open/close all folders
- "If he's realized that my plan is to have him invite me to the movie, then...then...then he might get the wrong idea and think that I want to go see the movie with him!"
- After all the planning to arrive at the movie theater together by mere coincidence, Kaguya and Shirogane realize that they still have to choose their respective seats and thus can't sit together. Then there's the result of their attempts to indirectly pick the seats next to the other.
- Shirogane's utter despair at his lack of intelligence. He can't solve the simplest of riddles and fears that this might ruin his reputation as a genius. His solution? Learn the answer to every existing riddle.Shirogane: I am... (faints) a genius...
- "Just give me your wiener!"
- What everyone else perceives as a Love Confession is actually little more than a game of chicken.Kaguya: I can stay with you?
Narration: They lied!
Shirogane: Yes. I've never...been able to imagine anyone else but you at my side...
Narration: They lied!
Kaguya: I...could never leave you.
Narration: They lied!
- "Now, president... Confess to me!" (smack)
- The conversation preceding Shirogane and Kaguya's game of 21 Questions."You've gotten a lot more well-rounded over the past year."
"...Are you saying I've gotten fat?"
- As Kaguya monologues about her loneliness, Shirogane cycles up beside her, panting like a maniac.
- Kaguya's reaction to the love letter.Fujiwara: Kaguya...are you really going to go...?
Kaguya: (speaking) Yes. I'm quite looking forward to it.
Kaguya: (thinking) Of course I'm not going. Does this girl have flowers for a brain?
- Upon seeing what's in the book she and Fujiwara are reading together, Kaguya calmly shuts it and lifts it out of Fujiwara's reach, not even bothering to explain herself.
- Chapter 14 focuses on a conversation about how one third of people have their "first time" in high school. Kaguya tries to claim that she's had hers already in an attempt to get Shirogane to confess, only to reveal that she had hers with with her newborn nephew and that Fujiwara does it with her pet dog all the time. However Shirogane manages to deduce that because of her sheltered upbringing, Kaguya doesn't actually know what they mean by "first time". She thought it was referring to a "First Kiss". And judging by the picture that accompanies it, chaste kisses on the cheek count.
Kaguya: B... But- That's not even legal until you get married!
- And then Fujiwara takes it upon herself to explain just what a "first time" actually is. It takes 16 full minutes and leave Kaguya a flustered blushing mess.
- Fujiwara telling Kashiwagi that the best way to get closer to her boyfriend is for the two of them to rebel against society.Kaguya: Did we just create an anarchist!?
- Kaguya scaring the crap out of someone who (she thought) was bullying Shirogane. In French! Which Shirogane doesn't understand, so the audience gets symbols instead of text and the explanation: "Threats that because of various legal reasons could not be printed here."
- "Comme c'est mignon."
- The circumstances behind said presumed bullying: during a party with their French sister-school, the other girl is sent to insult Shirogne to test his composure. All he does is nod, smile blankly, and occasionally say "oui"...which both the girl and the teacher who sent her interpret as him having inhumanly thick skin. The thought that he just doesn't understand a word of it never crosses their minds.
- Just when Kaguya is about to move the forgotten umbrella duel to its endgame... Chika just materialises behind her and completely ruins her plans.Chika: Did you forget your umbrella, Kaguya?
Kaguya (rapidly opening and closing the umbrella that Chika gave her while squealing in her mind) I was so close! Just one more push! How is she there at the worst possible time!!?
- Kaguya's reaction to her plan failing is both adorable and hilarious
- The insanely meta inside covers. Especially the Droste Image back cover.
- Ishigami says, with absolute seriousness, about Kaguya: "She's probably already killed two or three people." For reference, Kaguya is a teenager.
Kaguya President. Is Ishigami here?
- Then, Kaguya just so happens to enter the room... with a bloody knife.
Fujiwara: President... help me...
- And then, after that, Fujiwara enters... with a knife embedded in her chest.
- Fujiwara and Kaguya looming over Shirogane when they catch him eating noodles in the council room. Kaguya is actually smiling, because she knows she's going to enjoy startling him.
- Chapter 26: The boy from earlier is back asking for more love advice. Shirogane takes the opportunity to try to get him to get a part-time job.Narrator: (Due to failure to recruit a coworker for his part time job.) Shirogane's Loss
- Chapter 28: Fujiwara asks the other members of the council to imagine walking down a dark path and someone tapping them on the shoulder, then asks them who it was. Ishigami's thought is Kaguya out to kill him. This backfires on him, as the test was supposed to determine which person the tested likes.
