- When Higanbana gave us the impression that Kanamori had become Mesomeso, and had won, we wouldn't consider it funny. However, it's shown that she was pulling his leg, and told him that he failed the test regarding the rules of Mesomeso.
- During the "After School" segment at the end of the Second Night, there are a few "daydreams" that Kyō of the Mirrors observes. Quite a few of them are rather humorous, and often elicit a Flat "What" reaction from him.
- The first "daydream" that we see is of the two Sadist Teachers, Kanamori and Shintani, pretty much getting into a pissing contest and accusing the other of being more perverted. There's something bizarrely amusing about seeing these two child molesters bickering about who's worse. It's the Pot Calling The Kettle Black at its finest.
- Hikaru and Michiru arguing over who has the superior supernatural power, with them summoning their most powerful allies to battle each other. Instead of fighting as they expected, Hameln just gives Sakunoshin a snack and they chat like friends.
- The Nurse asking Renoir to use his powers to send her into the pictures in her stash of manga so she can flirt with the hot guys in them.
- When Kyō drops in on a tea party that Marie and Higanbana were having, they run into some conflict about how to partition Marie's two sugar cookies.
- First, when informed that Kyō will receive one whole cookie while Higanbana and Marie each take one half of the other cookie, Higanbana's first solution is to tell Kyō that he has five seconds to Get Out!. Marie has to make her apologize if she wants any snacks at all.
- Higanbana is doubtful that Marie will split the cookie exactly evenly, and assumes that she'll just split it so that she gets the bigger portion while Higanbana is left with the smaller one. They agree to let Higanbana be the one to split the cookie, and Marie will get the part that's opposite of the part Higanbana didn't choose. Naturally, Higanbana is upset to realize that she'd been hoodwinked.
- When Higanbana accepts these terms, she boasts about how she'll cut it incredibly unevenly and leave Marie with nothing but the sugar at the bottom of the container. Kyō calls her out on being an Ungrateful Bastard to Marie, but she just brushes it off and proclaims that she's exceptionally cruel.
Funny / Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni