- In Operation: U.N.C.O.O.L., Numbuhs 2, 5, and 42 escape from zombified nerds while trying to find Numbuh 78. Numbuh 5 gets pretty mad when discovering that the Numbuh 78 they meant isn't the operative Numbuh 78, but a Yipper trading card. The look on her face is priceless, as is this exchange:Numbuh 5: Numbuh 78 is one of your STUPID TRADING CARDS?!Numbuh 2: Excuse me? This card adds +8 to your entire squadron!Numbuh 5: I'm about to add +8 to my foot, and KICK BOTH YOUR BUTTS! Now, I don't know about you and Make-up Boy, but Numbuh 5 is getting outta this Night of the Living Uncool!
- All of "Operation: E.N.G.L.A.N.D."
- In Operation "C.A.K.E.D.-T.H.R.E.E.", Numbuh One's room is filled with eggs which all hatch by morning. Everyone comes in to see what's going on.Numbuh Three: Chickies! (scoops up several of the chicks) Enough for everyone to cuddle and snuggle and love!Numbuh Four: Do you think these would make decent chicken fingers?(Numbuh Three gives him a Death Glare)
Numbuh Three: Oh, look. The chickies have to go to the potty.Numbuh One: (while covered in chicks) Aaaargh!
- Then all the chicks start chirping very loudly and urgently.
Numbuh Three: After their bathroom break, the chickies want their mommy to read them a story.Numbuh One: I am not their mommy!Chicks: (chirping loudly)Numbuh One: (with gritted teeth) And I am only reading them one story. (Reading quickly) Once upon a time there was a little red riding hood, the wolf ate her. The end.
- Later on, Numbuh One and Numbuh Three have this exchange:
- "Operation: P.I.N.K.E.Y.E." has Hoagie absolutely disgusted to discover that the ingredient for Nurse Claiborne's crumble desserts is the eye crust from the pink-eye patients she's supposed to have been looking after. He can't even let her finish her monologue on how "brilliant" her plan is without interrupting to reiterate how disgusting, revolting, and wrong he finds the whole thing.Numbuh 2: I'm sorry, but can we go back to HOW SERIOUSLY DISGUSTING THIS IS?! I mean, I'm lucky I didn't just have lunch! (shudders)
- Even better, The Stinger suggests the filling is made of mucus.
- "Operation: L.I.C.E."
- Right before Numbuh 5 is about to destroy the Queen Lice, Numbuh 2 interrupts them and says she needs to deliver a Pre Ass Kicking One LinerNumbuh Two: WAIT!!! You gotta say something cool first! Like "Say cheese, punk!" or "Cheese to meet you!" Wait, wait, wait! How about this—(Numbuh 5 presses the button as the Queen Lice is distracted) Cheese—(Cut to a scene of the Treehouse and a giant melted cheese explosion)
- Bonus points for Five and the Queen Lice giving each other a "what the heck is wrong with this guy?" look right before Five pushes the button, and Two being covered in baby lice.
- Right before Numbuh 5 is about to destroy the Queen Lice, Numbuh 2 interrupts them and says she needs to deliver a Pre Ass Kicking One Liner
- "Operation: S.U.P.P.O.R.T."
- Numbuh 1 and Numbuh 2 trying on Cree's bras.
- "Operation: F.U.G.I.T.I.V.E."Numbuh 86: Of all the stupid things in the stupid world of stupid people acting stupid, you boys are the stupidliest! It's like you're trying to win a stupid contest but you're too stupid to take a stupidity test!!
Numbuh 362: You IDIOT! I was this close to getting the Delightful Children's plans! And then you attack me from out of nowhere! Whose side are you on anyway? I'm ashamed to call you a girl! I never thought a girl could be so stupid! You are by far the most idiotic person I have ever, ever worked with!
Numbuh 86: (voice wavering) Whu-what's that?
- What's even funnier is that Numbuh 86 finally gets her comeuppance for antagonizing Sector V for the duration of the episode.
- And right before the grand chewing out, Chad just silently slinks away. He's not gonna help her out of this mess.
- Number 86 spazzing out during the incident with the toenail collection.
- And even before she gets covered in them and completely loses it, we get this gem:
Delightful Children: It's... our toenail collection.
Numbuh 86: Toenails? (gags, sputters, otherwise flips out) That's disgusting!
Delightful Children: It is not! It's more like... a hobby. (laugh evilly as they close in on Numbuh 86)
Delightful Children: Don't just stand there! Help us pick up our toenail collection.
- When Numbuh 5 and Numbuh 3 walk in they see Numbuh 86 in a Troubled Fetal Position covered in toenails and the Delightfuls picking them up off the floor.
- As Numbuh 86 goes on a tirade, Numbuh Four whispers to Numbuh Two: "Man, who put a bee in her undies?" Near the end of the episode...
