- When the school's power goes out, the kids are told to stay where they are. They all immediately ignore the warning and go off exploring.
- In the same vein, the following day sees over 30 of the students Skipping School to go about their superpower business. Especially funny when Finn, who has reason to leave school since he was expelled, believes that he can't investigate any of the others because they'd all be in class.
- Zia tells the others not to use a guitar to break one of the school windows. Sebastian misses the point and tries to use a chair instead.
- Hyeon, with no idea what's going on, happening across Ivy while she's panicking and giving her a blithe shove. Everyone else in the scene is horrified and he has no clue why.
- Hyeon playing chicken with a teacher that can't hear him:Hyeon: Yo, Mr. C, dont do or say anything if its cool we all just get a passing grade a week from now.Mr. Claremont: [says nothing]Hyeon: Just stand there, if its alright to jack your journal thing and read it aloud in class.Mr. Claremont: [still says nothing]Hyeon: I was also thinking of taking copies of the answer key and selling them in the parking lot. That cool? Silence for yes~
- When the smoke snakes first attack one of the groups- Ciro stops and tries to save someone else, Hyeon attacks them, and Ivy? Ivy immediately gets the fuck out of dodge.
- Simon's reaction when Mirielle asks him what's happening in the school:"You know what? Y-you know what, why don't you tell me what's happening? Why don't you step out there, soak in all of that nightmare nonsense, and report back what you make of the current state of reality, because I do not have the time or the god damned wherewithal to process this mess and adequately distill fact from freaking fantasy just yet."
[slumps down, eats a piece of bread]
"This is very nice."
- The Mundane Made Awesome way in which Ivy helping Mirielle off the floor is described:Ivy was distracted from her brave attempt at saving Mirielle's life by Simon.
- Hyeon's attempted matchmaking between Abby and Ciro, much to Abby's indifference and Ciro's mortification.
- Finn's 'brilliant gambit' to catch Zia's attention:Brayne. Hey, Brayne. Brayne, over here. BRAAAAAAAAYNE! HEEEEEEEY!
- Kwang's inability to say anything besides 'Mom' offers a few laughs.Kwang: [sees Benedict] Mom?Hyeon: Nope, not him either.
- An offhand comment from Sebastian sends a Jerk Jock into a spiraling existential crisis as he realises that he has no worth as a person outside of his sports team. His horrified realisation is interrupted by Jessica telling him to piss off.
- When Daigo is asked a question and goes into an Inner Monologue rather than answer it.Kev, Devin and Melissa exchanged confused looks as Daigo kept on thinking very hard about something.
- A small group of the kids band together to covertly meet with Crispin and ask him some questions about his book. The 'covert' part quickly falls apart when Ivy (at a loss for what to do) shouts to get his attention. By the end of the scene they're forced to kidnap him while Jenna swarms around in a panic and Ivy creates an EMP gun to wipe out the phones of all witnesses.
- After kidnapping Crispin, Jenna realises that she's naked and screams at the others not to look at her. The thing is, Jenna is made of bugs. The others stare blankly at her, not realising why she's freaking out.
- The topic of superpowers is accidentally brought up in front of the non-powered Vanessa. Lenore, Ciro, and Michal panic as it seems like their secret has been exposed... until Vanessa starts laughing, taking their talk of 'smoke' to mean that they've been getting high.
- Emmanuel interrupting Simon's transition into the Dark Dragon.Emmanuel: Okay, was that laughing?! I know that was laughing!Dark Dragon: [thinking] WHOTHEF-
- There's a bit of Black Comedy with how blase Jessica treats the injured nurse.Destiny: We're just going to leave her here?Jessica: [Beat] I called an ambulance.
- A Teleporter Accident sends Zia into a stranger's house while they're taking a shower. Except, to Zia's horror, she discovers that two people are in the shower and they're not in there to get clean.Shock screamed into her mind, as did the horrible image of what she'd just interrupted.
- Benedict playing stenographer for Nadine:SHE SAID YOU HAVE TO TELL THE GIRL TO GO AWAY BECAUSE WE CAN'T BE SEEN CARRYING BENEDICT AROUND AND WAIT. ARE YOU TYPING EVERYTHING I'M SAYING? HOW ARE YOU DOING IT THIS FAST? THERE'S EVEN PUNCTUATION, HOW? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. NO, STOP, HIT SEND. I'M NOT DICTATING THIS PART, HIT SEND!
- Josephine shows off her electricity to Hyeon, who mistakes her for fellow electrokinetic Luna. He takes her back to Nadine, Luna's friend and leader, whose reaction is priceless."Hyeon." Nadine spat, fingers curled around the steering wheel. "Luna's black."
- Ivy needs to get a pail of water to put out Michal, who's set himself on fire. Jemimah follows her, is told that Ivy needs to borrow a bucket, and helpfully goes over to where the bucket sits next to a tap... and then returns with the empty bucket in tow.Jemimah: Good thing they didn't dare you to bring any water, huh? 'Cause that'd take forever!
- Hyeon instructing Kwang to steal a cigarette from Nadine when she tries to light up in his house. The squirrel first holds it between his paws 'like a bizarre Normal Rockwell painting', before propping it in his little cardboard house to use as a chimney.
- Fesxis' grumpiness at the possibility of the exams being delayed after Sebastian forced her to study with him the entire previous night.Fesxis: I swear to god, if we stayed up studying for nothing because that fool starts disrupting everything, I want you to kill him. Painfully.
- Ivan tells himself not to think about the superpowers and just focus on exams. He walks into the exam room, sees Daigo, and immediately turns tail and hurries back out.
- Ziz the drone becoming impatient as it waits for its creator to send it a message.It considered asking Non-Creator Entity #495 (a seagull) if it had seen Ivy. However, it seemed to be in a hurry to go somewhere.
Funny / Dawn of a New Age: Oldport Blues