OKAY! Time to write some funny moments... *Beep Beep* Oh what now.
Okay, good luck!
OKAY! Time to write Hiimdaisy's funny moments! Here I gooooo!!
- The fight against Ocelot is just him twirling his revolver for a good two panels before Cyborg Ninja cuts off his hand.Cyborg Ninja: Whoops hope you're ambidextrous dude.
- Snake and the Mine Detector:Deepthroat: You're in a mine field. Use a mine detector.
Snake: But I don't—
Deepthroat: GET ONE.
Snake: Okay, I got a mine detector! Here I goooooo!! (steps on a mine)
Mine Detector: Mine detected
Deepthroat: (while Snake is blank-eyed, Jaw Dropped) You know, you can just collect mines by crawling at them so you don't really need that. Oh yeah, there's a tank up ahead. Okay, bye.
- The first and only conversation Snake has with Nastasha (if you can even call it a conversation).Nastasha: HELLO I'M RUSSIAN
Nastasha: USE CIGARETTES
Nastasha: YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO CALL ME AGAIN
- Any time the word "BRRROOOOOOOOTTTHHHHEEEEERRRRRR" is spoken. Especially in the fan dub.
- And this one too:Liquid: Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to do something BRITISH.
- "Hold up... Crash Bandicoot? Seriously? You played that??" *BANG!* "OW WAIT I'M NOT FINISHED!"
- Meryl's unsuccessful attempt to get to know Snake a little more.Meryl: So Snake, what's your name?
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: How old are you?
Snake: Shut up.
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: Any family?
Snake: Shut up.
Meryl: Anyone you-
Snake: SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.
- "Hello I am a trained soldier who cannot tell the difference between blood and ketchup." *WHACK* "Oww so it was ketchup..."
- Snake telling Otacon off:Otacon: Do you think love can bloom, even on a battlefield?
Snake: Not for you, dude.
- WATCH OUT, SNAKE! THAT'S NOT MASTER MILLER!
- SEE, I HELPED, DID YOU SEE THAT
- Even better, the Colonel actually interrupted Liquid's reveal.
- Snake vs Sniper Wolf, Round 2:Snake: Otacon! I just got shot!''
Otacon: No, that's Sniper Wolf, don't shoot her!
Snake: WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID.
- Soon later:Wolf: Snake, we must battle like sniper warriors!
Snake: Actually I'm going to hide behind this rock and fire remote-controlled missiles from where it's impossible for you to hit me.
Wolf: WHAT!? *BOOM!*
- Briefly after:Wolf: Okay... I have my gun... and my hero.
Snake: (thinking) I'm hungry.
Wolf: Everyone is here.
Otacon: What about me?
Wolf: What about you?!
(Snake shoots her while Otacon cries pathetically)
- Soon later:
- The Broad Spectrum Video fandub manages to make one scene hilarious thanks to the delivery of the voice actor trying to sound as hilariously pathetic as possible.Otacon: Rex launching nuclear missiles? That's not what it was designed for! NoooooOOOOooooo....
- Naomi's constant inversion of Annoying Video-Game Helper:I don't know! Stop asking questions!
I DON'T KNOW! LEAVE ME ALONE!
STOP CALLING ME!!
- Liquid attacking Snake's psyche.Liquid: Snake, you enjoy killing!
Snake: Okay, maybe a little.
Liquid: I watched your face as you killed my comrades! It was filled with the joy of battle!
Flashback Snake: Yaaay :D
- Also:Liquid: You'd point a weapon at your own BRRRROTHER?
Snake: No, I'll wait until you finish your speech. Go ahead.
Liquid: Okay, cool. YOU GOT ALL THE DOMINANT GENES, AND I GOT ALL THE LAME RECESSIVE GENES, AND WAAAAA!
Snake: (Holding an 8th grade genetics textbook) What?
- Meryl's butt focus. Wiggle wiggle!
- When Snake first meets up with Meryl, she's wearing a tank top.
- Also when Meryl is rescued, she revealed that she didn't give in to the torture and some other thing. The latter means being forced to watch a naked Ocelot and focusing on his panties and butt.
- Snake vs. Olga in the Tanker...Snake: Freeze! Hands over the head now!
Olga: *shows off armpit hairs*
Snake: Whoa, okay, nevermind.
- On the Broad Spectrum version: "Shot in the face you say?"
- *quiet* "Hi"
- Also in that version, there's something funny on what Ocelot said next as he cheerfully runs and swings his revolver.Gonna go kill Gurlukovich. Doot-doo-doo-doo-doot!
- What? I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. It sounded like "Please shoot me in the face and take this Metal Gear." Can do.
- Vamp's introduction◊. Peachi sums up his role in the game perfectly.
