- "All we had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!"
- "Holy FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!" In context, you impersonate a valet driver to take out a target, and because he cannot swim, you simply speed up through a boardwalk. Cue the Famous Last Words.
- During the Mission Madd Dogg's Rhymes, one of MD's guards is playing a video game — which is evidently So Bad, It's Horrible, in a subtle Take That! note :
- Most of the time that Catalina confronts CJ with anger, you're guaranteed to hear CJ say: "What'd I do now?" as if he was always wrong from Catalina's perspective.
- This exchange:Toreno's Henchman: This is all about speed and commitment. You got a GPS in the cab. Get to each set of map coordinates as quick as you can. Make it to all the coordinates then get the truck back here. Lose the truck and you fail.
CJ: First, what's a GPS? Second, fail what? And third, who the fuck are you?
- Earlier:Voicebox: Time to see what you're made of.
CJ: What it look like I'm made of? Pudding?
- Tenpenny in the cutscene before he flees in the final mission:Carl: What you catching, a plane?
Tenpenny: Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding! Good answer, Carl! You know, you're gonna thank me one day for opening your fucking eyes. Ohhh, I almost forgot, Carl. *cocks SPAS-12* Time to die.
Carl: Uh, Sweet! *dives for cover*
Tenpenny: *turns around* What? Motherf- *shoots and misses* It aint over Carl! It aint over!
- Just after this cutscene when Tenpenny shoots a generator to prevent Carl from escaping:Tenpenny: Carl, you motherfucking-piece-of-shit-gangbanging-cocksucker!
- Just after this cutscene when Tenpenny shoots a generator to prevent Carl from escaping:
- Pretty much anytime the Grove Street OG's get in a car. For example, in Drive-Thru, there's Big Smoke's order at the Cluckin' Bell:Smoke: I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.
(CJ and Ryder look behind at Smoke and shrug)
- If you pay attention during this cutscene, after the third or fourth thing Smoke orders everyone in the car looks around at him like "are you shitting me?"
- Also, Big Smoke managing to eat the entire gang's takeaway meal while the others are having a shootout with another gang's car.Ryder: Why you ain't blastin', Smoke?
Big Smoke: I'll shoot 'em when I'm done eatin'.
CJ: Quit stuffin' your motherfuckin' mouth! Let's go!
Big Smoke: I ain't stuffin' it, homie. I'm enjoyin' my meal. Hey, kill that asshole! Shit, this a great sandwich!
Ryder: Smoke! Stop stuffin' your face and start popping them Ballas!
Big Smoke: I'm tryin' to enjoy my food!
Sweet: And those fools are tryin' to enjoy our death! Now, c'mon, Smoke, shoot!
Big Smoke: Hey, I'm just finishing my fries!
[Sweet's car slams deftly into the Ballas gangcar]
Big Smoke: My special!
Ryder: Oh shit, you got ketchup all over the seat!
Big Smoke: The business at hand, motherfucker, the business at hand!
Ryder: But these was clean pants!
- And another time, during a chase between the Grove Street OG's and the LSPD in "Reuniting the Families":
- Sweet and Kendl argue over Kendl's "cholo motherfucker" boyfriend Cesar.Sweet: Some things just aren't meant to happen. I mean, what if ya'll have kids? Leroy Hernandez? That don't sound good, girl.
Kendl: His name ain't Hernandez.
Sweet: Well, Leroy Lopez then.
Kendl: Or Lopez either, you racist fuck! That ain't how Moms raised us!
Sweet: I ain't racist. I just know how they feel about you. And look at you, you're dressed like a hooker!
Kendl: Oh, and I guess you two would know what a hooker look like, huh.
CJ: *matter-of-factly* You say that like it's a bad thing.
Kendl, Sweet: Shut up, Carl!
- And later on, Tenpenny tells CJ to call 555-WETIP and frame someone for drug possession.CJ: Hey motherfucker, the code of the streets is that I don't snitch! I don't give a fuck if it kills you, me, my brother. Street cats don't call no cops!
Tenpenny: Carl, he's a D.A.!
CJ: ...yeah? Well, where I go find him?
- OG Loc has got to be the funniest character in the game. Not only does he break out into really lame raps all the time, but what really makes him funny is that we all know someone like him! Here's when he's rapping in the bathroom of Burger Shot:OG Loc: Hey hey hey, it's OG Loc, homie, and I'm gonna kick it a little something like this... Hey yo', when I come through up in the place, you don't want me to call with a gun in your face, I feel it harder than anyone in the world could do, just like a...
