- Eddy: (near to laughter himself) Kevin looks like he's ready to bust a gut!
He's not the only one, in a series filled to the brim with gut-busting moments. In fact, this is often considered one of Cartoon Network's funniest shows.
- Anytime the Fourth Wall is broken.
- Anytime when Edd snaps.
- Anything involving Rolf:Deep below the dirt and rock
There lives a bearded maiden fair
Whose kitchen pot is bigger
Than her size of underwear, HEY!
Kevin: *Laughing at Edd* You throw like a two-year-old!Rolf: Yeah, and two-year-olds are not even good at stuffing sausages!Eddy: He'll show you!Kevin: Show me what, his butterfly collection?!Rolf: Yeah, and butterflies cannot stuff sausages, either!Later, during the Eds vs. Kankers wrestling matchRolf: Your garden is overgrown, and your cucumbers are soft!!
- "The beast circles with hunger! We must appease it with a sacrifice!".
- Choking at the spelling bee in "Too Smart For His Own Ed": "POPPYCOCK! Curse this monkey-ritual of English words!" (beat, awkward applause from the audience) "Thank you Nana!"
- The ending of "Dueling Eds": "Son of a gun, you insult Rolf by denying the eels?!"
- Rolf using a corkscrew to make Swiss cheese in "Stuck in Ed"
- The climax of the Valentines' Day special. "The harsh realities of your miserable lives have been restored! Thank you."
- From "For The Ed, By The Ed": "A wooden board saved you from three evil witches and a creepy-crawly? MAMA! The fairy tale that haunts Rolf has come true!"
- After getting a cow tipped on him in "Ed, Ed and Away": "Never again will Rolf store house keys in his trouser pockets..." Even better is how the split second before the cow falls on him, he has enough time to scream "Mama! A bandage for Rolf!"
- The entire "That's My Horse" sequence from "Wish You Were Ed", a traditional dance from Rolf's old country that involves slapping your partner upside the head in increasingly violent ways while shouting "That's my horse!"
- Before that:"Your village idiot has fallen into Rolf's hole. A celebration, I say!"
- Before that:
- Rolf's tall tale about crossing the sea in a leather canoe in "Knock Knock, Who's Ed": "A giant sea cucumber arose from the depths with one eye, blinking and blinking and looking at Rolf like a sandwich!"
- While helping Sarah search for her diary in "For Your Ed Only": "The space beneath the rock is vacant, she who gives migraines."
- "Are you weak in the upper story?"
- Being caught on film in the ending of "An Ed is Born": "Are you stealing Rolf's soul with your film-box? Rolf will release his rage now!"
- "Excuse me Ed-boy, a moment of your time? Never use hot wax to soothe enraged lobsters. Thank you."
- "Scourge of the sea, release Rolf! Nana, FIND THE PLIIIERS!!"
- His doomsday speech about school in "Out With The Old, In With The Ed." Or at least, the fact that it's a doomsday speech. Especially "The time of reckoning is upon us, half-naked Ed boys. For it is here we will be mercilessly judged."
- Everything Rolf says in "Rambling Ed", especially "THE BURDEN OF HOSPITALITY IS TOO GREAT FOR ROLF!". The Distant Reaction Shot following this scene makes it even funnier, with Sarah overfilling a tea-cup at her tea party and Kevin crashing his bike into a fire hydrant.
- Rolf's "trash talk" in "Tag, Yer Ed!"
Rolf: I must protest the rudeness of your guests.
- Talking to Ed about how to break a large rock. "Must Rolf beat some sense into that overcooked noodle that you call a head?!?!"
- The boomerang from "Hand Me Down Ed" getting lodged in his trousers. The aftermath must be seen to be believed.
- Rolf using his shoes to attack a quarter in "One of Those Eds." And when two is not enough, he commandeers Eddy's shoe, too.
- This line after he and Kevin get kicked away by Eddy: "May the onion of agony soil your macaroon!"
- In "Rent-a-Ed" when he turns up the steam in the sauna causing his towel to fall off causing everyone to run away. Even funnier is how HE was the one who got offended.
- Ed's little songs that he sings to himself when doing something."Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole.""Kick my feet, kick my feet, kick my feet.""Slide-on-the-soap." Squeak "Slide-on-the-soap.""Eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs..."
- The sound effects that accompany the Eds getting hit, particularly the Sumo Sound Effect,are gold all on their own.
- Most times, Ed is a walking non-sequitur who has his head stashed firmly in the clouds, but sometimes the sci-fi lover in him causes Ed to make unusual references:
- Ed: (has a bed spring around his neck) I'm a Borg.
- Kevin is usually the one who deserves payback most, but there are a few times when the Eds really let him have it, especially when he got grounded and couldn't go outside. Ed and Eddy were overjoyed to taunt him.(Kevin is sitting in the dark, with only his eyes visible)
Kevin: Okay... now I'm mad.
(cut to Ed and Eddy, who have sealed up his entire house with bricks and are laughing hysterically)
- Quite a lot of the Non Sequitur statements Ed randomly spouts out."I wish I had four stomachs."
"My mom says not to pick my belly button."
"Skip to my lou, my darling."
"Café au lait!"
"The sound of a babbling brook makes me want to babble, Double D."
- Ed's seeming obliviousness and lack of reaction to many types of pain, such as when Jonny rides Kevin's bike up the side of him like a ramp, Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce burns his entire head up like a lit match ("Hi, Eddy!"), or when he tries to catch a coconut in his mouth, and the first try bounces right off his face.
- There are some gems right out of the gate with the series pilot, "The Ed-Touchables".
- Eddy is scolded by Edd for removing the labels from his slippers and Edd's bed and is told to put them back on. Instead of restoring the "sack" label to Edd's bed, Eddy adds a label reading "toilet".
- Eddy's shit-eating grin as he's "torturing" Jonny and Plank with a water pistol is bound to elicit a few chuckles.
- Eddy giving a Hand Wave at the end about getting Jonny punished for something he had nothing to do with (and didnt actually happen in the first place) with "A little childhood trauma builds character". Then the Eds end up losing their jawbreakers 30 seconds before the credits.
- Eddy makes Edd play the pedal steel guitar on their boat ride scam in "Avast, Ye Eds". Edd clearly hates playing it, calling the instrument "so annoying". We are led to believe that he is going to be awful at it, given he hates playing it...and proceeds to play an extremely competent solo on it, all with an incredibly bored expression on his face. Edd is so competent at playing it that he can play it with his feet, while reading a book, to the amazement of the others.
- Also, as a Funny Background Event, Ed leaning down to listen to Edd playing his music causes the hat on his head to fall onto Johnny's head.
- The ending scene, where the Ed's make it back to land after suffering through the Kankers attention.Edd: I was kind of hoping my first kiss would be...enjoyable.
Eddy: Alas, the sea is a cruel mistress...
Ed: I'm stumped! (the camera pans out and reveals water just pouring out of Ed's ears, drenching both Edd and Eddy)
Jimmy: (floating by in the stream in the background) Hair emergency! Hair emergency!
- Why did the Ed's even run their "luxury cruise" scam in this episode? Because their original plan, revolving around charging for the use of a giant tire swing, fell through when Ed knocked the swing off it's branch and it fell in the stream, with Double D still in it. So, Eddy just converted the tire into a cruise liner.
- From the second episode "Pop Goes the Ed", Jimmy shows Rolf some food he brought to the party:Jimmy: I brought a quiche! Mmm, yummy! (holds up a steaming tray)
Rolf: It is the food of the (does Batty Lip Burbling)! THE PARTY IS CUUUUURSED!! (runs away)
Eddy: W-w-w-wa...ter!Edd: H...2O...please...Ed: Gravy!Eddy: I'm fryin'! The fat lady just sang, boys.Ed: My life is flashing before my eyes!Eddy: What life?
- The sandbox scene, which perfectly shows off the Eds' personalities in a few choice words.
Edd: My word! They look like napkins!Ed: Cool box, Eddy.
- Swimsuits of the Gods! Well, okay, they belong to Eddy's brother.
- Any of Ed's "cool" lines in "Over Your Ed."Ed: Swiggity-swag, what's in the bag?
Eddy: (disinterested) Ladies and gentlemen...
- From the same episode, Edd on a sugar rush. Especially when you realize he was the one who came up with Ed's catch phrases. "Ooh, I'm brilliant!"
- Ed blundering the sales pitch for the energy drink responsible for said sugar rush.
Ed: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
Eddy: ...come buy a delicious...
Ed: COME BUY A DECIDUOUS...uhm...
Eddy: ...En-oh-gee drink.
- ALL of "Vert-Ed-Go", in which the Eds make a tree-house is full of this. However, Eddy's deadpan remark regarding Ed's safety has got to be the cherry on top-Eddy: (puts a helmet on Ed's head) Put this on. It'll protect your head. From what, I don't know.
- EVERYTHING Ed says in this episode.
- When searching for a good location:Eddy: This is the perfect spot, huh, guys?Kevin: Hey, dorks! Get out of my backyard!Ed: Weird. Kevin already has a clubhouse here.Eddy: Shut up, Ed!
- From "Read All About Ed":
- Ed jumping into the newspaper launcher, and getting rolled up just like a newspaper.
- When the newspaper machine goes berserk, Ed warns Kevin to look out. He gets hit by a newspaper so hard, it knocks him into the sky. Slowing down the footage shows Kevin give a hilarious "Oh, Crap!" face.Ed: Nice shot!
- The rain starting and stopping every time Edd says "Summer rains, you can never predict 'em!" Eddy even tries shouting at him to stop.
- At the end, as the Eds get buried under a mountain of undelivered newspapers, Ed reads his horoscope.Ed: "New enterprise fails to meet expectations..." What does that mean?
- The bit in "Quick Shot Ed" where Rolf fell into his own sausage machine and got turned into a giant hot dog, which prompts him to freak out.Rolf: I am a wiener!
Ed: You are Rolf!
- What's funnier is that this could be Ed's attempt at a joke beforehand:Edd: Some animals resort to cannibalism during drought or famine.Ed: I'm famined!Eddy: You're drought!
- Taking a picture of the Kanker Sisters results in two hilarious lines, almost in a row.May: WE'RE BEING ABDUCTED!Lee: No, we're not! It's Eddy.Eddy: Run, boys.
- Jonny reading to Plank:Jonny: "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a-" *gasp!* Oh, my!
- Ed losing Edd and Eddy and going around the telephone pole while a busy signal plays.
- Jimmy wants to be just like his soldier action figure when he grows up.
- While Edd and Eddy watch Nazz do jazzercise, Ed's more interested in watching her TV.
- During the chase scene, the Eds and Kevin go through Jonny's house while he's taking a bath. The Eds go back just to take a picture before resuming the chase.
- What's funnier is that this could be Ed's attempt at a joke beforehand:
- In "Tag Yer Ed" when the Eds are about to pour milk into their bowl of Chunky Puffs:Eddy: I love Chunky Puffs!
(slab of expired milk falls out of the carton into the bowl)
Eddy: I hate chunky milk.
- At one point, Jonny and Plank are eating ice cream. Eddy swaps Plank for a log, also with a face painted on.Jonny: Oh, Plank, you've certainly let yourself go! No more sweets for you!
- Eddy tries to "toughen up" Edd by making him dress like a wrestler and fight Plank. Edd only comes out of his "changing room" (a portable toilet) because it smells funny. Then he proceeds to get his butt kicked by an inanimate object, mostly thanks to his fear of getting splinters.
- The Kankers want to fight their "boyfriends":Lee: Ha! I say we wrestle you! May and Marie are great at purple nurples!Eddy: YOU'RE ON, KANKERS!Ed: What's a purple nurple?Edd: I think it has something to do with, um, strudel filling.Ed: Cool!
- The very fact that Ed could get rid of the Kanker Sisters at any time, if he weren't bound by one rule:Eddy: Give 'em the burrhead bump, Ed!Ed: *Walks over with all three Kankers grabbing on to him, trying to beat him up* I can't, Eddy! My mom says I can't fight girls.
- At one point, Jonny and Plank are eating ice cream. Eddy swaps Plank for a log, also with a face painted on.
- In "A Boy And His Ed", Edd is teaching Ed and Eddy about Kevin while they plan to get jawbreakers from him. At one point, Ed and Eddy shoot spitballs at the Kevin dummy Edd made.Eddy: Not bad, huh, burr-head?
(Ed puts a book in his mouth, chews it up, and tries to spit it out through the straw, but it backs up)
Ed: Oh, no! My brain came out!
Eddy: That's too big to be your brain!
- Also, this:Edd: What's the first thing you notice about Kevin here?
Eddy: His chin is almost as big as yours?
Edd: (quickly pulls his shirt collar up over his chin) No, I was talking about, um...
Eddy: Those three stupid hairs on his head?
- Ed randomly offering to help break into Kevin's garage.Ed: If only I had brought my anti-gravity de-spackletizer to re-pixel the hot and cold tumbler on that lock.
Edd: ...Earth to Ed?
- Also, this:
- From "Laugh, Ed, Laugh":
- Eddy using Ed as a shovel while Ed gleefully chants "Dig a hole, dig a hole, dig a hole..."
