Warning: Spoilers Off applies to moments pages. Read at your own risk.
- Dead End Tohka Arc:
- From the light novel, Hiroto Tonomachi introduces Origami as the third most-wanted girlfriend on the list of the thirteen most-wanted girlfriends. When Shido asks why it's a top thirteen list, Tonomachi says the organiser got thirteenth place, before saying the most-wanted boyfriends goes to 358 places, shocking Shido, who immediately realises the organiser of that list got 358th. When he asks what Tonomachi got, he admits he's the one who got 358th. And then he says that he and Shido were voted best couple.
- Shido and Tohka casually talk while the AST Wizards are shooting down relentlessly on the latter's barrier. And neither of them seem to be worrying a bit during their (unheard) conversation.
- Episode 2 starts with Shido finishing one route of the dating sim Kotori and Reine gave him for his training with dating Spirits. Once the game's credits roll, he screams enthusiastically while slightly stumbling in his movements, implying he did an all-nighter for said route.Shido: AAAAALL RIGHT!!! [pants and wheezes] I rock...
- Shiro confessing his feelings for Tobiichii in the second episode of first season:Shido: uh... Tobiichi... You look good in those clothes.
Tobiichi: It's our uniform.
Shido: Tobiichi, I've know you for a long time.
Tobiichi: Same here.
Shido: Really? So, I'm happy to be in the same class as you and I can't take my eyes off you.
Tobiichi: Same here.
Shido: And that's not all, I sniff your uniform after school.
Tobiichi: Same here.
Shido: Really? What a coincidence.
Shido: Then, would you like to go out with me?
Tobiichi: I wouldn't mind. I wouldn't mind going out with you.
Shido: Do you mean you like to accompany me somewhere?
Tobiichi: That's what you meant? I thought you wanted to date me. Am I wrong?
Shido: N-no, you aren't, but...
- Shido attempting to flirt with Tamae "Tama-chan" Okamine-sensei for his training. Her reaction and response is gold. So is Origami's reaction.
- Kotori introduces the rest of the Fraxinus' operating crew, complete with Boss Subtitles Played for Laughs.Shido: Fantastic, I'm relying on perverts.
Kotori (seconds later): [puts on a cutesy voice] Have faith in your little sister. Now get in there and flirt!
- Shido's punishments whenever he screws up any of the dating aspect. Ranging from revealing his childhood secrets to broadcasting said secrets live on radio. And that's just the start.
- When approaching Tohka, she demands to hear Shido's name. He then shouts that if she's to ask for his name, then she has to give him her name first. There is then an instantaneous cut to Shido getting attacked by Tohka, saying "I knew it!" The dub gives us this gem instead; "I hate you Kotori!"
- Puppet Yoshino Arc:
- Katori creates several incidents of Shido accidentally bumping into Tohka in less then ideal circumstances for training, to his dismay.
- When Yoshinon insults Tohka, she rips the puppet off Yoshino's hand and strangles it, thinking it is actually alive.
- Shido is helping Yoshino look for Yoshinon when her stomach growls. Shido ask if Yoshino is hungry but right after she says no it growls again to her embarrassment.
- Killer Kurumi arc:
- Sister Itsuka Arc: When Origami asks if Tohka's okay, Shido initially took it as proof that the former is now okay with the latter, but after saying she's fine, Origami was disappointed.
- Yamai Tempest Arc:
- Tohka, in an attempt to room with Shido during the school trip, tries to pass herself off as male. Origami fires back by saying that if Tohka dresses up as a boy Shido should dress up as a girl to rebalance the genders.
- Ellen's attempt to trail Tohka get derailed thanks to Ai, Mai, and Mii dragging her with them.
- Tohka protects Shido when a sudden gale comes up, causing her to get hit by three trash cans giving her swirly eyes and circling Yoshinons.
- Yuzuru's reaction to when Shido seals her powers:Yuzuru: Shedding tears. Yuzuru can't become a bride anymore.
- Lily Miku Arc:
- When Hiroto Tonomachi expresses shock that Shido doesn't know who Miku Izayoi is, he claims that within their generation "there's no one other than stupid Itsuka-kun that doesnt know about the super national idol Miku-tan", and that if he were to be proven wrong, he'd kneel down on the ground and eat spaghetti with his ass. Without skipping a beat, Shido promptly asks Tohka.Hiroto: Thats cheating, Itsuka you bastard!?
- Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, Shiori! In order for Shido to approach Miku, who Does Not Like Men, he has to cross-dress as a girl. He even needs to practice of acting as a girl before approaching Miku. It works well enough that Miku and the schoolmates doesn't suspect the cross-dressing in the slightest. This doesn't stop Tohka, Origami, Yoshino and Kurumi from seeing through his cross-dressing at first sight.
- The best part is what Origami does the moment she sees 'Shiori'. She start taking pictures of her in different angle, which causes Shiori screams like a real girl.
- Another moment is when Reine brings Yoshino to the Maid cafe that Shiori's working and seemingly recognize 'her' immediately based on Yoshinon's words. Shiori could only cower 'herself' in shame knowing that Yoshino have seen something she shouldn't be seeing:Yoshinon: Yahahaha, is that perhaps Shido-kun? It really suits you. Why don't you just wear the top and take the bottom. There's demand for that you know?
- The three girls handing Tohka a tambourine. With epic background music.
- The Mood Whiplash of Miku finding out who Shiori actually is.
- Funnier is how it happens... she slowly seductively starts touching Shiori and then suddenly stops at her crotch. She then demands her servants to strip him of his undergarments, resulting Shiori letting out a girly yell while Miku turns as pale as a ghost.
- Even during the Darkest Hour, there was one. It turns out that despite most of the Fraxinus crew falling under Miku's Mind Control, Kyouhei remained sane and went along with it because he's in his happy place.
- When Hiroto Tonomachi expresses shock that Shido doesn't know who Miku Izayoi is, he claims that within their generation "there's no one other than stupid Itsuka-kun that doesnt know about the super national idol Miku-tan", and that if he were to be proven wrong, he'd kneel down on the ground and eat spaghetti with his ass. Without skipping a beat, Shido promptly asks Tohka.
- Truth Miku Arc:
- Miku, who is controlling Yoshino as well as the Yamai sisters, orders them to eliminate the enemy Wizards. Problem is, they also count Mana, who's there backing Shido up as an enemy Wizard. What does Mana do? Bumps into Ryouko's squad and essentially says "Tag, you're it!"
- While poking around Miku's things, Kurumi finds a bra that's the size of her head and goes, You Have GOT to Be Kidding Me!
- The epilogue of season 2 has Miku singing one of her previous songs when she was still Tsukino Yoimachi. After a long Heartwarming Moment, she proceeds to thank Shido by calling him "Darling". Cue her audience's utter confusion as well as this exchange:Kaguya: Darling?
Yuzuru: Repeat. Darling?
Yoshinon: Don't tell me...
Tohka: Speaking of which, Miku called you that earlier too, didn't she? Shido, what does darling mean?
Shido: Well, that's...
Yuzuru: Confirmation. Shido.
Shido: Uhhh... [confused while looking Miku waving at him]
Kotori: *laughs* You're so popular, Shido.
Shido: [bowed sluggish]
- Search Natsumi Arc:
- Tohka and Yamai sisters halted Miku's attempt to give Shidou a goodbye kiss, only to end up getting chased off by Miku's attempt to do a proxy kiss with Tohka.
- How does Shido prove that Natsumi isn't disguising herself as Kotori? By removing Kotori's ribbons and not giving them back to her. He then gets a punch to the stomach for his actions.
- When meeting with Tamae Okamine, he tries to pass the meeting off as a him wanting to prepare for the future. She seems happy about reminding him of his promise while sliding a marriage registration form in front of him.
- Change Natsumi Arc:
- The day after Shido's harem were transformed into children, they make a ruckus by coming to school in their still child-transformed form. It gets to the tipping point when Origami addressed Shido as "Papa" and pretended to be his daughter Chiyogami.
- Shido and the still child transformed are at Shido's place when all of a sudden, Natsumi changes all of the girls into bunny and cat suits, Shido into a ringleader's outfit, and then puts the girls in to a cage labeled as Shido's Zoo.
- After saving Natsumi from Ellen and taken her into an underground facility owned by Ratatoskr, Shido and his friends decide to open up Natsumi's heart despite Natsumi revealing her being a true form.