- To keep Ishigami out of the council room, Hayasaka spontaneously remarks:"Man, Shinomiya was in a bad mood. She looked like she was gonna kill someone."
(Ishigami calmly turns around and runs)
- Fujiwara bawling as the school anthem is sung, because unbeknownst to anyone else it means her training of Shirogane has been successful.
- The scene transition from Ishigami eating the cake, to regretting eating the cake, to his expression of absolute horror as Kaguya and Shirogane argue over the last slice for a full hour.
- Kaguya assuring Kei that the previous Impure's punishment was not that bad."He was transferred to Cambodia, that's all."
- Kei recounting meeting the student council:Kei: And vice president Shinomiya... (blushing) She made me kind of nervous, so we couldn't talk well.Miyuki: Huh? Why?Kei: Oh shut up! Die!Narrator: Siblings tend to have similar tastes
- "Breathing is fun."
- "I'll show her how real men eat ramen."
- "I broke the internet!"
- Kaguya swanning around waving papers in the air triumphantly after her victory in chapter 47.
- Shirogane looks back on his uncharacteristic display of emotion during the festival (which readers considered a Moment of Awesome):Narration: He regretted it so badly he wished he could die!
- Then there is a panel showing him screaming into his pillow.
- Fujiwara tries to join in on Kaguya and Shirogane's "game", despite knowing nothing about it, just because she wants to be part of the group.
- "So much blood... So beautiful..."
- The cover for the volume features Kashiwagi with her boyfriend... and Maki is behind them.
- Hayasaka soothing Kaguya as she hyperventilates after giving Shirogane a birthday cake.
- The whole courtroom scene is pure comedy gold:Icy Kaguya: While I admit I find myself with insatiable craving for his...
Real Kaguya: You will admit nothing! Stop talking! Now!
- The whole courtroom scene is pure comedy gold:
- Chapter 55 first shows us Ishigami listening to a teacher, who's telling him he's in danger of not being able to move up to the next grade should he fail the next test, with Kaguya listening behind the door. Since she owes him one, she pretends to help him and this dialogue arises:Kaguya: Ishigami, could you come with me for a moment?
Ishigami: Huh, why? Is it something you can't do here?
Kaguya: Yes. It needs to be somewhere with no one around, where it'll be just you and me
Ishigami: Huh....? No...
Kaguya: What do you mean no!? come with me! (holding Ishigami, that's trying to run away from her)
Ishigami: NO! I'm scared, you're gonna do something horrible to me, aren't you!? I'm going home!
- The stargazing:Narration: Due to adding new embarrassing memories to his dark past, Shirogane's loss.
- The 59th chapter shows, alongside various bittersweet scenes of farewell, the fact that there is apparently a giant secret passageway in the council room that Shirogane somehow never noticed.
- In the 60th chapter, Kaguya fantasizes about her ideal student council if she were president: vice-president Shirogane, treasurer Ishigami, and secretary Kashiwagi. The betrayal is so spontaneous it's hilarious.
- Two of Kaguya's classmates mistake Shirogane's actions for him wanting to ask her out. This rumor spreads through the school so fast that by the time Shirogane and Kaguya get to the back of the school, what appears to be the entire student body is gathered around hoping to see a Love Confession.
- The entire chapter 64.
- Kashiwagi tries to console Kaguya about her feelings, and in process realizes she has what could be possibly described only as an eye fetish.
- The entire special chapter (64.5). Ishigami angrily commenting on what's supposed to be the Fanservice chapter of Kaguya-sama and flipping out once he was cheated out of a particularly cheeky scene.IT'S THE FUCKING TYNDALL EFFECT!
- Made even funnier by the fact that Hayasaka has a flashlight handy, IN THE SHOWER, just in case Kaguya needed it for some reason, solely to invoke this.
- In chapter 66, Kaguya's attempt to 'negotiate' (read:bribe and demoralize) with Miko is completely derailed in the space of one page when Miko finds actual leverage on her. To make it even better, Miko doesn't even seem to realize that she did it.
- The real reason Miko wanted to make crew cuts required for all the boys at the school? It's her fetish.
- In an exhaustion-induced daze, Kaguya starts arguing with herself, her "ice" and "dere" sides both expressing themselves through literal physical speech.
- The entirety of Chapter 70, where Kaguya tries to find out what kind of underwear Shirogane wears.Kaguya: You're a manwhore, President!!
- Hayasaka snarking at Kaguya unbeknownst to her, in chapter 71.Kaguya: President will be kind to anyone who needs it, so I'm worried someone completely hopeless will show up.
Hayasaka: I can guarantee that's the case.
Kaguya: A girl like that wouldn't hesitate to use every dirty trick in the book...
Hayasaka: I can guarantee that's the case. She probably wouldn't even realize herself that she's in love with him.
Kaguya: Yeah, she'd have to be an enormous idiot.
Hayasaka: I agree with you from the bottom of my heart.
- In chapter 73, Kei ducking out of the bathroom to yell "I told you so!"
- Miko coming into the Student Council room just as Ishigami and Shirogane are taping Fujiwara's mouth shut (to keep her from spoiling a manga). She instantly leaves... only to pop back up at the end of the chapter wielding a sasumata.
- That's not even half the punchline. By the time she comes back, all three of them have their mouths taped shut due to the boys spoiling more about the shoujo manga than Fujiwara ever spoiled, and they're all standing perfectly neat in a row when Miko comes back.
- Miko coming into the Student Council room just as Ishigami and Shirogane are taping Fujiwara's mouth shut (to keep her from spoiling a manga). She instantly leaves... only to pop back up at the end of the chapter wielding a sasumata.
- Chapter 74 follows this up with everyone becoming shoujo parodies of themselves, with Kaguya being asked to go to the aquarium by Shirogane and Ishigami, only stopping when Fujiwara interrupts the flow. In the end, she rejects Shirogane's offer to go to the aquarium because she felt like her time with him was like going to the aquarium.
- At one point, Kaguya thinks to herself that since there are two tickets, obviously they wouldn't be going to both boys since boys can't go to such a romantic place together. Except that's exactly what happens at the end, since Kaguya in her delusions turned Shirogane down. At least they had fun in the meantime.
- Part of one page is covered by massive advertisements, as if it was an actual shoujo manga.
- Hayasaka is shown crying while reading Today Will Be Sweet.
- Fujiwara is entirely unaffected by the Art Shift.
- Kaguya hugging Iino in chapter 75, overjoyed that Iino collected less bellmarks and therefore makes Kaguya look better by comparison. Iino is actually terrified because she knows that Kaguya must have ulterior motives but not what they are.
- Chapter 76:
Ishigami: Yeah, eat shit normie!
- When Kashiwagi's boyfriend reveals to the council that he got in a fight with Kashiwagi, Ishigami cheers!
- Ishigami is surprisingly versed in passive aggressive language, so much that Fujiwara offers him her Love Detective hat. He declines because it'd make him look stupid, and then goes on to wear it anyway not even a few panels later.
- The reveal that Kashiwagi is mad at her boyfriend for not being mad enough, leaves Kaguya completely stone-faced at how trivial Kashiwagi is being while ignoring she's the same way. The narrator even lampshades this.
- Chapter 80: Once again, someone wants to quit the council.
- The whooping classmates from chapter 82 are a riot. They're very loud, energetic people who speak entirely in popular slang and lingo, part of which unintentionally rubs off on Ishigami.
- The fact that Ishigami can wear Kaguya's uniform and have a bigger chest than her despite being a boy. She's less upset about the former, but beyond pissed about the latter.
- The Shirogane siblings' father is a piece and a half. He might have terrible circumstances, but he's so awkwardly hilarious that you just sort of forget about it.
- What he tries to refer to himself as that puts off Miyuki. take you pick of translation, Papakatsunote , Love Daddynote , or Sugar Daddynote .
- Chapter 83.5: Shirogane and Ishigami find a porn magazine on the street while hanging-out, hilarity ensures.
- Shirogane's attempts to come off as uninterested in the magazine while obviously wanting to read it. From saying they're disgusting then saying there might be interesting information in it, and then saying he's reading the story.
- Ishigami just comes off as uninterested till they both decided to go home separately. Once they're a certain distance away Ishigami sprints back to read the rest of the book.
- Just as Ishigami gets to the book, he sees Iino and Fujiwara reading themselves while Iino tries to make an excuse. At that moment Shirogane comes running back too.
- Chapter 84: Yet another Fujiwara teaching Shirogane story with a twist.
- Fujiwara teaches Shirogane how to dance, Soran Bushi to be exact. After days of training again, Fujiwara states Shirogane is presentable but doesn't have the spirit of being pulled while Shirogane doesn't really care. This leads Fujiwara to quit in annoyance.
- Shirogane then practices alone and Kaguya sees him and starts teaching him. Fujiwara sees this and is bitter and makes snide comments about Kaguya's teaching.
- Fujiwara gets fed up and starts pulling on Shirogane's arms, saying she'll teach Shirogane while Kaguya pulls on his other arm. This keeps going for 16 minutes till they tire out. Shirogane then pulls off the dance perfectly as he understands what it means to be pulled.
- In chapter 86 Kaguya does the whole "I hate you, I love you" gag that she does to Fujiwara, only it's with her father instead.
- Shirogane's father admitting that he was messing with Kaguya the entire chapter.
- Kaguya's reaction when she meets Fujiwara's mother in chapter 87 and finds out that she's flat chested.Kaguya: (Looking at Mr Fujiwara) That means the big-chested gene came from him?!
- Remember those "ruthless Club Presidents" mentioned and seen way back when? Chapter 90 reveals that no one was kidding when they refer to them as such.Kaguya: In this school, there are people who are way better than me at making heartless actions without giving them a second thought. So I didn't do much...all I did was tell those people the truth, without changing any details.
(cut to the Presidents' meeting, which includes Kashiwagi)
Label: [The Shuuchin VIPs who do heartless actions without giving them a second thought.]
- Chapter 91 is all about this. After the Student Council has made great strides in their character progression, all of them instantly revert because of Fujiwara's balloon popping game forcing them into their old habits.
- Fujiwara's vague description of the game leads to Shirogane and Ishigami getting immediately fired up for it, only to be let down once she unveils what it truly is, and seeing things through to not come reveal their perverted intentions.
- Poor Hayasaka getting her ice cream cone jammed in her cheek when Kaguya comes to gush about Shirogane being assertive in chapter 92. Her reaction at then end shows her trying to process what's going on while the cone is still there.
- Chapter 97: Kashiwagi believes her boyfriend is cheating on her.
- Kaguya says she can understand as Kashiwagi is annoying, involves other in her drama and scary. Pot meet Kettle.
- Kashiwagi's reason for the infidelity? She saw him being too intimate when talking to another girl. While Iino believes she's jumping the gun, Kaguya agrees with her. Which sets off the chapter with Iino as the Only Sane Woman as Kaguya and Kashiwagi agree over their insane ideas.
- During a recent date, Kashiwagi checked her boyfriend's cellphone when he went to the bathroom and found no suspicious texts and she decides to trust him, by which she hired a private investigator to tail him. Kaguya agreeing with Kashiwagi the entire time while Iino mentally lists the many illegal things Kashiwagi has done.
- The one thing that Iino agrees is fishy is that Kashiwagi's boyfriend and Maki went to Karaoke together which makes Kaguya desperate to prove it isn't cheating, because Shirogane and Hayasaka went to a Karaoke room alone.
- Kashiwagi is very bitter as her boyfriend was tutored by Maki believing she was thrown away as she had previously tutored him. Kaguya agrees as we see Shirogane being tutored by Fujiwara as Kaguya says being tutored means he's being corrupted by another woman. Iino with tears gives up as she starts listening to her recording cheering her on.
- Kashiwagi confronts her boyfriend and he reveals he was asking for Maki's help for a gift which is a heart necklace. While Shirogane and Ishigami think it's great, the Kaguya, Iino and Fujiwara think it's tacky. Kashiwagi is so happy that she kisses her boyfriend and from appearance it was a pretty lewd kiss.
- At the beginning of chapter 101, Kaguya is so out of it that Hayasaka has to have an Imagine Spot for her.
- Just as Shirogane is about to go through the same motions of asking Kaguya for her ID as in the first Volume, we get this absolutely appropriate meta-comment from Ishigami:Ishigami: Lately, I've been thinking - humans are really just creatures that never learn from their mistakes.
- Osaragi and Shirogane make Ishigami and Miko do intimate actions with each other in an attempt to get them to bond. Every single action is twisted into its least romantic form. Lap pillow and ear cleaning? Miko lies on a couch with her head over the side, while Ishigami cleans her ear from beneath. Pocky game? They rip off the ends. Bridal carry? Ishigami carried her with rope.
- The whole endeavor was Shirogane's idea, but all of the "intimate" actions were clearly romantic in nature. Someone is projecting hard...