- Ed's explanation for where the other kids went to, coupled with the dramatic theremin music that suddenly starts playing.Ed: It is simple, Eddy. (pauses to think of an explanation) The kids entered a wormhole and were spewed into an alternate universe! (Eddy and Double D stare at him) Simple.
Eddy: You're simple.
- Double D locks Eddy in a shed, and tells Ed to hide the key "discretely." Ed promptly places the key between two slices of bread and begins chewing on it. Then Eddy gets back to normal and finds they're locked in the shed:Eddy: Where's the stupid key?
Ed: (happily) I ate it! Discretely.
- Eddy's Sanity Slippage is depicted through the truly bizarre visual metaphor of popping popcorn bursting out of his brain.
- "Jonny, you dropped your face. I'll get you a new one!"
- "HAM AND EGGS WITH BUTTERED TOAST!!!" (bites off a piece of fence)
- Eddy tries to impress someone without going crazy.Eddy: Guys, wait!! Um.... *Wraps tongue around his head like a turban*Ed: Aw, c'mon, Eddy, we've seen that before! Now you're boring us!
- Ed eating the "ice cream cones" they were making as part of that day's scam, which were really just tennis balls coated in paint. When Double D tries to stop him, Ed pushes him back, telling him to get his own.
- Everything involving Eddy after his Sanity Slippage. Some other highlights include using a shell game to con squirrels out of their nuts and mistaking a fire hydrant for a jawbreaker.
- What finally gets Eddy to snap out of his madness is discovering that the pile of money is just counterfeits bearing Ed's likeness.Ed: Eddy's mad...
Edd: Correct! He's back to normal.
- Ed's Extreme Omnivore Big Eater sleepwalking habit in "A Glass of Warm Ed"Edd: Ed, do you know you walk in your sleep? And that you've consumed all the food within a five-block radius of your bed?Ed: Not only that, but I feel as though I consumed all the food within a five-block radius of my bed. (notices Edd's cactus Jim with a bite taken out of it) Oh, Jim got a haircut!
Edd: (holding out Jim the cactus) Don't make me use this!Ed: (bites off the top of Jim)Edd: You ate Jim! Ed, cacti have feelings just like you-LaterEd: Oh, Jim got a haircut.
- The thing that seems to freak Edd out the most is not that he has a home invader or a fridge-raider, but that the pajama-clad intruder is in bare feet, which he finds "so unsanitary". Keep in mind Edd will be subjected to bare-footed footsies with Marie later on...
- This Brick Joke:
- From "Flea Bitten Ed":
Edd: Eddy, you think Ed is okay? I'm getting concerned for him.Eddy: *nonchalantly* I've always been concerned for him.
- Ed's massive allergic reaction to the bunnies, which involves breaking out in a purple rash and bloating like a balloon.Ed: (gasp) "I AM MUTATING!!"
- Ed tries to suppress a sneeze by plugging his nose. This causes his eyes to inflate.
- What makes this episode hilarious is not just what happens in it, but how Ed responds to his body inflating. While someone would naturally be terrified, he takes it with Actually Pretty Funny, and it is treated in a comical manner.
- Eddy is dragged along by Ed and runs into Edd, the resulting collision carries them out of the carage.Ed: "Look at me! I am a pigeon. A big pigeon."Eddy: [clutching the shoelace with Edd] "Don't lay an egg, birdbrain!"
- Ed's massive allergic reaction to the bunnies, which involves breaking out in a purple rash and bloating like a balloon.
- Ed: "I am a swan! A pretty swan."Eddy: "We gotta figure out what's wrong with Bloat Boy."
Jonny: See, Plank? I told you bunnies would take over the world! And they have!*Jonny and Plank then get carried off by a wave with bunnies*
- Ed hammers a sign but Eddy points out a major flaw:Eddy: Ed! You put the sign on upside-down!Eddy: Just flip it over, Ed.Ed: Flip it? Got it!
- Unfortunately, Ed doesn't realize he means to flip the sign over so he picks up the garage and flips that over instead.
- The Eds looking at Rolf's chickens.Eddy: Rolf's got tons of stinky animals.Edd: They're absolutely filthy!Ed: Yes, I am!
- Mr. and Mrs. Bunny practiced the multiplication tables so much, that they make for literal Explosive Breeders by blowing up the garage.
Eddy: *while the kids yell for help* Hey, be quiet down there, some of us are trying to watch TV! Some people are so inconsiderate!
- It might be subtle but the rapid-fire oink sound when Eddy is polishing the the pig with the buffer is kinda giggle-inducing.
- The episode ends with the Ed's watching TV on the roof, because the entire neighborhood is buried under a blanket of bunnies.
- Everything from "Who, What, Where, Ed", in which the Eds are forced to make a bunch of trades just to get an egg. Which Ed ends up breaking while trying to "free the chicken" inside.Ed: I think the chicken's gone bad.
Eddy: Like my luck...
Jonny: Listen to the clams gurgle in the bucket, Plank.
- Jonny had clams that the boys needed, in which he gives this line.
Eddy: Clams?! What's with clams? *rings a doorbell* Could you spare some clams?Edd: *Ringing another doorbell* Pardon me; you wouldn't happen to have any clams, would you?Eddy: *At another house* Say, you haven't seen any clams around here, have you?Edd: *At yet another house* Could we borrow a cup of...clams?Ed: *At final house* Can Eddy come out and play?Eddy: I'm right beside you, Ed.Ed: Hi, Eddy!
- Before that,
Eddy: Greetings, ladies. Um, we're doing a survey, and-Edd: *From underneath the coat* Eddy!Eddy: Oh, uh, ahem *makes voice deeper* I mean, I'm doing a survey, and-Lee: Our mom's not home!Marie: Yeah, so take a hike! *Kankers laugh like hyenas*Eddy: I was wondering: How many anchors do you own? *Big nervous grin*May: That's stupid!Lee: You look familiar, mister!Eddy: *Lee's interjection caused Ed to walk back and laugh* *Grunts* Stop it, will ya?May: You've been on an infomercial?Eddy: Um, no-yes! Quite famous, actually. Want my autograph?Ed: *pops out of costume* I'm the legs!Edd: *Costume is ruined* Oh my, exposed!Marie: It's our boyfriends!!Lee: *Dreamily* Eddy's such a weasel...Marie: Group hug! *Lips turn giant as she puckers up*May: Let's kiss 'em!Ed: Oh no, not me!! *Runs off, while the Kankers all land, while trying to kiss their boyfriends, on their airbag lips.*
- Jonny wanted an anchor. Of all places, the Eds think to go to the Kankers' trailer, disguised as a really tall man with a mustache and a pimp hat. (Actually just the Eds on each other's shoulders covered in a trench coat, with Eddy on top.)
- In "Keeping Up With the Eds", Ed mowing Double-D's lawn. "ATTACK THE WIBBLES!"Eddy: And you don't even have to clean up after him.
Double D: *after Victor has sped off with a screaming Eddy riding him* Strong union!
- When they use fertilizer all over the Cul-de-sac lawns, at first there's nothing... but then the Eds scream as all the lawn grass spontaneously grows 20-feet tall and pushes them up top.
- The Ed's renting Victor the goat from Rolf to help get the grass down, and Rolf mentions that "goat rental" is one of the major income sources for his home country. On top of that, it comes with a ridiculous pile of paperwork, and Victor wont budge out of his spot without Rolf's say-so.
- When Eddy brings a big bag of manure to fertilize the grass, Edd is concerned.
- The entirety of "Eds-aggerate", especially the part with Ed interrupting Edd yet again by showing that he has a bone in his ear canal.Ed: I found a bone! Cool, huh?
Eddy: We, the Eds, are smarter than-Ed: Onions?Eddy: Um, no, Ed.Ed: Buttered Toast?Edd: Oh, boy...Ed: A bus driver??
- The Ed's pretending to be the Muckie Boys Eddy has spent the whole episode lying about. This mostly consists in covering themselves with mud and yelling incoherently. Everyone except Sarah still falls for it.
- This bit of dialogue:
Edd: Eddy, wouldn't it be easier if we just-Ed: Make funny noises?Eddy: Ed! You've found a brain! Heh. Mucky Boys make loud, funny noises!
- When the kids begin searching for the Mucky Boys, the Eds follow to see what they'll do.
Ed: Be scary, Double D!Eddy: Oh, I'm petrified.
- Edd as a Mucky Boy.
- "YOU HAVE GOT THE BIGGEST MOUTH!!"
- The many ways the Eds fail to get a badge in "Oath to an Ed."
Ed: It looks like the head of the monster from I Was a Teenage Appetizer from Planet Sushi: The Second Coming.Rolf: (beat) No shears for you, potato-Ed Boy!
- Ed comparing the pruning shears to a movie monster.
- Eddy and Edd doing the proper Urban Rangers gesture, while Ed holds his finger under his nose. Perhaps one of the most iconic moments for the trio, and plenty of promotional pictures use this image.
- Rolf: Have you roaches been drinking milk from a rusty bucket?!
- The Unicycle of Doom from "Button yer Ed".
Edd: Ed! The screen door!Ed: Let's watch it!
- Ed breaking the screen door.
Ed: (poking an octopus) I saw this movie!Rolf: Movie bad! Food is good.
- Rolf inviting the Eds to have lunch with him.
- From "A Pinch to Grow An Ed": Double D invents a pair of extending boots that can help Eddy become taller. When Eddy tries them out, they turn out to be a total dud... at first.Double D: This remote control, when pressed, activates-Edd (snatches away the remote): Gimme that!(He presses the button, the boots grow taller by at least a foot. Eddy is not amused.)Eddy: Nice boots, Mr. Inventor-Smarty-Pa... (the boots immediately send him flying into the ceiling) YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! (CRASH!)Eddy (dazed): Nice pants, Mr. Smarty-Boots-Nice...
- The various pranks we see being pulled on everyone in the Cul-de-sac by the Prank Master who doesn't really exist in "Fool on the Ed". Easily one of the funniest is when Jimmy opens a present, only for a giant blue balloon with the face of a clown with a creepy grin to pop out while demonic laughter is heard.
- The various hiding places seen throughout "Ed-n-Seek" and how the Eds drag home base with them on a wagon.
Eddy: I didn't know you were playing!
- When trying to lure the kids out from hiding Ed shouts out "Plank, your mom is calling!" while pointing to home base (a tree). Plank actually pokes his head out from the bush he and Johnny are hiding in!
- When their first hiding spot is destroyed due to them goofing around, Eddy tries to find them a new hiding spot. He tries a garbage container, only to choose not to use it due to the smell, but before he leaves the Knakers randomly pop out from the container with no explanation to being there!
Lee: (flirtingly) Who's playing?
(The Kankers all pucker up and make kissy faces at Eddy)
Eddy: AHHHH! (runs away and lets the lid slam on the Kankers' lips, swelling them to giant size)
- "Eeny Meeny Miney Ed":
- Eddy convinces Ed that Edd is a half-man, half-lizard created in an underground lab, and that he has gills hidden under his trademark hat. Ed's response: "Must touch gills!"
- Edd discovers Eddy's discarded clothes (as part of a ruse to make Ed think Eddy had been turned into a human/insect hybrid), and complains "Why are Eddy's clothes lying on the floor? Is he running around naked again?"
- When what the rest of the kids thought to be a giant cockroach turns out to be Eddy (stuffed into a bucket and skittering about on this fingers) after Rolf whacks the snot out of him with his shoe:Nazz: Is that Eddy?
Kevin: Hit him again!
- Followed by this:Rolf: Those Ed boys are crazy! Are they from this planet?
Kevin: Nope. They're from the Land of the Dorks.
- Eddy trying to use an old rusty pipe as a didgeridoo and failing in "Know-It-All Ed". Ed then tries and somehow inflates Eddy like a balloon for a few seconds.Ed: I am a whale, Eddy, an endangered mammal! Hug me.
Ed: (face covering in turkey basters) Canadians are weird.
- Eddy claiming that the turkey basters are Canadian squirt guns.
- The bit from "Dear Ed", where Ed falls down the stairs like a rag doll and Jonny remarks "Wow, Ed, you go down the stairs just like Plank!"
Ed: Sit down and say "Hello, Jonny".
- The bit earlier in that episode with Ed reading the cue cards was even better.
Ed: Ask him how... he is.
Edd: "How are you", "How are you"!
Ed: I'm fine, thanks. Okay, a little hungry.
- Ed's baby picture◊. 'Nuff said.
- "Eddy's my ideal pal. Soft and cuddly, like mashed potatoes. Yum." (Said while he's carrying Eddy, a steaming kettle sound playing in the background)
- Eddy introducing Jonny to Bob the traffic cone. Upon meeting, Jonny almost vomits, because Eddy forgot to give Bob a second eye.
- "I'm the ice cream man!"
- The Eds' attempt to get into Ed's house in "Knock Knock, Who's Ed?" using a Trojan Horse dolly.Jimmy: A talking dolly!Eddy: Say something, stupid!Ed: My head is snoring! Make it stop!Jimmy: (scream) Sarah! Boogeyman!
Ed: Ow! My liver! Ow! My lasagna!Edd: Ed! Lasagna isn't a major organ!Ed: (beat) It isn't?
