Per wiki policy, Spoilers Off applies here and all spoilers are unmarked. You Have Been Warned.General
- Alain's tendencies to have retreating strategies. During the main screen, he could say that he mapped out the exits or have completed retreat preparations.
- The 5-star wyrmprint "Luca's Prank" depicts Luca tricking Eleonora into opening a chest containing a fiend. The refined version has her chase him.
- Halloween Althemia sometimes shouts For Science! when she performs a Dash Attack and says "bleh" like a vampire when she rolls. Her actor's delivery is what sells them.
- After giving Ifrit a gift, he may say this as he gives you something in return:"Hey, look at Mr. Deep Pockets over here!"
- Promoting Melody's rarity from 4 to 5 gives this line from her:"I-I did it! I'm finally a real mai—Aaaaaaah who put stairs heeeeeere?"
- Nintendo releases Dragalia Digest for version 1.6. As Notte wraps up the presentation, Feh crashes the video with her cameo as part of a crossover announcement.
- What does this game do for April Fool's Day? Give Notte her own Bullet Hell shooter segment in "Notte's Slumber Shot!" The game makes it very clear that it's All Just a Dream.
- Valentine's Ezelith shouts, "Behold, my genius!" when performing a Dash Attack. It's the performance that sells it.
- There are times when a character says something amusing when opening a chest.
- When breaking open a chest, Marth may express surprise that they didn't need a key to open it. For Fridge Brilliance, in many Fire Emblem games, chests in map cannot be opened unless the player uses a Chest Key or have a thief with a pickpocket skill.
- Some comment that they seek something relevant to them, even if they make little sense. Veronica would hope that a Hero popped out of the chest or hope for some tea, Lin You would hope it's meat buns, Su Fang would hope for pyroblossom materials, Fleur would hope it's art supplies or a smock, Yue would hope to find meat, Gala Luca would hope there are apples, or Jiang Ziya would hope for Qilin relics.
- One of Alex's lines has her ask who would leave their treasure out in the open.
- One of Natalie's treasure lines has a priceless delivery.Natalie: Aaaand...yoink!
- One of Chrom's treasure lines has him wish the chest was a reeking box insteadnote .
- When viewing the castle grounds, it is possible for Louise to call out to Lowen asking where he is while he's right next to her.
- The "Hitting the Books" wyrmprint sees Brunhilda attempting to study in a library. Skipping forward two uncaps later and said library is on fire.
- For the 1-year anniversary, adventurers have some special voice lines. Orsem, meanwhile..."Let's celebrate by...How do you know I was going to say 'skating'?"
- The second year of Halloween follows the anniversary's footsteps and gives adventurers special lines. Some highlights include:
"Wait, that's not how it works."
- Patia preps for pranking her commander Leif. The "Charge!" at the end sells it.
- Karl wants to bring justice to prankers, but...
- Renee threatens with a bucket of water if she doesn't get a treat.
- Emma prefers "Trick or Cheer".
- Erik threatens with "Your treats or your life", then admits he's just teasing you.
- Fritz asks about your favorite tricks...and if they involve knives.
- Su Fang recalls annoying his father with firecrackers.
- Celliera says, "Trick or Training! Which will it be? Getting pranked or one of my lessons?
- Zardin says he'll be trick or treating as himself. Again.
- Ieyasu and Sazanka remark about "Trick or Treat" like it was an incantation.
- The Mercurial Gauntlet banner involves Euden and Fafnir Roy III and the banner accumulating treasure over time. At some point (roughly before the combined level of 55), Elisanne will stumble in looking completely bewildered, as if wondering where the hell all this treasure came from, because according to the story, only Euden can see the treasury's guardian.
- Whenever Hanabusa gets stressed, he makes a hilarious face that looks like he's really constipated. The thing is, Hanabusa gets stressed very easily, so this face shows up everywhere. It's his portrait during quests instead of his neutral expression and he makes this face after a quest is completed.
- One home screen scene has Althemia saying to herself how everyone's around the same age. Takes a turn for the funny if the scene also has a young adventurer (like Amane or Lowen), an elderly adventurer (like Ryozen or Cassandra), and one who could fit in the Really 700 Years Old category (like Cleo or Mym).
- Cassandra can occasionally refer to her teammates as "youngsters" during missions...even when she has teammates about as old as her or older.
- One of Berserker's home screen lines as his Monster Hunter variant references the desire sensornote . This doesn't go unnoticed by Monster Hunter veterans.Berserker: The more I desire a certain material, the more it escapes my grasp!
- If your teammates are properly equipped or if an action is performed that fills a lot of the shapeshift gauge, such as destroying a Chimera's weak point, almost everybody can shapeshift at the same time. While the sight of High Midgardsormr or a tough Void Battle or such surrounded by dragons may evoke something else entirely for some, there's also something that's just almost innately comical about seeing several dragons huddled around a boss, bludgeoning it in a manner that almost appears to be a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown.
- Since Pipple's advent, he's been an invaluable ally in Flame based quests, being used for everything from the Smoldering Manticore to High Brunhilda. Since he's a sentient vegetable, yet still powerful enough to take down dragons, for the bosses, it'd be like fighting a potato...and losing.
- The April Fool's Day 2020 event, Wagabond Pupper, has a sandbox stage called Walkies that allows you to take pics of any adventurer with the puppy. Some examples of how people play with it.
- Durant teaching it to be his new hound.
- Mega Man training it like it's Rush.
- Pipple being jealous there's something cuter than him.
- As your bond with the puppy grows, it gives you Half-eaten Bread. The maximum amount it gives you? 123. Yep, Cygames referenced the infamous 123 Bread glitch that used to be in the game.
- Shared Skills have the controlled Adventurer perform the skill themselves instead of summoning the original character to do it, meaning some of the more ridiculous skills like Emma's Pom-Pom Pump, where the user dances with pom-poms, can be performed by anyone, from graceful ladies to manly warriors.
- The wyrmprint "Such High Spirits!" has Maritimus lounging while the Terrible Trio makes a sandcastle. In the background is Ebisu fishing from the dock...and falling over after snagging a big one in the refined version.
- Elisanne just doesn't want to admit that her hobby is collecting cute animal dolls.
- When Luca and the Prince set out to gather food in Luca's story, the Prince finds chuckleberries, which cause one to laugh uncontrollably upon consumption. That gave Luca the idea to bake them in a pie as a prank. This backfires when Sarisse orders him to test the food before serving.
- The heroes meet Orsem when he beats them to a purse snatcher they're pursuing. Upon catching the thief, he dramatically declares (to the thief, since he's the only one listening) that he's an adventurer who travels the world to promote the ideals of ice skating. The thief's stunned response?"I know those words, but they don't make sense in that order."
- Edward shows up on your castle's doorstep to offer service as a butler out of nowhere. Cleo and Ranzal suggest the Prince to take him in on the spot, only to quickly make themselves scarce when Edward starts bossing them around the castle like a strict secretary.
- Estelle's introduction. Having a priest threatening Euden based on a rumor of indecency with woman in castle is hilarious enough. But what's even more funny are Cleo and Elisanne's curious reaction to Euden's response:Euden: "There's nothing special between Cleo or Elisanne and myself. We're just friends."
Cleo & Elisanne: ...?!
Cleo: "Hmph. Is that so?"
Elisanne:"Nothing...special...? I...I see..."
Euden:"Did the temperature just drop...?"
- During the second part of her story, Ranzal asks Xania if she can do party favors since he wants to impress the crowd. She says that she doesn't, but offers to have him do animal impressions, and makes him imitate a frog. Cue Ranzal ribbiting away.
- In his story, Rawn quickly sees the Prince as a friend as the latter is friends with a bear. By bear, he meant Ranzal, to Ranzal's dismay.