- "ANGST ANGST ANGST ANGST ANGST"
- Fortune is very hilarious in general. "I'm sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over my TRAGIC PAST!"
- Yaaay~ Let's paint our nails and talk about boys~
- Raiden's facial expression after seeing the Metal Gear RAY for the first time◊. It's a masterpiece.
- What makes it even better is how the RAY just shows up suddenly and without any fanfare, catching Solidus' plane with a very cute "Chomp".
- The Broad Spectrum dub giving the RAY a Kermit Voice for whatever reason.
- Raiden's reaction to Vamp's water running abilities.
- Oh, how about before that? Solidus summons Vamp like a Pokémon. Complete with Pokeball. "Vamp, Go!"
- Everytime Stillman's speaking, there's some sweet-ass funky musicnote playing in the background. And when he locks himself in, the music sounds muffled, like coming from inside the room. The music follows him to everyplace.
- When Stillman explains Fatman to Pliskin and Raiden, the Broad Spectrum dub feels the need to specify after Stillman describes Fatman as "fat", "like the fattest mother-sucker who ever lived" before continuing with the dub.
- Rose interrupting Raiden during the bomb disarming mission:Rose: Defusing a bomb is kinda like starting a relationship! =)
Raiden: ROSE I'M KIND OF IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING HERE
- Raiden disarming the bombs:Raiden: Man, I hope this thing isn't too hard to find.
Bomb: hello i am a bomb
- Stillman's reaction to Snake freezing the last decoy bomb.Huge Bomb: lol
- Stillman's reaction to Snake freezing the last decoy bomb.
- Snake interrupting Otacon and Emma arguing:Snake: EVERYBODY SHUT UP! NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID FAMILY DRAMA! Kid, Emma, get over here already. Otacon, go down the hall and get me another SODA!
- The adaptation by Broad Spectrum is funny too, they animated Ocelot's neck stretching. Specifically, this exchange:Where's your bad Russian accent? Everyone here is supposed to have a bad Russian accent! WHAT IS YOUR DEEEAAAAALLLLL?
- Also from Broad Spectrum, when Vamp stabs Emma, they use a squeaky sound for the knife.
- Snake and Otacon's complex Secret Handshake. Just go to the page, the image says it all.
- "Snake's here." "GOOD, NOW WE CAN TALK FOR FORTY-FIVE MINUTES."
- "BRRROTHERS! OKAY LATER"
- "I am prepared to grab your crotch. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (...) "YOU ARE THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER"
- Made it more hilarious in the Broad Spectrum adaptation in which President Johnson's voice sounds a lot like Bill Clinton.
- CONSPIRACY THEORY, CONSPIRACY THEORY, CONSPIRACY THEORY
- The Broad Spectrum dub just dubs this part over with a snippet from the song "Apocrypha (Conspiracy Theory)" by Neil Lee Griffin.
- Oh, and this part:Solidus: So we meet again, Jack the Ripper.
Raiden: (looks down) WHY AM I NAKED
Solidus: I raised you as a child soldier, Jack. I totally forgot until now. It's hard to remember faces when you traumatize as many kids as I do. CHECK OUT THESE SWEET TENTACLES!
Ocelot: Dude, you look like Big Boss.
Solidus: (shoves tentacle in Raiden's mouth) I KNOW, IT'S AWESOME!
- BOYS. Sometimes a girl just neeeeds one. BOYS. To love her and to hoooold..... Made hilarious by Colonel Campbell saying it.
- Also from AI Campbell, the summary of the Patriots speech to Raiden: GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE
- This gem:
- And the ending:Raiden: Rose! You do exist?
Raiden: What? What does that even mean? What about the thing with the Patriots? Did any of this actually happen? Was I just hallucinating? Wait, why are we zooming out? Is this the end? Why isn't anyone answering my questions? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- The conversation that recaps the game up to this point:Ocelot: Fatman
Solidus Snake: Dead Cell
Solidus Snake: Sneaking Suits
Ocelot: Metal Gear
Solidus Snake: Outer Heaven
Olga: Cyborg Ninja
Ocelot: (twirling a revolver) Tanker Incident
Olga: Shadow Moses
Solidus Snake: What
Liquid Ocelot: Brrrother
Solidus Snake: Arm Transplant
Revolver Ocelot: Frenchmen
Solidus Snake: Intruder
- The boss fight with Vamp.
- Solidus doesn't quite seem to know who he's working with.Solidus Snake: Fortune, you thought you could betray me! But I'm too smart for that! Right, Ocelot?Ocelot: *wearing an "I Heart the Patriots" t-shirt* Yeah, whatever.
- Otacon giving his backstory after Emma dies.Otacon: I guess now would be a good time to mention that my father killed himself because I slept with my stepmother.