- And then there's Numbuh Four going back for the dandelion.
- What's even funnier is that Numbuh 86 finally gets her comeuppance for antagonizing Sector V for the duration of the episode.
- During "Operation: E.N.D.", a decommissioned Numbuh 3 is being unhelpful even as the base is floating into the sun.Numbuh 1: Come on, team. Let's get up to the observation deck.
Numbuh 3: Why should we?
Numbuh 1: Because the sun is very hot. And you don't want to hit it!
- When Numbuh 1 and Numbuh 2 have to leave class for a mission in "Operation: F.O.U.N.T.A.I.N.", they leave behind dummies in their likeness made of fruit. Numbuh 3 just leaves behind a balloon with the word "ME" written on it.
Numbuh One: Numbuh Five says 'Don't touch anything.'Numbuh Four: Numbuh One says 'Don't punch a thing.'Numbuh Three: Numbuh Four says 'Try the onion ring.'Numbuh Two: Well, you don't have to tell me twice!
- While underground Sector V come across a table loaded with food. Numbuh Five tells Numbuh One not to touch anything and he passes the message on to the other operatives.
- "Operation: T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G."
Henchman: I think it's locked!
- When Father finds the safe containing the Kids Next Door code module at the Arctic training base:
Father: Really? Well, guess we'll just have to pack up and go... (bursts into flames) OF COURSE IT'S LOCKED!!! (ice above him melts) Just GO! (Henchman cries and runs off) ...And you can forget about a Christmas bonus, pal!
Numbuh 60: Any questions?
- "Hey, Fireface! Looking for this Code Module thingy?"
- Not to mention that Father finds out it's an autograph book, and is impressed on it having Numbuh 362's autograph.
Tommy: Oooh, I have one! I know Numbuh One!
Numbuh 60: (facepalm) That is not a question, Tommy.
Tommy: And Numbuh Two is my brother! I even have all their autographs from when I went on a mission with them!
Numbuh 60: Back in line cadet!
- Every time Father bursts into flames, the ice above him melts and splashes him. Helps to turn that power of his into Nightmare Retardant.
- Two of Father's henchmen threaten to put Tommy, Lee and Sonia into a broom closet. Cue Sonia freaking out and Tommy and Lee shivering in fear as she beats the two guards into submission.
- Number 74.239 playing around with the Voice Changer. "Nigel Uno, I am your father!" And then Numbuh Infinity's reaction as he grabs the voice changer: "Give me that!"Numbuh Infinity: But enough with the voice changer thing!Numbuh 74.239: Aw, but it makes me sound so cool!
- Numbuh Four's abysmal spelling in "Operation: R.O.B.B.E.R.S.":Numbuh Five: I'm telling you — the word "chicken" does not have a "2" in it.
Numbuh Four: Well it does now!
- The reveal of the Ship Tease in the Grand Finale:Wally: (as Kuki is crying on Hoagie's shoulder) And would you mind hugging your own wife instead of mine?!
Hoagie: Hey! You're not Abby!
"So that's how they go together!"
- Also, Numbuh One seeing the giant toilet in the Delightful Children's bathroom.
- This gem:Toiletnator (Soaked by the water from the "Drop-A-Log"): Mmmmm... Toilet Water.
- Numbuh One handing out his orders to his team; Five locating nearby items for the hunt, Three and Four preparing weapons systems and Two? Should get back to steering, they're about to hit a mountain.
- The Empire Strikes Back parody in "Operation: S.N.O.W.I.N.G.". Especially because A) 4th grade President (of Gallagher Elementry) Jimmy plays the part of Darth Vader, and B) they actually find Luke Skywalker.
- The snag in Cree's Evil Plan:Cree: But before we could even get to the Moonbase, the stupid pilots got into an argument about trading cards and accidentally hit the Blow-Up-The-Engines button. Ugh! Who else but a bunch of stupid kids would put a Blow-Up-The-Engines button on a spaceship?!
- There was also a Call-Back to this in one issue of the KND comic; Numbuh 86 is partially decommissioned when she turns on one of the machines, goes boy-crazy in the process, and one of her officers questions why the machine would zap the person who turned it on. Another officer responds that the guy who made the "Blow-Up-The-Engines" button on all KND spacecraft worked on this machine, and says they really should get rid of that guy some day.
- Sweet merciful Numbuh Zero, "Operation: S.I.T.T.E.R.". Just... "Operation: S.I.T.T.E.R.". Numbuh Two tries to seduce Cree.
Cree: (blankly stares, then facepalm) This is so not worth 8 bucks an hour.
- Made even funnier when you remember that as cheesy as all the bad French he uses sounds to us, it must have been even worse for Cree as she herself is half-French.
Numbuh Two: (purrs) Kitty's got claws.