(A man comes out of the toilet cubicle)
Man: Yo, that shit SUCKS! Damn! (leaves)
OG Loc: Damn—my shit was wack!
- For some dark humor, how about when CJ needs a silenced pistol?CJ: (looking at the silenced pistol Cesar pulled out of nowhere) Where'd you get that?
Cesar: Same place I buy my pants, holmes. This is America!
- Anything Toreno says. Made twenty times funnier by the fact that it's James Woods doing the voice.
- Don't bother taking the flight school mission by completing side missions, and, after some increasingly urgent calls from Toreno, you get this:Toreno: But that's fine, because, you know what, your brother is getting a new cellmate tonight. Horsecock Harry. And I'm sending them a present, little wedding present. Biiiiig tube of lube.
CJ: Shit, dude, okay, okay, I swear man I'm gonna be the best pilot!
Toreno: I'd love to hear you, Carl, I can't hear you. All I can hear are the sound of your brother's love cries as eight kilometers of cock finds its way up his ass! "Aooooowww!" That's your brother, okay?
- Another good Toreno quote:Toreno: The Russians have bigger things to worry about than your genitals, Carl.
- And yet another in the intro for N.O.E, when Toreno suddenly grabs Carl from behind:Toreno: GOT YOU AGAIN CARL! You're half asleep, I could have killed you in NINE different ways! Wake up and smell the coffee.
Carl: You need to lay OFF the coffee!
- Don't bother taking the flight school mission by completing side missions, and, after some increasingly urgent calls from Toreno, you get this:
- Many scenes with Ryder. For example, when you go with him to do a little burglary:Ryder: Let's storm the place!
CJ: Hold up! Let's creep in, grab the guns, and bounce out.
Ryder: Gyeah, gyeah, I got it, Ninja Style! Right! COME OUT, YOU OLD BASTARD!
CJ: Shut up!
Ryder: You can't stop me! You busta, Carl!
- How about when CJ and the Truth are driving to San Fierro in the Mothership?Truth: Go faster? The engine block's held together with a macrame hammock, and it's running on fifteen year old cooking oil!
- Also:Truth: Hey, you want a hit on this? A little Temple Charas in a cocktail with some Nepalese munga munga!
CJ: Put that thing out, man! I can't see.
Truth: Hey.... mellow out, brother, it's good shit.
CJ: Put it out, motherfucker, I'm warning you!
Truth: Woah! Chill the fuck out! Firstly, you are a real buzz killer, amigo.... and secondly, I never made love to my mother. She wouldn't.
- Toreno messing with CJ during the 'Vertical Bird' mission:Toreno: You see? Child's play!
CJ: Fuck you, Toreno! I never want to go through this again! I think I'm gonna hurl...
Toreno: Ooh, what a big whiner, you want some cheese with that wine? Hey, you were spectacular. You know what, I'm beginning to think my little Carl is a double agent. Oooh.
CJ: Shut up, Toreno. Where do you want this thing?
Toreno: What thing? I don't know what you're talking about - you stole it. Got nothing to do with me, I don't know what you're talking about. See ya 'round.
CJ: Toreno? Toreno! Shit!
- Earlier in Vertical Bird.Toreno: Sneak in the back without being seen. Once you're on the inside, I cannot help you.
CJ: Well, can you help me now?
Toreno: Oh, well, no. Actually, no.
- Yep, CJ gave Toreno pause.
- Toreno's mocking tone as he parodies the enemy pilot's warning to CJ, "Prepare to be vaporized."
- Oh yeah, and pretty much entirety of the mission where you have to find those two British guys in the desert.Truth: We faced the inner light and communed with the lizard king.
CJ: Sounds fun. How did it go?
Truth: That's the problem, I don't know. I'm in Los Santos. I woke up in a Japanese bathhouse about an hour ago. I have no idea how I got here or where the others are.CJ: Man, what the hell was y'all doing last night?
Maccer: Anybody got a rag?
CJ: ...Ehh, so where am I taking y'all?Maccer: BUT I'M A FOOKING RAZBR'Y!!!
Kent Paul: YOU'RE NOT A FUCKING RASPBERRY!(CJ and co. driving away from angry snake farm residents)
Maccer: Hey, what about the band?
Kent Paul: We'll just have to pray they've made it to civilization. Keyboardists and drummers are ten-a-penny anyway.
- In the cargo ship, the elderly Asian man responsible for setting up the refugees throws you a katana and yells that you two should duel with honor...or you can just shoot him, a la Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Any time CJ and Woozie are interacting is bound to be hilarious.CJ [shortly after discovering that Woozie is blind]: Uh... Woozie... You do know I'm black, right? And not Chinese?Woozie: I'm blind, Carl, not stupid.
