- When Joel tries to wake himself up by forcing his eyelids open with his fingers.Joel (sarcastically): "Oh yeah, this is working like gangbusters."
- Then it does.
- When Joel brings Clementine into a memory from his childhood, allowing Carrey to cut loose some of his screwball nature as he acts like a four-year-old.Clementine-as-Mrs. Hamlin: Joel, I think it's working, look! (lifts up her dress) My crotch is still here! Just as you'd remembered it!
Joel-as-Young Joel: Yuck!
- When Stan honks the horn to alert Mary and Dr. Mierzwiak that Mrs. Mierzwiak is coming. She looks heartbroken, then turns and bitch-slaps Stan: "Thank you, Stan."
- When Joel and Clementine MST a black and white movie:Clem: Can't you see? I love you Antoine!
Joel: Hmm, lay one on me. But don't call me Antoine, my name is Wally!
Clem: I know, but how could I ever love a man called Wally?! Ah!
(People appear behind the actress in the movie)
Joel: My God, there's people coming out of your butt!
- One of Joel and Clem's trips on the ice is pretty good and even doubles for heart-warming:Clem: Show me which constellations you know.
Joel: I don't... know any.
Clem: (beat) Show me which ones you know.
Joel: (beat) Okay, okay. Oh, here's Osidius.
Joel: Right there. See? Sort of a swoop and across. Osidius the Emphatic.
Clem: (grinning) You're full of shit. Right?
Joel: (grinning) Nope. Osidius is right there: swoop and across.
Clem: (laughing) Shut the fuck up!
Funny / Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind