open/close all folders
- The trailer's best moment: "RoboCop: A blatant Jesus metaphor who dies, gets resurrected, and walks on water. But instead of dying for our sins, this Jesus...shoots rapists...in the dick!"
- "This trailer is rated 'R', because that's how you make a f*cking RoboCop movie!"
- "The 80s, when movies were made for adults, and marketed towards children!" Cut to an 80s toy commercial for Robocop.
- "Journey to a futuristic Detroit that's become a bankrupt, crime-ridden hellhole. Basically, present day Detroit."
- "RoboCop is the last movie that needs a freakin' remake. What are they gonna do next? Die Hard? Oh, no! I've said too much!"
- A scene showing Ryan's POV as she spins helplessly out of control is overlaid with jaunty carnival ride music, as the narrator comments that "you'll be on the edge of your seat...trying to hold in your barf."
- The astronauts bouncing off of things in space are punctuated with pinball noises.
- The film is described as "a blend of historical truth and Zack Snyder nonsense, mixing... actual Persian fighting units with mutant Persian goat men? Huh?"
- Reciting the long, long list of instances of Ho Yay from the film, including "men wearing thongs, men holding hands, men holding men tenderly from behind, men getting all wet in the rain, men getting all sweaty on the beach, men playing two flutes at the same time, and a male-to-female nipple ratio of 600 to 4. Man, I haven't seen a movie this deep in the closet since Top Gun."
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- The narrator cowers when Katniss gives him a Death Glare for saying that all books must be lazily padded into as many films as possible.Narrator: Okay, we'll see the sequels! Don't hurt us!
- And this:Narrator: Watch as this good movie gets hailed as great, because everyone wants to be BFFs with Jennifer Lawrence. [cuts to a clip of Jennifer Lawrence] God, she's just so down-to-earth!
- Among the "starring" list is "the Claaaaw!"
- The trailer proclaims the movie to be "the feature-length music video for "Let It Go"!"
- The song parodies:
- "Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People" becomes "I'm kinda turned on by reindeer..."
- "Love Is an Open Door" becomes "We are about to pooooooorrrrrrrkkkkkk".
- For "In Summer": "When you're out of ideas, you give them a singing snowmaaaaan!"
- "Let it Go", described here as the YOLO song: "Get it out, get it out, get this song out of my head! Get it out, get it out! I'll sing anything else instead!"
- The trolls being called "Ugly Smurfs", Olaf being called "Merchandising", Anna being called "Forgotten Sarah Marshall", and Elsa being credited as "the Wickedly talented Adele Dazeem".
- The song parodies:
Captain America: The First Avenger
Game of Thrones (Seasons 1 3)
- When the narrator advertises the spoiler-free version of the trailer at the beginning:Narrator: Just be sure to come back and watch the real version when you're all caught up... wuss!
- "From fiction's most notorious serial killer, comes the TV adaptation of the medieval encyclopedia/dungeon master's guide/porno that is: Game of Thrones."Narrator: [humming the show's theme song] Duh-duh! Duh-nuh-duh-duh! Duh-nuh-duh-duh! God that song's cool!
- "Travel to Westeros, a place where everything is the Thing of Nouns."King Robert: The Hand of the King!
Sam Tarly: Light of the Seven...
Brienne of Tarth: Brienne of Tarth.
Ygritte: Lord of Bones...
Lord Beric: Lord of Light...
Lord Tywin: Master of Coin...
Queen Daenerys: Mother of Dragons...
Shagga: Son of Dolf.
Melisandre: Son of Fire...
Melisandre: Warrior of Light...
Tyrion: Bank of Braavos...
Lord Stark: Lord of Winterfell, and Warden of the North...
- The video's summary of the series:Narrator: It's the abusive show you keep watching, no matter how many times it hurts you; full of disturbing imagery like incest, beheadings, attempted child murder, more incest...and that's just the first episode!
- "Watch as everyone fights to sit on the world's most uncomfortable chair, while completely ignoring the invasion of ice zombies that threatens to kill them all. [shows the huge invasion of 'White Walkers'] Seriously, somebody should really get on that!"
- "Meet unforgettable heroes... that were still alive at the time we wrote this Honest Trailer." For unintentional bonus points, right as he says it, the shot is of Barristan Selmy, who died in Season Five.
- The narrator, like many fans of the show, really hated Joffrey Baratheon.
- The narrator lampshading the show's Anyone Can Die nature (while also noting that most cases are related to one famous Chronically Killed Actor)...Narrator: Ride along on an adventure where any lead character can die, whether you're Sean Bean, Sean Bean's wife, Sean Bean's best friend, Sean Bean's son, Sean Bean's daughter-in-law, Sean Bean's family dogs, or Sean Bean's unborn grandkid. All men must die... who are in anyway close to Sean Bean!
- ...while also noting its infamous Fanservice status.Narrator: Settle in for a show with so many monologues, HBO will desperately try to keep your attention by any BEWBS necessary! [30-second long montage of (censored) boobs set to epic music] ...not that I'm complaining! BEWBS!
- The narrator giving up on naming, or remembering, the Loads and Loads of Characters.Narrator: Starring... the ten characters whose names you actually remember! [Daenerys Targaryen, Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Eddard Stark, Tyrion Lannister, Jaime Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Catelyn Stark, Joffrey Baratheon, Ayra Stark] And all these other characters whose names you actually don't remember! [Jojen and Meera Reed, Yara Greyjoy, Gendry, Giantsbane and Orell] Like: The Sneaky Guy [Littlefinger]; The Sneaky Bald Guy [Varys]; Carl Drago [Khal Drogo]; Those Gay Dudes [Ser Loras Tyrell and Renly Baratheon]; Lord Friend Zone [Ser Jorah Mormont]; Grumpy Old Dad [Tywin Lannister]; The Same Person? [Stannis Baratheon]; Sand-San-Sansa? [Sansa]; Bronn? [Bran Stark]; Bran? [Bronn]; Bronn Again? [Robin Arryn]; Sam? Not Sam?note [Sam]; The One Who Had A Demon Baby [Melisandre]; The Guy That Got His Dick Cut Off [Theon Greyjoy]; I don't remember her name, but she's Super Hot [Margaery]; Tyrion's Hooker Girlfriend [Shae]; Oh, Hodor! That's Hodor! [Hodor]; Uhh... [Xaro Xhoan Daxos]; Uhhhhh... [Commander Jeor Mormont]; Now You're Just Messing With Me [Walder Frey]; No Idea [Ser Davos]; Faceless Assassin. That Guy's Awesome [Jaqen H'ghar]; Not A Clue [Pycelle]; No [Rodrick]; Uh-uh [Osha]; Nope [Benjen]; Nope [Balon Greyjoy]; Nope [Syrio Forel]; Dunno [Luwin]; I Got Nothin' [Mance Rayder]; Not Ringing A Bell [Beric Dondarrion]; Go Make Up Your Own Names, Nerds! [Barristan Selmy].
- It's even funnier if you've read the books. If you have, you'll notice that the writers of the show actually changed the names of some of the characters with similar-sounding names so that it wouldn't be even harder to keep them all straight. Asha Greyjoy became Yara Greyjoy so that people wouldn't get her mixed up with Osha the wildling, and Robert Arryn became Robin Arryn so that people wouldn't get him mixed up with Robert Baratheon.
- In The Stinger:Narrator: If you put any spoilers in the comments, I'll kill you. But to all my book bros, R + L = J. You know what I'm talking about!
Attack of the Clones
- The opening line.
- The narrator's response to the infamous "I don't like sand" line:Narrator: Come on, J.J., there's no way you can do any worse than this.
- "Obi Wan Kenobi, a man forced to act opposite lifeless CGI characters like Hayden Christensen."
- The Stinger.Narrator: So, correct me if I'm wrong here, but the clones never actually attack anyone in this movie, SO WHY THE F*CK WOULD YOU CALL THIS MOVIE "ATTACK OF THE CLONES"?!
The Wolf of Wall Street
The X-Men Trilogy
The Lion King
- Their trailer for The Lion King, doing the same lyric gags as the Frozen one:He's a threaaaat to our lives!
And he'll eat us aaaaall!
He is on display
To remind us we're prey!
- The hyenas being called 'Ed, Edd and Eddy' and Timon and Pumbaa being called "Ren and Stimpy!"
