Doom³, DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal have their own pages here, here and here, respectively.
All spoilers below are unmarked, per Spoilers Off. You Have Been Warned.
- The infamous Nightmare! difficulty wasn't in the original release of the game. People who beat it actually started complaining to Id that Ultra-Violence was It's Easy, So It Sucks! for the hardest difficulty, so the devs took them up on their challenge on patches and future re-releases with a difficulty that isn't even remotely fair.
- The DOOM Wiki's page on the Doomguy had this little gem:
"The introduction of "jump" and "duck" controls in source ports such as ZDoom and Skulltag, although not canon, seem to quash the widespread rumours
of the 1990s that the Doom marine was a paraplegic
transporting himself by a rocket -powered wheelchair
- While seeing demons fight among themselves, due to one party's bad aim hitting another, is amusing on its own, it takes the humor up to eleven when a demon manages to hurt itself. If a demon manages to blow up a barrel, injuring itself in the process, it becomes both the victim and the attacker. The result? The demon attacks itself until it dies.
- The official Hand Wave for demons infighting with each other is just that "Hell is chaotic". Simple, but somehow the most believable theory you could think up.
- During the first-person sequence, Reaper takes a blind corner and comes face to face with a possessed researcher who starts to gloat with an Evil Laugh. Reaper puts the muzzle of his weapon under the guy's chin and calmly blows his face off in mid-laugh before moving along.
- After Sarge uses the BFG on a monster, he reacts with "holy shit!" in a way only Dwayne Johnson can.
- The comic book in its entirety. Special mentions go to:
- "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid Imp! You're stupid! And you're gonna be stupid and dead!"
- "Imps? Zombies? You think you can get me?!? (Thinks to himself) Wait. Maybe they don't think. (Starts yelling) Well I do! And I think you're dead! Dead! Dead! DEAD!"
- "Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have HUGE GUTS! RIP AND TEAR! Oooh, here comes the night train! Choo choo CHA-BOOGIE!"
- "Knock knock who's there? ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME"
- "Aah! Chainsaw! The Great Communicator!"
- "Now I'm RADIOACTIVE! That can't be good!"
- "Mine eyes can but weep as they bear witness to the majesty...The BFG 9000!"
- Meta. This summary about the comic written by Doomworld.
- In the Doom games, you've killed and gibbed hordes of demons with an array of death-dealing weapons...but it's quite hard not to laugh at the idea of killing them with a tiny, freaking ball of steel! Especially when you can hear their humorous groans of agony and see numbers popping up showing how many points you scored per hit.
- When you accomplish something significant, like beating a mission, you can see the Doom Slayer dancing on the left side of the table. Consider how you don't get to see this in the original source material because it's played in first person.
- The UAC facility address may say some funny things that you can only hear in the pinball adaptation - like "Ball temperature critical" when the ball is heated up by the reactor meltdown and turned into a deadly weapon that can crush drop targets, or "I am not a supply drone" when you nudge the table.
- During the climatic showdown against the Cyberdemon you've worked hard to get to, you'd probably wonder how would it be so that the Cyberdemon sounds a little like Cookie Monster every time you damage him.