Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar!
- Just about everything Gloom said in v1.
Enter the Arena... As Your Avatar! (Version 2: No Supernaturals)
Enter the Arena as Your Avatar (v3)
- Bang Shishigami's and King Dedede's alliance. "Truly, it was destiny that we meet!"
- The Help Me, Professor Kokonoe! gag, featuring the titular Professor and Sagi & Marno, after they were both defeated by Hazama, which starts here. Short, but still unfailingly funny. Near the end of the gag, Caboose, Sonic, Shadow, as well as Terra, Ventus, and Aqua butts in too.
- Randomman 5's and Dark Destruction's sudden segue into a trivia game show, courtesy of one Gruntilda.
- A defeated and dying Yoshikage Kira starts to give a Motive Rant. Sorin Markov fucks it up for him.Kira: When I was a kid... I glanced at my grade school handbook and saw the Mona Lisa's hands. Can you guess what happened?Sorin: Lemme guess - did it involve the usage of your right hand?Kira: No... How do you say this? I had a bo- *killed*
- During the fight against Alex Mercer, Archer is forced to trace Alex's Blade Arm to match his strength. When Handsome Jack flies in, Belial tries his best to sum up the situation, and falls a little short:Belial: Sup. Shoot the dude with a blade arm, ask questions later.Archer: (still fighting Alex) Not me, by the way. The uglier guy!
- At the end of the fight, when Archer deploys Unlimited Blade Works in a bid to finish off Alex, Handsome Jack mistakes it for the next Vault.
- A pissed-off Worker of Secrets has just been Tiro Finale'd by an exhausted, desperate Mami Tomoe, and his trump card has been accidentally broken by her follow-up attack. Just as he's about to deliver a Fate Worse than Death to the helpless magical girl in retaliation... she gets taken away by the Law of the Cycle. Even the Worker of Secrets couldn't have seen this one coming. Oh, and just to add insult to injury, the Worker then blows himself up.
- Miki's death here is somberly-treated and taken seriously (aside from the Real Life Writes the Plot aspect to it), but Fergard Stratoavis's comment calls back to the above:Fergard Stratoavis: Trolldoka strikes once again.
- And then his perverted version of Mami Tomoe meets an anticlimactic end of her own - by losing her head yet again!
- A simple, hilarious one-liner; Inferno Cop, succinctly describing the situation in Mos Eisely after the defeat of the Unknown:"So we have a male ganguro, emo gothic ninja, cowboy goth, elevator attendant and myself squaring off against a black bag with swords. I'm liking this place already!"
- Inceptiond's utter disbelief at Joshua using his Angel Feather to turn himself into a copy of Elizabeth. Words don't do it justice, mostly because he initially thought that Joshua was attempting to possess Elizabeth.
- ">This music hurts to listen to. Your Diligence stat has improved."
- The entire encounter between Piroko and Natsu, starting with the former utterly confusing the latter with In-Universe Medium Awareness and ending with Natsu being soundly defeated by a fire extinguisher and shotgun.Natsu: Ugh, what kind of a battle arena is this?! We're all just standing around talking! I wanna get all heated up!
- Sho Minazuki and his terrible, terrible puns.
- He also keeps calling Fate both Doctor Who and "time lord", much to her own annoyance.
- The Crazy Frog trolls a zombie dragon... and gets what he deserves, having bitten off more than he could chew, unlike his opponent.
- In comes Largo, obviously very drunk, and Hilarity Ensues. Especially when everyone else gets in on the train-wreck, with Janitor!Fractured Mancer, a rainbow-puking gnome, The Soldier, and later Navi and Insane!Sayaka.
- A very, VERY random musical battle between Pastry Person and Devil Psyco.
- The look on Pastry Person's face when this happened, one can only imagine.
- What Jean?, the Ender Dragon, says after her foe casts Genesis: I FEEL LIKE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A BOOK BURNING IN COMMUNIST RUSSIA!!
- Beginning here, King Sombra inflicts a nightmare on the self-insert of Black Mage Anolis. As it turns out, Anolis is a brony, and his nightmare is to have his MLP drawings exposed in public.note The Meta factor of this temporarily breaks King Sombra's brain.
