open/close all folders
- George calling to have Eva returned, only to learn that the person on the other end of the phone is another synth. Especially to the audience when you realize that these devices are being used as automated call answering machines.
- Niska's response to being told to be nice.Leo: "Oh, and one more thing. Be nice."Niska: *confused* "I am nice."
- Laura and Mia, waiting to see if Max recovers:Laura: Why are they so scared of you?
Mia: I think it's our plan to conquer the planet and make humanity our slaves.
Laura: [stares, wide-eyed]
Mia: Sorry. That was a joke.
Laura: So you can do deadpan. That's good to know.
- Niska and Sophie playing with Barbie dolls, and Niska trying to pick out the plot holes in the game. Then she really starts to get into it.
- At the end of the episode, we're treated to a montage of synths waking up all over the world, including Milo's secret child synths down in Qualia's laboratory. With all the panic and confusion over what's happening, it's hilariously jarring when the very first thing the children do is charge forward, arms extended, questing for hugs. They're not frightened or violent in the least.