- Early scenes with Zarkov and his assistant, Munson, who thinks the guy's crazy and tries to escape.
- The Football fight scene where our hero takes on Ming's guards by playing quarterback. The whole sequence is a winner from Dale playing cheerleader to BRIAN BLESSED whacking random guards on the head with his staff while their backs are turned to Ming's priceless remark about Klytus' troops:Ming: Klytus! Are your men on the right pills? Maybe you should execute their trainer!
- Dale's escape from Ming's chambers. The bit with the shoes, the unnecessary cartwheel — pure She-Fu.
- Barin and Zarkov are blindfolded and chained up in a dungeon.
- Made even funnier by "LONG LIVE FLASH!" being randomly burned into the wall behind them.
- "Give me the REMOTE CONTROL!!!!!"
- At Ming's wedding, ships fly two banners in the background. The first says "All creatures shall make merry". The second says "Under pain of death".
- Then you have the wedding vows:Priest: Do you, Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe, take this Earthling Dale Arden, to be your Empress of the Hour?
Ming: Of the hour, yes.
Priest: Do you promise to use her as you will?
Priest: Not to blast her into space? [this earns him a Death Glare from Ming] Uh, until such time as you grow weary of her.
Ming: I do.
Dale: I do not!
- When Flash is about to perform a Dynamic Entry into Ming's throne room with a burning spaceship, we're treated to the sight of various folks running in terror, and Dale giving a Call-Back to the football scene by shouting "Go Flash!" while fleeing for cover herself.
- Long live Flash! You've saved your Earth. Have a nice day.
- Nearly every word uttered by Vultan (BRIAN BLESSED).
- If you're familiar with BLESSED's legendary hamminess, his delivery of "Gordon's alive!" is one of his funniest moments in the film, because it's unexpectedly low-key compared to what you might be used to from Blessed.
Funny / Flash Gordon (1980)