- Another particularly good moment comes during a pre-mission cutscene for one of Woozie's missions in Las Venturas, where Woozie and CJ are playing blackjack (paraphrased from memory):Woozie: Hit me.
CJ: Are you sure, man?
Woozie: Yeah. I'm going for a five card hand. Come on.
CJ: Okay. *CJ puts another card down* Here. I'm gonna stick, what you got?
Woozie: ...How would I know? You tell me!
CJ: Not good, man. You got, uh... forty-seven.
Woozie: Damn! You're bad luck for me, you know. When I play the other guys, I always win!
- Another particularly good moment comes during a pre-mission cutscene for one of Woozie's missions in Las Venturas, where Woozie and CJ are playing blackjack (paraphrased from memory):
- Before "You've Had Your Chips", one of the Mountain Cloud boys comes in with a pair of casino chips and offers them to Woozie.Woozie: One's a fake.
CJ: ... That's amazing, you ain't even touched 'em.
Woozie: I took a guess. Why else would he come in here with two chips, sounding so upset? You take a look, Carl.
CJ: Oh, yeah. The dragon on this one's got on sunglasses and a white stick... (remember, Woozie's blind...)
Woozie: (slams table) Insolent BASTARDS!
- Even funnier, Woozie and CJ were playing Catch 21, and Every time, Woozie kept asking for another card for a 5 card hand. He get's a 47, but look closely and you see CJ hasn't even bothered to pick up any cards but his one, as if he knew he's winning against a blind man no matter what.
- At the rendezvous point after the heist.CJ: Where's Woozie?
Henchman: He insisted on driving himself. Could be anywhere.
- Remember that Woozie is blind.
- The second half of the final scene in the Johnson house.Rosenberg enters with Madd Dogg, Maccer and Kent Paul. Sweet, CJ, and Cesar pull their pistols.
Rosenberg: Whoa, whoa. I come in peace with Mr. Dogg here who has an announcement.
Madd Dogg: My - I mean, OUR first gold record!
Everyone starts cheering.
Maccer: And I've decided to get breast implants.
Paul: Shut up, will ya?
He leads Maccer off into the kitchen.
CJ: Anyway, what's next?
Kendl: We should hit the casinos, roll some dice with Woozie.
Sweet: Nah, we gotta take care of shit here first.
Madd Dogg: We goin' on tour, fan!
Rosenberg: Has anyone got a tissue? My nose is...it just won't stop running - anybody?
Maccer: Yeah, I 'ave. Over 'ere.
Rosenberg: Uh...I'll pass.
- When Lazlow interviews OG Loc on Entertaining America:OG Loc : I've been gangbanging since I was three. Ice cold killaaaa!
Lazlow: Excuse me? Gangbanging? I never really understood that, I mean, other guys in the room while you- ergh!
- Kent Paul tries to get Maccer to stop his self-gratification for a few minutes, but it doesn't work:Paul: No, Maccer, fight the urge!! Think of...Thatcher! *It works up until the end of the cutscene where Paul sees...*
Maccer: [Later] Thatcher! Thatcher! Thatcher! Thatcher! I LOVE YA, MAGGIE!
Paul: Agh, Maccer! You ain't right in the head, mate...
Paul: Oh, you manky mongrel!
- In another instance, Maccer pleasures himself while Madd Dogg is recording one of his songs, much to Paul's annoyance.
Maccer: Ooh, sorry geez...
Paul: You shouldn't be choking the gecko in the first place! Remember what happened at that gig in Hamburg?!
Maccer: That groupie loved it.
Paul: That wasn't a groupie, that was a roadie!
Maccer: But she had great tits.
Paul: Man tits! They were man tits!
- Anything and everything on WCTR. You'd be lying if you didn't listen to it just to laugh.
- This conversation between CJ and Zero:Zero: Berkley is back!!
CJ: Ooooh, Berkley...
CJ: Who the fuck is Berkley?
Zero: Just a man I once beat in fair competition. A man literally obsessed with revenge.
CJ: Oh! You put hands on him?
Zero: NO! Please... I never initiate violence.
CJ: Oh, I know - you knocked his bitch!
Zero: No... I won the prize in a science fair. First prize that is!
CJ: And now he wanna pop you? ...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And they say gangbangers is petty and small minded!
- Lonely Hearts on WCTR. Exhibit A:Caller: I wish my dog could talk and cuddle me all night...