- His response after Cree throws him and Tommy across the room.
Tommy: I don't wanna go to bed yet! You can't make me!
Cree: Oh, I applaud your braver— (clapping activates disco ball) THAT'S IT!
- In Operation C.A.K.E.D.-F.O.U.R. one of Father's fireballs ricochets off Numbuh Two's shields and back to him, cutting him off mid-evil-laughter.Father: HA HA HA HA — uh oh.
- Operation: Z.E.R.O.
Numbuh Four: Listen, Numbuh Five... I don't wanna fight you!
- How about this little exchange?
Zombified Numbuh Five: Of course you don't! Cause you're the weakest, shortest, dumbest, most chicken, big mouth squirt on the entire team!!
Numbuh Four: (raging) OKAY! NOW I WANNA FIGHT YOU!
Numbuh Four: Hey Spankaholic! Time to teach you the Australian word for "ouch"!
- Numbuh One (in regards to the Delightful Children From Down The Lane): "Next stop: ''way'' down the lane!"
- Also from Z.E.R.O.:
Count Spankulot: Ridiculousness! Those who fail to realize that the Australian word for "ouch" would still be "ouch" will be—
(Numbuh Four pulls out a gun that SHOOTS A KANGAROO)
Spankulot: (beat) Is that a... kangaroo?
Father: I hate everyone.
- Numbuh One turning into a total fanboy when he realizes that his father used to be the legendary Numbuh Zero.
- After Sector V drops the Moonbase on Grandfather, we see that Father's mansion was destroyed in the explosion as well. Father has this to say about it.
Father: You... big... JERK! Now you've made me angry. VERY. VERY. VERY... ah, forget it.
- There's also his "He's Back" moment. After getting the short end of the stick from his father for nearly the whole movie, he finally loses his patience with everything. Only to resign himself to everything that's happened and stroll off to eat some ice cream.
Numbuh 4: Kuki, I-I'm scared. I don't know what to do next!!Numbuh 3: Kiss me!Numbuh 4: Kiss you?! No way! Oh, nonononononono! Nu-uh! Nope, no way! Ain't gonna happ- okay.
- This little gem:
Numbuh 362: Eeeaaarrgh! End transmission! Please!
- Later on they actually do kiss, as citi-zombies. Numbuh 362, Numbuh 2 and Numbuh 86 are all utterly squicked out.
- Before Grandfather is defeated by his son and grandson, he shouts this at his son: "You're out of my will, you BRAT!"
- The Rhetorical Question Blunder from both Father and Grandfather's villain meetings- the first one, Father prepares to unveil "The ultimate evil". Toiletnator thinks it's someone who doesn't flush. Count Spankulot thinks it's "shoddy glove manufacturers" (as his gloves are filled with holes). Crazy Old Cat Lady think it's dogs. And various other villains come up with ideas, like "magazines at the doctor's office", before Father silences them. The second time, Grandfather rants about how he has to destroy the Book of KND to prevent the kids from rising up again, as it contains the one thing that could stop him. Mr. Fizz thinks it's a guy with really big fists who can punch really hard. Mr. Boss speculates it's an army of robot gorillas who can bite real hard. Knightbrace thinks "Pie?", to which Mr. Fizz does a Face Palm.
- While they do serve as terrifying most of the time, some of the lines of the Delightful Children from Down the Lane are pretty damn funny.
- For example: "Hello, Kids Next Door. Perhaps you would like to try kicking our posteriors now?"
- "A heater? WHO PUTS A HEATER IN AN ICE CREAM FACTORY?!"
- When Billy in the crossover episode asks to use their new device as a bathroom, they allow him... before realizing just what he's about to do. Including the flushing. "NO! NOT THAT!"
- Then there's their reverse counterparts, the Little Traitor Dudes for Children's Defense from the Alternate Universe in "Operation: P.O.O.L." and their Totally Radical dialogue.
- In the episode where Numbuh Two turns into a teenager and goes out with Cree, Cree's reaction to finding out she had made out with Numbuh Two was hilarious.Numbuh Two: (as Cree makes constant spitting noises) Aww come on, it wasn't that bad was it?
- "Operation: B.E.A.C.H."Numbuh Three: Well, how about you Numbuh Four? Do you wanna be my Prince Charming?
Numbuh Four: And miss being buried in the sand? Fat chance!
Numbuh 5: (tied up w/ Numbuh 2) HELOOOOO! AREN'T YOU FORGETTING SOMETHING!?!?
- Numbuh Four's repeated reasoning for why he's saving Numbuh Three from having to marry King Sandy: "She just owes me a quarter!!!"
- And then when he saves Numbuh 3 and they're running out, the sand castle crumbling around them...
- King Sandy's Knights using a catapult to "conquer" Numbuh Three's castle (a tiny sand castle).
- "Operation: S.U.P.P.O.R.T." in its entirety.
- B.R.A. = Battle Ready Armor
- Made all the funnier when Chad shows up with one in "Operation S.L.U.M.B.E.R.".
- In "Operation: D.A.T.E." Lizzie appears as Numbuh One is confronting the Delightful Children:Lizzie: Nigel Uno, I'd like a word with you!
Delightful Children: What is the meaning of th—
Lizzie: SHUT UP!
- "Operation: C.A.T.S."
- Numbuh Four tries desperately to fix Numbuh Three's Mister Huggykins toy after accidentally bopping its head off (and making it worse by ripping it)... by wrapping it and the head in tape. And then he promptly moves it once Numbah Three notices.Numbuh Four: (sheepishly) Eh, I know this looks bad... Uh... (picks up Mr. Huggykins)...but it's okay! (drags it over to a target on the floor) I can fix it up, good. As. New! (plants it on the target)Numbuh Two: (waving his hands while Numbuh One looks on in horror) NO, NO, NO, DON'T PUT IT ON THE!Computer Voice:(cut to Mr. Huggykins being launched into the sky...and into the path of a turbine of a passing plane; stuffing rains down on the treehouse)Numbuh Three: (her eyes literally blazing with fury) GRRRRRR!Numbuh Five: I stand corrected. Now you're busted!
- "I'm not your kitty, lady! I'm MISTER HUGGYKINS I mean I'M A KID IN A MR. HUGGYKINS COSTUME!"
- Numbuh Four tries desperately to fix Numbuh Three's Mister Huggykins toy after accidentally bopping its head off (and making it worse by ripping it)... by wrapping it and the head in tape. And then he promptly moves it once Numbah Three notices.
- As Mr. Boss is about to escape:Mr. Boss: So long, kid! I hope your friend likes Pluto! (entire building crashes on top of him)
- From "Operation: R.A.B.B.I.T.":Numbuh Two: (upon seeing the desolate First Grade hallway) Man, those school budget cuts are murder.
Numbuh Two: But man, I'm so hungry, it's not even bunny! (Starts to laugh until Numbuh Five smacks him with her hat for making that joke)Numbuh Five: You did not just say that! That is the worst line Numbuh Five has heard from you yet! (continues ranting as she chases him)
- At the end, when returning the First Graders pet rabbit restores them...
- Towards the end of "Operation M.A.C.A.R.R.O.N.I." Numbuh Three witnesses Numbuh Thirteen accidentally destroy the Rainbow Monkey Lisa and unleashes a huge primal scream which can even be heard from outside the museum.Mr Boss: (fleeing past his men) Quick! Run like little girls!
Numbuh One (pokes head around door) Uh, Numbuh Three...are you okay?
- Immediately after Mr Boss and his henchmen flees the building:
- "Operation: I.T."
Numbuh Thirteen: HOT DOG! I'm gonna be the leader of the Kids Next Door!
- The entire KND is having a worldwide game of tag, with the person who is "it" at the end of the game becoming the next Soopreme Leader. Everyone is trying their hardest to avoid being "it" at the end of the game... right up until someone tags Numbuh Thirteen. Cue the dogpile.
- Bonus points that he was the only operative besides Father excited to get the position.
Operative: OH, NO YOU DON'T! (dogpile)
"Don't even try it, mon."
- The leader of the Jamaican KND sector, Numbuh One Love, is happily chilling at the beach when he's approached. He just pulls out his weapon and points without even looking.
Numbuh 2: I only read it for the video game ads, I swear!
- Numbuh Two tries hiding in low orbit, in a secret spot he uses to read Rainbow Monkey Romance magazines. Unfortunately, it's not as secret as he thinks it is, as Numbuh Five catches up with him and reveals everyone knows what he gets up to up there.
362: I DON'T WANT TO BE SOOPREME LEADER AGAIN! TAG, YOU'RE IT!Delightful Children: WE DON'T WANT TO BE IN CHARGE OF A BUNCH OF MISBEHAVED BRATS!! TAG, YOU'RE IT!! *tags Father back then run off screaming*
- Father ends up being Tagged as part of a plot of his to infest all the KND treehouses with broccoli, and Numbuh 362 and One desperately try to trick him into declaring another game of Tag so he'll lose his authority. Too bad when he does, 362 freaks out over being Soopreme Leader again and tags the Delightful Children.
- In "Operation: L.O.V.E.", which musical fans will recognize as a spoof of West Side Story. Let's count the ways:
Numbuh Three: I know I'm safe when I look into your, uh, ten eyes?
- '50s' style costumes (including Numbuh One wearing tacky 3D glasses).
- The sheer crackiness of the Delightful Children playing Tony to Numbuh Three's Maria (followed by Numbuh Four's reaction). Whats better is that the Delightful Children, true to form, are playing Tony as a unit, so they share a single costume, and even a kissing scene, which Numbuh Four interrupts.
Numbuh Two's grandmother: I can do without all the fancy-schmancy special effects. What's wrong with just a simple love story?
- The kids dodging lasers by dancing to the tune of "America".
- Numbuh Four singing, in the most deadpan tone ever, a sugary-sweet love song with Numbuh Three and then quitting after a couple of lines.
- Numbuh Two FINALLY getting a funny pun down, which not only wasn't pointed out or made anyone groan, but would probably only make sense to those that watched West Side Story to get the reference: he rips his jacket off to reveal a jetpack and says "When you're a jet, you're a jet."
- While all the explosions are going off, the audience is still watching, completely unaware that it's no longer a play. Cue this lampshading line from Numbuh Two's grandmother:
- The fact that, in spite of all the music numbers, costumes and fact they were all on a stage, Numbuh 4 did not realize it was a play until he is literally told.
- "Operation: H.U.G.S."
Numbuh 4: Well! That takes care of that!(Numbuh 1 and Numbuh 2 snicker; having witnessed the entire scene)Numbuh 2: (cooing) Awww... Big bad Numbuh 4 gave the monkey a hug!Numbuh 1: Ooh! Can I have a "huggie-wuggie" too, Numbuh 4?!(they roll on the floor with laughter)Numbuh 4: Hey! That was the ONLY way to get rid of that stupid monkey!Numbuh 3: (offscreen) Hey!Numbuh 4: Huh? (looks down and spots Numbuh 3, who had just returned from the Rainbow Monkey Fair)Numbuh 3: You didn't just call a giant Rainbow Monkey "stupid", did you?(The giant Rainbow Monkey turns around and lunges angrily at Numbuh 4)Numbuh 4: How do I get myself into these messes?!
- How do you stop a giant rampaging Rainbow Monkey? By giving it the "Rainbow Monkey Goodbye Hug". So, who has to deliver this hug? Numbuh 4.
- Immediately afterwards:
- "Operation: S.P.I.N.A.C.H."
Vespinacio: You speak-a the blasphemy-a!
- We have two hilarious things coming in on the same time: The Spinach Inquisition, and Sector V singing lyrics in the style of Green Eggs and Ham.
- Nigel's banter.
Numbuh One: I will not eat it, not a scrap! I will not try it, it tastes like—Numbuh Three: It's yucky, blecchy, gross, and soupy! I tried it once, it tasted like—
- Not to mention Numbuh One and Three's Curse Cut Short during the musical number.
"Stop is right! The only thing worse than spinach is a cruddy song-and-dance number about spinach!"
- And this line from Numbuh Four after Numbuh 2 screams, "STTTTOOOOPPPP!":
- "Operation: N.A.U.G.H.T.Y.": The secret weapon the elves used to get Numbuh Three to surrender her presents.
- The reveal of Numbuh 86's father. Mr. Boss.
- What's even better is the return of Sonia's fear of the dark. She beats Mr. Boss while the male operatives — including Numbuh One — have to stare at her with absolute horror.
- A car carrier for cruise ships, among other everyday sights in "Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S." Even by the show's usual standards, that episode was insane.
- When the episode is titled "Operation: C.L.O.W.N.", hilarity is probably to be expected. Not only does Hoagie get in a decent joke for once ("Knock knock, who's there, not me!"), he then runs away from the clowns determined to never let him be funny again... and into the Big Top, where he proceeds to run over a seesaw, have an elephant fall on the other side so that he gets catapaulted into the grip of a trapese artist, is tossed into a cannon, and is finally fired onto a tight rope. Cut to audience member Abby, wide-eyed and mouth stuffed with popcorn.
- Even better, Numbuh Two is told to not tell any more jokes or "The Clowns" will come for him. What finally causes him to break? He and Numbuh Five running into a chicken crossing the road. If it wasn't Numbuh Two's horrified reaction that gets you, it's how Numbuh Five completely earnestly wonders why a chicken would cross a road.
- Heck,just the idea of a Clown Mafia itself is worth a laugh.
- Operation: A.F.L.O.A.T.Mr. Boss: You stupid kids, you can't hide in my garage! Wait a minute... I don't have a garage! *the garage transforms, revealing a KND vehicle*
Numbuh Five: (horrified) Numbuh Three!Numbuh Four: (just as horrified) The cheeseburger!Numbuh Five: Numbuh Four, that thing just ate Numbuh Three!Numbuh Four: But it didn't get the cheeseburger!
- The villains once again tried to ditch Toiletnator by telling him the barbecue was held in Antarctica, but as usual it didn't work.
- Numbuh Four hallucinating that Numbuh Three's Rainbow Monkey is a cheeseburger and desperately trying to reach it when she gets eaten by the great white asparagus.
