- When Walter and Catherine first met.Catherine: Do you have a boat?Walter: No. I walked.
- While Walter is trying to teach Catherine how to catch a fish barehanded. When a fish swims toward them, we get this:Walter: (in a hushed voice) Hey, here she comes again.Catherine: How do you know it's a "she"?Walter: Her mouth is open, now be quiet.
- After Jenny hands Walter one of his whiskey bottles after he'd almost choked.Walter: (playing dumb) Why, how strange!Jenny: What?Walter: That you should bring me this.Jenny: I've done it before.Walter: No you haven't.Jenny: Yes I have.Walter: Shut up.
- During the wedding.Houghton: There's a bit of paperwork to fill out, Walter. Who's the Maid of Honor?Catherine: Umm, Elizabeth Anderson.Houghton: And the Best Man?Walter: Uh, Harry MacGregor.Houghton: Harry?Walter: Just believe me.
- Before the wedding, Walter radios the base for a chaplain. What's Houghton's response when the radioman relays the message without elaborating?Cdr. Houghton: A Chaplain?! Good heavens, he's killed her!
Cdr. Houghton: Married?! Goody-Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast?!
- Followed up by the radioman's own shock, when he explains Walter and Catherine's intentions to get married.
Funny / Father Goose