- Ed's injuries after "crashing" in Kevin's yard.
- "One Plus One Equals Ed." The whole episode; the Eds take a venture into learning about the mysteries of the world, before things start to slowly unravel.
- Before all the madness, there's Ed keeping Eddy up all night asking weird questions ("How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?") and playing with the fridge door to try and figure out how the light works. ("Hello, light. Hello, light. Hello, light.")
- The Eds rummaging through Ed's garage:Eddy: (slipping a bra out of a drawer) Woo-hoo, PG-13!
Ed: Um...that's my mom's, Eddy!
(Eddy drops the bra and gags)
- Ed taking apart a washing machine:Ed: I took it apart, Double D! Am I smart now?
Edd: Let's not ask for miracles, Ed.
- Ed playing around with the spinner from a washing machine.Ed: Whats this, Double D?
Edd: Spin it, and learn!
Ed (spins it, but his tongue is caught on the spinner and pulls his entire face around it) It's a face scruncher! Cool!
- Rolf's tale of the ugly boy and the tree of heads.
- Eddy stumbling around and accidentally finds himself behind the houses seen in the background, like he walked behind a background prop.Eddy: Einstein's got nothing on this!
- Eddy eating the sun.Eddy: I say we take a break, this learning stuff is making me hungry...
(Eddy's hand somehow goes behind the sun)
Eddy: Didja' see that? Weird! Oh well, can't beat em', eat em!
(Proceeds to eat the sun like a potato chip, which turns into a crescent moon afterwards)
Eddy: Not bad!
Jimmy: (Few blocks away, in the alleyway) Jumping Jehoshaphat, who turned out the sun?!
- Eddy stripping Jimmy of his outline before fashioning it into a hairdo, all as the now-liquid Jimmy slowly slips into a drain... and then into a pitcher.Jimmy: Fate has dealt a cruel hand. Darnit.
- "Don't look now, but there's a cow hovering just overhead..." And then said hovering cow makes a crowing noise, like a rooster.
- Eddy plucking Sarah's mouth clean off her face before she bites him on the ear.Eddy: Get her off, Double D!
Edd: (happily writing notes down) Not a chance! (notices the ground coming up to cover the camera) Hello? An original scene transition, interesting...
- "A three-headed Rolf. Yawn..."
- After it's revealed to be All Just a Dream, an oblivious Ed finds Sarah and tries to take off her mouth again, stretching her face to almost screen length.
- A punch is then heard from offscreen, with Ed slowly sliding into view through a trench he's scraping into the dirt:"...Sarah's mad."
- Ed believing himself to be the last human on Earth in "Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Ed."Edd: E, wait! I could gladly make you a sandwich!
- Ed admiring Edd's rocket from "Ready, Set... Ed!"Ed: Can we visit the planet of bacon men and have the marrow sucked from our bones?Edd: (beat) It's just a prop, Ed.Ed: It's too small.Edd: Small? Please, Ed; It's compact.
- Only for Edd to realize later on that it is too small.
- The Eds trying to use a magnet at the begining of "Hands Across Ed." Rolf believes it to be the Curse of the Sirens in the Hungry Tree. Ed messing with Kevin's boombox makes Rolf believe it's the sirens' song.
- The part of "Floss Your Ed" where Eddy tries to get Ed's tooth out by painting a jawbreaker with Ed's name on a fence, in the hope that Ed will think it's real and break his tooth out trying to eat it. Ed falls for it, but Edd gets in the way, causing Ed to accidentally flatten him into a circle when he takes his mouth off the fence.Edd: (flattened and mortified) I've been violated.
Edd: Ed, you really must try to eat softer, um, food.Rolf: Yes! Like butter, Ed boy!Edd: Plain butter?Rolf: Listen to me, Stuck-In-The-Rut Ed Boy. When churned by Rolf, it is better than good.Ed: I'm sleepy.
- Ed and Edd eating lunch.
- "In Like Ed": Ed is put in charge of setting up a hidden camera with which the Eds can spy on Kevin. Ed's idea of "hidden"? Sticking it right in front of Kevin's house and taping a twig to it. Kevin is, unsurprisingly, not amused.
Eddy: Did you eat breakfast this morning, Ed? Here, give it* to Double D to put on the table.Ed: Service is my middle toe! Check, Please!Eddy: You should've ate breakfast, Ed.
- Ed pretending to drive a truck at the begining.
Jimmy: I'm so misunderstood. I wanted a pony!
- Eddy reveals that Jimmy got a sewing machine for his birthday.
- Eddy gets past Rolf by asking what the hairy beast eating the dip is. Rolf thinks it's his Nana.
- Ed uses a grappling hook to make a zipline to Jimmy's roof. Rather than slide across with the coat hanger he's been carrying around for half the episode, he instead slides across on his tongue.
- From "Home-Cooked Eds", these particular moments:(the Eds are trying to remove the Kankers' trailer from Eddy's yard)Eddy: Ed, gimme a hand!
(Ed gives him Double D's hand, starts snickering)
Ed: Found one!
Double D: (deadpan) This joke is older than my Mesozoic fossil collection, Ed.
Ed: Whoops, there it goes! (spring sound) Yup, my brain stopped.
May: Hey Marie, can you flip me over, I'm getting crispy. (Marie ignores her) MARIE, FLIP ME OVER, I'M GETTING CRISPY! (she still ignores her) MARIE!!
- The Kankers sunbathing:
Lee: Shut up, May! (Literally flips May over, chair and all)
Eddy: (holding the steering wheel) Wahoo! Demolition Derby boys! Pretty cool crash, huh Ed?Ed: (matter-of-factly) I've seen better, Eddy.Eddy: What?Ed: (same tone) Look, the tractor is still intact, you could have done a lot more with the tree, and you hardly wrecked Kevin's fence. (takes the steering wheel from Eddy) And the steering wheel should be rammed over your head, like so! (easily rams it through his head)Eddy: Oh, well excuse me. I'm such a hack! I'll be in my trailer! *smacks facefirst into the Kankers trailer*Ed: (back to normal) Eddy's got a trailer!
- In the first scene of the episode, Eddy crashes Rolf's tractor into a house. Ed proceeds to criticize the way he crashed it.
Eddy: You hear that? *Laughter* ...Kankers!Edd: And we're out in the open!Ed: *Rams Edd and Eddy into the trailer door* Quick! Hide in here!
- The Eds finally realize who the trailer could belong to:
Eds: *Inside the TV* BeatKankers: BeatEddy: Uh...We use new "Stench Away Deodorant"! *Uses Ed's head as a deodorant stick on Edd's armpit* Keeps me dry and fresh!Lee: That junk wrecked my clothes!Marie: Gimme that thing! *Takes remote*Lee: Alright, alright!Eddy: *While Edd is making siren noises* Requesting backup! We're in hot pursuit!Ed: It's my turn to drive! *Rams head into screen* BEEP! Transfer, please! *falls over*Kankers: It's our boyfriends!
- Then, when the Kankers settle on what they (read: Lee) want to watch:
Jimmy: My thighs! They're burning!
- During Eddy's plot to remove the Kankers from his lawn, Jimmy, while wearing goggles and clutching onto his tricycle's handles, comes blowing along with the debris out of nowhere.
Ed: That's something I would expect from Double-D, Eddy.
- Rather than help Eddy and Edd push the trailer onto Kevin's lawn, Ed just informs them "one plus one equals one on a bun."
- The Running Gag of other characters doing things Ed would do, and him commenting that it's something he wanted to do.
- It then gets turned on its head when Eddy, after getting rid of the Kankers (momentarily), starts scrubbing the furniture they were lounging on, muttering "Filthy, filthy, filthy".
Eddy: Don't remind me.
- The Kankers having Edd take a picture of them in the pool (Eddy's fish tank). When Eddy tries to kick them out, Edd tells him he's trying to get a nice shot of the Kankers.
- May having to use a spatula to pry her sticky sandals off when her feet are killing her.
- "Rambling Ed" has the scene where Eddy convinces Ed to move out by asking him of he does and forcibly moves Ed's lips and imitates him to get a fake answer. Ed then proceeds to do the same thing with Eddy as the puppet.Eddy: (as Ed) I like it, Eddy. I have one eyebrow and the brain of a bug.Edd: Going out on one's own requires planning, Eddy. There's so much work involved in—Ed: (as Eddy) Relax, Double-D. I'll help him pack.Edd: Yes, well, let's be sure to pack plenty of hand soap...
Jonny: Look, Plank! We get to go to a tea party!
- Eddy got Sarah's chores taken care of by dressing Jonny as Ed and Plank as a doll.
Rolf: Having fun with my shed, Ed boys?Edd: Is all well, Rolf?Ed: Wipe your feet, please.Rolf: (tearing off shirt) You have broken the celery stalk on the back of a sea urchin!
- The place Ed has always wanted to live? "Close to a mailbox."
- "THE BURDEN OF HOSPITALITY IS TOO GREAT FOR ROLF!"
- Tipping over Rolf's shed is the final straw.
Eddy: If Sarah told you to go jump in a lake with a rock tied to your head, while you wait for naked photos of you to develop so she could hand them out to all the kids in the Cul-de-Sac, would you?Eddy: Oh!
- Ed hot-tubbing in the animals' food trough.
- Eddy's hypothetical situation about Ed obeying Sarah.
- In "To Sir with Ed":Eddy: My brother told me that chicks are only wowed by one thing: cash!Edd: That's so superficial, Eddy! Females admire more meaningful things. Like sincerity, respect, and good grooming.Ed: And potato chips!
Ed: A is for "helping," which comes from a tree!Eddy: Oh, no...Ed: B is for "lifting" Edd and Eddy!
- Ed's little rhyme to Eddy
- In "Key to My Ed", Eddy is trying to figure out what a key they found opens. Edd starts to drone romantically about what it could possibly open, until Eddy tries to pry open a manhole cover, and the key flings away and ends up stuck in Edd's gap.Eddy: It's a key! It's supposed to open something!
Edd: That's right, Eddy. Something dear and personal, like a box of photographs, or a diary with pages of truth and duration, or as simple as a locket of love. It's our responsibility to see that this key returns to its forsaken owner so life can- *thunk* *beat* Mortified? Yes. But I won't let myself fall prey to such shallow emotion. Not now. [continues talking through the shift in scenes] There's a fellow human crying for help, trying to mend the unraveled ball of yarn handed to them. Maybe that's the kind of world you wish to live in, Eddy, where the unyielding and the indifferent supersede the benevolent. I say-
Eddy: SHUT UP, DOUBLE D! Ed, you understand anything Double D said?
Ed: Pass the mustard.
- Right before that, Ed has a hunch, and next we see, they're in Rolf's barn, and Ed's poking a cow's udders with the key.
- The entire opening: Edd creates an experimental extra-fizzy soda, only for Ed to drink it all. Edd begs Ed to hold still, as the soda hasn't been tested yet; of course, Eddy starts tickling Ed, causing Ed to blast off like a rocket as soda pours out his nose.
Ed: It's a whatchamacallit!Rolf: Not even close, Square-Peg-In-Round-Hole Ed Boy!Ed: A kazoo?Rolf: No, the accordion.
- Seeing what Rolf has in his case.
Jimmy: I hope this sand doesn't get in my loafers. (grabbed by Eddy) Ahh! Honest, mister, I'm just a kid! I'm broke!Eddy: (using the key on the back of Jimmy's retainer) Hold still, squirt, I need to see something.Jimmy: (mouth moving with the warping retainer) Eh! Dee! Ahh!Edd: For Pete's sake, Eddy, Jimmy's retainer?Jimmy: (retainer wrapped fully around his head) Too tight! Too tight! Sarah!
- The Kankers being disgusted by Jonny, thinking he's some sort of weird, big-headed creature.
- The first thing Eddy tries the key on.
Edd: Well Eddy, it looks like your key did open one thing: the paranoia and hostility festering beneath the surface of our formerly calm cul-de-sac.Eddy: Do you ever turn off?Edd: It's a curse, I'm afraid.
- Eddy's plan to send ransom notes to the kids in order to find out who owns the key backfires in the most ridiculous way possible: they all are missing something important to them and once the notes reach them, they all suspect and turn on each other.
Eddy: ED! YOU IDIOT! THIS IS YOUR KEY!
- The Eds attempt to escape from the Kankers, only to be stymied by a locked door. Ed attempts to reach for the key, but it seemed to have fallen out of his pocket from a hole. It didn't take long for Eddy to connect the dots.
- The Kankers's plans for the Eds after capturing them, putting their bare feet in a three-man stockade, then getting barefoot themselves and playing a non-consensual game of footsie. Edd and Eddy freak out, but Ed seems to enjoy it.
- How about when the kids start breaking all the rules in "Stop, Look, and Ed"? Funniest moment? Jonny streaking with Plank strategically placed over his privates.Jonny: Feel the wind, Plank!
Ed: (♪ thwack ♪ thwack ♪ thwack ♪ thwack ♪) I'm a woodpecker (♪ thwack ♪ thwack ♪ thwack) 'Cept with dirt.