Fernando: YOU! Stay away from animals! It's not legal, not even for me!
- The fact that Woozie is the best shot, next to the player (even then depending on the player), in the game, in spite of his blindness!
- The scene where CJ tells Woozie he's afraid of swimming:CJ: When I was a kid, swimming out to Santa Maria, I once got a condom stuck to my face.
[Woozie cracks up.]
CJ: Horror like that stays with you for life, believe that.
- Another CJ/Woozie scene where Woozie manages to beat CJ in a driving video game.
- The chats between CJ and Catalina are mostly just hilarious, especially while driving during missions. Bonus points if playing unfitting radio music. (e.g playing country music while Catalina insults CJ for going soft.)
- During the first part of "Breaking the bank at Caligula's", after you get the triads in, Woozie says "Ok team, I've gone over the layout of this place so I know it back to front. Everybody follow me!" Cue him walking straight into a wall, and claiming that the casino owners have changed the layout.
- CJ goes to visit Smoke and after getting to the door Tenpenny walks out. After a beat he leans in and yells "BOO!". CJ's deadpan "Asshole" just caps the moment off.
- Arguably funnier in the Let's Play, where the moment where Tenpenny walks out of Smoke's house, and the moment where he goes "BOO!", is interrupted by a session break! That's got to be the king of all Delayed Reactions.
- In the opening cutscene for the mission "Body Harvest", CJ enters the hotel room the Truth told him to go to, where he finds Tenpenny. Stoned off his ass due to smoking a bong. It goes without saying that Stoned!Samuel L. Jackson is pretty hilarious.Tenpenny: Truth here is gonna supply you with the finest...*hits bong*...weed.
I got a real do-gooder fuckin' with me, and I want you to take this little green poison... *hits bong again* and drop it on him! (giggles like a schoolboy)
CJ: (stifled laughter) "Hey what's happening? Oh, is this "undercover training"? Oh no, you must be off duty."
- In the cutscene for Dam and Blast, CJ is kicking extra bystanders out of the room where he is planning his big heist, the only one left is a janitor.CJ: Hey, what are you still doing here?
Janitor: I live here.
CJ: Oh, ok, you can stay. He actually does stay, all the way through the big heist at Caligula's
- In the mission Stowaway, CJ is required to jump out of a plane with a parachute at the end. It's actually possible to jump out without a parachute. If the player does this, they're treated to an extra cutscene that depicts CJ going splat on a car roof. What did you think was going to happen?!
- In "Up, Up And Away!", the heist crew needs to steal an armored car, and Zero suggests using a helicopter with an electromagnet attached to grab one off the ground and airlift it elsewhere. CJ is the only one there who knows how to fly a real chopper, so he reluctantly agrees to do so. Zero references his missions at the end of the conversation, including the last one where you used a toy RC helicopter to pick up and drop all sorts of things:Zero: [enthusiastic] It'll be just like fighting Berkley, but only bigger!
CJ: Yeah. Thanks for that.
- Before Zero's final battle against Berkley (using RC toys to fight on a large model landscape, with the loser having to leave San Fierro forever), he gives a somber speech to CJ as though defeat will mean his death. Remember that these missions are unlocked by purchasing the deed to Zero's shop.Zero: Here are some letters. I've left everything to you in case I don't make it. Please.
CJ: [After glancing at the letters] I already own it!
- CJ & the others at the garage have gone into business stealing and selling cars, specific cars requested by their customers. Cesar spots one of the cars on the list and follows it, waiting for the woman driving it to stop so he can take it. He can't do anything to damage the car since the customer won't pay for a damaged car, so he has to wait for the woman to stop. But she never stops. Cesar is furious with her for never stopping.Cesar: Too bad we can't involve the police...'cause then we could pop her crazy bitch tires and bang her crazy bitch ass in jail for being a danger to my sanity!
- From Running Dog:
- From Big Smoke's introductory cutscene:
- From one of Sweet's early missions, "Cleaning the Hood", in the cutscene when Ryder and CJ enter the Balla crack den.Ryder: Good afternoon, Balla dope pushers! Grove Street OG's come to do damage! (Hits the doped-out crack dealer with a bat. Some more Ballas confront him.)
Balla: Fuck them Grove Street fools!
(The cutscene ends, and CJ and Ryder attack the rest of the Ballas.)
Balla: Grove Street's goin' down!
Ryder: (To CJ) Ninja these motherfuckers!
- Here's the mission Reuniting The Families, but with the roles between Grove Street and the police completely switched and it all goes downhill from there. Highlights include:
- The intense shootout being interrupted by the SWAT officer kissing CJ's sister.