- In the end, the only way Osaragi can make Ishigami and Miko say anything nice about each other is when she points out that their constant bickering looks like the actions of two people who hide their affections for each other by acting mean. Not wanting to feed into that theory, they instantly start with the compliments.
- Kei stealing her brother's phone in chapter 106 and gossiping with Fujiwara about his love life. This ends with Fujiwara convinced that he's in a gay relationship with Hayasaka.
- Kashiwagi's boyfriend's name is finally revealed in chapter 109 (it's "Tsubasa"). This is treated as a major revelation by Shirogane and Ishigami.
- When Shirogane and Ishigami try to imagine the ones they're in love with dating someone else, they both give epic downer faces.
- Chapter 110 shows Ishigami reading a light novel called "Do You Like the Socially Challenged Guy From Another World?"
- At the end of chapter 110, Shirogane losing it and declaring that everyone in the student council is an otaku because they all watched anime once.
- The parent-teacher conferences in chapter 111:
- Fujiwara's (joke) plans after graduation.Fujiwara: I'd like to become Prime Minister.
(The guidance counselor gives a look that is half shock, half dread)
- Shirogane's father attending Kaguya's parent-teacher conference at Hayasaka's mother's suggestion (she thought it'd be funny).Nao: (aside) I would pay money to see this man perform.
- All the students at the parent-teacher conference talk about their dreams. Hayasaka, though?Hayasaka: I want to change jobs.
- Fujiwara's (joke) plans after graduation.
- The narration near the end of chapter 116 makes it seem like that something big is going to happen during the culture festival... only for it to turn out that it's just Karen making up a story.
- Fujiwara throwing shade at Kashiwagi by calling her "the top contender for getting knocked up first" in chapter 118.
- Shirogane's outfit in chapter 119, and Kei channeling Fujiwara while trying to make him look decent.
- Chapter 122: Kaguya providing the single most meta joke in the history of the series.Kaguya: It's not like the one who confesses first loses or anything!
Narration: Kaguya rejected the very foundation of this manga.
- Miko and Ishigami's reaction when Osaragi casually tells them that she's dating the captain of the cheer team.
- Makkii-sen using Miko as a model for the binaural audio of their class' haunted house in chapter 125 (which amount to tying her to a chair, blindfolding her, and making scary noises near her ears). Then Miko learns that she has to go through with it again because her screams were covering up the sound effects.
- Fujiwara's failed attempts to convince Moeha that Shirogane isn't good dating material in chapter 126. And then Moeha and Kaguya use it as a bonding experience.
- Chapter 127: Ishigami confessing to Tsubame without even realizing it.
- Fujiwara apparently carries around a chart with all of Ishigami's faults written on it, all of which are completely subjective on her part.
- The chapter ends with a list of the plans on the second day of the festival for the various members of the student council. Most of them are serious, but Fujiwara's just says "nothing".
- Chapter 129: Kaguya claiming that she thinks of flowers as animals in order to force Shirogane to give her a heart.
- Chapter 130: Miko getting hit on by a couple of players, and ending up getting persuaded to hang out with them simply because they called her cute. Ishigami puts a halt to this by whacking her on the back of the head with a rolled-up booklet. Miko tries to complain to Onodera about it, only for the other girl to side with Ishigami for once. The last page of the chapter features Miko beating Ishigami over the head with her clipboard, which was quickly turned into a gif◊.
- Hayasaka's incredibly meta scolding while listening to Kaguya's practice love confessions.Hayasaka: This isn't some romantic comedy trying to stretch out it's run time, so you've got to be direct and decisive.
- There is something hilarious that after Shirogane told Kaguya that he's going to Stanford next year, spent months planning a Grand Romantic Gesture for her to confess without actually saying it, all just so she would come with him to Stanford next year so they aren't separated that when he realizes if she does come with him, they'll have four more years together so he doesn't have to confess and goes back to his arrogance that he can make her confess. Old habits die hard apparently.
- Karen fainting after seeing Kaguya and Shirogane's First Kiss.THE PROMISED LAND!
- Kaguya giving Hayasaka a "How Cute" while in Bakaguya mode in chapter 138 when the latter starts freaking out over her admitting to giving Shirogane a French Kiss.
- Kaguya is thrown out of Bakaguya mode when Kashiwagi states it should only takes 40 SECONDS to have sex after a French Kiss.