Numbuh Three: Nobody's eating my Rainbow Monkey! You can just go eat a —Numbuh One: Great white asparagus!Numbuh Three: Well, that wasn't what I was thinking...
- Numbuh Three's last words just before she gets eaten.
- "Operation: B.U.T.T."
Numbuh 5: (reads mysterious note) "Leave your team behind, or we'll put your behind in the school yearbook?"Numbuh 4: What does that mean?Numbuh 5: I have no ide— (eyes widen in shock upon seeing the enclosed photo) Ah— Oh, no. Is that Nigel's hiney?!Numbuh 2: Wow. That is one big butt!Numbuh 4: Oh, 'lemme see! (snags photo) Wow-ho-ho-ho-ho! Wah-ha-hoo— WOW! WOWIE!!!Numbuh 3: Where did they get a camera big enough to capture all that tushie?! (She and Numbuh 4 burst out laughing)Numbuh 5: Come on, guys! This isn't funny! We've got to do something!Numbuh 2: Yeah! We've got to get to the "bottom" of this!(Numbuh 5 sighs, while Numbuhs 2, 3 and 4 laugh harder)Numbuh 5: Now, come on, guys!Numbuh 3: (between convulsions of laughter) That is not gonna fit in the yearbook!Numbuh 2: Unless they put a big section in the "rear!"(They crumble into even more laughter)Numbuh 5: OK, OK, now come on, guys!Numbuh 2: If I were Numbuh 1, I'd just turn the other "cheek!"(Numbuh 5 scowls at everyone before eventually succumbing to the jokes herself and exploding in hysterics)
- The reveal that Numbuh 1 has a huge butt and all the puns everybody makes at his expense.
- Operation: L.I.C.O.R.I.C.E."
Licorice Pirates: "Oooh..."
- Number Five challenges Stickybeard to a sugar swallowing contest. When Stickybeard decides to not do so, she replies "Unless you're... sugar-free." Cue all the pirates going "Oooh..."
- That same quote gets an Ironic Echo when it's revealed that Stickybeard was a cabin boy to legendary Black Licorice Pirate Old John. The undead pirate laughs in the face of the challenge so Stickybeard goes, "Unless ye be...sugar-free."
And that's when the Licorice, Licorice, turned rancid and black. It was dead, no, not red and tasted like (coughing).
- Even better, Numbuh Five takes his place in the sugar swallowing contest and ultimately spazzes out. Then, after defeating Black John once and for all, Stickybeard pours some sugar for he and Numbuh Five to partake in. Numbuh Five collapses into a sugar coma.
- How about the fact that Black John is lauded as unbeatable at sugar swallowing, yet the only reason he's unaffected is because he's just a licorice skeleton in his present state, and the sugar just passes right through his ribcage. This goes unmentioned by the episode itself.
- The pirate shanty about how the licorice pirates were cursed.
- "Operation: G.R.A.D.U.A.T.E.": We get to see the Delightful Children turned into sheep. Sheep that look like the one in Sheep in the Big City, no less! (Mo Willem, one of the main storyboard artists for KND, created the show).
- "Operation: Q.U.I.E.T."
Announcer: MONSTER TRUCK RALLY! DO YOU LIKE MONSTER TRUCKS? LOUD MONSTER TRUCKS? THE LOUDEST MONSTER TRUCKS THIS SIDE OF LOUDSVILLE!
- Numbuh Five tells everyone not to do anything that will wake up Numbuh One, because he needs a good night's sleep for the award ceremony taking place the next day. They all silently agree, then walk quietly over to the sofa, then Numbuh Two turns on the TV...
Numbuh Five: Be quiet!
- Made even funnier by the fact that Numbuh Two loses the remote the second the TV comes on.
- Made even funnier by the fact that when the Monster Truck Rally show comes on, Numbuhs Two, Three, and Four start running around in a panic trying to find the remote, and Numbuh Five just pushes the off switch at the bottom of the TV.
- In the episode's final shot, all the characters involved were sleeping together in a big pile... including the villains!
- This bit from "Operation: P.I.A.N.O.", after Numbuh Four botches the mission to destroy the Type-P torture device:Numbuh One: Okay, Kids Next Door. Simple question. What did we learn today?Numbuh Two: Do not deviate from plans.Numbuh Five: Teamwork is the key to mission success.Numbuh Three: Operational procedures are important.Numbuh Four: (in a wheelchair and covered in bandages) Pianos...are heavy.Numbuh One: Oh, close enough.
- The KND manage to destroy all the pianos before Numbuh Four screwed it up...except for the very piano that was meant for him.
