- Sam and Oda Mae's first encounter.Oda Mae: (Locking herself in a closet) I swear no more cheating. I promise. I'll do anything I'll do penance give me penance but make that guy go away.Sam: (appearing beside her) No way.Oda Mae: AAAAAAAAHHHH— (runs toward the door and breaks it down, falling on it)Everyone in the room: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!(customer runs like hell out of the room)
- Sam singing "Henry the Eighth". No matter how hard Oda Mae press the pillows into her ears, she can't seem to drown his voice. It's more funny when you realize that Sam can sing as loudly as he wants, and no one but Oda Mae can hear him.
- There is a Call-Back to this scene later in the movie, which is almost as funny. Oda Mae, after ringing Molly's apartment and thinking that no one is home, tries to leave only for Sam to quickly (and loudly) start singing "Ninety Nine Bottles of Beer on the Wall". She quickly turns back around, agreeing to stay as long as Sam stops singing.
- "Molly! I'm gonna count to three and I'm outta here! Onetwothree!" (scoffs and rolls her eyes)Oda Mae: (to Molly) HEY, DO YOU HEAR ME TALKING TO YOU??
Workman in loft: I hear you!
Oda Mae: Aw, shut up. Nobody's talking to you!
Workman in loft: Didn't you ever hear of a phone?
Oda Mae: Wanna kiss my butt?! (to Molly) I'm not gonna stay down here all day.
Workman in loft: Thank God!
Oda Mae: Aw man, shut up!
- The part where Sam and Oda Mae give the four million dollars they stole from Carl to a church, with one of the nuns nearly having a heart attack when she sees the check.
Sam: Give her the check!Oda Mae: (through clenched teeth) I WILL!!!!!! (turns clenching into smile)
- Oda Mae reluctantly and briefly refusing to give up the check, holding onto it with a death grip and arguing with Sam in front of the perplexed nuns.
"Rita Miller": Will you quit poking me?!
- The entire scene with "Rita Miller", in which Oda Mae's Motor Mouth pulls off the con while also annoying Sam at every turn.
Sam: Well don't overdo it!
- FOUR MILLION DOLLARS?!?!
- Sam trying to communicate with Molly via Oda Mae:Sam: I need you to tell Molly what I'm saying, but you have to tell her word for word, all right? Word for word!Oda Mae: Yes. (to Molly) He wants me to tell you what he's saying, word for word.(beat)Sam: Molly, you're in danger.Oda Mae: Now, you can't just blurt it out like that! And quit moving around, will you? 'Cause your starting to make me dizzy! I'll just tell her in my own way! (to Molly) Molly...you in danger, girl.
- Carl and Sam pranking a crowded elevator by making everyone think Carl has a contagious illness and rash.Sam: On the genitals again?
- Oda Mae arguing with Sam in front of Molly, who looks like she's seeing someone going nuts."What am I doing downtown? I hate downtown! Where are you? Oh."
- Compare Oda Mae's theatrics when she's faking psychic powers to her complete exasperated boredom once she's turned out to be a Not-So-Phony Psychic:Oda Mae: (deadpan) Orlando, Orlando, is there an Orlando here?
- The ghost Orlando taking over Oda Mae's body to communicate with his wife.Oda Mae (Possessed by Orlando): Ortisha?
Ortisha: Orlando! Is that you?
Oda Mae (Possessed by Orlando): Ortisha, where you at? I can hardly see ya.
Ortisha's Male Friend: Here! She's here!
Ortisha: In front of you! I'm right here!
(Oda Mae/Orlando looks at Ortisha with wide eyes)
Oda Mae (Possessed by Orlando): DAMN, baby, wha'd you do to your hair?!
Ortisha: Orlando, you like it? It's autumn sunrise.
Funny / Ghost (1990)