- After being rescued, Ian is less than convinced the very young-looking man standing before him could be the Doctor. For his part, the Doctor isn't in an altogether good mood for not being recognized.The Doctor: Oh, thank you, Ian blinking Chesterton, still stubborn as a mule, still denying the truth even when it's dancing the rumba on the top of his thick skull!Ian: The real Doctor's insults were far more articulate than that!The Doctor: Give me a minute, I'll find my Thesaurus!
- As Barbara breaks up the fight, she can't help but note the whole situation feels very familiar.
- As the Doctor and Ian confront the Prometheans, the Doctor starts going into a speech...only for Lynk to interrupt him mid-sentence by swooping in for a poorly timed Big Damn Heroes moment.The Doctor: (as a pair of grapplers catch him and pull him to safety) WAIT I WASN'T FINISHHHED!!!
- Later, when the Doctor tells Ian about how it was his positive influence that convinced him to take on more human companions during his adventures.The Doctor: After you left, I began taking other human companions with me.
- At Ian and Barbara's wedding party Ian can be seen in the background, doing his famous "one hand in the air" dance.
Funny / Doctor Who Magazine 456-461 "Hunters of the Burning Stone"