- MUTO shows up, and Hilarity Ensues. From Kirby trying to rock its world and be a star, to a certain well-placed Shout-Out, to Isana's Admiring the Abomination reaction - which leads to her getting unexpectedly gulped by Kirby - it's a lolzy ride until the MUTO leaves and everyone takes a short break. Then it becomes something else entirely.Isana: (in response to MUTO's EMP Shockwave attack) That's not very nice, big guy!
- Recently, the user that goes by the name [[machop]] has been a Cyber Leader. After his 5 army of Cybermen were destroyed by an opponents' machine gun attack, he calls for a army of 5,000. Realizing that he's cheating, he uses an Author's Saving Throw by making ALL 5,000 Cybermen were destroyed by the same attack.
- Starting from here, two users decide that one of the best ideas for a fight is to turn the Arena into some sort of Crapsaccharine World featuring butterflies, flowers, and possibly just about anything that Tastes Like Diabetes.
- Drakath makes Balloon Boy the first Lord Of Chaos, with his Chaos Beast being a balloon animal of Freddy. Really.
Enter The Arena As Your Avatar - The Spinoff (Role Playing)
- A tense fight between Zane and Mu-12 abruptly ends with Mu vanishing and Zane accidentally killing himself with his own attack. Cue two spectators saying the exact same thing. Bonus points since the players were thinking the same thing as well.
- It's cloudy with a chance of organs. Even better is the reactions that ensue.
- Lenny the Salesman gets in a fight with Mu because of pants here.
- Christy discovers her true potential as a warrior when she weaponizes her signature favourite drink, coffee, against a dessert Arena and pulls off a one hit KO on a whipped cream Susanoo by throwing a cup of coffee at it, starting here.
- We find out that Hazama's deepest, darkest fear... is being loved. Starts here.
- After a clash with Madara Uchiha ending with a gigantic wave of flames as a parting gift, Akumba is burnt into a delicious looking ham. Robot Tophat's avatar changes to match.
- Evan accidentally instigating a fight with Alexey. During the whole thing, he plays around with her by summoning weak drones and only a single helicopter later on, while heavily trash-talking like the smug bastard he is. This bites him back in the ass when she actually manages to reach him (partially thanks to Mari's help)... and is one-shotted pretty ingloriously.
- Princess Sugar vs Lil' Sassy, a duel between two aggressive Jerkass females with Toon Physics. As one user put it, "am I actually witnessing a melee fight between a candy princess and a kid with a spiked baseball bat?"
- How the fight between Pepsiman and Waluigi starts. Pepsiman is minding his business when Waluigi throws a can of coke at him. He tries to spread Pepsi goodwill to Waluigi instead, culminating in Waluigi frustratedly trying to incense pepsiman by pouring coke into a can of Pepsi, then getting compressed Pepsi shot into his mouth. It doesn't end after the "fight", since I.M.Meen then appears with a can of Sprite... causing even more hilarity. His trick of sucking people into a book fails after Pepsiman replaces it entirely with a can of Pepsi.
- Some time after the legendary Waaa Bepis above, Waluigi reenters the fray with cans of Coke that taste of Pepsi, as his Enemy Mine with Pepsiman against I.M. Meen apparently turned into full-blown Fire-Forged Friends. He proceeds to... well... cause the premature end of a fight against Morpho Knight, who is on a multi-planet busting level, in the good guys' favor. And he's still infuriated afterwards that he didn't land a direct hit.
- Terlette Asti's first entry into the Arena is quickly followed by the appearance of a terrifyingly powerful and destructively insane water dragon invading from her home reality... which gets one-shot by Zeus.
- Starting here, Oca Tuberosa encounters Yellow Kirby, whom Troa has ordered Oca to kill. The thing is, Troa has a 0% Approval Rating and Oca is already plotting his takeover, so instead of fighting Kirby, he asks the puffball to lie down and play dead. Hilarity Ensues both before that happens and while it's happening.
- Starting here, Oca and Zelerie are caught up in another squabble, when a new Saiyan OC enters the Arena in front of them. She makes gibbering fools of them by turning Super Saiyan Blue... only for Beerus the Destroyer to immediately show up, humble her, and blackmail her into helping the other Saiyans reach her own level.