Ocelot: Why, Wolf...
- Snake and Raiden's subsequent reactions to this, which can only be described as awkward shocks.
- During Ocelot's monologue:
Ghostly Sniper Wolf: Seriously, I have no idea who you are.
- The basics of CQC: Knife + Gun = KNIFEGUN.
- Snake freaking out to Boss:Snake: BOSS WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME
Snake: BOSS I'M SO LONELY
Boss: Jack, listen. Jack, you need to discover what it means to be a soldier. Today's friend might be tomorrow's enemy. Like next week, when you'll have to kill me.
- Snake's impeccable stealth prowess.Guard: Say, what's tha-
Snake: I'M A TREE
Guard: Oh, okay.
- "SELF-ESTEEM TEAM!"
- 99 Bottles of Vodka on the Wall! 99 Bottles of Vodkaaa! Shoopity doopity doopity doop!
- WELP GOTTA GO THAT CROTCH AIN'T GONNA GRAB ITSELF
- Unlike in the original, here, Volgin's a walking tank of funny.Volgin: Who wants to watch me punch the crap out of Granin?? I DOOOOO!! Electric Bullet Punch!
Ocelot: Err... Colonel, I don't approve of your methods!
Volgin: *Death Glare*
Volgin: This is a war, Major. There's a spy among us.
The Boss: EVERYONE LOOK AT MY AWESOME HORSE. The Fear and The End have fallen.
Volgin: Why does your unit suck so much?
The Boss: *Death Glare*
- The best part about that is that while Volgin's (and other people's) Death Glare is compounded by a Gross-Up Close-Up, the Boss's is just her regular cartoon face, but angry. As in, she did a Death Glare with her eyes shut.
- Even better in the hyperdub, in which he inexplicably sounds like Sean Connery.
- Just the fact alone that half the time Volgin is drawn like he's doing the Trollface expression. It makes him look like the smuggest asshole on the planet whose main motivation is to annoy everyone around him.
- Volgin soon learns the dangers of nukes. Made even funnier in Broad Spectrum's Fan Dub when they use an actual nuclear explosionVolgin: OKAY, WHATEVER I WANNA PLAY WITH MY NEW TOY
Ocelot: Colonel, you can't just fire that on your own-
Volgin: SHUT UP I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT
Volgin: The Boss did that
- How did Sokolov get a girlfriend that hot. Seriously
- A very accurate retelling of The End's boss fight:The End: You stand around in the open?
The End: I shoot you in the face.
Snake: (BAM) AAAAAAAAA
The End: You try to hide?
Snake: I'ma tree I'ma tree I'ma tree...
The End: I shoot you in the face.
Snake: (BAM) HOW
The End: You touch my parrot?
Snake: (sneaking up on the parrot)
The End: Right in the face.
Snake: (BAM) WHAT I DIDN'T EVEN
The End: And if I'm feeling a bit down... (Low HP) ...I say a prayer to the forest... (Recovers HP)
The End: ... And THEN I shoot you in the face!
Snake: (BAM) WHYYYYYYY
- Made even more hilarious in the Broad Spectrum dub, where they played "Saria's Song" when The End made his "prayer to the forest".
- The Fury is a solid block, for how abruptly he arrives, ends, and how blatant he is.Snake: Alright, time to—
The Fury: COBRA TIME
Snake: oh boy
Snake: So, what's your deal?
The Fury: I AM THE FURY
The Fury: *closeup* I CAME BACK FROM SPACE
The Fury: *even closer* AND NOW I WANNA SET THE WORLD ON FIRE
- HEY, DID YOU SEE THE MUMMY IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD MOVIE.
- The Fear's boss introduction. Particularly even funnier with the hyperdub.Snake: OKAY! Time to—!
The Fear: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- Eva and Snake somehow end up talking about love.Eva: Hey, what kind of relationship do you have, anyway?
Snake (solemnly): She's like my mother... And my master.
Eva (slyly): Like a lover?
Snake (clearly disturbed at the prospect): I just said she's like my mother.
Eva: :D SNAAAKE AND THE BOOOSS, SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-
- Volgin's crotch grab...Volgin: Major, I was waiting for you in my room! It's chocolate sundae night!
Volgin: And gosh, I'm right on schedule! *grabs Snake's crotch, HONK HONK*
Hideo Kojima: HAHAHAHAHAHA!! YES, THIS IS AWESOME!!!!
- After Snake gets one eye gutted out...
- From LittleKuriboh and White Ash 002's dub: SNAKE EATERRRRRR
- Mitigated somewhat by the fact that most of the dubs do that.
- "Come on Snake, what's not sexy about losing an eye?"Snake: Hey, listen, I think Ocelot might be onto you -
Eva: PSSH. Don't sweat it! There's not a man alive who can resist my boobs!
Snake: Uh, but I really don't think he's into -
Eva: MOTORCYCLES VROOM VROOM
- What makes Ocelot start to suspect Tatyana is a spy? She walks in while her boots say "Hello I Am Eva".'
- The Shagohod is mostly blurred when we see it, but when we finally do see it, it looks like a crab. This was alluded to before.
- You didn't really think you'd get to leave without fighting this stupid thing did you?!
- The Sorrow's Talking with Signs.
- The Pain explaining his power over bees:The Pain: Tommygun! Grenade! BIKINI!!!
- Snake's confusion after The Pain's death.Snake: These guys ended World War II?!
Sigint: Snake, you crazy man! You're just crazy!
- "W-well, there is a crocodile with a gun, and I think he's looking at me..."
- The Boss tells Volgin of The Pain's death:The Boss: The Pain is dead.
Volgin: I'M SO ANGRY, I COULD PUNCH A CONCRETE WALL!
The Boss: But it's cool! We've still got The Fearnote and The Endnote ! He's the best sniper ever. Once he wakes up, it will be ''THE END'' for the boy.
Volgin: Ho ho ho!
The Boss: Yeah, that was a pretty good one, wasn't it?
Snake: (Tears in his eyes) The Boss and I used to make bad puns together!
- "Eva, I... I need you!... TO STOP WHINING AND FLY US OUT OF HERE!"
- The ending piece is so popular its image is used and edited everywherePresident: Alright gentlemen, we need a name for the man that defeated The Boss.
*Look at piece of paper that says Boss on it*
CIA members: Hmmmm...
*The word Big is scribbled above Boss*
CIA members: *GASP*
- Eva Drives Like Crazy so much that Snake is crying like a pansy in the face of it!I WANNA CHANGE SEATS!
- Which is followed with Ocelot's "NO I HATE THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK!"
- Theproofreader's fandub of Ocelot overall, since the guy sure knows how to crank up his tone to the point of sounding hilariously pathetic whenever Ocelot has his Butt-Monkey moments, amping the scenes up.
- Volgin's rapeface during the torture scene. The BroadSpectrumStudios also went as far as adding an extra "Rrrowr!" sound effect for that.
- The Sorrow's introduction:The Sorrow: I am The Sorrow.
Snake: A Cobra I can take seriously?
The Sorrow: (Glasses crack) EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Snake: (Facepalming) Why do i keep doing this to myself
- Eva's 60's bra = Snake's delight. Eva's 60's bloomers = Snake's dismay.
- Whenever The Sorrow appears in the backgroundVolgin: I found Tatyana snooping around the vault! ...with this! The Philosophers' Legacy!
The Sorrow: *On a sign* That's what happens when you tell everyone where you put it
Volgin: Who would have guesses that lovely Tatyana could be the spy?
The Sorrow: *On a sign* Everyone who was paying attention
- And later:Volgin: Ocelot! Whose side are you on?!
Ocelot: *On a sign* Volgin Sux
The Sorrow: *On a sign* That's my boy
- And later:
- The Boss telling Snake a story.The Boss: It's story time!
The Boss: Today, the story of The Boss and the Mean Old Philosophers!
Snake: Ooh, I haven't heard this one!
The Boss: Once upon a time, I was an atomic test subject. And then I was the first person in space. And then the government betrayed me when I went to Cuba! And then I had to kill my boyfriend.
Snake: I DON'T LIKE THIS STORY
The Boss: Let me finish! The Philosopers want war to go on forever! And my dad was one of them!
Young Boss: daddy I want to go home
The Boss: I was pregnant with The Sorrow's baby!
The Sorrow: let's name him little boss
The Boss: But the Philosophers stole it while I was on a mission!
Snake: W-Wait, why were you on a mission while you were pregnant?!
- The FlashbackThe Boss: Okay, let's do this!
The Fear: Uh, Boss...
The Fury: We didn't want to have to say this, but...
The Boss is wearing a shirt with the words "Little Boss on Board"
The Sorrow: M...Maybe you should start thinking about the baby?
The Boss: SHUT UP IT'S MY BODY I'LL DO WHAT I WANT! COBRAS, HOOOOO!!! *thud*
- The Flashback
- SNAKE EATERRRRRRR doo doo do dooooooo
- The Broad Spectrum dub take on Volgin and Ocelot catching Snake bombing the Shagohod, by using the commercial break intro/outro of Azumanga Daioh.
- "Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about."Protagonist: "..."
???: "THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!"
Protagonist: [does so]
Yosuke and Chie: PSSSHHAAAAWWW.
- "You tried to tell them about how your TV almost ate you last night."