- Later on in Rawn's story, he tries to imitate Notte by... hopping around attempting to simulate her flight.
- The castle story Plunder Pals focuses on Maribelle, Notte, and Karina trick-or-treating around the castle. The pranks they perform include:
- The group pilfering the food Vice and Xainfried were cooking for dinner.
- Maribelle fiddling with Ryozen and Raemond's game of chess and preventing Raemond's checkmate.
- Notte interfering with Verica's fortune-telling for Philia.
- Karina distracting Estelle with word of the Prince in costume so the group can avoid Estelle's Loving Hand.
- Lucretia's story starts as an escalation of laughter. Her first episode has her quitting her singing career while hoping to help the prince in some way. Except she didn't formally quit her career, she kept her scheduled appearances open and left her orchestra partners hanging. Her second episode has her causing extreme amounts of disaster in doing chores because her servants were the ones doing them in her life, causing Cleo to ban her from doing any more chores.
- Near the end of Zace's story he admires Elisanne from a distance and mutters "How beautiful" under his breath. Notte and Ransal overhear this and tell Zane he should tell her his feelings. He's rejected and when asked what he said he said that he admired qualities of Elisanne's skeleton! He then compliments Notte's coccyx, which is her BUTT. When Notte demands where he saw her naked he says clothes are no obstacle in him admiring another person's bones creeping Notte out.
- In final episode of Alex's story, she takes in orphans from the streets to try and give them better live in Halidom. Upon arrival, Ranzal and Luca play with children that arrived previously by pretending to be fiends coming to steal food.Ranzal & Luca: (getting picked on by the children) "They're too strong! They got us! Noooo!"
Elder Orphan Brother: "What are those weirdos doing?"
- Odetta getting excited over new things she hasn't seen before in Halidom, including... Cleo's painting from Cleo's own story episode. The Sylvian keeper can't help but questions why is it suddenly there.
- Philia believes in the concept of fate, so much so that she falls into Love at First Sight when she bumped into the Prince by accident and follows him everywhere. Naturally, the Prince tries to avoid her one morning by heading out on patrol early... except that a bird came down on Philia's shoulder, giving her a hint of where he is.
- Gala Mym's adventurer stories have her fantasizing about a married life with the prince. The rest of the main cast stand in for various other characters, like "Groom's Friend", "Vendor", and "Horse". Her delusions also begin with a disclaimer that everything is made up, and even that gets a bit short with each subsequent episode.
- The first chapter sets the bar for hilarity with the imagined wedding ceremony, with Cleo as the Priest, Notte as the Groom's Mother, Luca and Elisanne as the Groom's Friends, and Ranzal as the Horse. The Groom's Mother expresses how she might like the bride more than her "own child" while the Groom's female Friend vehemently objects to the union and expresses her RAAAAAAAAAGE! Mym seems to not notice her rage and is instead worried that there's no bouquet of flowers to throw, using the Groom's male Friend as a substitute and throws him at her. Euden then gushes that he has a wife that hurls his friends around the room.
- The first chapter of Nurse Aeleen's story proves that her choice to Pursue the Dream Job as a nurse doesn't affect her alter ego in the slightest. She desires to support from the sidelines, only to find herself clobbering a fiend in true Aeleen fashion while tending a patient, to the others' surprise.
- The second part of Yulong's dragon story ends in a non-sequitur, with Xuan Zang calling out Wu Kong for making up the story that was told about the dragon.
- At the third episode of Veronica's adventurer story, the Prince and Luca both try to make Veronica feel better after hearing she has an elder brother. They are quite devastated on how their attempts that usually were effective on their own sisters had no effect on her. In a desperate attempt, Luca had this to say:Luca: Alfonse! You're ALSO an older brother, right? Because in that case, it's time for a Triple Brother Offensive!
Alfonse: It's true that my sister is younger than I, but... Er...