- After getting a massage treatment by Miku, a haircut by the Yamai Twins, and dressing her up by everyone, Natsumi is going to be given makeup treatment by the 'last assassin' who actually turns out to be Shiori note . Natsumi did not take it well even calling Shido a pervert when 'Shiori' reveal herself. Miku and Kotori seems to be giggling about it knowing that Shido gets hurt by Natsumi after Shiori's reveal outside the room.
- The entire bad negative thinking of Natsumi when meeting with some people and getting a lot of misunderstanding when she picks up their sentences:
- Tonomachi Hiroto:"I got dizzy!" -> To get dizzy... Meaning: "Close to collapsing from dizziness." -> "I am about to collapse from dizziness by looking at you!" -> "I feel sick just by looking at you, ugly!"
Natsumi: I knewwwwwwwww ittttttt!!
- Kyohei Kannazuki:"Natsumi has a nice body!" -> "Natsumis body is good" -> "Your looks are regretful but, there are no problems with the functions." -> "Seems like your organs would sell pretty well."
- And during lunch time:"Would you like potatoes with that?" -> Potato in this case = Fried potatoes. -> Getting fat is very easy with the combination of carbohydrates and oil. -> "That seedy-looking body might become a tad better if you add more flab, wont it?"
Natsumi: God. Damn. Ittttttttttt!
- Tonomachi Hiroto:
- Angel Tobiichi Arc:
- Natsumi in her grown up form teases Kotori after the later tells Natsumi that she should try to do something about her using her transformational powers as crutch to combat her complex. Having stepped on that landmine, Kotori angrily points out that Natsumi's real form is even scrawnier than she is, only to try and backpedal once Natsumi turns on the waterworks.Kotori: Ugh...Fine, I'm scrawnier than you, okay?!
Natsumi: Ahhahahahahahaha-! Scrawny, Scrawny! Kotori's scrawny! (runs away)
Kotori: Wha-...I...You tricked me you little-!
- Turns out that Kotori's right. Natsumi's real height is actually 1cm shorter than Kotori's.
- Natsumi in her grown up form teases Kotori after the later tells Natsumi that she should try to do something about her using her transformational powers as crutch to combat her complex. Having stepped on that landmine, Kotori angrily points out that Natsumi's real form is even scrawnier than she is, only to try and backpedal once Natsumi turns on the waterworks.
- Devil Tobiichi Arc:
- past!Kurumi wearing an eyepatch and present!Kurumi seeing it as an Old Shame with Shido not getting any clear answers.
- Kotori, Yoshino, and Natsumi are worried about Shido's behavior, so what do they do to help him? Have Natsumi age Kotori and Yoshino up to highschooler's age and dress up in swimsuits. Shido's reaction is priceless.
- The Entirerty of Shido and Origami's date:
Kotori: Kill me now... this is unbearable.
- The first few seconds consist of the two being utter dorks to each other to Kotoris dismay.
- It begins with the Fraxinus crew telling Shido that he start by going shopping, but he decides to past by a Love Hotel first to Kotoris shock and anger when it doesn't seem to work.
- When he leaves to use the restroom while having lunch, she tries to take his spoon. When he comes back, she tries to pass it off but ends up spilling water on him immediately taking pictures of him when he takes it off to her shock.
- In the Epilogue, Origami helps Shido wipe his tears... with her own skirt! Then it turns out she's wearing a dark blue school swimsuit and brought along a dog ear headband, dog tail and also the leather collar. The same items that she wore during Shido's first failed break up date. Guess there are some things that never changed.
- Disaster Itsuka Arc:
- A Not Himself Shido flirts with anything he sees, including Ellen! Hilarity Ensues
- Westcott's surprised reaction towards Ellen's enthusiasm thanks to the above events.
- Drunk Origami is this in spades
- Even earlier, Origami asked whether the medical room Shidou was in is lockable and sound-proofed. This instantly causes all the girls to change their mind about taking turns entering the room.Tobiichi: I dont mind being last. Also, I want to know if the medical room has a lock. Its even better if the room is sound-proofed.
The moment Origami said that, everyone twitched their eyebrows.