Yosuke: Hey, Chie, let's go to Junes and find a TV this loser can jump into.
Chie: I know, right?
[they keep laughing until the Protagonist demonstrates it]
Yosuke and Chie: AAAAAAAAA
- You became friends with Yosuke. Yosuke will now die for you.
- TRIAL OF THE DRAGOOOOOON
- OH, MOTHER FUCKER [thud]
- And gets another call back later when Yosuke is about to invite the protagonist for steak.Chie: TRIAL OF THE DRAGOOONNN.
Yosuke: And no worries, I'll treat you for —
Chie: TRIAL OF THE DRAGOOOOONNNN
- So I heard somebody wanted to talk about murders!
- In the Sapphire Dub, the word murders is in shining rainbow text. With the cheers of children accompanying it.
- No need to be so formal! I've seen you NAKED
- Starting today, you will be moving in with your uncle and cousin in Inaba, where you'll be living for the next year! But first, would you like to see a totally unrelated 15 year old girl in a bikini? [both choices are YES]...Rise: OMG! I'm SOOO totally FAT! <3
Narrator: Awwwwww yeah... Wait, what? Oh. Right. Moving in with your uncle or whatever.
- The Fan Dub make this even funnier.
- The StrawberryCreme26 Fan Dub turned Chie's demand for steak into one. "STEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAKSTEAK...."
- Yosuke expresses his surprise in the most eloquent way possible. "I have to PEE!!"
- YOU GUYS, I HAVE TO PEE SO BAD! I'M GONNA PEE RIGHT HERE!! [Beat] OKAY NEVERMIND
- And no one ate dinner that night.
- Dub Narrator: Hey, you want to hang out at the train station? Whoops, the train station sucks.
- "All yo yens, yip-yip-yap!" is also particularly charming in the dub version.
- Shadow selves!
- It's even better in the dub. Yosuke lets out what has to be the most anguished scream in the history of the internet.
- Just Yosuke's reactions to the Shadow selves.Shadow Yukiko: Guess who's wearing her kitty panties!
- And Shadow Rise:Shadow Rise: [No words, just a close-up on her bouncing chest.]
Yosuke: [phone call] DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Yosuke: [The next day] Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!Dude!
- Helllllllllllllo. Persona persona persona persooooona. SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINKS, SOCIAL LINKS!
- Dojima solving the murder mystery.Dojima: Two bodies hanging from a telephone pole...and we don't even know if this is a homicide case yet.
Adachi: Sir, I think we can probably assume it's a—
Dojima: Shut up Adachi. We've got no clues about the perp. We don't even have a sus because the sec with a mo's got a perf al.
Adachi: Sir, what are you even—
Dojima: SHUT UP, ADACHI.
Adachi: Um, so what do we know about the case so far?
Dojima: The perp, is probably in Inaba.
Dojima: Case closed. Let's get drunk.
- The infamous Kanji scene which the gang mistook him for being gay.Kanji: What are you guys doing?
Yosuke: Watching you hang out with a dude!
Chie: Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Yosuke: Yeah! I mean, if you like dudes.
Kanji: You sayin' I like dudes?
Yosuke and Chie: AAAAHHHHH!!
Narrator: And then there was a wacky chase scene.
Kanji: NOOOO COME BACK I LOVE GIRLS!
Yosuke: Hey, but can we ask you something?
Yosuke: Has anything strange happened to you lately?
Kanji: Strange? You sayin' I like dudes? TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN RAAAAAAA!!
Narrator: You know what, let's just stick to the Midnight Channel.
- Even better, the English dub of the Persona 4 anime nails 80% of these lines correctly.
- Once one discovers that in the comic dub, Kanji is voiced by Arin Hanson (a.k.a Egoraptor), it just makes his lines seem even funnier.
- The first murder in the first Persona 4 comic is pretty normal...until you hear how the fan dub voices a kid.Woman 1: Dude they already took it down.
Woman 2: Aw maaan I love dead bodies!
Kid: [In a DEEP man's voice] Mom I'm hungry!
- "HEY, EVERYBODY! I LOVE SWORDS!" [cut to Yosuke and MC in detention, writing on a chalkboard]Yosuke: I will not wave swords around in a food court. I will not wave swords around in a food court. I will not wave swords-
Main Character: I will not make friends with gangsters. I will not make friends with gangsters. I will not make friends with-
- Before this happens, you wonder where Yosuke gets the swords from?"HEY DAD, WHERE DO WE KEEP THE SWORDS?"
- Before this happens, you wonder where Yosuke gets the swords from?
- The exchange between Yosuke and his Shadow self is absolutely hilarious.Shadow Yosuke: Whatever, man. She wasn't even that hot.
Teddie: Two Yosukes!?