- Ryder trying to stop the police car on a bike ninja style, only to get shot off. The same later happens for Big Smoke.
- CJ getting chopped up to pieces by the helicopter.
- DOZEN DONUTS FOR A HEADSHOT!
- Do cheats count? One cheat for the San Andreas has cars float away straight up when hit. Or at an angle if hit as such. Playing handball with a station wagon on the streets of San Fierro and then waving bye-bye as the screaming passengers ascend towards the moon? Utterly magnificent. And here Hillary Clinton was complaining about a hacked sex mod when an easily entered code sends cars full of people asphyxiating miles above the earth.
- Another cheat assigns aircraft characteristics to cars, allowing the player to fly any land-based vehicle like an aircraft. This affect even extends to the tank, making for one of the funnest joyrides in any video game ever.
- Speaking of tanks, they can be rather amusing themselves. They try to steamroll you flat, or bump your vehicle lethally, or end up clipping into something that ends up having them bounce or launch into the air, sometimes even spinning rapidly. And with the flying cars cheat, you may end up bailing out of the car, and having your car just bounce off the top of the tank. It'll hardly notice it was you. Even better, with some certain cheat codes activated, you can have the tank fly around spinning yourself.
- This game adds a random peds event where police has car chases with random criminals. It's funny as it is so random. On rare occasion, peds will approach the cop then shoots him at point blank for no reason.
- Pedestrians may randomly screams in terror despite no dangers possessed around.
- Carjacking incidents often happens anywhere, including your ride which CJ makes hilarious comments whilst being jacked.
- Try using a spray can or a fire extinguisher inside a fast food restaurant, they'll act like as if you shot a gun. Appearantely, fast-food cashiers are really scared of a paint spray can and a fire extinguisher, despite the Burger Shot & Well Stacked Pizza cashiers being okay with having fire extinguishers in the kitchen.
- Most of CJ's dialogue outside of cutscenes are freaking gold:"You a professional moron, or just a gifted amateur?"
"It's my constitutional right, fool!"
"Come on, do I look like a gangster? I'm a businessman!"
"What kind of license you got? Fishing license?"
- Anything CJ says when a car crashes into his, or vice versa."Did you buy/steal your license?!"
"What in fuck's name are you doin'?!"
"Are you allowed to drive if you're blind?!"
"You complete fuckin' moron!"
"You wrecked my shit!"
- Anything CJ says when a car crashes into his, or vice versa.
- A subset of the above dialogue is the snippets of songs he sings during his Idle Animation:
- "WARM IT UP KANE, WARM IT UP CJ!"
- "Never gonna get it never gonna get it... biatch."
- "Young heaaarts, be freeee, toni- wait, what?"
- Getting CJ really fat makes him say things like this:
- "You wanna look like swiss cheese?"
- "Yeah, fat fool's packin', bitch!"
- "Lunch money!"
- Wait for a traffic jam on the highway (or just make one), then blow up a car toward the middle. All the cars around it will explode... and all the ones near those... and all the ones near those... And so on.
- As in Grand Theft Auto III, the cops chasing you in the helicopter have some pretty funny lines.
Co-Pilot: Why do I always do the shooting?
Pilot: Because I'm a pacifist! Kill him!
Pilot: Man, stop photographing those women and shoot the bastard!
Co-Pilot: Hey, shut up!
Pilot: You! Stop!
Co-Pilot: Just shoot him, you pussy!
Co-Pilot: Hey, I can see my house from here!
Pilot: Hey, will you shut the hell up! You, stop!
Pilot: SHOOT THAT ASSHOLE!
Co-Pilot: I'm trying, I'm trying!
Pilot: [after the chase has gone on for a while] This is aerial support—
Co-Pilot: I think he knows that by now.
Co-Pilot: I'm going to kill this guy!
Pilot: Make sure it's the right guy this time!
Co-Pilot: I see her! She's beautiful!
Pilot: HE'S over there! He's a GUY!
Co-Pilot: You can start praying now, suspect!
Pilot: [sarcastically] Oh, you sound really butch.
- The low flying two-people planes sometimes glitch and crash. This was kept in on purpose by the programmers because it was awesome.
- One possible response when you take someone's car:Carjacking victim: You can take it! I need the insurance money.
- If you get the cops chasing you in San Fierro and flee on foot, sometimes a cop will cheerfully shout "I love your non-polluting escape tactic!" while shooting at you.
- Stunt planes may often fly through the sky sometimes...except if you're on Mount Chiliad, which it ends up crashing into and exploding. It can be pretty entertaining to watch...as long as it isn't a hazard.