- Operation S.C.I.E.N.C.E.:
- "CRAZY 80'S 2X4 SUPER-STORE!" is a barrel of laughs. Fart ID spray, the Jelly-O-Matic spraying the scientists with bean residue ("Twenty percent of the time, still working out the kinks out on that one...), and the Teacher-Canceling Headphones.
- Father is without a doubt one of the Kids Next Door's most dangerous foes. With his fire powers, he's a Person of Mass Destruction...unless he goes off around something that reacts to intense heat, like popcorn (M.U.N.C.H.I.E.S.) or ice (.T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G.) or cake frosting (C.A.K.E.D-.F.I.V.E.). Then, Hilarity Ensues.
- In the flashback beginning of Operation: M.A.U.R.I.C.E., Numbuh 9, the titular Maurice, is making a passionate vow to find the Teenz' source of Chicken Pox when his mother comes in with cookies for him and the Kids Next Door.Numbuh 9: Mooom! I'm in the middle of a life-defining speech here!
Maurice: You're not the boss of me.Maurice's mom: (from inside the house) What did you say?Maurice: (meekly) Nothing.
- Later he gets annoyed when she tells him to take out the trash.
- The Creative Closing Credits used in the 4th season onward, showing a little sketch while the credits run, are always good for a laugh in some episodes.
Numbuh One: (completely and utterly speechless, mouth hanging open)Numbuh Two: (same reaction, until he starts gagging, falling out of his chair in the process)Numbuh Three: (running in circles, hands over her ears) Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew!Numbuh Four: (same as 1 + 2, except his face/hair have been blasted backward)Numbuh Five: (nodding in seriousness)
- After C.L.U.E.S., Numbuh 2's grandma Lydia is going through the fridge, looking for something to eat while grumbling; "What am I craving? A man with a job. Haha, I crack myself up...!"
- From the earlier episode F.U.T.U.R.E., the credits featured Madame Margaret destroying her Girlifyer Ray... synchronized to the ending theme song.
- After D.I.A.P.E.R, Numbuh Five tells the others where babies come from, and we're privy to their reactions:
- In Operation: M.O.O.N., Sector V raises a picture of an earthrise to fool Numbuh 4's family living on the fake moon. Across North America in big yellow letters is 'FREE HAMBURGERS'.Numbuh 4: Free hamburgers?! Oh man! They're giving away free hamburgers on Earth?!
- Operation: C.L.U.E.S has Hoagie solving the mystery of who stabbed Kuki's Posh Party Rainbow Monkey during a dinner between the Gilligans and Sanbans. When it comes time for the dramatic reconstruction of the crime, which Kuki's sister Mushi committed, the episode suddenly switches to live-action, where a huge black man wearing a shirt that says "MUSHI" and a pair of Girlish Pigtails does some wonderfully hammy acting as he hugs the Posh Party Rainbow Monkey and tries to hide it. The changing style coupled with the sheer ridiculousness of this giant guy playing a little girl makes it a wonderful Big-Lipped Alligator Moment.
Hoagie: You're hiding something. Spill it!(Tommy nervously takes out an empty soda can and a wrapper from his pocket)Hoagie: Hey... this was my candy and soda, you rotten stinker! You stole this from my room!Tommy: I-I'm sorry, Hoagie.(Hoagie grabs Tommy by his cape)Hoagie: Why'd ya do it, Tommy?Tommy: I...I was...thirsty- no-no-no-no-no! I was... hungry...Hoagie: That fish is three days old and I ain't buying it!Kani: Now, look here boy-Hoagie: SIT DOWN! (Kani sits down reluctantly) Sing, Tommy!Tommy: I was thirsty-(gets slapped)-I mean hungry-(gets slapped again)-I mean thirsty-(slap)-Imeanhungry-(slap)-thungry-(slap)-hirsty-(slap)Hoagie: I want the truth!Tommy: I WAS HUNGRY AND THIRSTY!!!(everyone gasps in shock)
- There's also Mr. Sanban's furious reactions to Kuki and Mushi "fighting" over the Posh Party Rainbow Monkey...except they're not fighting at all, but being extremely kind and agreeable about it.
- This hilarious exchange between Hoagie and Tommy:
- Even better when you realize it's a reference to a scene from Chinatown of all things.
- Operation C.R.I.M.E. Numbuh Two is investigating why the hall monitors are randomly putting people in detention, only to end up in detention himself, leaving Numbuh Three to continue the case. She and the Delightfuls have a conversation, with the Delightfuls thinking she's figured out their plot and Numbuh Three convinced that they're having a map-colouring party.Delightfuls: Is there a reason you're interrupting our breakfast, Kuki Sanban?!Numbuh Three: I hear you can help me with my colouring problem.Delightfuls: We don't know what you're talking about!Numbuh Three: Ohhhh. I think you do!Delightfuls: Gasp (beat) You're smarter than you look, Sanban.Numbuh Three: (looking thrilled) I am?!
