- Davidge never let on that Mickey Mouse wasn't really a "great Earthman teacher," meaning he has to fight hard to stifle his laughter and pretend to storm off when Jerry tries to insult his faith by calling Mickey "one big, stupid DOPE!!"
- The first of English we hear from Jerry is his single-word assessment of Davidge's shelter-building skills:"Shiiit.""Shit? What do you mean, 'shit'?"
- While Davidge helps Jerry give birth to its child:Davidge: When women get pregnant—
Jerry: (irritated) I am not a woman!
Davidge: Alright, when people get pregnant...
- "Jerry, ol' buddy, where would you be without me?" "Back home."
- The entire space burial scene. A corpse wrapped in a shroud is airlocked, followed almost immediately by a wreath. Solemn organ music plays as a priest's voice is heard. Then we see inside where it's taking place, and it turns out to be all an audio recording being played at a funeral station operated by a couple of young geeks. And then there's how they talk as they dispose of each corpse.Audio recording: We entrust our brother to God's merciful keeping, and we commit his body to space, from ashes to ashes, from dust to dust...
[the audio starts skipping]
Funeral Tech 1: JESUS CHRIST! Didn't they just fix that thing? Oh, shit!
Funeral Tech 2: Who's listening, anyway? Next!
[the blond inserts the next corpse's tag to be read by the funeral computer]
Funeral Tech 1: "Gavorki, George W., agnostic."
Funeral Tech 2: No music.
[the blond slides Gavorki's corpse onto the trapdoor, which the man at the panel opens and then closes before sending a wreath after him]
Funeral Tech 1: So long.
Funeral Tech 2: Next!
[the blond tries to find a tag on the next corpse to no avail]
Funeral Tech 1: Where's the damn tag on this one? Those jerks in prep are really getting sloppy...
Funeral Tech 2: So have a look inside.
[the blond opens the shroud to reveal Davidge]
Funeral Tech 1: Look at this poor freak...!
Funeral Tech 2: At least he's in one piece. Some guys have all the luck...
[the blond looks around but still doesn't see a tag]
Funeral Tech 1: Nope, no tag.
[the blond slides Davidge onto the trapdoor]
Funeral Tech 2: We'll give him a "John Doe, Protestant".
[the man at the panel prepares to open the trapdoor and send Davidge out the airlock when the blond notices something around his neck]
Funeral Tech 1: Hold it!
Funeral Tech 2: What?
[the blond indicates the object around Davidge's neck]
Funeral Tech 2: Go ahead, take it.
[the blond tries to force it off of Davidge's neck, and it turns out to be the Drac dictionary Jerry had given him; Davidge soon regains consciousness and reflexively grabs the blond by the throat, who looks every bit as though he's in the process of voiding his bowels]
Funny / Enemy Mine