The online comic
- Bacon: "Nah"
- Peridot opts out of using stars to rate her stats and simply puts "better than almond" for all of them.
- Cordelia's profile has her item be a glass of wine, labelled "Juice for Grownups".
- The not-so-hidden Disaster Stones.
- That's not Princess Parfait.
- pfffffhahahaha I can't even finish that
- The limbo group bursting in during the Splashmaster battle.
- As it turns out Nightmare Knight doesn't know how to pronounce Peridot.
- Nautilus' extreme limbo training.
- Reader questions for Bacon!Q: why
- Cucumber lives up to the Nightmare Knight's expectations.
- So...you wrote an entire play about how pretty you are?
- Nautilus is ready for her debut... but she can't see well without her glasses. The supposedly handsome Legato just looks wonky to her. The fact that it happens on page 404 is the icing on the cake.ｐｒｅｔｔｙ ｂｏｙ ｎｏｔ ｆｏｕｎｄ
- The entirety of Legato's play, from Commander Caboodle's hammy introduction to "Prince Crescendo's" hammier opening lines to all of Legato's ridiculous expressions, the crown jewel of the whole affair possibly being the revelation that not only is Sir Bacon playing the role of the "witch-queen" but they're actually really good at it.welcome to cucumber quest
- Almond and Peridot stopping the play to banter, Peridot's embarrassed shut up, and finally the look of horror on Peridot's face after saving Almond.
- Piano holding in a scream.
- A flustered Peridot waiting for her cue backstage. (Rough sketch here◊.)
- IS SHE GONNA THINK I'M DUMB
- Princess Parfait makes a new friend!a what
- The illustrations in the next comic just add to the humor.I KNOW WHAT THE WORD MEANS!
- Then the next page where Princess Parfait asks whether he didn't even want friends in his childhood''My What?!'
- The illustrations in the next comic just add to the humor.
- Peridot's lack of respect towards Nightmare Knight
- A throwaway line when Piano is asked to sign the Dream Sword:Piano: Well, I've autographed weirder things
- Piano ribbing Carrot, guffawing, and then switching back to a calm demeanor.
- The look on Cucumber and Carrot's faces when Commander Caboodle calls them "test subjects" like a certain inventor...
- Nightmare Knight has sent their craft flying into the sun. What's Nautilus' idea? Nobody's in the mood for pizza...Special delivery instructions: why is this happening
- I'M NOT EVEN!!!
- Dahlia's spell involves Evanescence lyrics.
- Peridot declaring that she came to the Princess R pageant to see Almond. The flustered look on her face after she comments seals the deal.Peridot: I mean-
- Cabbage blurting it out to the rest of the audience makes it even better.
- I LOVE JAIL!!!
- The Guardlings acting as a peanut gallery to their boss's punnery.
- The Guardener's unspeakably horrifying face... *WINK*
- Nautilus and Commander Caboodle talking Boltergeist into releasing Peridot:
- by spinning the Nightmare Knight as a door hater who wears a T-Shirt reading "DOORS SUCK" as he breaks the Intermezzo Wall
- the look on Peridot's face when Caboodle and Nautilus volunteer her to take out Nightmare Knight in exchange for their help
- The look on her face as Nautilus and Caboodle hi-five.your friends are here
- Peridot's reaction to her dream about her and Almond getting married.
- Peridot walks in on... this.
- Furthermore, she invites the Nightmare Knight to watch Punisher Pumice with her.Gigi: it seems like your kind of show, idk
- From the Q&A strips:"I always set the dress code."
- Tomato recruiting the mailman because his name starts with a B.
- A new, improved, cooler Splashmaster: the same, but with two eyes.
- The Nightmare Knight doesn't know what fanfiction is.
- The "Forbidden Master" is summoned and subjects our heroes to their deepest darkest fears. All of them are duds due to the fact that the Forbidden Master twists common phobias in contrived manners (i.e. showing Cucumber and Almond a measuring stick for "fear of heights" and exploiting Nautilus's fear of rollercoasters through an emotional rollercoaster (a movie).Forbidden Master: Fear of...flying. (as in flying a kite)
Cucumber: That's not what that means.