- Chapter 2 of Gala Cleo's story has her training her stamina, but it turns out she's quite weak. She nearly passes out running 3 laps around the Halidom...out of 100. Ranzal then instead offers her a jump rope, but she gets tangled up in it doing ONE. Elisanne offers to help her with calisthenics, but she ends up with a charlie horse on her third one.
- Part 1 of Maritimus's Halloween story contains these highlights:
- Maritimus wants to prep for Halloween, but due to the work involved, he wishes there's three more of him. In comes the Terrible Trio, consisting of three mini Maritimuses, crashing through a window.
- Once the prep begins, the story makes note of a missing marshmallow, and insists that the reader must not tell, implying that someone snuck in a little snack.
- Episode 1 of Mitsuhide's adventurer story has the three wyrmclan leaders revealed at that point discussing matters over tea. Ieyasu poses a question regarding what makes a quality for a ruler. Nobunaga's response? The strength to guide the people. Ieyasu's? Unwavering rightousness. Mitsuhide's? Chilling out.
- After the Prince forms a pact with Brunhilda, the Firewyrm decides to transform into a more fitting form for her new pact bearer: an incredibly attractive woman that immediately flirts with the Prince. The Prince is completely dumbfounded by this, as is the rest of the party.
- One of extra mission nodes has Notte talking with Brunhilda about the Prince's boundless kindness. Cue Brunhilda faking injuries out loud, only for the Prince to drop by and instruct Cleo to heal her. Then Cleo gives Brunhilda a pair of Prince's old gloves to 'heal her wounded heart'.
- A little bit later you find out a little gem about Dragons. They are not suppose to shapeshift like that and no one understands why Brunhilda can.
- Some months after the game's release, Brunhilda became a playable adventurer.
- During a side episode of Chapter 9, Cleo obtains a bag containing a dress that she tried on for Chelle's party. She gets two Imagine Spots about what it would be like to be of nobility...only for her servitude mannerisms to interfere. The first one has her at a table full of food with her attendant...with the food served in front of her to be her own cooking. The second has her talking down to what she called "trash"...which happens to be actual trash.
- Despite how the confrontation in Chapter 14 wound up being anticlimactic, there is something amusing in witnessing how the great and powerful Morsayati easily being foiled by Beren, who proceeded to hijack the possession ritual and absorb the demon into him and claiming his power for his own. And as Phares puts it, the being that once instilled fear and terror into Alberia being reduced into a simple tool to be used.
- Trick or Treasure sees some shenanigans, including:
- Luca and Ranzal going trick-or-treating, although they were too early according to Cleo.
- Althemia trying to deliver a pumpkin...and crashes.
- The ending shows that Emile was the one who painted the symbol that draws in the fiends. It does cause problem for sure, but the mental image of a noble prince resorting to childish graffiti pranks can comes off as hilariously pathetic.
- Emile even tries to paint another sigil to attract more fiends... only to accidentally spill the ink on Silke's Halloween costume. He goes on to berate her, claiming she got in his way, but Silke gets rightfully angry because her costume, the one her Prince complimented on, got tainted, thus she magically punts Emile as he becomes naught but a twinkle in the night sky.
- The Miracle of Dragonyule
- The event, which began at the end of 2018, begins with Euden planning for new year festival only for Xander to blow the funding on a statue of himself. The reaction from Cleo and Nefaria says it all.
- Jeanne D'Arc wounds up wearing a cute dress by getting dragged into it by Mym. Jeanne is clearly flustered by her fellow dragon's insistence to celebrate Dragonyule.
- Shishimai's entrance during his raid boss battle. He leaps around the edge of the ring before dropping into the arena. He opens his mouth, and instead of a roar, a deep voice booms "Let the games begin!".
- In Accursed Archives, Curran is shown to flub up some quotes constantly. One notable messup has him say "...just like beauty, heretics is in the eye of the buttholder."* That didn't go unnoticed by Notte, who lampshaded his goof.
- The best of this is the voiced quote on the home screen during the Stirring Shadows event after unlocking the last story scene, where he mangles his quote twice over. "No need to thank me, Lathna; a man worth his pepper* always helps a damsel in this dress* ."
