- In Sunleth Waterscape 400 AF, Serah and Noel run into a small group of Miniflan that are unwittingly playing around Cocoon's crystal pillar (melting it little by little in the process). After a short fight, Serah scolds them as if they were naughty children... AND IT WORKS! Noel's comments only increase the hilarity of this situation.Noel: As quick as lightning, she changes from smiling angel to angry ogre... yup, no doubt about it: they're sisters alright.
- Moogle Throw in general, which consists of Serah or Noel pitching Mog like a football at an out-of-reach object.
- The fact that Snow is the one who comes up with the move. And when he does, Mog starts crying to Noel & Serah to stop him. They just happily go along with Snow's idea.The bonds of trust between you and your winged companion have enabled you to perform the Moogle Throw.
- The fact that Snow is the one who comes up with the move. And when he does, Mog starts crying to Noel & Serah to stop him. They just happily go along with Snow's idea.
- At the beginning of the game, Yuj asks Serah about her new clothes. Answer that he can wear them if he wants, and he will tell you HE doesn't want to look better than Serah in her own clothes.
- The best part is how he looks like he's actually considering it for a couple seconds.
- Even funnier if you have costume DLC; you're allowed to change Serah's outfit as soon as you're done confirming your camera settings, so Serah might be wearing her bikini.
- After going through the time gate in Bresha 5AF and coming out the other end, they're in a darkly-lit valley-type area. A researcher-looking fellow asks if he can help them.Noel: I do have some questions. Where are we? And what year is it?Serah: Wait, you can't just- Noel!
- Choosing the Live Trigger option that has Serah gushing over Snow at the beginning of the game to the point where her voice speeds up like a chipmunk on caffeine.
- Running said sequence at double-speed using the "Clock Master" Fragment Skill.
- A small part can happen depending on your choices with the DLC. After your first fight in Bresha Ruins 5AF, you obtain your first monster crystals, unlock the Paradigm Pack, and get the tutorials for the Pack and for Feral Links. However, if you're starting a new game after having finished the storyline once already, and thus don't have to worry about spoilers, you might have cleared Requiem of the Goddess and unlocked Valkyrie Lightning. Thus, the Feral Link tutorial - being a single fight against the most fragile monster in the ruins - fails completely when she proceeds to one-shot the damn thing. This serves as an impromptu Establishing Character Moment for Lightning - namely, the Knight of Etro is a Disc-One Nuke.
- This metal chocobo theme can be if you look at it as fitting for the whole Killer Rabbit theme it has by eating all of your greens one by one, and once all out of greens, it literally knocks you off of its back. This song also plays in Sunleth Waterscape 400 AF sometime during the event mentioned above.
- Some of the Cinematic Action sequences have some amusing results when you fail the action.
- During the Taste of Power in the tutorial in Valhalla, if you fail when Lightning is deflecting Caius' Giga-Graviton, she still manages to send it back at him, but there are no damage indicators. Caius gets to his feet quickly with a growl of "So weak"... immediately before Lightning sends a few Gravitons of her own after him.
- In Bresha Ruins, when the military airships fly in, you get an action to start firing. Fail this... and it turns out the guy flying the ship about to fire the lead shot forgot to recharge his main cannon. As they switch to Plan B, one of the other pilots tells him matter-of-factly that he's not getting a bonus this month.
- This paradox ending: Mischievious Mog's Flan Plan. It involves Serah and Noel turning into cutesy monsters and Mog narrating The Plan to poison the giant flan king.
- When replaying New Bodhum 3 AF, during Gadot and Noel's first meeting, you can pull a timey-wimey through the Live Trigger and say you'll let Snow know when you see him after Gadot warns Noel about him. Cue Gadot shrieking a Big "WHAT?!" and running away like a little girl. His voice cracking definitely helps.
- Regardless of your Live Trigger option, the start of that scene is hilarious. Serah introduces Noel as "helping Lebreau and me out of a tight spot." Noel has a sort of 'yeah' smile on his face until Team NORA's Big Guy steps up into his face all threateningly. "I'm Gadot."Noel: Okay, take it easy big guy. I am not here to cause trouble for anyone.
- Regardless of your Live Trigger option, the start of that scene is hilarious. Serah introduces Noel as "helping Lebreau and me out of a tight spot." Noel has a sort of 'yeah' smile on his face until Team NORA's Big Guy steps up into his face all threateningly. "I'm Gadot."
- Another replay Live Trigger has Serah convincing Rhett (the kid who stole her necklace from Maqui) to talk with Moogle Verbal Tics.Serah: Why don't you talk to Miss Farron, kupo? I'm not scary at all, kupopo!Rhett: Kupo.Noel: (indignant and incredulous) Don't tell me that worked!(the second set of Live Triggers shows up to indicate that, yes, it did work)
- A replay Live Trigger has Serah asking Noel about his favourite food. Noel admits that he's fine with any sort of meat.Noel: But if I had to pick a favourite, it would have to be... adamantoise, if I can get it.Serah: (absolutely dumbfounded) You can eat those things!?
- How do you beat Proto fal'Cie Adam? "Hope, your machines are DRIVING ME NUTS!!!"
Hope: So I activated the Oracle Drive and watched the prophecy. I saw you fighting the Proto fal'Cie. And I saw you screaming out at me [imitates Serah] "your machines are driving me nuts!!"Serah: Well, I was getting pretty ticked off by that point...
- Also, the subsequent exchange, in Academia 4XX AF...
Alyssa: Funny, you lose your temper and the whole future changes...
- ... And Alyssa's little remark on said happening:
- "The chick appears to have found hope in Sazh's afro."
- Whenever Serah or Noel praise any of their human monsters during battle. Serah's "Good boy!" and Noel's "You deserve a treat!" in particular take the cake.
- Continues the trend if you have Snow in your party, who's Serah's fiance. Then there's having either version of Lightning (who would not appreciate such comments, period), or her friend Sazh (who would also be a little indignant and offended, mostly likely).
- During the final Boss Rush, between the two rounds with Caius, Serah and Noel have a conversation with Hope from the backs of two separate airships. Mog has been hanging on to Serah's back for every cutscene in this bout whenever he's not in weapon form... but during this cutscene, he ends up losing his grip and spends a few seconds trying to catch back up.
- The entire battle with Ultros is one big Crowning Moment of Funny, complete with Shout Outs to Final Fantasy VI.
- There's a Live Trigger in Augusta Tower 200 AF where one of the answers you can choose from is 'Yeul is cute'. Choosing that answer will have Noel start talking about Yeul with a dramatic camera angle about her eyes and stuff.
- "COME FORTH, PUPU!" Possibly unintentional, but still hilarious, given how the Arbiter says it.
- The opening cutscene from the Coliseum DLC battle with Snow - Snow's wary about the whole thing, and when Noel asks if he's having second thoughts, Snow's response is an indignant "She's my fiancee!"
Serah: Huh? So while we're out saving the world, you're just gonna hang out and play?Snow: Oops. Busted.Serah: Snow!
- In the ending, Snow comments that until Noel and Serah come and get him, he'll just hang out with Gilgamesh, Ultros, Typhon and the PuPu.
- The intro to the Coliseum DLC - Gilgamesh is making an over-the-top entrance, and then Snow just walks in and shouts "Oh yeah! Snow Villiers is here!" Cue a beat, followed by Gilgamesh getting upset about Snow ruining his entrance.
- The two then proceed to trade puns while Snow frontal-assaults him.
- The entire rest of the intro scene also counts, with most of the other bosses pulling similar gags while Arbiter introduces them with his by now trademark level of ham. One moment that stands out, in particular, has Jihl make her Mooks announce her presence by jazz-handing in her direction.
- Amodar proceeds to take umbrage at having a fellow Cocoonite soldier referred to as a "Puppet of the fal'Cie". Pan over to the Bodhum Security Regiment's lieutenant brandishing a massive chaingun and laughing like he's having the time of his life. See also Lightning's quiet smile as she salutes her commanding officer.
- In the paradox ending The Future is Hope, Snow shows up out of nowhere with the Academia police and prevents Part 5 - a very anguish-filled chapter - from ever starting, ditches Noel, grabs Serah and takes off into the Historia Crux on Shiva, his flying motorbike. It's as audacious as it sounds.
- Noel's bickering with Snow in the Sunleth Waterscape, particularly if you feel Noel is essentially a mouthpiece for some of the things you personally have thought about Snow.
- Snow continuing the Running Gag from the first game by painfully smacking his head against a barrier because he charges at something without thinking. This time it's a time gate that denies him access. To extend the joke even further, there are two possibilities for this cutscene depending on which gate you go into first. In one, Noel warns him that the gates only let certain people through, but Snow proceeds to try anyways. In the other, Noel turns to Serah and explains how the gates only let certain people through... while Snow, behind him, walks up to the gate and bounces off.
- In Bresha Ruins 100 AF, as Noel, running by a bounty hunter in the tunnels will have him quip a hilarious remark, one that can be said true for most — if not all — male Final Fantasy protagonists."You're much too pretty to be a man!"
- In Oerba 300 AF, Mog mentions that he's been searching for something that "made [him] feel warm and fuzzy" for a long time now.Noel: Gotta be food or treasure.Mog: You're a meanie, kupo!
- Gilgamesh is always worth a good laugh whenever he makes the scene."I was starting to worry that you'd never download this part of the game, and I'd be stuck in digital limbo!"(Serah and Noel exchange "what the hell is he talking about" looks)
- In Academia 4XX there is an NPC worried about his wife's odd behavior, as she's been going to Academia every chance she gets. When you finally find her you know why: she has a crush on Hope and openly admits wanting to travel to the future with him, even if it means leaving her husband behind.
- From the Fragment with the information travel guide information regarding A Dying World: "Frankly, we're not sure if anyone would actually want to visit the place. But 'We'll take you to the ends of the earth!' is our motto, so we've sent our crack intern researcher to check it out. We'll let you know the moment we hear from him again."
Funny / Final Fantasy XIII-2