Shadow Yosuke: More like one Yosuke and one awesome Yosuke. Living in the country is pretty boring.
Yosuke: NO YOU'RE NOT ME I'D NEVER SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT EVER!!!
[Yosuke passes out when Shadow Yosuke transforms]
Shadow Yosuke: Sounds like someone just ordered a stupid-looking boss! AHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! [Zio'd] Ow.
Teddie: You have to accept it or it'll attack us again!
Narrator: The strength of heart to face one's self has blah blah blah
Yosuke: Okay fine I guess I do kind of hate everything.
Narrator: He has obtained the facade used to overcome life's hardships, the Persona Disco Ninja Frog!
- The one before that with Yosuke and Saki's voice.Saki: Hey Hana-chan~
Yosuke: Yes, my sweet?
Saki: GO KILL YOURSELF
Yosuke: WHAT? But we were gonna get married and have a million beautiful children together!
- The one before that with Yosuke and Saki's voice.
- Shadow Chie's introduction:Shadow Chie: Oh, I'm sorry, was that Yukiko just now?
Shadow Chie: I dunno, I don't speak skanky whore!
[cut to the protagonist, Yosuke, and Teddie eating popcorn as Chie and Shadow Chie continue to argue]
- The introduction of Shadow Yukiko:Singing Voice: It's symbolic!
Shadow Yukiko: CAWWWWW!!!
- Anything that has to do with Dojima's trade:Cop on phone: Dojima-san, sir, they're selling those cute little ice cream things you like for half-off at Junes.
Dojima: I'M ON THE CASE [hangs up] Daddy's got some [licking lips] criminals to apprehend.
Dojima: All this work is such a pain. It's like people expect the police to solve crimes or something.
Dojima: [on phone with the Protagonist] Hey, uh, you know how I said we were taking a trip for Golden Week? Uh... J-Just kidding! [shown hanging out with Adachi in a club] It's, uh... official police business. Can't talk about it.
- The fight against Shadow Kanji:Shadow Kanji: You guyyyyyys! Everyone at school makes fun of me because I like—
[Shadow Kanji transforms] IT'S STILL SYMBOOOOLIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!
Shadow Kanji: AAAAAAAAA~
Narrator: (You know, because he's gay. Do you get it?)
[Shadow Kanji gets Agi'd]
Kanji: Okay, so maybe you really are me. Kinda. But I still don't like dudes.
Narrator: Yyyyep. Then Kanji got a Persona!
Kanji: Hell yeah!
Narrator: Too bad you'll never use him in battle.
Kanji: Aw man...
- While pretty normal in the normal comic, the dub version adds up this gem when Yukiko got her Persona:Yukiko has acquired the Persona Ammuh... Ammuh... tu... tu—Fuck It.
- The above becomes funnier when you realize the dubber mixed up Konohana Sakuya's name (the actual name of Yukiko's initial Persona) with Amaterasu (her evolved Persona).
- It's time for Shadow Teddie's Existiential Kids Korner! The word of the day is 'Futile'. As in 'Your futile existence has no meaning'.Shadow Teddie: Chie, do you know any other words that begin with F?
Shadow Teddie: Excellent.
- The localizers are apparently fans because this has become an Ascended Meme in Golden!
- EW DEAD BODIES EWW EWW EWWWWWWWWWW!
- Yukiko's "My Fried Tofu My Fried Tofu MY FRIED TOFU MYFRIEDTOFU" might look normal, but on the dub, hearing her dubber going REALLY FRANTIC over it takes the cake.
- Yukiko: Hey, Kanji's gone missing! What do you think?
Main Character:I dunno
> He's in the TVNarrator: You wanted to say that, but you don't have enough Common Sense.
- Student: Your mom's in the hospital!
Yumi: AAAAAAA I HATE MY DAD!!!
Narrator: ...And then going to drama got really awkward.
- News anchor: Tonight: Biker gangs! In YOUR neighborhood!
Kanji, on screen: GET BENT GET BENT GET BENT
- When the Protagonist is watching the Midnight Channel and getting a clearer image of Kanji, Kanji's shirt reads "Get Bent". The kicker in the fandub? It's flashing.
- Dojima is equally funny and terrifying while drunk.
- You watched [the Midnight Channel] again while eating Nanako's science project.
- You wonder what fun, exciting adventures await you at your new high school.
- The last two pages of the webcomic are great too.
- Teddie makes crazy faces at you until you turned around and left. [Rank up!!]
- Any of the Social Link Scenes are hilarious.Yosuke: Dude this steak is awesome. [Rank up!!!]
- Two words: "Dominatrix Bananahead~"
- Kou Ichijou and his balls.Kou: You know what I like? Balls. I looooooove them balls. You need me to throw balls at you guys? 'Cause I got all kinds of balls.