- Also this moment:
Ed: I'm smarter than a sign!!! *Lifts up grass and crawls underneath it*Ed: *Pops out of grass* BOING!
- Leading up to that moment, we've got Ed all eager about touching the grass.
Eddy: Just once I'd like something to go right. *satellite hits him from his right, stretching him out* Hello! *satellite lets go, he collapses*
- The very beginning, when after Ed causes the boys' jawbreaker-detecting satellite to take off prematurely:
Eddy: *dazed, following after Ed and Edd as they chase after the satellite* Wait up! That's my waffle!
- The satellite then hits Jimmy, who can't hold on due to his manicured nails, and he falls off yelling pitifully.
- And when the Eds are locked up at the end:Eddy: "Help!"Edd: "Please, assist!"Ed: "Ketchup!"
- "...Just a squirt?!"
- Jimmy screaming in "Honor Thy Ed" prompts two different kinds of responses from the Eds.Edd: Oh, dear! A shriek of terror!Ed: Dad's home!
- The Eds end up ingesting Eddy's brother's Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce, with varying results: Edd's face turns red and steam shoots out his ears, Ed's head is already black and shriveled like a burnt match, which he doesn't even notice ("Hi, Eddy!"), and Eddy's three hairs burn away like sparklers before exploding into a gigantic fireball. Ironically, Edd has the tamest reaction despite guzzling the stuff (he was getting the taste of crayon out of his mouth), while Eddy only tasted a drop.
- "Scrambled Ed":
Rolf: Never use hot wax to soothe enraged lobsters! Thank you.
- Everyone in the cul-de-sac tries to get Edd's advice on things, him being the token genius and all. Unfortunately, he's too sleepy to be of any real help, and ends up murmuring random phrases that the kids take as actual advice.
- Any of Edd's sleep-deprived rants. "Use hot wax for more manageable follicles..."
- In "Rent-A-Ed", the trio try to pass as repairmen. After Ed makes a complete mess of Jonny's sink and causes Edd to freak out, Eddy suggests using Ed to repair the damage done. But before that, he delivers this delightful line through his clenched teeth."It's under control. Relax. We've got the ultimate tool."
- Eddy introduces the repair service with a poem.Eddy: No joke when it's broke
Don't be blue!
Let Ed's Quick-Repair fix it
And you won't sue!
Edd: You should have hired someone to fix that rhyme, Eddy. Yeesh!
- The Eds acts in the circus.Eddy: Hup-hup! [attempts a headstand] Hoo-hoo!
Ed: Zip-a-dee-doo-da! [spins around and falls down]
Edd: Um... knit-one, pearl-two? [does jumping jacks]
Rolf: Why is Double D Ed Boy calling the Chestnut Elves?
- After "repairing" Jonny's kitchen sink, Ed brings in a heat radiator, asking if he can build a birdhouse with it.
- Jonny pointing out how unhappy Plank is, while Plank continues to smile.
- The golden Bizarro moment in "Rent-A-Ed" when Jonny, stuck in a tree, somehow learns from Plank of all the trouble Eddy is causing in his kitchen. Eddy gapes a moment before covering Plank's mouth and sneaking off.
- During the sauna scam Rolf turns up the steamer causing his towel to fall off. The other kids freak out and run away.(Rolf comes out naked)
Rolf: I must protest the rudeness of your guests.
- The crowning moment of the episode would be this:(Ed bursts through the wall, still tied to the support beam)
Ed: Towel rack at your service!
Eddy: Now look what you did!
Edd: (Pulling his hat back up) I can't bear to look. Has Rolf- IS THAT THE SUPPORT BEAM TO THE HOUSE?!
Ed: What's a support beam?
(The house begins to shake)
Edd: This has been quite a day...
(The house cracks and collapses in upon itself as everyone screams)
- When the angry kids surround the Eds after they knock down Jonny's house, Eddy quips "They'll never catch... the Flying Eduardo Brothers!" and rips off his outfit to reveal he's wearing his acrobat costume from the circus at the beginning of the episode. An incredulous Edd lampshades this with "You're still wearing that thing?!"
- The Circus Eds moment must be counted. After an impressive acrobatic manoeuvre from Ed where Edd and Eddy are launched onto the seesaw in a totem-pole position, Ed prepares to jump off the top of the slide to launch them into the air. The build-up is perfect as Ed jumps (from a ridiculously exaggerated height) and happily falls, getting faster, faster, FASTER... and breaks through the seesaw, landing five feet into the ground.Ed: Eddy! Double-D! Stop fooling around and fall down, guys!
- Eddy introduces the repair service with a poem.
- The crown jewel in Jonny's repertoire of annoyance from "Shoo Ed": cracking his joints to make a sickening crunch sound. Which then bites the Eds at the end of the episode, with them being trapped in a cage with Rolf's agitated animals as Jonny cracks his joints to extort the Eds into him letting them go.Edd: EDDY, GIVE HIM THE QUARTER!
- "I'm the Bike Pixie! Catch me if you can!"
- The Eds making Jonny as annoying as possible in a very Frankenstein-like scene. Also, when Jonny first shows them he cracks his knuckles.Ed: WHAT A PEST!!!
- Ed's contribution to making Jonny annoying.Ed: I glued a block of wood to Jonny's foot!
Edd: Ed? Why did you glue a block of wood to Jonny's foot?
- In "Ed In A Half-Shell", Eddy trains Jimmy to be more like him, and one of the ways is to throw eggs at a picture of Sarah. Instead, Jimmy ends up tossing the eggs at Ed and Edd. What's especially funny is Ed wearing his usual expression while being covered in eggs◊.
- The trees falling down before Sarah arrives (the sound effect helps), because she heard a whistle being blown (no thanks to Ed).
- This hilarious exchange from "Mirror, Mirror on the Ed":Edd: Um, guys?
Edd: (Points) IMPROBABLE ALERT!
Eddy: (Looks, down, then runs away) AAHH!
Edd and Eddy: Come back, Ed!
Ed: (STILL floating) I can jump it, guys.
Edd and Eddy: No, Ed! *both grab him*Edd: Now what?
Eddy: I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
Ed: Can I think?
Edd and Eddy: NO!
Rolf: You are not Ed! You have cursed my raspberries to the life of salad dressing, impostor with tiny feet!
- The Eds playing Truth or Dare later in the episode becomes absolutely hilarious when Ed gives Eddy the most nonsensical dare ever.Ed: OK, I dare you Eddy, to sprout the wings of a bat and stomp like a zombie while whistling "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" through a car wash!
Double D: *beat* Ed, try a more reasonable dare, please.
Ed: Okay, my turn to spin! *quite literally*
- What makes this scene even better is how, during the beat, Eddy turns around and looks towards the sky, completely dumbfounded, while a hawk screeches in the distance.
- Before that, Ed takes the first turn and actually spins himself instead of the bottle.
"Oh, the insanitary! My skinny arms cannot move the weight! Oh, I know, I'll move it with my brain!"
- Eddy's attempts at talking like Edd:
"Pardon me, Eddy, may I fuel-inject? Chickens cannot fly, as they are mammals!"Ed!Edd: Uh-oh, a fence. (runs into it) Gravy!
Ed: Aw, c'mon, Double-Dee, I don't say "gravy" all the time
Ed!Edd: Buttered toast, then!
Edd!Eddy: Buttered toast is crude, as the crust always gets stuck in my GAP!
*Double D quickly covers his teeth*
- Rolf tries to get Ed's help in pressing his raspberry harvest into juice, but thanks to Edd pretending to be Ed there's a slight mix-up. Rolf's frustrated reactions are hilarious, culminating in:
Rolf: Hurry, as the raspberries beg to be squashed!Eddy!Ed: Let's sell the squash for cash! *gasp* CHICKEN!! Pet the chicken, pet the chicken!
- Rolf demanding Eddy!Ed's help with squashing raspberries.
Eddy!Ed: Hey, burrhead, I will now inflict pain on you!
- Eddy!Ed making fun of how Eddy frequently injures him.
Edd!Eddy: Eddy, I too am thirsty. Quite partial, to be exact.Edd: Parched! The word you're looking for is "parched!"Eddy!Ed: Yeah, right, lumpy! Parched is a fish!
- Edd!Eddy complaining about his thirst.
Eddy!Ed: Y'know what they say, Double D, "If you're thirsty, take a drink." (Edd!Eddy drinks so much raspberry juice that he has grown humongous and fat) "Gee, Double D, you really let yourself go!"
- Eddy!Ed's solution to Edd!Eddy's thirst
- "Wha— A ladle? Oh my... IT'S A TUB OF GRAVY!!"
- Ed and Plank imitating each other at the end. Bonus points for Ed perfectly emulating Plank's irregularly-sized eyes and smile.
- The Eds playing Truth or Dare later in the episode becomes absolutely hilarious when Ed gives Eddy the most nonsensical dare ever.
- Jimmy mistaking a gas mask-wearing Edd for a gym teacher in "High Heeled Ed"
Eddy: Chicks dig pants! Nazz wears pants, Sarah wears pants...Edd: You wear pants.Eddy: I wear pants... (Edd giggles as Eddy just realizes what he said)Edd: Pay attention, Eddy! Soft, clean, and fresh it is!Eddy: I hate it when he does that.
- "I am an Ed-i-pus, 'cuz I'm Ed!"
- Also, this exchange.
- The songs from "Fa-La-La-La-Ed"The Eds: Deck the halls with boughs of holly!
Give us cash, or we'll never stop singing!
Mom!Eddy: Eddward! Must your father and I remind you to do your homework?Dad!Ed: (wearing huge glasses) That is right, son. A mind is a terrible organ to shovel!
- Ed and Eddy pretending to be Edd's parents.
Kevin: Check it out, guys; it's dork and beans!
- "Boing!" "Smack!" "Woosh!" "Pant, pant, pant!"
- When the Eds reveal their "Piggy Bank Belly Pumper" to the other kids:
Edd: Beans? An edible seed?
- In "Cry Ed", Eddy tries to injure himself to get the kids to worry about him and not Jimmy. To do so, he prompts Edd to punch him, but Edd refuses to do so. Eddy taunts Edd for being chicken. Ed looks at this exchange with confusion, then smiles with an idea before walking off. Later, a shadow casts over Eddy and Edd, which prompts this little dialogue:Ed: (Holding a house over them) Here, Eddy! Lots of hurt, hold the onions.
Edd: (Completely and rationally freaks out) OKAY FINE I'M A CHICKEN! (quickly runs away)
Eddy: (dumbfounded) Um... Ed? (Ed drops the house on Eddy)
Edd: Eddy? Can you hear me, Eddy? (To Ed) ED! What in heaven's name were you thinking?!
Ed: (proudly) Absolutely nothing, Double D.
- After the aforementioned house incident, Edd begs for Ed to help him find an alternate solution.
- Ed claims that Eddy was attacked by a giant Swedish meatball. Rolf claims that he's seen such a meatball and that it stalks Wilfred at night.
- "Fools! As it is my turn to ride the cluck-ball! Look up my nose, and see your future!"
- "From Here to Ed"
- The "Slide on the soap!" sequence. Try watching it for 10 minutes. Or how about 15 minutes?
- The Eds' disguising themselves as Jonny by dressing up in a giant papier-mache head with a crudely-made replica of Plank glued to it. Kevin doesn't even take a second-glance at the disguise and just says "Oh! Hey, Jonny!". Then, the Eds trip over a fence and get stuck because of the large head, prompting Kevin to snark, "What a freak." Then, at the end of the cartoon, Jonny walks by wearing the thing and quips "Check it out, guys! I'm inside my own head!"
- While sneaking around to spy on Kevin, Eddy and Ed communicate with a series of complicated hand signals. Edd quips "Oh, like any of that meant anything!"
- When Eddy prepares to fire a cannon at Kevin from a very crudely built cardboard cloud contraption, Double D's reaction takes the cake:Edd: No one would ever suspect Mother Nature to harbor a spring-loaded circus cannon and BLOW INNOCENT BYSTANDERS TO KINGDOM COME!
- Also the reason why Double D gives Ed a traffic cone to wear as a helmet. "Put this on, Ed. It'll protect the turtle."
- This exchange.
- Ed: I wish I wish I was a fish!
- In "Momma's Little Ed", Ed and Eddy's sticky notes are hilarious — between Eddy writing "Please pick your nose" in place of "Please wash the phone", and getting Edd to insert broom lint into his belly button, put Wilfred in a tuxedo, and borrow sugar from the Kanker Sisters.
Ed: (using a saw) Vroom, vroom, vroom, vroom... I cut the air in two! This side's yours, Double D!
- The "sawing the air" bit, complete with Eddy actually getting indignant at it:
Edd: We can share the air, Ed!
Eddy: It's my air; I ain't sharing! Ed, stop sawing the air!
- And earlier, along with Edd's reaction to it:Ed: We can be like brothers and share the same bathroom!
- "IT'S THE STICKY NOTES OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!"
- Ed unwittingly breaking Eddy's disco ball just to hang himself up there, with him denying that he did it...then immediately apologizing for it.Ed: It wasn't me! Sorry...