Forbidden Master: Fear of...closed spaces (a closed store)
Cucumber: That's not what that means.
Forbidden Master: Fear of...loss (losing a video game)
Cucumber: THAT'S NOT WHAT THAT MEANS.
- Bonus points for the game over screen resembling the one from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. "GAME OVER: RETURN OF SPLASHMASTER
- Apparently Cordelia and Peridot have been put through the same "torture." Cordelia flips through the book the Nightmare Knight gave her to see if there's some kind of mistake. That note she finds at the end of the book? Just kidding.
- The Forsaken Master turns out to be a small jack-o'-lantern kid and reveals his true name: Thebestmaster, created to be the very best. He then goes and says he wants to prove himself to the Nightmare Knight, or, as he calls him, Steve. The heroes are completely baffled by this development.
- Thebestmaster turns out to actually like being sealed, so he asks the gang to put him back in the giant crystal. Peridot tries to seal him in a peridot shell, but this turns out to be too weak, so Cucumber decides to try something. He ends up becoming a Magical Girl. The page immediately after says it all.
- Speaking of Peridot's failed attempt, we have Almond's shit-eating grin as Thebestmaster criticizes the spell's potency.
- Right after Cucumber becomes a Magical Girl, Bestie decides to put on a show to make his re-sealing feel more special. Cucumber is very apathetic at first, but pretty much goes "screw it" and decides to re-seal Bestie in the flashiest way possible. A flash of light and puff of smoke later, and Bestie's sealed under a giant bathtub drain.
- After Cucumber points out that the entire Chapter was a waste of time and a distraction due to Thebestmaster providing no real threat, Cordelia and Peridot decide to pretend this was their true intention and abscond in the hammiest way they can. Capped off by Peridot adorably whispering as she leaves:bye almond let's hang out
- "This is the best cupcake I've ever put in my mouth." It begins from there, and only gets better with the following pages, in which Cordelia is thoroughly confused and doesn't know anymore what she wants from the Nightmare Knight, which leads to this hilarious exchange:Cordelia: I don't understand! What happened to the power? The presence? The- the threats??Nightmare Knight: You... want me to threaten you?Cordelia: NO!... YES?? I DON'T KNOW, I'M HAVING A CRISIS
- The Nightmare Knight and his Disaster Masters, as they appear in Punisher Pumice.
- "You misunderstand me, Peridot. This is about more than my ego. Mostly."
- Everyone's fantastically overblown reactions to the Nightmare Knight coming to Silver Studios, from the fake NK's bravado to his dramatic unmasking as The Guardener, to the Torches and Pitchforks raised when they see his real face.
- Apparently, Bacon was trying to convince the staff that the Nightmare Knight villain for Pumice was just in poor taste. They might go through with writing him out of the show... not because of their warnings, but because the Pumice NK is too scary for children, according to Moral Guardians.
- In a Q&A strip, we get a touching moment with Cordelia, as she hints at her own childhood. There's a beat as it seems like she's going to elaborate. She doesn't.Cordelia: [smiles softly] Were you expecting me to share my touching backstory? [maniacal smile] In a Q&A segment? YOU FOOL???
Outside the comic
- This series of promotional tweets by the author.
- I don't want my name on this
- Hey, know who died? That clown on the blimp. That clown's dead. Dead as dead can be.note
- The descriptions for the Cucumber Quest books that used to be on the shop page.
- Taking place in or after intermission 3, a followup to the Peridot Fact comics: ◊ ◊ (source)
- Gigi's depictions of Rosemaster as a gamer or as out of touch with modern youth culture.
- This tweet by Gigi about Peridot's reaction to the character of Melanite."don't get me wrong, peridot is gay as hell, but you don't have to be gay to think a dude who wears pauldrons to school is garbage"
- Peridot's snack ventures
- Book 3 bonus comic #2
- Biscotti showing her true ruthlessness.
- Peridot's epic blunder.
- The Nightmare Knight purposely mispronouncing Peridot's name.
- Baguette and Tartelette musing on how hollow their victory is going to be — prompt cut to them celebrating their win and proudly showing off their trophy. Yes, Tartelette included.