- Miko finally showing her dere side to Ishigami when she offers to become friends with him if he promises to behave properly. He instantly responds that he can't make that promise because he simply won't behave like she wants him to. Cue an angry Miko assaulting Ishigami in a Big Ball of Violence.
Miko: An orgy?!
- Miko's pervert imagination escalating further and further as Tsubame tries to invite her and Ishigami to a Christmas party.
- The reveal that the entire student council knew about Ishigami's crush on Tsubame, if only because Kaguya (who has been asleep the entire chapter) mumbles "mhmmm" to take part in the conversation.
- Chapter 141 has the return of the court of Kaguyas with Dumb Kaguya still being a chibi.
- Ice Kaguya is very frustrated by Dumb Kaguya planting a french kiss on Shirogane that she wants the dumb side to be executed and normal Kaguya agrees!
- Later on Ice Kaguya tries to ignore Shirogane's confession as nothing important ... as she's chibi holding a heart balloon while still refusing to admit she likes Shirogane.
- Ice Kaguya's bad mood this chapter? She wanted Shirogane to initiate the kiss because she finds that hotter.
- Chapter 142 has Ice Kaguya drop several hints that she wants Shirogane to hold her hand, which Shirogane... assumes this means that she has a fiance. He repeatedly complains that her signals are too subtle while she continues to complain that her hands are cold (and commenting that his look warm) and swings said hands widely back and forth. In the end, she gets so annoyed by his denseness that she ditches him while giving a genuinely scathing "How cute".
- In chapter 147:
- Dr. Tanuma tells Shirogane that he's lovesick. Shirogane takes it much better than Kaguya, accepting it but wanting to die from the embarrassment.
- Dr Tanuma is talking about how both he and his son had their first child when they were 17 and how he's worried since his grandson turned 17 this year. Cut to Tsubasa and Kashiwagi discussing their plans for Christmas break (with Maki in the background, naturally).
- After Shirogane explains his backstory and his worries, Dr. Tanuma tries to give advice only for his nurse to completely take over and give better advice. This leaves the doctor sad that he wouldn't even say anything.
- The Fujiwara family's party shown in chapter 149 is a bizarre mishmash of Christmas, New Years, and Shinto.
- Moeha's gift for Shirogane was a pair of handcuffs. And he likes it, since it makes his gift seem less lame.Kei: Moeha! You drugged him, didn't you?!
- Moeha's gift for Shirogane was a pair of handcuffs. And he likes it, since it makes his gift seem less lame.
- One of Shirogane's jobs is working at a café, much to Kaguya's excitement.
- The first episode begins with a long introductory spiel establishing the main duo's attitude towards love. The second episode repeats this introduction. The third looks like it would set this trend for the first few seconds... and then fast-forwards through the introduction, getting to the opening sequence almost immediately.
- In episode 3, Kaguya walks a girl to school. The girl explains that she was too used to walking with her friend Ienaga, whom she's nicknamed Yeti. For a split second after this explanation, an actual yeti appears on the side of the screen, and the show cuts away before any mention is made of it.
- The credits for episode 4 have Shinobu Nishioka listed as the "Fujiwara Rap Supervisor".
- Episode 5 adds an extra Maki stalking Tsubasa and Kashiwagi from the background shot when they're doing charity work during the adaptation of chapter 16.
- When Kaguya is practicing answers for psychological tests in episode 6, she dresses up two mannequins as Shirogane and Ishigami wearing what appear to be printouts of their faces, as well as having Hayasaka wear a printout of Fujiwara's face.
- In episode 10, Chika gets teary-eyed when the rest of the council plans to go to the summer festival without her (despite the fact that she has no problem doing her own thing without consulting or inviting them). Yu actually calls her out on her hypocrisy. Chika then lets out a small cry so weird sounding that it can only be described as the sound made by a chicken having its neck twisted.
- When the Fujiwara and her sisters return to Japan in episode 11, Moeha ends up passing out in the background (presumably from jet lag).
- After everyone comes back to school in episode 12, there's a scene where all the characters are rendered as planes with human faces, as if they came out of an anime adaptation of Jay Jay the Jet Plane. And Fujiwara is the only one carrying missiles.
- The anime's second ED song. While Chika's dance has certainly become quite memetic, it's the lyrics that are quite amusing. After spending an entire verse singing about how great she and the student council are, she comes to the realization that she did not think the whole song through. She then improvises the second verse and sings about...ramen