- The pride lands are described as having very generous borders, and the Elephant Graveyard is its own version of New Jersey.
- The accents are all over the place, including British,note Evil British,note Latino,note Jewish Mother,note Gangsta,note and CNN.note
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- The trailer gives a credit for the one true star of any Michael Bay film: "BEWMS!"
- The warning at the beginning of the trailer: "The following trailer contains scenes from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."
- "From the director who would most likely masturbate to an explosion comes two hours of moving pictures and loud noises that, because if was filmed on a camera, technically qualifies as a movie."
- "Megan Fox, who once again combines the looks of a professional porn star, with the acting ability of an amateur porn star."
- After going through the long, long list of asspulls and glaring plot holes, the narrator disgustedly exclaims "we've already put more thought into this movie than the people who made it did."
- Closing with a clip of Michael Bay getting completely flustered in the middle of a speech and walking off stage, saying he's sorry, followed by the narrator saying "now you know how we felt watching this movie, Mikey."
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
- The narrator seeing that Alice in Wonderland (2010) made over $1 billion at the box office.Narrator: A BILLION?! THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
- "You fell in love with Lewis Carroll's playful storybooks and sat in awe of Disney's beautiful animated film. Now, head down the rabbit hole once again to watch the once-brilliant Tim Burton, who always defied convention with brilliant new stories and visionary ideas, become a complete parody of himself and bungle yet another iconic franchise for a paycheck."
- Epic Voice Guy insisting that Divergent and The Hunger Games are in fact one and the same, and getting into an argument over it with the sound engineer and director."Guys, I'm telling you, we did this already!"
- The trailer invites us to "sit back for a film full of obvious attempts to pander to teenage girls, like: staring at yourself in the mirror, having perfect hair no matter how much you work out, hot older boys who see how special you are on the inside, and telling them that choosing your clique is the most important decision you'll ever make."
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
- "Based on the dark brooding comic that became a children's cartoon that became the worst musical tour of all time comes a nineties movie that proves the Turtles Franchise was ridiculous way before Michael Bay got his hands on it."
- ... And Bad Cosplay!
- Shredder growls at Mikey
- I guess it looks better than ugly CGI. Uhhh!
- The Narrator's dislike for the lack of weapons.Narrator: Instead, see them fight with belts, yo-yos, ties, blankets, soft NERF Bats, sausages, and Word Power! Come on! Just stab someone already!
- "Aw, did you get stuck in a net? Sure would be great if they could use their *zooms in on Leo's Katanas* SWORDS OR SOMETHING!!!!!! I mean, come on! He's got them right there on his back! What are they doing?!"
- "The Shredder returned, and he's returned, and he's returned, and he probably smells like sh*t now! Watch him strike fear into the hearts of men with his ability to stand and do nothing while his enemies are right in front of him! And his lieutenant, Tatsu, who... also stands and does nothing while his enemies Are. Right. In. Front of him!"
- "Tremble as they battle for control of the secret of the ooze, which is never really explained now that I mention it, but for some reason can... turn turtles into ninja turtles, turn flowers into bigger flowers, and turn Bebop and Rocksteady into two lame-ass ripoffs that no one ever asked for!"
- The displeasure of Vanilla Ice in the movie:
- The Starring list: The Blue Ranger, Wreck-It Raph, Bart Simpson, Nerdatello, Ratniss Neverclean, Surf Ninja, Asian Darth Vader, April's Mom and Justin Bieber's Dad.
- In the Stinger, the Narrator calls out the makers of the film for Hypocritical Humor.Narrator: So parents were mad about them using their weapons, but [shows people eating pizza] totally okay with them advocating an all-pizza diet? Pfft! Hypocrites!
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Everything Wrong With The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- As a crossover, Screen Junkies and CinemaSins swapped around and did the other channel's most famous video for The Amazing Spider Man 2.note
- When Gwen phones Peter:Narrator: Where was Spidey hiding that cell phone? In a skintight suit, there's only one place he could be stashing his stuff. And you don't want to know where it is.
- Two back-to-back sins:Narrator: [after feathers fly when Spidey takes his suit off] Did he just fight a chicken?
Narrator: [when Spidey's holding a fish] Did he just fight a fish?
