- When Starfire, Adam Strange and Animal Man are about to launch their ship, the engine stalls for a second, and they think it doesn't work. Strange's reaction? "I don't get it. This has never happened to me before." Then it shoots into space.
- On a meta level, there's dry humor in having Starfire (being the Ms. Fanservice that she usually is) stranded for weeks with two happily-married men of the DC Universe. She even strolls around nude out of boredom, and neither even seem to notice.
- Adam Strange is at this point in the story technically blind, so he extra-special doesn't notice.
- Captain Marvel getting driven absolutely bonkers by sending too much time on the Rock of Eternity listening to the seven deadly sins.Captain Marvel: STOP SNORING, SLOTH! And you stop bragging, Pride! This whole affair has nothing to do with you!
- Black Adam, and yes, Black Adam of all people, worrying about how he looks on his wedding day.Black Adam: The cape. They couldn't get this bloodstain out.
Captain Marvel: I can't believe it.
Black Adam: What?
Captain Marvel: You're nervous. I've never seen you nervous.
Black Adam: I am not nervous. (To himself) Perhaps I should not wear the cape.
- Renee occasionally tells the Question to "bite me." His response is to tell her he can't, as he has no mouth.
- Black Adam goes through the process of bequeathing some of his power to Amon, which involves having Amon say "Black Adam."The Question: Black Adam! Shazam! Isis!Renee Montoya: What the hell are you doing?The Question: Seeing if it's contagious.
- When Starfire shows up at Animal Man's house to save him from bounty hunters and passes out from exhaustion after doing so, Buddy's wife asks if he ordered a stripper upon seeing her on the front porch.
- In Week 18:
- When listing the merits of the Croatoans, Detective Chimp includes that they figured out the ending of Lost.
- Detective Chimp telling Ralph Dibny about how easy it was to track him down through his alias, Alvin Burgson.
- When explaining how he posed as Supernova, Booster Gold gives this gem:"First off, I had to play dumb. And if you were really yourself, Skeets, you'd be having a field day with that statement."
- A depowered Clark Kent managed to get an interview with Supernova by throwing himself out of a window. Lois is not pleased.Lois: You did what? What ever possessed you to throw yourself out a window to get someone's attention?Clark: The memory of you asking me that with a straight face will last a lifetime.
- In Week 35, during "The Rain of the Supermen", we get some prime Black Comedy as Luthor, having deactivated the powers of the Everymen, making a phone call and, looking up and seeing a depowered superhuman falling down at his position, calmly walking away and continuing his phone call as if nothing happened while the Everyman hits the roof behind him.
Funny / 52