- CJ's banter during a high wanted level can be rather amusing:"Ay, go chase some other fool!"
"Don't make me turn around, fool!"
(while driving) "I can't believe this shit!"
"Ain't ya got nothing better to do?!"
- From the radio advert for Redwood Cigarettes:Woman: Redwood Cigarettes - proud sponsor of the LS City Marathon.
- While the User Track Player is a great feature on its own on the PC version, you can also add seemingly anything to it. For example, you could put in some of the game's own Memetic Mutation note and have that playing in your car radio without a problem.
- Whenever CJ gets busted, he has a variety of unique quotes depending on whether he's gangsta (default), rich, fat, or at 4-6 stars."You get job satisfaction, huh, one-time?!"
"You just a punk, po-po!"
"You gotta understand, I don't give a fuck!"
"I'm being arrested by a bitch?! I can't believe that!"
"Let me go, bitch!"
"You better lock me up, cause otherwise, you're dead!"
"Tell it to yo' wife or husband or whoever you got!"
"I can't run no more, po-po." (when fat)
"I'm tired of running. And I'm tired of yo' shit!" (when fat)
"I'll ruin your career for this!" (when rich)
"I swear I didn't do shit." (when rich)
"C'mon, sir! I'm an honest man!" (when rich)
"I got money, officer. Take it! Make your wife happy!" (when rich)
"Shut the fuck up, bitch!" (4-6 stars)
"You suck, asshole!" (4-6 stars)
"I'll find you, fool!" (4-6 stars)
- CJ has unique quotes whenever he falls from a great height without a parachute."Aw, motherfucker!"
"I hate gravity!"
"I don't need this shit!"
"Aw, hell no!"
"What the fuck?!"
"Oh, fuck! Shit!"
- If you stole a car near train or tram, it's entirely possible that the former car owner being pulled out of their car, fall to the railway, and then get crushed by train/tram.
- If you shot someone when they're still in their car, there's a chance that their corpse remain seated in the car. Since the way CJ stole a car is more violent that Claude and Tommy ever did as he punched the passenger/driver first before pulling them out of the car, it becomes really darkly funny when you steal a car whose driver/passenger you killed first and then CJ punched the corpse and pulled them out of the car, as if being dead wasn't bad enough already. It's even much funnier when you did the kill by crushing their heads with Desert Eagle, assault rifle, or sniper rifle; which makes CJ punched a headless corpse before pulling them out of the car.
- While obviously keeping all the CMOF's from the Game section, the narrative adds in a few of its own. For starters, there's the whole "Well... shit" Running Gag.
- Subverted one time when he first sees Michelle."Well.... tits. She was standing talking with a sista who wasn't nothing special to look at, but even if she had been I wouldn't have noticed her, because... goddamn." It goes uphill from there.
- Subverted one time when he first sees Michelle.
- Shortly after CJ arrives in the countryside, he grabs a motorbike and tries to turn the radio to Radio Los Santos. He then finds out that all of the stations are static-y messes... except for one: K-Rose, the Country Music station. His reaction is priceless.
- Instead of making CJ The Casanova when it came to his long line of girlfriends, it turns each relationship into a Humiliation Conga, having CJ running from one crazy, ridiculously-quirky girl to another. To summarize the long list:
- Denise Robinson doesn't have a problem with CJ: hell, as part of the Grove Street Families, she loves to do drive-bys on Ballas and Los Santos Vagos! However, when CJ is exiled from Los Santos by Tenpenny, he doesn't get back in touch with Denise for months, and forgot about her until he heard the DJ of Radio Los Santos talking about how Denise is phoning in, demanding to know where CJ is. She also bought him the gaudy-as-hell pimp outfit he uses to initially infiltrate the Loco Syndicate with, with him wondering whether she got it for a laugh or because she just wasn't that smart.
- Catalina is... well, Catalina.
- Katie Zhan, the sexy hospital nurse, is turned on by life-threatening situations, and CJ walks out on her after she admits being turned on by a horribly mutilated man dying on the way to a hospital. She later ends up with Colin, the nonaggressive construction foreman, when he's dug out from the concrete-filled trench CJ put him in, because he's in a condition where his heart could stop at any time - and Katie apparently keeps hiding his medication from him.
- Michelle Cannes, the auto mechanic, loves CJ for being a Badass Driver, though she does think he could use more fat on him. And then she busts a gasket after CJ accidentally reveals he's running the garage that's driving hers out of business.