- Three words: Hat of Discipline.Rolf: Rolf respects your vow to uphold the sticky notes of elders, yet... *pulls out a giant hammer-shaped hat and puts it on his head* you must be punished.Edd: What is that, Rolf?Rolf: The Hat of Discipline. DO YOU LIVE IN A CAVE!? *slams the Hat of Discipline down on Edd* All is forgiven.Edd:(flat as a pancake) Thank you, Rolf.
- "Once Upon an Ed" begins with the Eds stuck in Jonny's wall.Jonny: Hey, how'd you get inside my wall? What's that, Plank? Plank says, "Take a hike or we'll call the cops!"
Edd: Pure fiction, Eddy! Your exaggerated tale can only be described as "cockamamie!"
- This exchange after Double D calls Eddy out on his version of a Rashomon story:
Ed: Tsk tsk tsk... I have never heard such language...
- Ed's version of the story. It involves the Kanker sisters growing fifty feet high after eating "over-radiated mashed potatoes", shooting laser beams from chickens in their armpits that turn things into soap and cleansing products. They then mash together into one horrendous thing and start shooting radioactive lipstick marks. Ed saves the day by grabbing the Eds and suddenly gaining the ability to fly while making buzzing noises despite lacking wings or anything of the like.
- In that same episode, how Ed sees Double D when he's talking
- "Take note, as I am a" "...Stupid sock-head, and a babbling dweeb who can't lift a butterfly! I wish I was as good-looking as Eddy."
- When the Eds lose sight of the Kankers at the end:Eddy: "Wha— Where'd they go?!"Edd: "I don't know! I was looking at Jonny!"Ed: (equally panicked) "My underwear's riding high, guys!"
- Then there's "It Came From Outer Ed", showing us exactly what happens when Ed comes up with a scam. It involves many parts that make no sense, including Ed telling Edd to move a bunch of rocks onto an X on the ground, despite the fact that Ed actually painted a Q. This is probably the highlight:Ed: Nice job, Double-D! That looks just like a Q.
Edd: Excuse me? Ed, I think somewhere along the line you lost your train of thought. Your plan is irrational, muddled, and inconsequential... Is that a doggy treat?
Ed: * munching on a dog biscuit* What's the rock for, Double-D?
Edd: * bewildered, drops the rock on his foot* My foot!
Eddy: * comes into scene brutally injured* MY HEAD!
- When Ed completes his "scam" by disemboweling a stuffed bunny rabbit with his teeth:Eddy: What's he doing?!
Edd: Embarrassing me to no end.
- Also, the final line as Ed's "scam" comes to fruition:Ed: EVIL TIM HAS BECKONED THEM!
- Rolf's childhood companion is... a giant clam named Bobo.
- Say nothing of Rolf's appropriate freakout when he realizes just what Ed has done.Rolf: Edboy has bitten into the belly of a stuffed handcloth! (Pulls giant clam from his back pocket) QUICKLY! We must seek shelter within the bosom of Bobo!Nazz: If you think I'm getting in that thing—- (Gets cut off as Rolf grabs her and throws her in)Rolf: YOU WILL DOOM US ALL!Nazz: But I'm allergic!Jonny: Listen to it gurgle, Plank! (Rolf hops in Bobo with the rest of the kids, shuts it, leaving only his legs exposed for them to run away from the above result of Ed's "scam").Edd: (Staring dumbstruck at the previous scene with Eddy and even Ed) ...Was that a giant clam?
- The entire first part of the episode when Eddy pushes Jimmy and Ed against Double D. Amusing Injuries at its finest, Sarah's over-hysterical reaction is both hilarious and completely worth it for all her Karma Houdini moments.
- When Ed completes his "scam" by disemboweling a stuffed bunny rabbit with his teeth:
- Speaking of Rolf, in "X Marks the Ed", does he manage to get rid of Eddy's zit? Yes
but he also manages to shrink Eddy's head to the size of an acorn!Eddy: (in a ridiculously high-pitched, squeaky voice) WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HEAD?!
Ed: It is so puny!
Edd: This is worthy of a Nobel Prize!
Eddy: WHAT'D YA DO TO ME, YA QUACK?!
Rolf: Quack? I am Rolf.
Eddy: YOU'RE A QUACK! QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!
Rolf: I am not a duck, I am Rolf!
Edd: [with a notepad] How did you know what ingredients would react in such a way as to come to this conclusion?
Ed: My turn for shrinkage, Rolf!
Eddy: FIX ME!
Edd: Tell me!
Ed: Shrink me!
Rolf: Stay back! [makes a run for it]
Eddy: GET HIM! [chasing Rolf] WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU! FIX MY HEAD, YA QUACK!
Ed: He's strong! [He laughs as they continue to chase Rolf.]
- Worth mentioning is the three minutes leading up to that moment: Rolf treats the whole thing like a cooking showthe show's Stock Sound Effects even include studio applauseand then he locks Eddy's head in a box with a chicken for twenty-four hours, during which he passes the time by carving a wooden clog out of a tree stump in his underwear.Ed: I wish I had a zit!
Edd: Ed, you have a boat on your back.
- Worth mentioning is the three minutes leading up to that moment: Rolf treats the whole thing like a cooking showthe show's Stock Sound Effects even include studio applauseand then he locks Eddy's head in a box with a chicken for twenty-four hours, during which he passes the time by carving a wooden clog out of a tree stump in his underwear.
- Ed again (he's just made of this trope, isn't he?) in "O-Ed Eleven", this time explaining to Edd how he deciphered the map made by Eddy's older brother, as only he can:Ed: Because I am a brother, and Eddy's brother is a brother, and Eddy is a brother to Eddy's brother, as a brother I am. *hugs himself*
Edd: Umm, nicely put, Ed.
Eddy: Oh brother.
Eddy: What're we supposed to do for an hour?
- Also, Double-D peers out the entrance to his house after Eddy whacks upon the door multiple times, dryly asking "...Why did you pummel my door with a shovel?"
- Before the pummeling door there's this gem:
Ed: I've got an elastic, Eddy.
Eddy: Big deal...(Screen fades to black as Ed stretches the rubber band and shoots it at Eddy) YOWCH!
Edd: Oh, Ed, if only I had brought just a few more coins!
- "My fantasy has come true! I AM BUTTERED TOAST!!"
- And this final exchange:
Ed: You did the brotherly thing, Double-D.
Edd: You really think so, Ed?
Ed: Think what, Double-D?
- Yet another Ed moment, from "Boys Will Be Eds": the boys (most of them, anyway) are thinking about Nazz. Ed's thoughts?Kevin: (thinking) She's so radical.Eddy: (thinking) She can't take her eyes off me.Edd: (thinking) Her hair is so clean, and not flyaway at all.Ed: (thinking) Hello? Echo! MY NAME IS ED!
Nazz: Hey there, Ed—-*stares in silence*Ed: *Shows a crude Nazz face drawn over his stomach.* It's you. I drew it.Ed: Should I hang it in your room?!
- Ed's first gift to Nazz:
(Victor is wearing skates, and Rolf rolls him over to Nazz)Nazz: Victor changed his name to "Nazz," just like me!Rolf: Are you weak in the upper story?Kevin: (nervous and sweating) Heh-heh. Later, Rolf. Kinda neat, huh, Nazz? It's sort of a gift for you.Nazz: (notices that the skates Victor is wearing are hers) Why is Nazz wearing my skates?(Rolf looks as though he is dumbfounded by Nazz's stupidity)Kevin: Um, yeah, I put in new bearing so they glide real smooth, you know.Nazz: Awesome!Rolf: (sounds like he's about to start laughing) Rolf will sit to the side and observe with hysterics! (he walks away, pushing Victor along)
- Kevin's gift is to Nazz is to have Rolf shave her name into the side of Victor's fur:
Eddy: (singing) Hit me! Have mercy! Dear Nazz don't give me gas! Right on! Oh yeah! Uh huh you are so rad! Oh baby! Stop me! Uh huh!
- At the end of the episode, the Eds try to play a song to win Nazz's heart. We have Ed introducing the song with his comb and paper, and soon Edd starts playing the bongos. And then Eddy starts singing:
- Then it turns out that they are singing at Jimmy's house and, not only is he wearing curlers, but he offers to join their "band" by pointing out that he "plays a mean xylophone".
- "Ed... Pass It On" has Ed as a roast turkey. Naked.◊Jonny: FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!!
Edd: Ed, you were supposed to use a REAL TURKEY!!!
Ed: Stuffing, anybody?
Eddy: (covering him back up) Idiot.
Kevin: What's with the balloons; you dorks getting married? To each other?
- For context, the dish they were trying to serve was called the "Ed Turkey A-La-King". This is what happens when you have Ed as the chef to cook it.
- Later, Kevin sees the Eds setting up for a fake welcome-home party for Eddy's brother
- In "Ed, Ed and Away", Ed manages to make Eddy fly by pulling Eddy's wallet chain like a starter cord, causing his hair to spin like a helicopter rotor and lift them into the air. Edd's reaction is the funniest part:Edd: Remind me to ask how you did that, Ed...
Edd: It's the same thing, day in and day out... it's so monotonous! A pipe dream, at best!
- The same episode has Edd, near the beginning, complaining about their endless series of failed scams:
Ed: You are not alone, my friend. I dream of pipes, too.
Eddy: Pop the balloon!Edd: Onward, brave latex composite!Ed: [They run into a chicken] CHICKEN! [They run into Wilfred the pig.] PIG! [They run into the cow Rolf is washing. She stops them in their tracks.] Oof! Cow...Rolf: (Cow slowly tips toward him) Mama! A bandage for Rolf! (Cow crushes him)Eddy: (resuming the chase) Hurry up! It's getting away!Edd: Excuse me, Rolf.Ed: What'd ya do, Double D?Rolf: [sighs in pain] Never again will Rolf store house keys in his trouser pockets.
- Also, in the same episode, all three Eds are chasing after a balloon as they run through Rolf's farm and plow through several animals... Except for a cow which promptly falls on top of Rolf.
Edd: Goodness Ed! What's that devouring your leg?!Ed: (Looks down at his leg) IT'S A BAG! Get it off, get it off! (He tries to shake the bag of)
- When the trio chase the balloon into a playground.
- What makes it even funnier, is the fact that the bag is making growling sounds like an angry dog.
- RELEASE ME MUTANT BAG, HAVE PITY!!!
Edd: We'd have to sprout wings to reach it at that height!
- And again, from the same episode and sequence:
Ed: Fly, Double D, fly! (throws Edd)
Nazz: (walks by) Hey, guys, whatcha doin'?
Ed: Fly, Nazz, fly! (throws Nazz)
Eddy: She didn't even make a grab for it!
Ed: Float, little friend, float. (tosses balloon)
- Then, after the balloon pops...
- The whole episode, really. Gets even better when you realize that the show managed to make a funny and entertaining episode about chasing a balloon.
- From "Three Squares and an Ed", in which Eddy tries to get Ed out to freedom.Eddy: Now all we have to do is go up the- *stairs aren't there* What happened to the stairs?!Ed: My parents took 'em down because I am grounded!Edd: That's disturbing.
- From "Will Work for Ed", Ed is ready to leave the house for Rolf's: he walks to a car, gets in, and starts the engine while Eddy laughs.Edd: Ed, no, you're too young to drive!
- From the same episode, Ed begins his work as a hired "nincompoop" for Rolf. Rolf tells him to use "the nincompoop entrance", which is just a hole in the yard fence. Ed cheerfully replies "Okey-dokey!" and smashes right through it, making the hole even bigger.
- Rolf's epic speech about Ed's first task.Rolf: Behold, the potato! Bow to this fruit of the earth, then peel it like it was the last task of your miserable life!!
- "ROLF'S A JERK! AIN'T GONNA WORK!"
- "The Day the Ed Stood Still":
- Edd dispenses some choice sarcasm in his reaction to Eddy's carnival scheme:Edd: Congratulations, Eddy! Your skill at mundane, misleading, and moth-ridden carnival games makes me want to throw caution to the wind and give you all my money.
Eddy: (beat) You're making fun of me, aren't you?
- "Overwhelming fear is no excuse for rudeness, Rolf."
- "I am Bed Buddy! Sleep on me!"
- Edd dispenses some choice sarcasm in his reaction to Eddy's carnival scheme:
- "See No Ed", where in looking for the missing Eds, Kevin slips on one of the many banana peels laying around... and promptly lampshades it in a You Have Got to Be Kidding Me! tone:Kevin: Man, that's old!
- Although it was horrible how Ed and Edd got punished because of what Eddy did in "If It Smells Like An Ed," you cant help but laugh at the kids throwing fruits at the Eds. Its equivalent to stoning.
- "Gimme Gimme Never Ed"
- Plank is apparently unimpressed by Eddy's home-made bumper cars.Jonny: Plank says that bumper cars are for chickens, and whoever thought that one up should have his brain lacquered. Boy, buddy, that's harsh.
- The jar of termites Ed accidentally dropped devouring a tree Plank got stuck on where the Eds had to rescue him.
- The infamously comical roller coaster ride.
- Plank is apparently unimpressed by Eddy's home-made bumper cars.