- When Norman Osborn's on his deathbed:Norman Osborn: This is not how I imagined I would die.
Narrator: "I always imagined I'd be impaled on my own glider."
- The next sin:Harry: On my 16th birthday, you send me Scotch.
Narrator: Sounds like a pretty cool dad to me.
- Before Max Dillion becomes Electro:Narrator: There's your problem. The thingy's all unplugged.
- And when he becomes Electro: "Hey boss, should we put a lid on these tanks?" "Nah, what's the worst that could happen?"
- During the first Spidey vs. Electro fight, Electro hits a couple of advertisements for a couple of Broadway musicals:
- When the scientist introduces himself:Doctor Kafka [in stereotypical German accent] I am Doctor Kafka.
Narrator: [also in stereotypical German accent] "Ze stereotypical German scientist, ja?"
- When Peter crashes into a wall behind Gwen: "Kramer entrance."
- When Peter arrives at the disused subway station where his father did his secret research:Narrator: If Neo shows up looking for the Train Man, I'm out.
- After Gwen tells Peter that she's been given a scholarship to the University of Oxford:Narrator: "With great power comes great responsibility." Unless the girl you're porking moves to England.
- During the final fight between Electro and Spidey, Electro plays "Itsy Bitsy Spider" on the electrical pylons:Spider-Man: I hate this song.
Narrator: That makes all of us.
- At the end, when Spidey's about to hit Rhino with a manhole cover:Narrator: This was such a great shot in the trailer! I can't want to see what comes ne— [film ends] It's over?! Well, f*ck you too, then!
- The video ends with 157 sins. And then they have a Bonus Round, full of all the Sony product placements. Final total? 2,899,270.
The Fault In Our Stars
- Or Cancer F*cking Sucks.
Transformers: Age of Extinction
- Transformers: Age of Extinction (a.k.a. Transformers 4: Welcome to China)
- The last third of the trailer is spoken in Chinese to mock Bay's pandering to China.
- "In a franchise that's known for objectifying hot young women, prepare for a new low, as they make the movie's hot chick an underage girl, make her boyfriend a legal adult, and literally stop the movie to explain why it's okay for them to pork. If only they'd put as much time into justifying the plot as they did for having sex with a minor."
- Instead of the usual funny names for the cast members, the "Starring..." segment is just one Long List of all of the Product Placement that appeared in the film.
- Meat Loaf being listed as "Mewwwwbs."
X-Men: Days of Future Past
- The bathroom in Saw is dubbed "your typical Taco Bell bathroom".
- The montage of gory deaths from the Saw movies, set to happy-go-lucky circus music. After that, the narrator unsuccessfully attempts to hold back his puking, and then yells "Go to starring! GO TO STARRING!"
- Amanda is credited as DENTAL PLAN (Lisa Needs Braces)
- Describing the title character as "How Jennifer Aniston sees Angelina Jolie".
- Their opinion of Maleficent not turning into a dragon like in Sleeping Beauty:Narrator: You had one job, Disney.
- Noting that the title character is only mean in this version because she was roofied and mutilated by her childhood love.Narrator: Have fun explaining that to your kids.
- "The three fairies you loved from the original, who are now three hideous idiots whose stupidity borders on child abuse. Way to fuck up fairies, Disney."
The Little Mermaid
- The Little Mermaid (aka The Little Waistline)
- Starring: She Swells Seashells (Ariel), White Aladdin (Prince Eric), Inki Minaj (Ursula), Phish (some fish extras), the closest thing this movie has to a black person (Sebastian), Jacked Gandalf (Triton), and Whining Nemo (Flounder).
- The Stinger has the narrator noting that the movie would have been different if Ariel's top half was fish, followed by a scene of a fish-headed Ariel gargling and Eric's disgusted reaction.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- The narrator describing the themes of the movie.
- This line about the acting.Narrator: See Andy Serkis deliver an Oscar-worthy performance by capturing the graceful movements and emotions of Caesar and doing his best Christian Bale Batman impression, while the cast and crew deliver an even MORE Oscar-worthy performance by not laughing at a tiny British man in a unitard pretending to be a monkey.
Guardians of the Galaxy
- Once again, the screen at the beginning is flooded with requests to make this specific trailer. "Okay, okay, we got it, keep your star pads on."
