- The demo has some additional scenes in which a chibified Tara and Madison provide commentary on missing scenes or what may change in the final product.
Tara: (doing an Abigail impression): Hey, it's me, Abigail! I'm really spooky and I just loooooooove Maddie so much! I'm so glad we're dating now!
- In the first scene, Tara asks Madison why she's wearing her winter coat indoors. Madison fires back that Tara is the sort who gets her hair dyed at a salon then cuts it herself.
- In the second scene, Tara makes a Mythology Gag about how the game was originally going to be about time travel, but Madison points out that no one besides the writers will get it.
- In the fourth scene, Tara says that since she isn't there in the actual story, Abigail should be introducing them, but Madison says they don't have a chibi sprite for Abigail. Then Tara comes out with a Stylistic Suck drawing of Abigail.
Madison: Just roll the damn scene.
Madison: Can you at least wait until the demo's done to thirst over a girl you just met, please?
- In the final scene, Tara asks the player to like, comment and subscribe, only for Madison to tell her that it isn't how a demo works, and Tara's getting the demo confused with her livestream.
- Tara mentions that the full version has incentives for people to check it out, since Tara will show up more and Morgan is another pretty face to look at.
- In the prologue scene to the demo, Madison says that her and Tara's hunt for the mothman nearly got them arrested without getting a shred of evidence. Tara disagrees, saying that they couldn't decide whether their evidence was conclusive.
- In Chapter 1, Morgan offers to show Madison and Tara something special, causing Tara to try to guess what it is.Tara: I think I've narrowed it down. It's either a crashed UFO, the fountain of youth, or Elvis.
Madison: Those are the ones you've narrowed it down to?
Tara: Someday, Mads, it's gonna be Elvis. And you're going to wish you believed me.
- Early on Maddie tells Tara not to get her hopes up about Eysenfeld being super rustic and antiquated. Its even funnier with voice acting, as Allie Goodell puts on a silly accent.Tara: And here I thought Id get a chance to show off how amazing Id look in a top hat.Maddie: Im sure youd be the teen heartthrob of the Victorian era.
- Tara and Maddie's first meeting with Morgan is pretty funny overall. After all the time Tara spends bracing herself for Morgans geeking out, its clearly a bit of a blow to her ego how subdued and calm the other girl turns out to be. Even worse, Maddie actually seems to elicit more of a reaction out of Morgan.
Morgan: Theres also my cat.Tara: Your cat is a supernatural occurrence?Morgan: She can talk, so Id say so.
- Maddie notices Tara accidentally flex at Morgan while getting her bags.
- Morgans ride for Tara and Maddie turns out to be a horse drawn carriage. Small problem, though: Tara is absolutely terrified of horses. She tries to play it cool, but its blatantly obvious how freaked out she is.
- The moment Morgan brings up Geladura:
- Astoundingly, Tara goes right along with it. She even asks if she can try any special Eysenfeld cat food Morgan might be feeding her.
- A throwaway line reveals Tara filmed a Taranormal episode on Bigfoots effect on the Great Depression. Whats even better is that its apparently one of Morgans favorite episodes.Morgan: I had never heard of the theory that FDR was a cousin of Sasquatch.Tara: To be fair, I dont think FDR did either.
- Morgan saying she left the heater on in the cabin prompts this incredible exchange:Tara: Thats what I like to hear! Youre like Prometheus.Maddie: Im surprised you know who that is.Tara: Why? I loved that movie.
- Maddie hears Tara scream bloody murder and runs into the living room, only to discover thats just Taras reaction to realizing theres no phone signal or wi-fi. The kicker is, in spite of Maddie being the more mature one, she actually is pretty horrified to realize this too.
- Morgan nearly scares poor Maddie out of her skin not once but twice by rapping on her window late at night.Maddie: You couldn't knock?Morgan: I did.
- In Chapter 2, Madison apparently got a weird look from the person running the bookstore when she bought a book of baby names. Even Abigail wonders whether Madison's pregnant before Madison explains why she bought the book- so Abigail can give Madison her name.
- In Chapter 3, Geladura finally talks for the first time around Tara. When she asks if Geladura can talk, Geladura says "No."
- Tara trying- emphasis on trying- to cook for Morgan, and the rather disastrous results, leading to the pictured line.
- In Chapter 5, there's a bit of Black Comedy as Tara apologizes for how she acted toward Madison, saying she "shouldn't have frozen (her) out like that." Madison, who froze to death, says, "Maybe a bad choice of words there, Tara."
- Even the ending in which Morgan dies has a moment of levity when Madison proposes ordering Hawaiian pizza in order to bridge the gulf between her and Tara.
- The good ending has its share of these moments.
- Tara gets annoyed with Madison and Abigail's Sickeningly Sweethearts routine, but Morgan simply decides that she and Tara can just outdo them.
- Abigail turns out to be a Big Eater after spending two centuries not eating anything.
- In a Brick Joke from early in the game, Tara asks Abigail if she's going to show them Elvis. Madison exasperatedly asks if Tara will ever let that go, while Abigail asks who Elvis is.
- Tara, realizing that Abigail, as a ghost, doesn't have any documentation, decides to forge government documents for her.
- Considering all the trouble Tara gets up to, you'd imagine that she'd have more than a little alcohol tolerance, right? Not according to Madison, who points out that Tara falls off the bar stool or passes out after two drinks.
- "I Told You So" has quite a few such moments.
Tara: As you can see, Mads has her priorities straight. Well, not straight, obviously, but you know what I mean.
- In "Trick or Truth," Madison is rather fond of the name "AbiGayIRL" and Tara says that if she befriends an Abigail, she'll make her use that name on every website. Madison wonders where they'll find someone named Abigail who has zero web presence.
- Also from "Trick or Truth," Tara embarrasses Madison by mentioning her crush on the barista, that Madison is "a sucker for pink hair," and that if she found someone who naturally has that hair (i.e. Abigail) she'd be "set for life." Madison frantically tells June that Madison "has no idea what she's talking about."
- Toward the end of "Trick or Truth," Madison ruins the Added Alliterative Appeal of "Madison's Monstrous Movie Monologue," by insisting that Tara call them "films" instead, then starts going off on a rant about The Thing as the episode ends.
- In, "Stay Spooky, Maddie," After Madison quits Taranormal to finish her film studies degree and spend more time with Abigail.
Morgan: Priorities gay.
Tara: This guy gets it.
Madison: Wait, hang on. You actually told me that title was a joke. You aren't actually going with that, are you?
- When "I Told You So With Tara & Morgan" debuts its new name, Madison is surprised.
Tara: You bet your ghost-loving ass I am.
Morgan: And it's not because she's making them up as she goes along.
- Tara says that there are so many reasons to tune in to her new show that she can't name them all.
Tara: Of course not. Preparedness is my middle name.
Abigail: I thought it was Muriel.
Funny / Heart of the Woods