- "Little Ed Blue"
- Ed and Edd are raiding Ed's room for things to cheer him up with, and Eddy finds a magazine called "Chicks Galore". He thinks he's found Ed's Porn Stash... but the magazine turns out to have pictures of actual baby chickens.Edd: I didn't know they had magazines like that...
- It's easy to miss, but when Plank flies through the air and accidentally taps Ed from behind, the latter turns only his head around a full 180° to angrily look back down at Plank.
- Ed and Edd are raiding Ed's room for things to cheer him up with, and Eddy finds a magazine called "Chicks Galore". He thinks he's found Ed's Porn Stash... but the magazine turns out to have pictures of actual baby chickens.
- In "Your Ed Here," Kevin makes Eddy kiss Edd on the lips. If you listen closely, you'll hear "nooo" and a "lock-and-load" sound effect before Eddy kisses Edd. Kevin and Nazz's reactions are funny too.
"Aw, kitty cat go meow?"
- "Forgive me!"
- The "nooo" is actually a mondegreeen of "Hello."
- Kevin making Eddy bark like a seal and play horns with his mouth, then throwing him a fish as a "reward."
- Eddy dressed up like Jimmy. That is all.
- Also, Ed "playing" Tic-Tac-Toe with Double Dee.
- When Kevin reveals Eddy's middle name to everybody and the kids prepare to mock Eddy, you can't help but laugh at Kevin's facial expression here.
- In "The Good Ol' Ed", in a fake flashback, Edd was suffering from an extreme case of hiccups, which Ed tried to cure by holding Edd's mouth open very wide and shouting '"I AM A ZOMBIE, AND I WILL MALICE YOU WITH A SHOEHORN!" into it.
- "Yeah, Double-Dee! An elephant never forgets, but I forget what the elephant remembered."
- Ed's reaction to the pancake batter being poured over the cul-de-sac kids: "IT'S A BOY!"
- Ed with bananas up his nose.Ed: Buy one, get one free! Ha ha ha.
- From "Once Bitten, Twice Ed", Eddy using one of Ed's toys (he just crudely tapes a walkie-talkie to the back of a monster action figure) to trick Ed into doing increasingly stupid tasks.Eddy: Approach me mortal, for I am the great Baron O' Beef Dip!
Ed: (Confused) Baron O' Beef Dip?
Eddy: Is there an echo in here?
- Baron O' Bee...I mean, Eddy commanding Ed to eat his mattress is the funniest bit in that sequence, especially when Ed responds with an enthusiastic "YUM!"
Edd: (comes in with the rocket Ed 'fired' lodged in his ear) "Excuse me, Ed, but is this your—GOOD LORD, MAN!"Ed: (Eating the mattress, and finishes as Double D shakes in fear of seeing things he rather not see, and somehow manages to digest the whole thing into his stomach, and retaining his original form shortly thereafter) "That hit the spot!Edd: "Ed, what have I told you about the needless taxing of one's digestive system?"
- Seconds later, Edd walks into the room, and is horrified to discover that Ed had somehow unhinged his own jaw and is actually swallowing his mattress whole!
- "Wolf down the non-believer!"
- Baron O' Bee...I mean, Eddy commanding Ed to eat his mattress is the funniest bit in that sequence, especially when Ed responds with an enthusiastic "YUM!"
- "Robbin' Ed". All of it.
- Edd's Bad "Bad Acting" in the "infomercial" for the Thing-a-ma-jig, and later when posing as a customer for Eddy's "new butts" scam in order to bait Jonny's superhero alter-ego Captain Melonhead.Edd: Hold your horses! This butt's been used!
- Eddy becoming a supervillain under the guise of Professor Scam to combat Captain Melonhead. At one point, he's going to flee in his escape balloon, but spends so much time gloating about his escape that it floats away before he can get on.
- The ridiculous costumes Eddy makes Double D and Ed wear as his henchmen, basically just underwear and socks with domino masks and a cardboard cent coin attacked to their foreheads.
- Captain Melonhead ends up saved from getting dunked in gravy by Ed (AKA "Average Joe").
- Edd's Bad "Bad Acting" in the "infomercial" for the Thing-a-ma-jig, and later when posing as a customer for Eddy's "new butts" scam in order to bait Jonny's superhero alter-ego Captain Melonhead.
- "Luck of the Ed" has the following moments:Ed: Well, I was walking down the sidewalk, carrying Eddy's box, when I saw a bug. Hello, bug! I followed the little dickens to this tree, see? And I hit my head on that branch! (hits head on branch) Nope, sorry. It was this one. (hits head on another branch) Then, I gazed at the stars.Edd: Ed? Please don't do that.Eddy: C'mon, we're wasting time! Where'd ya hide the magazines, Ed?Ed: Here we go... (pulls out a rubber chicken) ... a rubber chicken. (throws chicken) "Hide the box, hide the box", I said... (trips on rubber chicken) ... but then I tripped; hanging onto my pal's box of magazines for dear life! (falls over) I fell, and slid into a sewer.Eddy: A SEWER?! My magazines are in the sewer?!Edd: Seems appropriate. You do realize that if your magazines are in that sewer, they'll be totally illegible; the text smeared by the damp sludge.(Beat)Eddy: IT'S THE PICTURES I'M WORRIED ABOUT!
- The following scene where they examine Ed.Eddy: What's with the glass?Edd: Eddy, please don't interrupt. (take out a cupcake) Now Ed, do you see what I see?(Beat)Ed: CUPCAKE!Eddy: So what's with the cupcake?!Edd: Patience, please!(Edd places the cupcake on the glass and Ed wolfs it down. Edd then sandwiches Ed's head between two slides of glass)Eddy: What's with Ed's face?!Edd: Will you just let me do this, Eddy?!
Edd: *exasperated* Ed, there's a new invention called "soap," have you heard of it?
- Which follows with the disgusting things that Edd sees in Ed's hair.
- "The number you are dialing is not in service."
- The "My bike!" "The magazines!" "Hat, please!" and "Eyebrow" argument.Ed: (After Eddy stole his eyebrow) But Eddy, I can't make funny faces without that!
- Even better in the Mexican dub, where Ed says instead: "Eddy! I can't make Anime faces without that eyebrow!".
- After all that, it turns out Ed hid the magazines separately from the box, and they have to repeat the whole experience over again.
- The following scene where they examine Ed.
- "Is There An Ed In The House?".
- Ed's attempt at drawing a picture of Rolf includes a giant monster standing behind him. "Rolf's head is about to be crunched by a four-legged mutant bus driver."
- Ed using a vacuum cleaner to suck up his baby sister Sarah's snot.
- Jimmy and Ed's dueling bedtime stories.Jimmy: Silly Little Jilly frolicked in the daisies...
Ed: Spewing slime from its tentacles!
Jimmy: "I'm so silly", said Jilly...
Ed: As Zorbo sucked his brain!
- "Ed, you're the motor." "I have achieved greatness!"
- Ed running off when Sarah rings her calling bell, leading to Double D and Nazz crashing the car.Edd: Brake! Brake!
Nazz: What brake?
Edd: (to Eddy) You forgot to put in a brake?!
- "An Ed Is Born", the one where the boys are making a video to send to Eddy's brother, is CMOF in its entirety.Edd: Sorry, Eddy, the 'planet baron' story threw me off.
Ed: *stares into the camera and licks the lens* Hello, my name is Ed!Eddy: *Bummed out, sitting on the curb* We're running out of ideas, Double D. Think of something that'll make me look good.Edd: Ed, you be careful with that! Oh, what do I care, it's his camera...Ed: (suddenly raises the camera above his head and shoves it down his throat) Man the helms! Dive! Dive!Edd: (sternly) Ed, what have you done? Open it! OPEN IT!Ed: *opens his mouth to reveal the camera sitting in his stomach* GRAAAHHH!Edd: *reaches into Ed's stomach wearing rubber gloves to retrieve the sodden camera* You should know better than to eat the camera. Just think what it'll do to your digestive tract.Ed: (giddy) Boy, I can't wait to see that part, Double D!Edd: Yes, well, let's just nod and say we did, Ed.Eddy: C'mon, c'mon! I've got an impression to make, remember?
- The scene where Ed eats the camera is the icing on that cake of hilarity.
Edd: Jonny!Eddy: (jumps at Jonny) WHY YOU LITTLE-! (screen goes to static then comes back showing Eddy has buried Jonny in the ground with his head sticking out) He scares the birds away; what can I tell ya? (drops shovel on Jonny's head)
- Jonny steals the video camera from the Eds while they are filming and runs off with it.
Eddy: "Look, it's Kevin. The usual spot there, dork?" [He signs his name, then speaks for Kevin, affecting an unnatural tone] "Sweet, Eddy! You're cool, man."Eddy: *kicks the cardboard replica of Kevin*
- In Eddy's room, when Eddy signs autographs on cardboard replicas of the kids faces:
Edd: "Oh, please."
- Edd's response is funny as well:
[Rolf is shown coming into the house in the background sniffing the floor]Eddy: "So, bro; as you can see, I'm a big shot now. No more beatin' up little Eddy, hey, big brother?"[Rolf enters]Edd: Psst, Eddy! Rolf!Eddy: Rolf? Did I forget to sign Rolf? There ya go, stretch. [signs Rolf's face]Rolf: YOU HAVE VANDALIZED ROLF'S FACE, AND YOU HAVE-[Rolf lifts up the cardboard cut-out Rolf and sees one of his chickens holding it up]Rolf: And you have stolen Rolf's chickens yet again?!Rolf: [to Edd] Are you are stealing Rolf's soul with your film box?!Edd: Why, of course not, Rolf! What gave you that impression?Rolf: Rolf will release his rage now!Eddy: Wait, we can work this out![Punching sounds are heard and Eddy is thrown into a wall, destroying the other cardboard kids in the process]Rolf: Return Rolf's chickens!Ed: [running off] "WAAAAAAHHHH!Rolf: RETURN THEM![Rolf storms toward Ed and Eddy. Meanwhile, the chickens go berserk and one of them flies towards Edd]Edd: Shoo! Go away! Don't touch me! [Edd gets knocked over, and so does the camera]Rolf: Stop! I must punish you!Eddy: Mommy!Edd: I think your brother's got the picture, Eddy.Eddy: AAAAAAHHHHH![the camera's batteries die and shut off]
- The last scene in this episode tops it off...
- The entire episode "They Call Him Mr. Ed", including the gratuitous use of the word "up", Ed's cardboard elevator, and Edd and Eddy's reactions to espresso:Edd: Well that was an upturn for the worse.
Eddy: I almost upchucked!
Ed: Forgot about the wall...
- The bit where Ed carries something into the homemade elevator cartoon-style with one of him at each end and the part where he runs into the invisible barrier Double D set up before! Cartoon logic at its best, folks!
Edd: Ed... Not that you'd understand the geometry involved in such an endeavor, but... That isn't how you go through a maze!
- Ed's Dungeon Bypass at the beginning of the episode.
Ed: Hang on, Double-D, I'll think of something.
- "A Twist of Ed", which revolves around the Eds using reverse psychology on the Kankers to scare them off for good, has some truly great moments.
Ed: *goes down on one knee in front of May* May I have your hand in carriage? *kisses her hand, then sucks the whole thing into his mouth*Ed: MAMBO!! *grabs Lee and Marie in a passionate tango embrace, taping their hands to his backside, and leans down to grab a mouthful of dandilions like they were a rose*
- At the start of the episode the Kankers each attack the Eds in their own homes in their own equally hilarious ways.
- Marie leaves her lipstick out for Double D to find. Once he realizes what it is he tenses up and glances around, only for Marie to tackle him from behind and literally tie him into a knot so he won't struggle. As she puckers up and leans in to kiss him her lips turn the screen red, and as Double D begs her to stop he screams "You wouldn't dare!" right before an affectionate "Mwah!" kiss sound can be heard and the screen fades from red to black. She does indeed dare.
- Ed searches a cupboard for a spoon and pulls out various other utensils. He pulls out May on the third attempt and doesn't even notice her, tossing her aside. He finally notices her when she gives him a Bear Hug from behind and pulls him to the floor, pinning him. As she leans in towards him making a kissy face, Ed just stares at the approaching lips and screams "Girl germs!" in absolute horror.
- Eddy wakes up from bed and walks into the shower half-asleep, while still wearing his clothes. The shower quickly overflows with water and Eddy notices some hair clogging the drain. He yanks the hair out and the shower returns to normal, but now Lee is in the shower with him, wearing some goggles and a swimsuit. It takes Eddy a few seconds for him to react to this, but once he finally does he tries to escape, only for Lee to laugh at his efforts and pull him into a twisted Shower of Love.
- Ed starts by aggressively "flirting" with the Kankers. They are pleased at first before quickly becoming freaked out by his harassment.
Double D: (flipping through his book) Something's not right here! (Marie suddenly appears between the pages) Marie!?
- After the Kankers flee back to their trailer, Double D joins in.Double D: Welcome home my dainty, dowdy darlings! I have freshly laundered socks for each of my contemptuous cupcakes!
Ed: And I made my chicks pancakes! Ketchup? *sprays ketchup on the pancakes which forms an image of an eye, a heart and a U* See? Eye Love U! A poet I am!
