- Meet Lenina Huxley, mistress of the malaproper."He finally matched his meet. You really licked his ass!"
- President Schwarzenegger Library, to begin with. In real life, Arnold Schwarzenegger has held political office note and, in 2013, DID actually lobby for an amendment which WOULD allow him to run for President!
- Any time the swear-machine goes off, leading to...Cocteau: Be well.Spartan: Be fucked.Machine: John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute—Spartan: *Shoots the machine, making Associate Bob faint*
Huxley: (under her breath) Sanctimonius asshole.Machine: Lenina Huxley, you are fined one-half credit for a sotto voce violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
- Spartan gets caught in a loop where every time he's issued a fine, he swears, and is issued another fine...
- And proof of Developers' Foresight in future San Angeles:
- Phoenix opens a manhole and..."Shit! I LOVE that smell! Reminds me of biscuits and gravy!"
- Phoenix argues with a computer about using a "phaser gun" when two museum guards walk up to him and try to politely ask him to stop. Of course, Phoenix just shoots them. Without looking at them or pausing his conversation with the computer.Phoenix: So, what, it needs batteries? What size? I mean, where the fuck do you find batteries in the future?Machine: (faintly) You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute...
- Phoenix's new "phaser gun" finishes charging mid-fight with Spartan, so he immediately uses it; cue massive explosion and Simon Phoenix forgetting everything to Squee! over his new toy.
- Really, a fair bit of Phoenix's screen time is hilarious; it's hard to remember how much of a monster he is because he's just so damn funny.
- The statement of a little girl that Spartan saved while blowing up a mini-mall in the process.Reporter: How can you justify destroying a $7 million mini mall to rescue a girl whose ransom was only $25,000?Girl: Fuck you, lady!Spartan: *impressed* ...Good answer!
- There's also the part where Spartan crashes in the futuristic police car.Spartan: Brake. Brake! BRAKE NOW, YOU MICKEY MOUSE PIECE OF SHIIIIIIT!
- And Spartan exploiting the Swear-O-Meters for toilet paper because he can't figure out those damned seashells.Spartan: Thanks a lot, you shit-brained, fuck-faced, ball-breaking, duck-fucking pain in the ass.
- And who else does the Swear-O-Meter catch, besides Spartan and Phoenix?Huxley: *muttering* Sanctimonious asshole.Computer: Lenina Huxley, you are fined one-half credit for a sotto voce violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
- And who else does the Swear-O-Meter catch, besides Spartan and Phoenix?
- Spartan, upon being informed that his uniform is torn after a fight.Huxley: Look at you, you're in shambles!Spartan: Don't worry, I can fix it. All I need is a needle and thread.Huxley: (nods) Oh.Spartan: I really didn't say that, did I? Damn it!
- This pays off an earlier joke that one of the cryogenic skills Spartan assimilated while frozen was knitting.
- "You're on TV!!" *television!* Such a corny line, and yet there's nothing better you can possibly yell before smacking someone with a TV set (just ahead of "Watch this!").
- Spartan meets Edgar Friendly face to face in the sewers and Edgar explains Cocteau's problem with him.Edgar: "You see, according to Cocteau's plan, I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I WANT high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-o all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener"."
- Rob Schneider's character answering a 911 call in a Funny Foreground Event: "Greetings and salutations. Welcome to the San Angeles Emergency Line. If you would like an automated response, please press '1' now."
- The scene where Phoenix first uses a computer. The man using it before him tells the computer that he feels that nobody likes him, the computer gives him spirit-lifting compliments. Then Phoenix grabs him and pushed him out of the way, making him bump into a couple of ladies. The man Apologizes a Lot, but the women shake their heads at him as if he's the rudest person they know.
- Then Phoenix starts racking up "Verbal Morality Violations", eventually beeping angrily right back at the machine.
- Finding out which fast food chain won the sole victor of the so-called "Franchise Wars", leaving it the only restaurant chain left in existence. In the American version it's Taco Bell, in international versions it was Pizza Hut, in other versions its name is a mystery. The notion all by itself, even in the year of this film's release, is too absurd not to laugh at.
- Future sex. It's not as fun as the real thing.Huxley: You mean fluid transfer!?
Huxley: "You are a savage creature, John Spartan, and I wish you to leave my domicile now."*indignantly points at the door and stomps her foot like a 6-year-old*Spartan: "I... You—"*Huxley silently repeats the same gesture again*
- Followed by her kicking Spartan out of her apartment, in the least literal way possible:
- Officer Alfredo Garcia happily joining Edgar Friendly and the Scraps.Garcia: (happily cheering) Fuckin' A!
- Spartan becomes impressed with Garcia.
Funny / Demolition Man