- The narrator concludes that this whole movie is just Marvel trolling their audience, having grown Drunk with Power and being perfectly aware that they can do anything they want now and they'll still make billions.Narrator: So experience the swagger of a movie studio drunk on its own power as Marvel trolls the world with balls-out middle fingers to the audience they know they have in the palm of their hands. Oh, you like superheroes? Well, how about a movie that stars a f*cking raccoon and a f*cking tree? You like Vin Diesel? Yeah, well, we cast him, and he only says one f*cking line. [clip of Vin Diesel yelling "I! AM! GROOT!"] You want more pedigreed actors? We'll put 'em in stupid outfits and make 'em say space bullsh*t—[clip of Glenn Close as Irani Rael saying "All Nova pilots, interlock and form a blockade"]—because who doesn't want to be in a f*cking Marvel movie? Hey, recognize that chubby idiot from Parks and Rec? We're gonna turn him into a sex symbol! That would be hilarious! Remember the worst movie we ever made, Howard the Duck? Stick that after the credits when everyone's expecting Avengers 2; it'll totally f*ck with our fans, and they'll love it anyways. Speaking of which, remember Thanos from that one scene at the end of The Avengers a few years ago? Well, we're bringing him back, and he's still not doing sh*t. Why? Because f*ck you, we're Marvel, that's why! What're you gonna do, watch DC? [clip of Superman screaming "No!"] Thought so!
- After listing off all the different colored aliens, the narrators ends with "In case you get confused, the hero is still the white guy."
Honest Game Trailers
God of War
Grand Theft Auto V
- Grand Theft Auto Vuh:
- "Franklin, an up-and-coming street hustler... who drops more N-bombs than Django Unchained. [cue montage of Franklin dropping some N-bombs like there's no tomorrow]
- Trevor is described as "the first character who's personality matches the way most people play this game"
- "...and Gaming's. Most. Underwhelming. Submarine!"...[beat]..."Oh, come on! They could've at least put a radio in this thing!"
- "...Then walk out of the hospital with no negative repercussions. Thanks, Obamacare!
- "...And don't forget about multiplayer, where you can crew up with your friends to—"*SLAM* "Ha! Noob!"
- Starring: Tony Soprano (Michael), Ice Cube (Franklin), Breaking Bad (Trevor), Jonah Hill (Jimmy), Kid Rock (Wade), Fear and Loathing in Los Santos (Ron), Newman from Seinfeld (Lester), Beats by Dre (Lamar), Kesha (Tracy), Selfies and Stereotypes.
Assasin's Creed 4
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Star Fox 64
Final Fantasy VII
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Pokémon: Red and Blue
Team Fortess 2
Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
- The entirety of this game is full of win:Narrator: Get lost in beautiful scenery that you will actually get lost in, full of: NPCs with a dark sense of humor [shows several characters' laughing dialogue], one totally out of place optimist [shows Solaire], and some of gaming's most epic bosses [shows several large bosses]... that you'll take down with a hundred, perfectly timed butt pokes in a row [shows a sped-up clip of defeating Vendrick with countless hits from behind]
- "WOHOO! PRAISE THE SUN, Y'ALL!"
- "Play through all three action RPGs that are challenging in the same way breaking bricks with your flaccid penis is challenging."
- And the Narrator gets fed up with the "a-holes who won't shut up about beating the game".
Five Nights at Freddy's
- The Jump Scare Running Gag.
- Describing it as "the horror game sensation, that no one enjoys playing, but everyone loves watching other people play".
- The Shout-Outs and clever puns in the "starring" cast: Winnie the Boo, Los Pollos Hermana, Bonnie Darko, and Sonic the Hedgefox, complete with Sonic's music paired with Foxy's run footage.
- The narrator feeling relieved that it's a one-off internet fad, immediately followed by the end of the sequel's game trailer.
- Narrator: Aw, f***, we're gonna have a million of these, aren't we?
World of Warcraft
- Saying the epic raids require "more cooperating nerds than the space program."
- "This is what Warcraft looked like in the nineties, kids! 'Zug-zug', am I right?"
Super Smash Bros.
Pokémon: Gold and Silver
The Walking Dead
The Last of Us
League of Legends