- The Kankers increasingly desperate attempts at escaping. They try to call the cops, only to find Ed with the receiver on his head.Ed: Dial me for love! *smooches*
- The Kankers smashes through a wall, leaving an imprint of their outline, only for the camera to pan out and show Eds outline on the wall as well with huge puckered lips.Ed: (flirty) It's dark, huh huh huh!
- The Kankers eventually realize what the Eds are doing and lure them into their room with their own Reverse-Reverse Psychology. But unlike the Eds, who put on a convincing performance with their flirting, The Kankers barely put in any effort to acting scared at all and the Eds still fall for it (at first).
- The episode ends with the Eds realizing too late they have been tricked, after Lee locks them in the Kankers bedroom, May pulls Ed into a closet, and Marie doesn't even try to hide her crush on Double D more than 2 seconds before slowly approaching him.
Marie: Don't kiss me Double D!
(Marie giggles and approaches Double D with a love-struck smirk. He backs away sweating frantically)
Double D: This can't be! They've turned the tables on us, Eddy! IT'S A REVERSE-REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY!
(Marie grabs his face, making him pucker up, and chuckles evilly. She dips him and puckers up, preparing to kiss him. Around the room Lee is stepping on Eddy's center while holding him still by his hair and legs, and May sits on Ed's back, restraining his arms; both are also preparing to kiss the Eds)
Ed & Eddy: WE'RE TOO YOUNG!!! AHHHH!!
(Cut to outside the trailer and Fade to Black as the Kanker's kissing can be heard)
- At the start of the episode the Kankers each attack the Eds in their own homes in their own equally hilarious ways.
- "Pain In The Ed" has a lot of funny episodes.
Eddy: Violins are for sissies! Now if I played an instrument, I'd get something manly, like a... kazoo or something. What?
- Ed has to play the violin...rather badly.... Eddy isn't happy about it...at all...
Eddy: Hey Johnny, let me introduce my friend; Sawtooth Cecil! *holds up a woodsaw with a face drawn on it*Johnny: LOOK OUT, PLANK!! *runs off* I'll save you, buddy! Go away Sawtooth Cecil, you big bully!!
- Eddy's "armpit hair" was such an Epic Fail that even Ed was able to see it was fake hair.
- Kevin saying "The dork's faking puberty!"
- Jonny making fun of Eddy's carpet hair.
- Ed does his "position and pose" thing, and the second he finishes, Eddy's trips him up and runs off with the violin.
- Ed playing the violin so badly that the trees peel, Kevin's bike gets ruined, and the violin notes hitting Eddy in the face.
- Jimmy disguises himself as an infant in a stroller while the Eds were walking down a road, and then Eddy sneaks up behind Jimmy him while hiding behind the fence, and pulls the carriage containing Jimmy so hard Jimmy gets injured and you hear a little crash.
- Ed also says "Look at the size of that bird!!" and the "bird" (really Jimmy) falls down the tree.
- Some of Jimmy's paper thin disguises come off as this.
- Edd and Eddy being able to see through Jimmy's paper thin disguises and yet Ed is unsurprisingly oblivious to them.
- Edd tripping and landing on the violin, causing it to break, and gasps at what he did, while Eddy laughs at him.
- Jimmy in a bunny costume and hopping like a rabbit.
- Part of Double D's plan involves getting Johnny to run away blindly into a giant slingshot. Eddy achieves that this way:
- Ed somehow gluing his head to a table in "Ed Overboard".
Ed: Welp, that's it for me!Lee: You're coming with us, Ed!Ed: Okidoki, ladies! A lesson in life I am sure to get!
- Ed's cheerful acceptance of his own doom when the Kankers kidnap him to cheer up May.
Double D: Is that a cookie?!Ed: Yup, I've been saving it! *eats the cookie*Double D: That has to be the most disgusting, irrational...*smiles* Nice to have you back Ed.
- Double D helping Ed scrub off all the May+Ed graffiti May doodled on his upper body, and coming across a bandaid on his back. When Double D pulls it off...
- Ed getting kidnapped AGAIN in the ending, this time by the Urban Rangers, as revenge for the Eds abandoning them to the Kankers while saving Ed.
- When Eddy is sworn into the Urban Rangers:
Ed: This one (a single pasta piece on a big splat of glue) is called "To Noodle or Not to Noodle" and this one (an identical piece) is called "No More For Me Please, I Am Russian"
- Ed's "art".
- For some reason the Urban Rangers Guidebook has a reward for this exact situation, the "Free The Fool" medal.
- Everything Ed and Eddy do to torment the grounded Kevin in "A Case of Ed". Words alone can't do them justice, but the highlights are:
Ed: Oh ho, I am turning into a werewolf, Eddy!
- Eddy using a pool cue chalk on his finger before ringing the doorbell.
- Eddy using a fishing pole to pull off Kevin's clothes through his mail slot.
- Ed drawing faces on his toes and "performing" in front of Kevin's window.
- Eddy mooning Kevin. Kevin's reaction is funny enough but Ed tops it with an absolute GEMSTONE of a line:
- And the big finale? Building an entire brick wall around Kevin's house!
Edd: Tell me the truth, doctor! How long am I for this world?Ed: Um... 'till lunch?(Edd spots the biggest Oh, Crap! expression imaginable as the background turns blood red)
- A bit on the Black Comedy side, but when Edd is tricked into believing he's about to expire, he asks Ed how long he has...
Double D: Oh Rolf, you're so uneducated! *weeps miserably*
- When Double D thinks he's dying, he wills his various possessions to the other kids. When Rolf responds with his usual comical Funny Foreigner routine, Double D breaks down crying.
Eddy: Hang on there, Hamlet. (laughs)Ed: Too rich, huh Double Dee?Edd: LISTEN TO ME!Eddy: How can we not?Edd: (holds up "kick me" sign) This was found on my body! You had me believe I was expiring! (glares)
- Double D's Large Ham moment in the episode "A Case of Ed" when he confronts Ed and Eddy for fooling him into thinking he has a deadly disease.
- When Kevin gets out early for good behaviour and prepares to deliver some Laser-Guided Karma, Eddy and Ed retreat to the former's home and lock the door in order to attempt a Karma Houdini. However, their tormenting of Double D becomes their undoing when he hands Eddy's spare house key to Kevin. The following scene with Eddy and Ed dancing and laughing only to be joined in by Kevin whom the two don't even notice is there immediately is pretty hilarious.
- The scene where the Eds frighten the Urban Rangers with monstrous noises in "An Ed in the Bush". Double D, well, tries to sound scary...Double D: Boo! Boo boo boo boo! Bleh, bleh! Boo boo!
Edd: A little help would really be appreciated!! *cut to Ed dragging Double D, still trapped under the giant crate of supplies, which doesnt stop until the crate gets stuck in some trees and Double D is wrenched loose*
- Double D prepares a bag of provisions for the Eds stay in the woods. Unfortunatly, its so overpacked he's eventually trapped under it and unable to move.
- The ritual Rolf performs to prepare to hunt down the Eds. Some of it is understandable, like securing his pants or painting war paint under his eyes with dirt... but he caps it off by yanking out a nose hair to drive himself into a fury from the pain.
- In "Thick as an Ed" as Ed & Edd argue and volley insults over Ed's stinky lucky cheese chunk. Ed keeps using the same insult to Edd. Finally, Eddy breaks it up.Edd: The point here is my hat doesn't smell.Ed: Oh, yes, it does.Edd: No, it does NOT. You're just saying that because I said your jacket stank."Ed: Stinky hat!Edd: You've got a repulsive empty detachment of cheese in your pocket, Ed!Ed: STINKY HAT!Edd: ODIFEROUS CURDY COAT!Ed: STINKY HAT!Edd: RANCID ROQUEFORT WRAP!Ed: STINKY HAT!Edd: PUNGENT PARMESAN POCKET!Ed: Oh, YEAH?! STINKY HAT!Edd: COAT OF CANTANKEROUS CAMEMBERT!Ed: STINKY HAT!Eddy: SHUT UP!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!
Ed: *sitting in the supply wagon* North to Alaska!
- The mere fact that EDDY is being the Only Sane Man this time around.
- Ed getting his head stuck in the safety goggle strap.
Ed: Comfy?Edd: FILTHY! CRUDDY! SMELLY! (runs off screen, when the camera catches up to him, Edd has somehow set up a decontamination shower and a hazardous waste bin where he disposes of his tainted clothes, with a clean set on standby)
- Edd's increasingly desperate attempts at getting Ed's jacket off due to its horrendous smell, which at one point ends with him lodged INSIDE the jacket.
- Eddy chasing Ed around the pond to take his jacket, with a horse racing horn playing
- Eddy dressing Ed up as a female frog to trick him out of his jacket.
- After FINALLY getting rid of Ed's "lucky cheese", by tossing it into the pond, which ends up killing the fish, it turns out that Ed also has a rotting fish skeleton under his shirt.
- In "Sorry, Wrong Ed," when Rolf and the Eds are fighting over who gets to keep the cursed phone by throwing the phone, Ed's line is the funniest:Ed: Hot potato!
[After a vinyl record flies past Ed and whacks Eddy in the head]Edd: Edward!Ed: Yes, mommy?
- Not to mention them tossing the phone around, with Double D still holding it.
- "Telephones aren't cursed, Eddy! They're PLASTIC!"
- Eddy's way of finally ridding himself of the phone? Gluing it to Jonny's head and running off.
- Pretty much every single one of Ed's lines is comedy gold in this episode:
[Eddy gets sent flying by a spring in his bed then gets trapped in said spring]Ed: (beat) I know where you're going with this, Eddy! [climbs into Eddy's bed] Nighty night!
- Then later:
[An ice cream cart crashes onto Eddy]Ed: [takes the phone] Eddy's in pain now, he'll have to call you back!
- And right after that:
Edd: Calm down, Double D! Think ocean waves! Sea mammals! Arias...Ed: Was that your dark side, Double D?
- After Double D's Rage Breaking Point mentioned above:
[A tree lands on Eddy from out of nowhere]Ed: Good morning, tree!
- And lastly:
- In "Don't Rain on My Ed", Eddy collides into Kevin and accidentally swallows him whole while he was on the way to the candy store. Kevin's response:Kevin: (in Eddy's stomach, his shape visible) No, really, I'm pounding you, dork.
- This later comes back in one of the most triumphant Brick Jokes ever: At one point, Eddy runs underneath Jimmy, who's tending to a garden on a board barely dangling from his roof. Said garden falls just as Eddy passes underneath it... yet, by some miracle, it falls completely around him, with Eddy not even getting so much as a scratch on him. Then what happens?Eddy: Missed me!
*A random piano lands on him from completely out of nowhere*
Kevin: (standing on the roof) That's for gobbin' all over my bike, dork!
- "KANKERS!" "EXTREME CLOSE-UP!"
- The ridiculous difficulty the Eds have of reaching the candy store before it closes; everything seems to go wrong. The real kicker comes when they're just across the street from the store... only for a freak hurricane to start up and the Eds getting caught up in a horde of chickens Rolf is herding through the street.
- Ed's reaction to said chicken drive.Ed: (ecstatic) Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHICKEEEEENNNSS!
- The icing on the cake? Jonny beat the Eds to the candy store, despite having giant TVs strapped to his feet the whole time. Truly, this was one of the most Epic Fails in the Eds' existence.
- This later comes back in one of the most triumphant Brick Jokes ever: At one point, Eddy runs underneath Jimmy, who's tending to a garden on a board barely dangling from his roof. Said garden falls just as Eddy passes underneath it... yet, by some miracle, it falls completely around him, with Eddy not even getting so much as a scratch on him. Then what happens?
- "Run For Your Ed" gives us a handful of hilarious moments:
Kevin: (Opening the fridge door to show Edd and Eddy) I believe this belongs to you?
- Rolf's giant wiener will catch a pretty penny at the market, yes, Victor?
- Kevin's completely deadpan reaction to finding a slumbering Ed in his now-empty refrigerator:
Eddy: (Proceeds to laugh hysterically)
Edd: Oh, Ed! Sleepwalking again??
- Followed immediately by Eddy deciding to use an air horn to wake Ed up, and the big guy's rambling upon waking up.Ed: Private Do-Not-Enter is ready for duty, chief! (Salutes and whacks himself in the head with the ship-in-a-bottle now stuck on his finger)
- The Eds' attempts to get the aforementioned ship-in-a-bottle off Ed's finger, including soap (which doesn't end well thanks to Ed's irrational fear of the "disgusting detergent of the deep") and sticky tape.
- While that's going on, the Kankers are trying to find the ship-in-a-bottle themselves. Mass chaos ensues.Jimmy: I'm scarred for life!
- When the Kankers finally track the bottle to the Eds, Double D stares at them blankly for a moment, looks back at Ed and Eddy in the other room as they try to remove it, then back to the Kankers. Without saying a word, he calmly closes the door on the Kankers, locks and bolts it for good measure...and then:
- "I think that was the Kankers' ship-in-a-bottle Eddy."
- Also, after all that, the Kankers remove the bottle with a simple twist, then leave without molesting the Eds for once. Double D is genuinely confused that things worked out so well. Eddy then discovers that his finger has gotten stuck in the sink faucet. While Edd goes to get some soap, Ed suggests bringing the Kankers...