- Fire Emblem: Lost Heroes: When Alfonse tells the Prince's group about Loki and how she is a Master of Disguise, Ranzal assumes she has an extravagant wardrobe of wigs and assorted disguises. Note that Loki is a rather busty woman, and she was found masquerading as the prepubescent Veronica, making Ranzal's guess look very farfetched.
- In "A Splash of Adventure," the group push a large boulder that leads them into the dragon Erasmus's cave. When he asks how they moved his boulder, Ranzal says they pushed the boulder only for the dragon to be surprised they used physical strength and not use the secret button.Notte: THERE WAS A MAGIC MOVER SWITCH THIS WHOLE TIME?!
- "Mega Man Chaos Protocol" brings quite a few nods to the Mega Man series. Even Dr. Wily's begging-for-forgiveness pose gets carried over, both in his battle once he's defeated and in a collectible sticker!
- In "Monster Hunter: Primal Crisis", during the battle against Fatalis, Notte tries to give a cheer. Key word being "tries." And bless her little heart, she tries her best to make it sound like a proper cheer.Notte: You can do it, yes you can! If you can't do it, we're all... dead!
- Nadine and Linnea's United Front is basically the two titular girls getting into wacky hijinks as they defend a local lake from the Empire. Nadine's method of "torturing" a captured Imperial captain in particular is an absolute riot - after he declares that he won't break under torture, she takes a picture of him, and edits the pic to make him look Moe. He genuinely likes it... But when she tells him that she'll show it to everyone else, including his own men, he spills the beans rather than risk the utter annihilation of his dignity.
Dragalia Life Comics
- #1 has the main party characters imaging what the Windwyrm (Midgardsormr) looks like. Notte hopes it's a cool and strong dragon, taking on the form of Agni. Zethia hopes for a beautiful and kind dragon, taking on the form of Poli'ahu, Euden (the Prince) thinks of a doll-sized animal he can cuddle, the Cynder Drake. Bonus points for the description sounding suspiciously like a certain lizard from another Cygames mobage...
- #14 is about Celliera taking Luca out for training. When he gets back, he's bulging with muscles and also taller than everyone to Euden's horror. Turns out he was having a nightmare while Celliera and Luca are by the fire.Celliera: Aww, Euden's dreaming about doing drills with me! He must really love training!
Luca: Somehow I doubt that's it...
- #51 is a New Year's comic that's loaded with a Hurricane of Puns that makes Notte groan.Ranzal: Fish for New Year's? That's what I call...SOLE food!
Luca: I wouldn't...BREAM of eating anything else!
Elisanne: I had never eaten mochi before, but this is quite...RICE!
Cleo: I've heard bad food puns before, but this one...takes the CAKE!
Notte: Aw, not you guys too!
Mym: Oh don't be so serious, Notte! If you keep whining like that, this'll become a...New Year's BRAY!
Notte: If you guys don't stop, I'm gonna PUN-ish you all!
- This strip is also where the face for Notte's "BOOM!" sticker comes from.
- #67 has Thaniel overhearing Euden tell Cleo that he wants fish for dinner, so he goes out to a lake looking to catch a proper big fish for dinner. After so many catches, he ends up catching a giant fish that would make Goku proud! Of course by the time he gets it back, they already ate.
- #72 has Euden's reaction to having Wellspring Imp taken away and told to feed Ranzal instead, the last panel showing an exaggerated sad face.
- #88 has Euden woken up by Edward who proceeds to smother Euden with his own Long List of all his minutiae from mealtime to security. While running him down the hall, Euden says to slow down or someone's gonna get hurt. That someone ends up being Edward slipping on a Banana Peel, leading to a Cranial Eruption.
- Has a voiced dub by Euden and Edward's English voice actors, Victor Hunter and Graham Hamilton.
