- When Nedry and Dodgson meet before Nedry leaves for the park:Dodgson: You shouldn't use my name.Nedry: [waving his hands and pointing] Dodgson! Dodgson! We've got Dodgson here! [beat] See? Nobody cares. Nice Hat. What are you trying to look like, a secret agent?
Nedry: ...Don't get cheap on me, Dodgson. That was Hammond's mistake.
- Which then led to an amazing remix on YTMND courtesy of noted remixer keatonkeaton.
- Nedry is introduced polishing off an entire table of food, leaving no questions as to why he's so fat. Dodgson then hands him his first bag of money, and Nedry is a jittering, happy wreck as he cradles the bag, and lets out a squeal of delight when Dodgson demonstrates the shaving can.
- Capped off by Dodgson's silence when Nedry has him presented with the bill:
- In the iconic scene where everyone sees their first live dinosaur, Ellie is very preoccupied with the leaf of an extinct plant she picked up. Finally, Grant grabs her head and physically makes her look. Cue dropped jaw...
- Even better, Grant dumbfoundedly pointing at the Brachiosaurus and numbly mumbling:Alan: It — it's a dinosaur.Ellie: Uh-huh.
- Even better, Grant dumbfoundedly pointing at the Brachiosaurus and numbly mumbling:
- From early on:Ellie: What are you thinking?Alan: That we're out of a job.Ian: Don't you mean "extinct?"
- The robot arm in the dinosaur nursery taking the hatched egg right out of Grant's hand and setting it back down. The look on his face...
- When shown the Brachiosaurus, Hammond cheerfully informs Grant that the park has a T-Rex. Already too shocked at the sight of the Brachiosaurus, Grant is at a loss for words and looks like he is going to faint.
- During the Raptor feeding scene, Hammond had this... weird smirk look directing to the doctors (who are horrified watching the feeding). It almost looks like he's expecting them to get impressed at how badass the Raptor is... and he apparently forgot that the Raptor's killing a worker in the film's opening is the reason why he invited the doctors in the first place.
- Alternatively, it's meant to be a This Is Gonna Suck face, considering that afterwards he immediately tries to distract them by inviting them to eat in the dining room.
- This gem after the Raptor feeding scene.Hammond **after everyone is uncomfortable seeing the aftermath**: Yeah... well... who's hungry?
- Followed by a Smash Cut to a large fish fillet, absolutely slathered in red sauce, being placed in front of Ellie. You can see her stomach churn.
- This gem from early on, after Malcolm, Sattler, and Grant all argue against Jurassic Park:Hammond: I don't believe it! Hah! I don't believe it! You're supposed to come here and defend me against these characters and the only one I've got on my side is the bloodsucking lawyer!Gennaro: Thank you.
- Later, when the dinosaur tour falls flat thanks to the non-appearance of the dinosaurs:Malcolm: Ah, now eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello? [taps the camera lens, breathes on it] Hello? Yes?Hammond: [deadpan] I really hate that man.
- This famous exchange, but especially right after with Ian and Alan turning to stare at her, and Alan's little smile:Ian: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys god. Man creates dinosaurs.Ellie: Dinosaurs... eat man. Woman inherits the earth.
- Nedry's incredibly obvious attempts at covering his sabotage: he rambles for several minutes about going down to the snack machines (while wearing his rain coat), then clumsily segues into talking about debugging the phones and how "several systems might go offline". Dennis Nedry, worst spy ever. (Doubly funny in light of the fact that he mocked Dodgson's "spy" behavior earlier.)
- Ian's utterly deadpan reaction to the Triceratops feces:Ian: That is one big pile of shit.
- Gennaro bolts upon seeing Rexy and hides in a toilet cubicle. Alan and Ian see this, but not Rexy.Alan: Where does he think he's going?Ian: When you gotta go, you gotta go.
- The character in the book Gennaro is combined with, Ed Regis, does this because Rexy's roar made him piss his pants.
- The fact there actually is a public toilet right in front of the cage of Rexy. Clearly, the park designers expect visitors pissing their pants when they see Rexy.
- After Grant retrieves Tim from a car stuck in a tree, the branches snap and the car comes loose, crashing down through the tree and landing on top of them (luckily the roof was missing, creating a safe spot), and then...Tim: Well... we're back... in the car again.Grant: At least you're out of the tree.
- Later, everyone has to climb a tree to stay safe for the night. Tim objects.Lex: [Trees] don't bother me.Tim: Yeah, well you weren't in the last one.
- Later, everyone has to climb a tree to stay safe for the night. Tim objects.
- The moment when Lex decides she wants to stroke the Brachiosaurus after seeing Grant and Tim do it... and she promptly sneezes all over her.Tim: God bless you!
- When attempting to fix Jurassic Park's computer problem:Nedry: [on computer] Unh-unh-uh, you didn't say the magic word! Unh-unh-uh. Unh-unh-uh...Arnold: PLEASE! Goddamnit, I hate this hacker crap!
- Ellie and Muldoon discovering the injured Malcolm:
- This exchange is a fine example of an Analogy Backfire if ever there was one:Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!
- It's unknown if this was intentional, but towards the end, one of the jeeps has mud covering parts of the Jurassic Park logo, so it looks like it says, "UR ASS PARK".
- Alan scaring the kids... by pretending the 10,000 volt electric fence is switched on when he touches it.
- When Nedry's car got stuck, you can spot a cleverly-put Freeze-Frame Bonus on the car's tire, which is written "All-Terrain".
- Nedry attempting to distract the Dilophosaurus... by trying to get her to chase a stick.Nedry: [as Dilophosaurus stares at him] Ah, no wonder you're extinct! I'm gonna run you over when I come back down!
Nedry: "I have no food on me!"Dilophosaurus: (looks him up and down, clearly disagreeing, obviously thinking "You are the food... and a lot of it too")
- A subtle bit comes when Nedry is trying to shoo away the Dilophosaurus:
- After he throws the stick, the Dilophosaurus glances in that direction, back at Nedry, then cocks her head and hoots as if to say, "Are you kidding me?"
- When Dennis Nedry slips down the slope after his jeep gets stuck in the rain, there is a cartoonish whoosh clearly audible.
- The Dilophosaurus' zero-to-one-hundred kill-mode transformation. After a good minute or two of Nedry trying to make banter with her, her cute chirping and innocent head tilts turn into the spreading of her predatory fins and horrid shrieking.
- At the end as they flee the visitor center:Grant: Mr. Hammond, after careful consideration I've decided not to endorse your park.Hammond: So have I.
- Right before that, as the "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth" banner flutters down past Rexy.
- Also counts as a CMOA.
- When Rexy is chasing a Jeep and she appears in the "Objects in mirror are Closer Than They Appear" mirror. As if she could be any closer already.Malcolm: Must go faster.
- Muldoon's smug expression when Rexy gives up the chase and Malcolm's "Think they'll have that on the tour?" add a bit of icing to the cake.
- After learning that all the dinosaurs are female.Ian: So how do we know? Does someone go out into the park and pull up the dinosaur's skirts?
- When the the dinosaurs start rampaging, the protagonists are unable call for help or evacuate because all the phones are down, courtesy of Nedry's virus. When they finally reestablish communication, Grant informs Hammond via phone ... who fails to comprehend that they can finally leave the island.Hammond: [casually] Yes?Grant: [deadpan] Mr. Hammond, the phones are working.
- When trying to tell Ellie where to go to restart the park, Hammond pulls out a map and places it over Malcolm's already broken leg, who then gasps in pain. Hammond gives him an apology that doesn't sound quite sincere.
- The blasé way that Ian asks Grant and Ellie about their job, whilst eating peanuts on the helicopter. Made about a hundred times more hilarious by Jeff Goldblum's weirdly fascinating laugh.Ian: So you two, um... [chomp] Dig up... dig up dinosaurs?
Ellie: Well, uh...
Grant: We try to.
Ian: [cackles for about five seconds straight]
Hammond: You have to get used to Doctor Malcolm. He suffers from a deplorable excess of personality.
- Darkly humorous moment from the first Tyrannosaurus rex scene:
- When Rexy breaks the fence, Malcolm laments he has been vindicated.Ian: Boy, do I hate being right all the time.
- During the tour, Gennaro gets a little confused about the lab scientists:Gennaro: Are these characters... auto-erotica?
- Malcolm is occasionally married and always on the lookout for a future ex-Mrs. Malcolm, even going as far as to flirt with Dr. Sattler, and ask Grant if she's available. When Grant replies with a sharp 'Why?' Malcolm understands that Grant and Sattler are together and backs off.
- The flirting scenes were even funnier considering Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern were briefly engaged two years later.
- When Tim, Lex, and Grant have to quietly sneak away from a T-Rex feeding on a Gallimimus that it caught, Tim has to be dragged away by Grant due to being fascinated by all dino blood and gore.(Grant grabs him from behind and pulls him away)
- During the educational film, Hammond's clones saying hello to each other."Hello, John." "Hello, John!" "Hello, John!"
- When the tour program turns out to have a minor error (the vehicle headlights are stuck on and are running on car batteries), Hammond has this memorable exchange with Nedry:Hammond: Dennis, our lives are in your hands and you have butterfingers?
Nedry: (Scoffs) I am totally unappreciated in my time.
- Back in the visitor centre, a frazzled limping Tim hobbles over to a table absolutely laden with cakes, flans, jellies, pies and other assorted sweet things. He gives it a moment of consideration before picking up, not a spoon, but two massive cake shovels.
Funny / Jurassic Park (1993)