- Helena Wankstein, the Conservative gun-nut who is... slightly obsessed with Democratic "stereotypes", is a serial-killer, who had brutally murdered her former husband for being too "Democratic" for her tastes. CJ steals her car, and explains to her (while driving away at full speed) that he's "Perpetuating a stereotype, you crazy bitch!".
- Barbara Schternvart gives a triple-whammy to CJ after their date: first, she's a cop. Okay, not too bad - as CJ admits, "It's kind of a turn-on".. Then, she reveals she has an ex-boyfriend. Okay, we can still work it out, CJ shouldn't have trouble with an ex - Wait, SHE HAS KIDS?!?! CJ doesn't bother waiting for Barb to get his clothes out of the washer before jumping out the window, and running like hell. This resulting conversation with Woozie sums it up:Woozie: You ran NAKED through the streets of El Quebrados?
CJ: Not naked man. I had my drawers on.
Woozie: Oh, well as long as you didn't look odd.
- And Millie Perkins... well, that was just a "business relationship".
- The Behind The Scenes chapter with the alternate (and non-canon, for the record) method for dealing with Millie is funny. Apparently Carl's biggest Berserk Button is disregarding fire safety.Carl Johnson: FIRE HAZARD! FIRE HAZARD! OPEN FLAMES NEAR A WOOD SURFACE WITHOUT VENTILATION!! FIRE HAZAAAAAAARD!!
Millie Perkins: Please Carl God no I got arrogant I thought I could violate city bylaws please don't shoo- No! NO!
Carl Johnson: Time to put yo' fire out, bitch.
- The Behind The Scenes chapter with the alternate (and non-canon, for the record) method for dealing with Millie is funny. Apparently Carl's biggest Berserk Button is disregarding fire safety.
- And the resultant final monologue ends with...Sorry Millie, you was fine and you was freaky, but violating fire safety regulations? That shit don't fly for this gangsta. That dog won't hunt, bitch. That dog won't hunt.
- At one point, Ryder brings up the idea of getting really rich by betting on horse races to CJ, who promptly shoots him down. Ryder then asks "You know what I could have done with that fucking money?". Cue an image of CJ imagining Ryder dressed as a stereotypical pimp.
- To elaborate, Ryder only came up with the idea because he and CJ were smoking weed, and CJ shot him down because his Zany Scheme relies on putting big money on long odds - noting that they got those long odds and pay out massive amounts because they suck so bad they don't pay out. Then after shooting down that idea, CJ is A-OK with robbing the National Guard. At least that isn't too luck-based.
- The whole "Supply Lines..." scene is hilarious. Turns out even CJ finds this ordeal That One Level in universe.
- In the final showdown with Big Smoke, there's this exchange
- Near the end, Sweet has ordered CJ to go back to Grove colors. He complies with style... or so he thought...
- The brief scene of Helena watching new coverage of the Los Santos riots...and masturbating furiously all throughout.
- As CJ busts through the wall to Big Smoke's crack palace, he muses that in doing that "[...]with any luck I'd be like that mean bitch from that movie with the aliens...fuck, what was that called?"
- Related to the above example of just shooting the swordsman, CJ doesn't do that... but it's still an Anti-Climax anyway, with a hilarious bit of Reality Ensues for how a Single-Stroke Battle plays out in real life." Oh. Well that was kind of a letdown."
" He'd run at me screaming that, "AIEEE" shit they did, and I'd punched him right in the face with the hilt, sending him staggering back, blood gushing from his nose, then slashed the katana across his chest, splitting open his chest, feeling his skin and muscle and bone spreading apart as I hit... and he went down."
- When buying the Wang Cars auto dealership as a front for his stolen car expo side business, Carl has to deal with its owner, Mr Wang...though letting slip that he works for Wu Zi Mu manages to get Wang to capitulate pretty quickly, which leads to this exchange:Wang: You keep name? "Wang Cars?"
Carl: I don't know. I thought maybe...I don't know, Johnson Cars?
Wang, laughing: Joh...Johnson? Better keep old name, people might think your cars have pee-pees!
Carl, on narration: Well...shit.
- The Let's Play often incorporates the "optional side missions" into the overall storyline. Some notably funny examples include...
- A series of side activities in Los Santos are told as a two part Breather Episode of CJ talking about what he was doing the past month to Sweet, which was ostensibly trying to get a "legit" job. Needless to say, Humiliation Conga doesn't begin to describe how badly that pans out. Crosses over with Moment of Awesome at the end, where he gives Rocky a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown (thus gaining his respect), and revealing that the last part of the month was CJ spraying all the Tags in Los Santos, and fighting off all the Gang Bangers and Corrupt Cops trying to stop him - which is where he finally accepts that he's a Grove Street OG at heart, and gets back into the business.