- A Not Himself Shido flirts with anything he sees, including Ellen! Hilarity Ensues
- Creation Nia Arc: Nia, just Nia's antics for most of the volume.
- Planet Mukuro Arc: How Nia just slides by the Wham Line she dropped at the end of the previous volume over mentioning how all the Spirit were formerly human.
- Family Mukuro Arc:
- Back in last volume, Mukuro acted completely indifferent towards Shidou's self-introductory to establish a master-slave relationship* . This becomes a Brick Joke after her emotions were unlocked when Mukuro pops into view from a portal and accepts said offer to become his "flesh slave" and asks him to enlighten her to its meaning. Needless to say, everyone dropped their jaws to her response.
- At the start of Shidou's date with Mukuro, they decided to give Mukuro a makeover at Shido's house due to her incredibly conspicuous Astral Dress and her incredibly long hair. Shidou borrowed Kotori's clothes which Mukuro tried to wear herself... except that it doesn't fit her chest. Kotori's reaction to that is "a sound of silence, as if attempting to restrain a certain unspeakable emotion with all her might".
- Remember how dangerous Tohka was in Volume 7? Ever wonder why she has her hands in the shaping of a heart in volume 15? Origami ended up tricking her into going on a date with Shido, saying that it was the only way to rectify the disgrace she suffered from last time. They ended up going to a Maid Cafe, where a waitress teaches her a charm for making food taste better by holding her hands in the shape of a heart and yelling "Moe Moe Kyun". Tohka falls for it and ends up believing that it is a one hit kill technique.
- Tohka World Arc:
- The spirits face each other in a battle royal to gain enough spirit power to extend Tohka's life. Natsumi's strategy? Disguise herself as a lamp post near the rest area while the other spirits take each other out. Too bad Miku manages to track her down - All while sleepwalking!
- Other Media:
- From the video game adaptation, people had a little chuckle when they saw the "Data Install" sign.
- Episode 13 of the first season is a goldmine of hilarious moments, which is actually based from Date A Live Encore Light Novel, a spin-off of the Date A Live novel. To wit:
- The entire Epic Fail breakup date between Shido and Origami:
- In Shido's first breakup attempt, Shido note ask Origami to change into a School Swimsuit with dog ears and tail, and asking her to walk on all fours. Which she does.
- Right after that, she rips off Shido's belt, puts it around her neck like a leash and starts acting like a dog. Shido just breaks down and desperately tries to apologize. She doesn't care a bit.Origami: Woof! *pant pant* Woof!
- Later in the restaurant, Shido attempting to get a reaction out of Origami by successively pretending he's a paedophile / momcon / siscon / playboy. Turns out it's to disgust her so she rejects her love for him. With little effect.
- The final kicker is when Origami was going to the bathroom, Shido ask Origami to do it her. Once again...she does. Shido tries to stop her but he accidentally takes down Origami's skirt. And Origami just stands there showing her black panties like it was noting, much to everyone's shock.
- To make up for accidentally telling Tohka he hates her and running into a bout with Origami, Shido takes her to the arcades. Where she promptly breaks some machines.
- After her date with Shido, Tohka comes to school unexpectedly happy. When asked why, she blurts out stuff that could be mistaken for sex while having an ecstatic face. Cue her schoolmates' bewilderment.
- The above leads to the class turning to Shido, who tries to claim his innocence... at least until a naked picture of Tohka slips out from his pocket. When he takes it back from Ai, he realizes what it is, and a oh YEAH sound effect can be heard.
- The entire Date A Quest short story. With Shido being the "princess", Kotori Breaking the Fourth Wall, and Origami taking Shido's pictures with Shido snarking at the entire thing.
- The Spirit King Game have Origami barging in the middle of the King's game, and cheated her way into commanding nearly everyone into embarrassing orders. Then she acted the king's commands in a deadpan manner before she finally collapsed while acting on Shidou's order to get along with Tohka.
- It's even funnier in Version IF drama CD, since Miku is included in the game. Her reaction when she's ordered to lick Origami's legs is gold.
- In the Anime's third season, Miku burns her lips while eating lunch and decides that the best way to heal the burn is to get kissed by Shido. All the girls proceed to burn their lips "accidentally" so Shido will have to kiss them - but then Miku offers to kiss all the girls instead.