- #103 has Cibella training and Celliera overhears her. Soon as Euden does, the memory of Buff Luca comes back to haunt him, only now joined by Cibella who's strong enough to crush iron. He's doing his best to talk her out of it.
- #122 has Thaniel and Musashi catching fish for Cleo. Musashi has more than Thaniel, prompting the navy officer to propose a contest with the samurai...until Erik pops out of the water with a GIANT FISH!
- #133 has Summer Celiera and Luca playing a watermelon smashing game. In her case, she does it blindfolded while he tosses the melon her way. She gives it a homerun smash to Luca's surprise. While he protests that's not how the game's played, she says if it splats when it lands, she wins.
- #142 has Mym attempt another plan to get Euden to sleep with her - rather than assume a human form (which Euden is uncomfortable sharing a bed with for obvious reasons), she instead takes on an adorable version of her dragon form, which Euden has a hard time resisting. It almost works... Only for the commotion to attract the attention of the Drakes, who are also cute as a button, and Euden ends up sharing his bed with all of them, to Mym's dismay.
- #152 and 153 has Luca starting a chain of other heroes doing In the Name of the Moon for when they transform into dragons. Euden's surprised that Midgardsormr's going along with it, but he thinks it's not so bad to the prince's surprise. The next strip has Linus doing his own for Jeanne d'Arc and Euden trying his own for Brunhilda. When it comes to Curran summoning Nyarlathotep, he gets his name wrong and says Gnarly Toestep which Euden and Heinwald saw coming. Even the Eldritch Abomination is asking, in his own verbose way, if he has to come out if Curran summons him that way. Cleo says not to try it in an actual battle.
- #225 shows Bellina becoming aware of these shenanigans. She seems outraged at first... Until she starts doing her own incantations as well just to show up everyone else.
- #179 shows Durant takes his wolves' cleanliness as Serious Business and not because he's an animal loving softie.
- A dub of the comic was done by both English voice actors for Euden and Durant, Victor Hunter and Deven Mack.
- #187 involves explaining why dragons appreciate certain gifts provided even when they aren't food (mainly because they're shiny). Except Juggernaut. He doesn't realize a Kaleidoscope isn't food until he overhears Euden saying it isn't.
- #199 has Jupiter finally take on a human form... Nah, not really, he's just holding a picture of what he'd look like in front of his face, much to Ranzal's confusion. Problem is, his beak taps against the sign when he speaks, until he ends up breaking it out of frustration. It seems he needs to suck up his pride and let Brunhilda teach him how to shapeshift.
- #212 has Laranoa introducing Durant to her dog Rolf and asks if he can make friends with his hounds. He asks if she's the kind of weirdo who names her wolves while she thinks having no names makes it hard so she calls the white and gray hounds Spot and Rover respectively. He tries to yell at her not to give them names, but they like them.
- A dubbed version of the comic as done by Durant and Laranoa's English voice actors, Deven Mack and Cobra Ramone.
- #275 has Curran and Lathna at the Quinbell festival when they see Nyarlathotep selling candy apples to guests. Curran is more upset that the Crawling Chaos itself is selling apples to customers, which gets Natalie yelling at him if he has a problem with her employee while Gnarly says they're sad, which Curran thinks are Crocodile Tears. Curran is made to work the stall in Nyar's place, especially after Heinwald points out he's being taken advantage of.
- #1 details the element system and uses Euden and Ellisanne as an example by pointing out that Elisanne would effortlessly destroy Euden. The way Notte drew it out on the chalkboard, with Elisanne sitting on top of Euden's back while he's on all fours with a dominant grin on her face, prompted a scandalized Elly to break the board and shouting she would never do such a thing.
- #10 has Notte find out that Euden hasn't linked his progress to his Nintendo account and demands him to do so before it's too late. Euden says he'll have plenty of time just before witnessing Luca getting his phone eaten by a dragon. Upon which, Luca reveals he didn't even know about linking, resulting in Euden immediately linking his account. Following text says "Link your save to a Nintendo account and protect your data from hungry dragons".