- Old Rolf in "Take this Ed and Shove It."Rolf: (To Eddy) Hello, Kevin.Eddy: Huh? I'm not Kevin.Rolf: Who is this Kevin you speak of? (Beat) ROLF'S TRACTOR IS NOT FOR SALE!(Cut back to Rolf, staring angrily at Eddy. Rolf steps back smiling, but then suddenly grabs Eddy)Rolf: YOU FOOL! (Rolf sets Eddy down on top of a morbidly obese Wilfred) Rolf does not love you, Nazz girl.Eddy: Okay.Rolf: YOU TAUNT ROLF'S TURNIP, JONNY THE WOOD BOY?! GET OFF ROLF'S PROPERTY BEFORE ROLF GETS HIS BEATING STICK!
- Eddy impersonating several of the Cul-de-Sac kids at the beginning of "Stiff Upper Ed."Eddy: (Dressed as Nazz) That's so totally radi-cool. (Cocks hip and runs off)
Eddy: (Comes back dressed as Kevin, with a cardboard box on his head dressed to resemble Kevin's) Looks like a hoot, and only a quarter to boot. (Runs off)
Eddy: (Comes back dressed as Sarah) I wanna try, I wanna try! How bout you, Jimmy?
(Eddy bends over and turns around to show he's painted Jimmy's face on the seat of his pants)
Eddy: Tee-hee, I'm so cheeky, I'd pay a quarter!
- Edd suggests the Eds can get into Sarah's "Rich Club" by dressing like grandparents, because "Grandparents are rich in experience, and have a wealth of knowledge!" Even Ed can see what a ridiculous idea that is.Ed: Oh, oh, let me Eddy! (to Edd) That is stupid, Double D.
- Ed managing to sink a fake cardboard yacht. The music in the background sounds similar to "Rule Britannia."
- Rolf's ridiculous outfit as "The Duke of Belly-Meats".
- Edd suggests the Eds can get into Sarah's "Rich Club" by dressing like grandparents, because "Grandparents are rich in experience, and have a wealth of knowledge!" Even Ed can see what a ridiculous idea that is.
- When Jimmy tries to pull the quarter off the ground with an eyelash curler in "One of Those Eds", he apparently manages to injure himself badly enough to require a trip to the hospital.Kevin: "Eyelashes ain't the only thing that thing curls!"
- Rolf and the almighty three-shoe beating.
- Eddy's shovel of doom.
- From "Every Which Way But Ed":
- Zappity zap zap!
- When Ed tries to eat the jawbreaker Eddy stole from Jonny, Eddy instead plants a skunk into Ed's mouth.Ed: (tearing up) Spicy.
- The palpable confusion that occurs when the Eds appear in Rolf's flashback in the Old Country after he hijacked Nazz & Kevin's flashback who hijacked Jonny's flashback who hijacked Eddy's.Eddy: How the heck'd we get here!?
- Also Rolf swinging around and singing in his native language counts. Bonus points for the fact that while the other kid's flashbacks had some story to them, Rolf's doesn't.
- Eddy speaking aloud while disguised as Plank; Jonny doesn't suspect a thing, even when "Plank" accidentally puts his head in his mouth!
- In "Cleanliness is Next to Edness", Ed wakes up Eddy for school. When Eddy finds out it was a Saturday and Ed woke him up for no reason, Ed claims it wasn't his fault because his belly told him it was Bottomless Gravy Day. Ed whacks his belly with a flyswatter, yelling "Bad belly!" Eddy proceeds to grab the swatter and whack Ed on his head, driving him into the ground.Eddy: YOUR HEAD'S BOTTOMLESS!
Ed: Let's get that custard out of your belly button, mister!Eddy: Wait, Ed! Let me get a camera!
- Later, Ed is constantly trying to apologize to Eddy. Eddy doesn't really care at that point and just wants to sleep in. Eventually, Eddy tapes what's obviously supposed to be a dirty magazine to the window and tells Ed to "stay". What really makes this one hilarious, however, is the fact that Ed gets the biggest, widest grin on his face while looking at said magazine. (Though it could also just be a really sheepish grin since Eddy called him a "weekend wrecker" right after taping over his face.) Of course, then Edd shows up asking to use Eddy's shower, due to his own being remodeled. Eddy ends up throwing him out of his room.
- At the end of the episode, we get a small peak of Ed's take on a "shower". He drops Double D in a tub of water, then he breaks out a cheese grater.
- "A Fistful Of Ed" has quite a bit, despite being something of a Tear Jerker episode due to how miserable Ed and Edd end up for most of it. One of the funniest moments is Ed temporarily replacing Edd with a painted egg he calls Double G.Ed as Double G: I, Double G, am gentle, unlike that nasty Double D! Shall we talk about fossils and dishsoap?Ed: *at the verge of tears* Double D used to talk about dish soap ALL THE TIME!!
- In "Out With the Old, In With the Ed" when Rolf broke down Edd's door with an AXE, and the kids stampeded away with Edd's school supplies.
- The fact that Edd is less concerned with that and more concerned with the fact that they didn't wipe their feet when they entered.
- Eddy's expressive apron.
- The end of "I am Curious Ed", when the Eds have failed to explain to Jimmy and Sarah where babies come from, Ed delivers this gem of a line:Ed: There there, Double D, it is not your fault you are so useless!"
- The fact he delivers this line whilst smiling is hilarious
- Ed picking up Eddy by the scruff of his neck with his teeth and flying over his house to drop him down the chimney.
- Edd's reaction is to pull up a chair, get out a notepad and pen and ask how Ed did that.
- "Who's Minding the Ed?" had this (yes, it's yet ANOTHER Ed moment):Ed: Ski party a go-go! *Ed and Rolf's animals are on a sled, going down the stairs to Ed's room, Victor bleats* Hot cocoa and potato salad! Who's with me?!
Ed: Cookies at my house, Double-D! With lots of mayonnaise!
- In the same vein at the end of "Too Smart For His Own Ed:"
Edd: That's... not really necessary, Ed.
Rolf: ROLF HAS RETURNED!Eddy: *sounds of pain*(Rolf lifts the door to look at Eddy.)Rolf: Hello, he-who-resembles-a-swollen-thumb Ed-boy. (slams the door on Eddy again)
- Rolf crushing Eddy behind a front door after opening it backwards (as in, he pulls out the hinges along with it instead of bothering to use the doorknob).
Eddy: WHAT ABOUT MY DIFFICULT TIME OF HAVING YOU ON MY BACKS THROUGH THIS WHOLE SHOW?!!
- Ed's Ocular Gusher moment at the end when he finds out that Rolf has already picked up his animals. He cries so much it drenches Eddy and forces Double D to pull out an umbrella.
- At the end, Eddy finally has enough of Ed's neediness and Double D's incessant nagging.
- At the end of "Run Ed Run", the Eds somehow manage to break the sky and cause pieces of it to fall off (don't ask). While Ed is freaking the heck out and desperately trying to both tape the sky back together and hide from Eddy's wrath, Double D is examining the pieces of sky and gushing over what he considers to be an amazing scientific discovery.
- Sarah hitting Nazz with a car in "Truth or Ed", by which we mean she picks up a car out of nowhere and slams it onto her.
- If the headline near the end of the episode is by any indication, the car Sarah used belonged to the school principal, forcing him to ride on the bus.
- Edd recruits Ed into helping with the school newspaper.Edd: Are you ready to take that first step into the exciting world of journalism?
Ed: As long as I don't get any on my shoes, Double D. My mom's got new carpets.
- Eddy's reaction to the lackluster contents of the school newspaper.
- When the Bobby Blabby column claims they found the lost city of Atlantis up Jonny's nose, Rolf just has to check and see for himself.Rolf: Rolf sees no city, only darkness and sesame seeds.
- Ed just can't get Eddy's "Bobby Blabby" moniker right, which eventually culminates in Eddy accidentally exposing his identity in front of all the kids he slandered.Ed: (after Eddy dropped the bag of quarters he was hiding) You dropped your loot, Bibby Boo-boo.
Eddy: THAT'S BOBBY BLABBY, GET IT RIGHT!! (realizes what he just said) ...oops.
- The fake story Eddy made up about Sarah; "Ed's Sister Part of a Secret Chimp Foghorn Race!"Jimmy: Wow, just when you think you know someone!
- The episode "All Eds Are Off" where The Eds, Jonny, Kevin and Rolf all give up their various addictions and personality quirks for a bet (Eddy gives up yelling, Ed gives up gravy, Edd gives up using needlessly advanced words, Kevin gives up using the word "dorks", Rolf gives up meat and Jonny gives up having Plank tell him what to do). None of them lasts longer than Lunch!
- Poor Double D really has to strain himself to use simpler words than what he's used to. He finally breaks down when Eddy vandalizes a dictionary.
- Poor Ed goes through gravy withdrawal, and actually becomes violent when offered mashed potatoes without gravy. It's treated exactly like drug withdrawal, including incessant scratching and mood swings.
- Rolf is reduced to skin and bones just by going without meat for about 4 hours, and becomes so weak he can't bite through a stalk of celery.
- When Kevin finally snaps, he throws his football at Eddy (slamming him into the wall), then shouts various permutations of the word "DORK!" at him. Then Kevin cracks his neck and walks away, saying "Man, that felt good..."
- Jonny completely falls apart without Plank bossing him around, incapable of making even the simplest decision on his own, not even choosing between two sandwiches in the cafeteria. He finally loses his patience & headbutts Eddy after the latter makes conversation with Plank.
- After all that, Ed ends up winning on a technicality. Eddy tempts him with what he thinks is a large canister of gravy, and when Ed jumps him, Eddy claims victory and begins screaming again, only for Ed to surface and reveal it's actually butterscotch pudding - which he is severely allergic to. So good news, he won the 1.25$ they were betting (which he plans on spending on more gravy). Bad news, he's bloated up like roadkill in the sun.
- "May I Have This Ed" (effectively the series finale, not counting The Movie).
- The Ed's reaction to the school dance. Eddy is convinced that they're going to be the kings of the dance, with the help of the date book his brother left him, while Double D is falling apart with adolescent anxiety. Ed doesn't seem to care much either way.
- Even Double D can tell that Eddy's book is really out of date (the slang used in it seems to date back to the 1950's).
- Double D's increasingly desperate attempts at escaping Eddy's "training".
- The opening scene where Eddy and Ed are fighting over a donut and ends up trashing half the hallway lockers.
- For all his bravado, Eddy unravels like a cheap rug at the dance, and ends up trying to hide in the punchbowl, where Kevin finds him.Kevin: WHOA! I almost drank dork-ade!! I'm gonna heave!!!
- Eddy getting punched in the face by Kevin after the former mocks him.Eddy: Ha! Way to get burned, Shovelhead.
- Ed dancing with Rolf's pig Wilfred, and Rolf getting angry about it.Rolf: You must first ask permission if you wish to shimmy-shake the swine!
- Eddy despises the fact his parents enjoy giving him nothing but clothes for Christmas (possibly as punishment for being a brat). In the Christmas special, he raids his Christmas stash early, takes great pains to carefully open his first gift without leaving any hints that he was there, and is incredulous when he finds not just clothes, but:Eddy: A dickie?? They still make these??
- After that, he shreds every gift open like a demented raccoon, not caring if he gets in trouble, probably to let his folks know he's not on board with this treatment anymore.
- In "No Speak Da Ed," Eddy attempting to buy jawbreakers with foreign money. He gets thrown out of the candy store, along with his money. It apparently never occured to Eddy to get the currency exchanged to USD. He got the money scamming his school-mandated penpal from Korea, so presumably, the money he got was either North Korean or South Korean WON, it's not specified which. Granted, neither is worth much compared to the dollar, but considering the amount he got, it should be worth a few bucks atleast.
(as a still image of outside goes through phases of the day/night cycle)
- Later, Rolf kidnaps Ed and his friends when they try to save him, and tortures Ed all night to make him reveal what he knows. The problem is Ed knows nothing and he isn't phased at all by the torture (which is being repeatedly dunked in an unpleasant mixture). It goes on all night and yet by the end of it, Rolf seems to be the one who was tortured.
Rolf: (mad) Talk Ed-Boy!
Ed: Hi Rolf!
Rolf: (mad) Talk I say!
Ed: Hi Rolf!
Rolf: (tired) Talk, you son-of-a-gun!
Ed: Hi Rolf!
Rolf: (begging) Please, talk.
Ed: Hi Rolf!
Rolf: (exhausted) The Ed-boy's fortitude is to be admired.
Ed: Hi Rolf!
- In "Hanky Panky Hullabaloo," when Eddy is behind his kissing booth, he puckers up his lips, only to find Kevin instead of another girl (Kevin is there to give him an infraction because his booth blocking off the lockers).Eddy: In your dreams!
- Eddy's only other customer? Ed.
- At the end, Ed sums up what he's learned from the experience: "Love is like an onion, Double D: The more you peel away its layers, the more it stinks."
- Jonny's spectacularly botched attempt to drop in through Rolf's chimney in "The Eds Are Coming".