Daisuke: DUDE YOU GOTTA STOP POLISHING THOSE BALLS.
Kou: I CAN'T STOP MAN THESE BALLS ARE ON FIRE AAAAAAAA!!
Narrator: You decided not to join a sports club.
Kou: Hey wait come back!
- Social Linking with Dojima.S-S-Social Link... Go?
- Followed with Dojima the Commander Contrarian.
- Nanako's line is so hilarious her voice actress actually started Corpsing when she started reading it.
- This particular moment spawned two separate homage comics for Persona 5 with Joker/Sojiro and Akechi/Sae replacing Yu/Dojima, and both are just as hilarious as the original.
- The swimsuit scene at the camping trip:Yosuke: Everybody get naked!
Yosuke: What? B-but you're girls! You can't cook, you won't get naked.... What are you even good for?!
Yukiko: Well he has a point.
MC: [looks horrified]
- When the MC compliments Chie on her swimsuit, she gets all blushy, but when Yosuke does it (albeit in a more pervy way) she and Yukiko push him into the lake.
- When Dojima is telling off the Main Character for getting involved in the case.Nanako: Noooo Fighting!
- The Strawberry Creme dubbing returns with the last, unfinished part, which ends with Dojima giving a hilarious rant to Nanako about his job, while roaring drunk.Everyone's the killer, and Imma Suuuuuper Mario!
- Maybe it's because it uses the same stock 'yay' but this exchange is hilarious in the dub.
- Naoto's debut.
- When the Investigation Team is staking out Kanji.
- Joining the culture club, THIS is the first thing you see:
- Yosuke's reactions when Kanji's dungeon is involved:Noooo it's too gay in here!
Don't do anything gaaaaay!
- And his reaction to first going to Rise's dungeon.Heeeeey! This is my kinda dungeon!
- When Shadow Teddie attacks the groupYosuke: Oh no guys, how are we gonna fight without Tedd-PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT, I'm sorry, I just can't finish that...
- OOGA BOOGA!!
- From the dub:Yosuke: Hey, it's Senpai's parents' store! I bet this place has something to do with how she died—
Teddie: TUTORIAL FIGHT! TUTORIAL FIGHT!
[Yosuke get slobbered by a shadow]
Yosuke: WAIT WHAT! WHAT IS THIS?!
Teddie: [completely deadpan] Hmm?
Izanagi: I am thou. Thou art me. We're a happy familyyyyy~
(children cheering in the background)
- During the school trip with Kanji staying over the P4 Protagonist's and Yosuke's tent.Narrator: What is actually happening. [Shows a worried Kanji and a normal-faced Protagonist]
Kanji: Hey, Senpai, what's up?
Narrator: What Yosuke is seeing. [Shows a naked Kanji and a naked Protagonist with odd Bishounen looks and Bishie Sparkles]
Kanji: Care to join us?
Protagonist: Huff huff...
Kanji: [while completely naked] If that's what you think, I'm gonna go hit the girls tent right now! Because I! LOVE! WOMEN- [gets kicked in the face by Chie]
- Once Kanji and Yosuke get into a fight about who likes women more, the P4 Protagonist channels the P3 Protagonist by wearing headphones and not caring anything about the conversation. Bonus points in the dub, where he listens to Burn My Dread.
- Hey Boys And Girls, It's Shadow Teddie's Existential Kid's Korner!Shadow Teddie: Your word of the day is FUTILE! As in your futile existence has no meaning! Chie, do you know any other words that start with 'F'?
Chie: Uh, Fsteak?
Shadow Teddie: Excellent! Now, all together!
Shadow Teddie, MC, Kanji, Yosuke: You futile exi-stence has no meeea-ning
Teddie: You Guys!
Shadow Teddie: Okay, let's get serious. I'm going to kill everyone in this room.
- Hey! I'm a totally unimportant Gas Station attendant! CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAND?
- Yukiko: I'm wearing a kimono because I'm filling in for my mom at the in we run.
[cut to MC and Nanako watching the news]
News: Yukiko Amagi is wearing a kimono because she's filling in for her mom at the inn they run.
[MC watches the Midnight Channel]
Narrator: There's a high school girl in a kimono. But you can't think of anyone who fits that description.
- Dojima: We need a new lead before the killer's trail goes stone cold.
Adachi with a gigantic shit-eating grin: Like your dead wife?
Dojima: Wait, what?
Adachi: What? Huh?
- Even the TV is a Jerkass that Crosses the Line Twice:TV: Hey, Dojima? Remember that time when your wife GOT RUN OVER BY A CAR?! [the dub adds some truly glorious Evil Laughter]
- "Saki-senpai really isn't at school today." "THAT'S BECAUSE SHE'S DEAD"
- "I hope that you're beary prebeared for this unbearable bear of a battle!" For bonus points, Teddie's derp-eyed when he says it.
