- Honestly anything Galuf does is either this or a MOA, like when he saves the team from the siren it's a MOA, then becomes a MOF when he wakes the girls up by seemingly slapping them on their asses. Even better? Bartz doesn't get discluded from this.
- When Faris decides to hold Lenna hostage, Bartz has some choice words:"You degenerate, lecherous, piratey... pirate!"
- If you hit up the Beginner's House in the first town and say no when asked if you're a beginner by the receptionist, she'll literally kick you out.
- Also, the scene where Bartz and Galuf discover Faris's secret.
- "There's a fish in my trousers!"
- An NPC laments that the meteor in Tycoon didn't land on his mother-in-law. Another suggests that meteors "must be in season."
- There's also the Minotaur battle. When its HP reaches 0, it threatens to cast the almighty Holy. Except, well, it has no MP to use it.
- "Bartz, Bartz, Bartz... so enthusiastic and yet so stupid."
- When you fight Azulmagia the Blue Mage, you will notice that there are a few Blue Magic spells that he does not know. If you use one of these spells against him, he'll learn it and immediately use it against you. This even includes Self-Destruct.
- Description for a whip: "Best used when a problem comes along."
- Description for the Dancer class: "Fighters whose smooth moves confuse enemies, leaving blood on the dance floor."
- When your party falls down into the ruins in the First World and Galuf gets trapped in a little side area. Figuring they'll catch up with him later, the party starts to leave, and Galuf panics.
- And when he regains his memories, he jumps, causing the question mark bubble over his head to hop off and bounce across the floor.
- Practically every appearance from Gilgamesh. FF5 already has a much more humour-oriented script than most of the others, nobody else in the whole series can provide such quotes as:"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh... IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
- "It is time for your viscera to see the light of day!"
- (Upon learning his chocobo is a ladies' man) "Slick!"
- "You've mastered the piano!!! Others quake in fear at your superhuman keyboard manipulation skills!"
- After Galuf's ill conceived plan to steal a pirate ship backfires, you get this:Galuf: Whose boneheaded idea was it to steal a pirate ship anyway?
Bartz: Look in the mirror, pops.
Galuf: Ohh, my aching head. I can't remember a thing.
Bartz: And your amnesia oh-so-conveniently returns.
- The party has just defeated a giant lobster-like boss:Cid: "Looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!"
Bartz: "With cheese biscuits AND mashed potatoes!"
- After a whole bunch of dramatic goings-on at Castle Bal involving dying wind drakes, eating poison, and collapsing from psychic headaches, Bartz sums up the party with "Geez-oh-pete, every one of you guys is always going overboard!"
- The fight with Famed Mimic Gogo for the Mime crystal shard. Every time you do something, Gogo will do it right back, and typically stronger too. And if you attack him with strong enough magic, he gets angry and starts casting spells three times in one turn. So what is the best move to beat this powerhouse of a mime? You beat him at his own game. Gogo will only attack if you do, so he will merely stand there waiting for your move, and so will you in return. This continues until Gogo concedes. While this itself is funny in a way, it gets even funnier remembering that you fight Gogo while underwater with a timer counting down your oxygen, meaning that to win this battle, Gogo requires Bartz, Lenna, Faris, and Krile be willing to play chicken and nearly drown themselves to obtain the job crystal.
- Krile's Berserker outfit. Bartz's, Galuf's, and Faris's Berserker outfits actually look like they're wearing wolf/cat (for Faris) fur, while Lenna's is basically a swimsuit with a tiger pattern. Krile's outfit? A "disguise pajama" (according to the FFWiki).
- Also, because Krile's sprite is shorter than everyone else, when she's hit with the Dark status she "wears" the sunglasses on her forehead.
- Returning to Tycoon Castle after Castle Exdeath gives us this little gem:Guard: Dance, Dance! Get down and boogie!
- Also, a lot of what Ghido says and does counts as well, along with the fact that none of the scholars at the Library of the Ancients are surprised by a talking turtle.Bartz: Legendary weapons?
Ghido: Sometimes I wonder if you say things like this to spite me... Yes, the twelve legendary weapons. They are weapons. They are legendary. There are even twelve of them.
- This exchange, when Bartz examines a certain bookshelf:Bartz: "A..., as..., aha!... Hey, this is about donkeys!"
Lenna: "Er... Bartz, what were you looking for?"
Bartz: "Uh? Nothing, nothing at all!"
- Attempting to learn a spell you've already learned will cause a buzzing sound, the text "Don't you already know that?" to appear and the characters going into their flinching pose as if they're shocked that they've forgotten that they know it already.
- Interracting with an overworld fire prop will cause your character to jump back in shock.
- You can learn from the matron in Tycoon Castle that Faris/Sarisa, who was hyped about her first ride on the wind drake, ended up having cold feet about flying at the last minute. It's an adorably amusing touch to her character.
Funny / Final Fantasy V