- The Valet side mission is explained with CJ coming back to the Vank Hoff Hotel after Cecil, the head valet there, was an asshole to him during the "555 WE TIP" mission. CJ then proceeds to park pretty much every single car that night, racking up four figures in tips - exactly as Cecil claimed a good valet could do - and leaving the other valets with nothing but lunch money, and then, at the end of the night during tip splitting, he gives it all to the hotel owner, saying he didn't make a buck, effectively screwing everyone else out of their day's pay. He then strikes a deal with Cecil: he will give CJ a cut of his earnings and CJ will not come back and do this all over again every night.
- CJ joining a underground street racing club in San Fierro to network with potential customers... and the first race is on go-karts. It's funny enough with CJ talking about how embarrassing the situation was, but the kicker comes right at the very end when a cop arrests him - keep in mind, this is the ONLY time he's canonically Busted in this Let's Play.SFPD Officer: "FREEZE MOTHERFUCKER!!!"
CJ: "...Oh You Have GOT To Be Kidding Me!"
- After OG Loc seemingly pulls a Karma Houdini by walking out of the building... he gets some well-deserved Laser-Guided Karma by literally stepping into a Paparazzi ambush, which chews him out for all the phony tricks to become a "gangster" superstar, and broadcasts it all over nationwide television - not just demoting him from superstardom back to being a nobody, but eternally marking him as one of the most loathed and scorned entertainment figures of all time. As CJ wryly notes, "Death would've been kinder".
- While helping Zero deal with Berkley's RC plane squadron, Carl uncovers the minigun that Zero somehow had hidden on his own rooftop and, clearly awestruck, slips into a brief Imagine Spot of himself as Bill Duke in Predator firing Jesse Ventura's minigun while roaring. Zero actually has to snap him out of it.
- After managing to steal a $60 million jetpack from Area 69 (itself also a Moment of Awesome,) Carl rendeszvous' with The Truth, with the amazed hippie declaring Carl "one of God's prototypes" and compares him to "Gonzo." Which Carl doesn't recognize (apart from "that guy from The Muppets") until Truth then asks Carl if he's heard of "Duke" who Carl has... sort of. The funny thing is, both of them have wildly different ideas of "Duke."◊ Carl thinks of Bill Duke shooting the minigun again, while Truth... thinks of a crude drawing of Raoul Duke.
- The way CJ manages to keep his and GSF's territories under control during the endgame riots is both this and undoubtedly a Crowning Moment Of Crazy Awesome. He calls in a favour from Woozie and his gang. What favour is it? Airlifting a motherfuckin' TANK into Los Santos. CJ plans to use the tank and a group of Grove Street boys to regain territory and keep Los Santos safe when the police barely can. Its so ballsy, that even Toreno can't help but praise CJ's resourcefulness as he watches CJ's handiwork on TV in the mayor's office. When Sweet sees that said tank is how CJ's gonna keep the riots under control...Sweet: Holy shit. CJ, YOU ARE FUCKING CRAZY!
CJ: YEAH! BUT WHO THE FUCK IS GONNA DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW?
Other Let's Plays
- This Let's Play uses mods that make the characters look like characters from the Neptunia series. Maccer's line in the ending about getting breast implants becomes even more hilarious since he's played by Blanc.
- Not all of the characters are from Neptunia. Cesar is played by Kirito, Jizzy is played by Happy the Cat, Catalina is played by Ryuko Matoi, Claude Speed is played by Trevor Phillips, OG Loc is played by Pedo Bear, Jethro is played by Niko Bellic, Tenpenny is played by Nick Fury (rather fitting, as both were played by Samuel L. Jackson), Rosie is played by Sandman (again fitting, due to William Fichtner voicing both of them), and Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Russian Mob. All of the Russian Mob.
- This Twitch stream, reuploaded to Youtube. In short: a GTA speedrunner decides to stream a speedrun for the whole San Andreas on Twitch. The catch? Every time a viewer writes a cheat code on the chat, that cheat is activated on the game. Hilarity Ensues. Some viewers help him (making cars blow up on contact when he's chasing a Ballas car, so that they're killed the instant he scratches the enemy car), some viewers troll him (creating fog when he's piloting a plane, during a mission he's forced to fly low) some viewers... just wanted a laugh (making his car fly just after Ryder says to CJ "Hey, show me how they drive on the East Coast, homie"). The highlight is probably the "You people blew it" moment.