- During Lets Destroy the FOX Unit!....
- Kidnapping a random mook to join their cause, and the big stupid grins they have on their faces the entire time.Big Boss and Colonel Campbell: Hey, do you wanna join our club?
Big Boss and Colonel Campbell: DO YOU WANT TO JOIN OUR CLUB?
- There's also...Super Saiyan!Elisa: YOU'RE KILLING THE TREEEES!!! *Shank* Oh.
- Python. He only gets about half a mintue, but makes up for it with as many ice puns as he can:Python: Freeze Snake! It's time to put your plans on ice! So FREEZED to meet you again, Snake! It's just like COLD times! You'd better Chill out when you deal with this COOL CUSTOMER or else you'll get Freezer-burned! 'Cause I'm no bark, all FROSTBITE! You're on THIN ICE! So FREEZE the frame, and- *Snake shoots him* OW MY FACE MY FACE MY FACE!
- The entire "Someday" sequence.Elisa: I know you'll make a great father some day!
Young Solid Snake: Dad, guess what? I learned my sixth language today!
Big Boss: Good work, son, your made your father proud.
Young Solid Snake: Yea—
Young Liquid Snake: FAAAAAATHEEEERRR! I learned my seventh language today!
Big Boss: ... Get out...! ...Solidus, where's my dinner?
Teenage Solidus: (while wearing an apron and carrying a tray of food) Coming dad.
- Anytime Gene opened his mouth.Gene: First person to start shooting at random gets a cupcake
Cue soldiers infighting.
- The whole bit at the endNarrator: Snake, you stopped Gene and saved the world from nuclear war. What are you gonna do now?
Snake: I'm gonna go back to my room and mope, but I realized something.
Narrator: What's that?
Snake: I realized that I don't feel alive unless I'm in battle, so I need to fight all the time.
Narrator: That's kinda messed up.
Snake: So I thought, what if I made a place for soldiers so they would always have someone to fight?
Narrator: That's exactly what Gene was going to do!
Snake: It'll be cooler when I do it. I mean, what could go wrong? Eh? Ehh? Ehhhhhhhhhhhh?
- This gem.Elisa: Hey, you wanna hear how my parents were killed?
Snake: Was it a nuclear explosion? >_>
Elisa: It was a nuclear explosion! =D
- The one paneled Art Shift, in which Snake and Campbell look much closer to their game models.Campbell: Snake you gotta fix this malaria.
Snake: Yeah okay.
- Snake's nightmare:Ghost: Metal GEEEEEEEEEEEEAR!
- Elisa uses her hypnotic psychic powers à la Hypnotoad from Futurama.
- Kidnapping a random mook to join their cause, and the big stupid grins they have on their faces the entire time.
- The Frightbot told a story so scary you want to cover your ears.◊Frightbot: CLAUS DIES
- IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT A LADY◊
- "Soooo, I'm gonna sit here and stare at you until you decide to kill me."
- How do you eat a hamburger? I'm so rich. Ice Break.
- The StrawberryCreme26 made Koromaru's normal "BARK BARK BARK BARK" sound really hilarious in the same vein of the "ALL YO YENS"
- Same goes with Akihiko's SHINJISHINJISHINJITRAININGTRAININGSHINJISHINJISHINJITRAININGTRAINING
- The Fuuka one? The fact that she's voiced by the dude voicing Yosuke in the Persona 4 comics and not even trying to sound girly made it funnier than just text.
- When Ryoji tries to change the protagonist's decision by transforming into Thanatos.
- Different Persona 3 comic, but...Nozomi: I thought about you when I farted.
- Ace Attorney:Von Karma: Hello, Edgeworth. Your father *pfff* has come back to life *pfff* and he is waiting *pfff* in the foyer!
Edgeworth: Sir, I'm 19. That's not going to work anymore.
Von Karma: HE DIED LIKE A DOG AND SO WILL YOU! *slam*
- Apollo Justice taking his fanboyism of Phoenix Wright to the next level, until Kristoph has had enough.
- Okay, Zak Gramayre is a jerk, but him 'pressing' Kristoph's sensitive point is hilarious. See, Zak sides with Phoenix because to him, Kristoph sucks at poker. Then, in a TV show, Zak appears and...Zak: Ala-ka-wow! Hey guys! My next act is dedicated for all the boys and girls who suck at poker!!
- MY EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS ARE TOO POWERFUL TO LET THIS GAME END!!!! Which is a very accurate portrayal of how the case went.
- Liquid just can't get any love from his dad.