- Oca showing off some artillery to fellow machinist Cinke takes a turn for the worst when they start to disagree about the technical aspects. Specifically they cannot agree on how long a meter is, or how long the barrel of the lascannon is. The argument doesnt last that long, because it immediately degenerates into a musical battle, with Cinke being extremely fancy and hammy with the relatively unmusical Oca spewing out rap-mariachi. And more hilarity continues to ensue, for while the interaction was relatively short it escalated very quickly. Flows over into awesome when it somehow culminates in Oca overclocking his systems and self destructing to take out Goku Black.
- DevilPsyco lampshades a time-skip with a "One Hour Later" transition card from Spongebob here.
- During a RED chase, Defrevenge, Who was asking questions as a face as a gimmick of the chase, decided to make the final question "What is the Airspeed Velocity of an unladen swallow?" With some meta comedy being related to ReynTheLord noting that earlier questions were monty python related, and, in the discord, stating "If the next question is "What is the velocity of an Unladen swallow" I'm fucking done". Alongside a monty python refrence earlier. In fact, The whole chase was rather funny as it progressed, the chase starts here.
- Geralt of Rivia offering a Game of gwent.
- A meta moment, but ReynTheLord managed to accidentally rickroll HIMSELF while looking for a boss battle theme for a character, assuming that the person playing that character was using the battle theme for their quote text.
- I.M. Meen vs. Rouxls Kaard. Need we say more?
- Starting here, two magic self-inserts who err on the side of realism have an epic anime showdown, with a third joining via Fusion Dance (the literal one) in the last third or so. Why is this funny? Well, the one who's actually human has several moments where he thinks he's about to die, they frequently get into anime-referencing banter (with the third one failing to contribute much as half of the fusion), and after the inhuman one enters his true, spiderrific form, he is ultimately defeated not by the fusion or a single opponent, but by a Wolverine Bakugan that was standing in a pool, completely inert.
- There's something oddly comical about the Yamcha vs. Sarah fight (also featured on the Awesome page), from an OOC standpoint if not an in-universe one. Aside from the crazy premise of The Chew Toy and the epitome of Future Badass going completely toe-to-toe, there's also the matter of KiriK choosing to play Bolded's near-signature boss fight theme, Rivers In the Desert, in exchange for Bolded playing Live and Learn later on in the fight.
- Starting here, Fu throws Rin into the past - as in, one of Porky's bases back in the v4 Arena - for seemingly no reason other than his own amusement. Though there's some tension in the initial stealth sequence, hilarity soon ensues when Rin encounters Vezon and a hundred Porky Bots, and ends up inducing a Retcon reveal on two things from DevilPsyco's original Porky plot: 1. Vezon picking up dancing as a form of taunt and 2. Porky using Porky Bots less frequently as the plot went on. She even 'pacifies' a Porky Bot that has a fixation on her guitar and ends up going back to the past along with it!
- There's some Black Comedy mirth to be had in the Arbiter pulling off a fully-written out Ultra Combo on Dark Samus, complete with recapture into Double Ultra, at the end of a fight that starts here.
Enter the Arena as a God
- SR 3 NORMANDY enters the battle as Unicron. A human-sized Unicron, and a hammy and hilarious one to boot. Later on, he even starts going Meta and referencing stuff related to the Transformers toy series itself:IF YOU WANT TO DEFEAT ME, YOU MUST GATHER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS!1x AUTOBOT MATRIX OF LEADERSHIP.649x MINICONS.4x CYBER PLANET KEYS AND AN OMEGA LOCK.1x CONTRIVED END-OF-SEASON UPGRADE.THEN YOU MUST FIND THE BALANCE OF TRANSFORMATION WITHIN YOURSELF! THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN YOU TRULY SAY: "I AM TRANSFORMED!"THEN YOU MUST EXTERMINATE ALL KISS PLAYERS!THEN YOU MUST FINISH EIGHT TRANSFORMER COLOURING BOOKS!THEN YOU MUST START PLAYING STAN BUSH MUSIC WHENEVER YOU DO SOMETHING COOL.THEN YOU MUST CUT ME DOWN WITH AN ENERGON HERRING!THEN YOU MUST GO ONTO FORUMS AND DECLARE THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE "RUINED FOREVER!"THEN
Back to the Arena with you!