- In the original Famicom version some of the characters end up goofy-looking in their mugshots, due to how they are drawn. Cain's and Abel's respective portraits can be arranged to smugly look at each other.
- After being recruited (and flirted) to the good side, Roger tells Marth how he really loves Caeda, not knowing that he's her boyfriend. Poor Marth's (rather understandable) response to this is pure silence. We learn in Shadow Dragon's ending that his title is "Still Single".
- Maria's recruitment has her secretly swooning over Marth's good looks upon his arrival.
- Shadow Dragon's endings have some funny notes:
- Rickard is stated to have returned home. Shortly after, though, it's mentioned that the area around his home was robbed continually.
- Minerva helped to make Macedon flourish. Everyone in there wanted her to be queen, but the only one who didn't want to be queen... was herself. This could be ironic or a "Funny Aneurysm" Moment, though, because come Mystery of the Emblem, Minerva is still unwilling to be a queen but takes the position anyway because there's no one else more qualified, and this causes her to be overthrown by Ruckert.
- Shadow Dragon's prologue has a couple.
- When Cain finally joins the party, he is badly wounded, and Marth tries to encourage him to seek treatment. Jagen cuts Marth off:Jagen: No, sire, not until we've escaped. Cain, I trust you can put off bleeding to death for just a while longer?
Cain: Of course, sir...I aim to please...
- The entire scene around Gordin's recruitment: He's been captured, gagged, and dressed as a Gra soldier in order to provoke Marth into accidentally killing one of his own countrymen. The ruffian holding him captive addresses him only as "Gaggles," and this happens:Ruffian: Ooh, but sad for you, you look awful dangerous in the uniform...MISTER GRA SOLDIER! Ha! Soon as the prince sees you, 'e'll say, "Yow! It's an enemy ambush!" and that'll be the end of you.
Marth, upon encountering Gordin: Yow! It's an enemy ambush!
- Also, the fact that his title in the end credits is "The Ungagged".
- When Cain finally joins the party, he is badly wounded, and Marth tries to encourage him to seek treatment. Jagen cuts Marth off:
- This dialogue with Jiol and a Gra soldier:Gra Solider: King Jiol, theyre ere! The League is outside the Bastion!
Jiol: League? How dare you call them that! I see naught but a prince of ghosts and his pack of rebels.
Gra Solider: B-beggin your pardon, sire, but everybody calls em the League now. Altea and Aurelis and Archanea... The League of As, you might say!
Jiol: Shut up, you idiot!
- The ending at Shadow Dragon, crossing over with Heartwarming: Marth's attempt to confess with Caeda. As Nyna puts it in, Marth defeats the Shadow Dragon with ease, but has more troubles in expressing love... and he was a total klutz about it.""As you said, we have not spoken much since Talys. With you, I felt I never had to say a word. If the battle started to take its toll, you were always there...close by...I would see you there, so beaut- ahem, so brave... and I would, um,....derive! Yes, derive great strength! Derive... ....Ugh, why is this so difficult?!"
Funny / Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light