- Any scene with Jocko the Walrus.
- "Hi! I'm Tom!"
- When Lucy beats up Henry's friend, Ula, with a baseball bat:Ula: (running off in the distance) Oh, you crazy bitch!
Lucy: Yeah. KEEP RUNNIIIING!!
The reason this movie is one of the best Romantic Comedies of all time — most of the romantic moments are jokes.
- When Lucy stops to help a "stranded" Henry by the side of the road. Purposeful Meet Cute has never been more ridiculous or sweet.Henry: Appreciate your time. Not everybody would have stopped like you. You're real sweet.
Lucy: Oh, yeah. Thank you.
[Henry pretends to get electrocuted while jump-starting his car]
Henry': Ha! I can't believe you fell for that!
Lucy: (sadly) Well... my grandfather died while trying to jump-start a car...
Henry: Oh... I'm so sorry. I was just joking around.
Lucy: I can't believe you fell for THAT!
Henry: Oh, my God! That was very good!
- Henry and Lucy are explaining Lucy's condition to a couple at a party... and the woman is pregnant.Woman: So every day you help her to realize what happened... and you wait patiently for her to be okay with it... then get her to fall in love with you again?
Henry: Yes, ma'am.
Woman: [hits her boyfriend] You asshole! You don't even open the fricking car door for me anymore!
- When Henry opens up the parting gift that Lucy's dad gave to him.Henry: The Beach Boys? ... (beat) How nice of that man to give me a CD that would remind me of all the wonderful times I shared with his daughter. WHAT AN ASSHOOOLE!
- When Henry discovers Lucy's paintings of him, one of them is simply a guy with an egg for a head.
- The commentary has the director noting they were all very worried the audience would think a bunch of paintings of Adam Sandler were supposed to be the joke on their own, and would miss the real joke.