finisher- GAH!Ren: *Sees Kitaoka crash onto the streets, stares at him while a horde of zelles is attacking him* Kitaoka?Kitaoka: ... Yo.
- Episode 42. Shinji, Ren, Kitaoka and Asakura confronts each other at Room 401. while the 4 main characters discussing about the current event the discussion somehow leads to Kitaoka accusing Shinji as a terrible person, Kitaoka then ask Ren did he think Shinji is a terrible person in which Ren answering (maybe with an intend to troll Shinji) that yes he think Shinji is a bad person. Shinji even unconsciously agree with Ren's opinion at first (maybe because he think that Ren will side with him.) The very next moment where Kitaoka take a votes between him, Ren and Asakura is pure gold.
Shinji: Hey...am I a terrible guy ?Sano: No way senpai, You're kind.Shinji: Right...but, you know...just a bit...No, just a little bit...am I an idiot ?Sano: No way, you're just a nice guy.
- in the first vote, Kitaoka ask everyone in the room to raise hand if they think Shinji is a bad person. While Ren and Kitaoka raise their hands, Asakura did not raise his hand in which Shinji assume that Asakura think he is a nice person. while Asakura answering that he just didn't take interest in the vote. (Shinji still feel touched for it anyway)
- then in the 2nd vote, Kitaoka ask those who think Shinji is an idiot to raise their hands. like the first vote Kitaoka and Ren raised their hands immediately, at this moment Shinji think that Asakura will side with him again (or wouldn't take an interest) ... however this time Asakura actually raise his hand in agreement that Shinji is an idiot (with a parameter describing the full agreement). Shinji's moment of hope crumbling into devatation at this scene is priceless.
- after this, while grumbling about how everyone think he is an idiot. Shinji met Sano on the street and while they're chatting, he ask Sano's opinion that did he think Shinji is a terrible person (and an idiot) or not. Sano only replying with that he think Shinji is a really kind person, ironically while Shinji is happy with Sano's answer... he didn't realize that Sano indirectly also confirm he is an idiot by diverting the answer.
- Episode 43. Sano's Humiliation Conga on his quest to find an ally. Shinji flat out assaulted him upon seeing him in the cafe. Then he goes to Kitaoka's house. Kitaoka also refuses his offer, but he decides sends him to meet another Rider. By another Rider, we mean Asakura.
- Oh, and it gets worse when he met Asakura. First, he tripped down when he met Asakura after he (Asakura) beats up Tiger. Then, Sano gave Asakura a letter of introduction that Kitaoka wrote to Sano. What did the letter say? Fool. Cue a massive Oh, Crap! for Sano once Asakura shows him the "letter", and he promptly ran away realizing that Asakura's probably going to kill him if he stays there.
- In the 13 Riders Special, Shinji attempts to find an ally with any other Rider. At one point he's nearly run over by Itsuro Takamizawa's limo. Next thing he knows, he's dragged into a conference room by three very tough-looking employees of Takamizawa's. When Shinji tries to protest this treatment, the same three very scary men step in. Shinji wisely decides that discretion is the better part of valor here.
- The Hyper Battle Video decides to throw all logic out the window. Shinji takes a visit to the Mirror World, and finds that Ren, Kitaoka and Asakura are already there. Except that, instead of killing each other, they happily greet Shinji and tell him that they're all allies of justice. Remember that Kitaoka is an Amoral Attorney, Asakura is a serial killer and Ren is... Ren. This is Harsher in Hindsight considering that It Was All A Dream and what happens to Shinji later in the series.
Funny / Kamen Rider Ryuki