- Around the time the ARG site for Galactic Kids Next Door went up, the video for the ARG was uploaded by Morbidcrab. A few days later, the site was updated, and entering Morbidcrab gives this gem:MORBIDCRAB: why you gotta did that?
- Some of the responses for entering certain names are pretty hilarious:
- As are responses for entering rather crude words:Fuck or Fuck You: you watch your mouth
Shit: youâre not very nice
Penis: what? why— ew GROSS!
- Operation V.I.R.U.S:
'That's the same diarrhea thingy you made for history class!
- Numbuh 2's diorama, and Numbuh 4's reaction
- "Stop the g:KND", when Numbers 3 + 4 find out Lizzie is an alien:Number 4: (under his breath, a little scared) She looked better as a plant-Lizzie: I HEARD THAT!
- In the teaser proper, Numbuh 1's booger is used to activate a machine that will do something to the Earth. In context, it's really not that funny, but if you're not familiar with how the Kids Next Door universe works at this point, consider that a single booger will decide the fate of the world.
- The Stinger of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy Crossover shows a couple posters promoting five fake crossover specials called "Ed, Edd, N' Mandy", "Evil Camp Carne", "Class of Numbuh 3000", "My Gym Partner's A Mandark" and "Samurai Mac".
- In "Operation T.A.P.I.O.C.A", Numbuh Two is ambushed by the Senior Citizen Squad (the leader of whom is his grandmother), when their aging cream starts to wear off and they retreat before the others arrive. Numbuh Two tells the others what happened, they don't believe him, thinking he's making up stories. The next day...Numbuh 2: You guys gotta believe me! I was attacked by that gang of superpowered teenagers last night! Honest! I swear, I was!Numbuh 4: Oh, yeah? If you want us to believe you, you're gonna have to give us proof!(suddenly, the Senior Citizen Squad storms in, breaking the door down)SCS Leader: Teenagers, ATTACK!Numbuh 4: (meekly) You know what? I believe you...
- "Operation: F.E.R.A.L."
Numbuh Two: Is that...Numbuhs Two, Three, Four, and Five: ...Numbuh One?
- Numbuh One's goofy face after the Delightful Children knock him out with a Frying Pan of Doom.
- Sector V screaming like little girls and doing a group Security Cling after the feral Numbuh One suddenly lunges at them, and then their simultaneous incredulous reaction to realizing that Numbuh One has gone insane and is acting like a wild Rainbow Monkey.
- When Numbuh 86 reveals that the code they've been looking for in the jungles is part of a contest to get a free keychain, Numbuh One is so pissed that he immediately turns back to normal so he can yell at her for wasting resources and putting his team in danger.
- At the end of the episode, Numbuh One unleashes a horde of wild Rainbow Monkeys on the Delightful Children as revenge and walks away cheerfully whistling as they scream in terror.
- "Operation: M.A.T.A.D.O.R.":
Numbuh 1: I don't know what's worse: getting kicked in the face, or the humiliation.
- Soccer Mom, the Villain of the Week, sticks Numbuh One in the ground and paints his head to look like a soccer ball. At the end of the episode, Numbuh Four says, "Hey, somebody left a soccer ball!" and runs to kick the "ball" while pretending to be a sports commentator. The last thing heard before the credits roll is Numbuh One yelling in pain.
Ernie: IT'S WEDGIE TIME, TWERP!
- The heartwarming credits scene of Numbuh Four and his dad playing together quickly turns hilarious when they start running from their lives from a horde of rampaging bullies.
- The ending of "Operation: J.E.W.E.L.S.", where it turns out the special occasion Numbuh Five was saving her blurpleberry candy for was Numbuh One's birthday. Numbuh One complains about the candy being blurpleberry, which pisses off Numbuh Five and incites her to beat up Numbuh One.
- While the way the scene is played is a bit disturbing, Numbuh One's ramblings about how the adults are secretly manipulating children in "Operation: A.R.C.H.I.V.E." is also pretty hysterical, especially when he claims that the cafeteria food is made of Rainbow Monkeys.
- "Operation: F.L.U.S.H."
Toiletnator: I didn't expect an article of clothing to lie!
- When complaining about how dumb the Toiletnator is, Mr. Boss brings up that the Toiletnator once let Numbuh One in their lair just because he wore a shirt saying "I am not Numbuh One".
- When the Toiletnator mistakes his fellow villains for Sector V in disguise, he offends Mr. Boss by pointing out his baldness and the Crazy Old Cat Lady by calling her "portly".
- At the end of the episode, after the Toiletnator has unknowingly incapacitated his fellow villains and is about to be pummeled by the real Kids Next Door, he gets upset not because of how badly he screwed up, but because he forgot the coffee Mr. Boss told him to get!
- During the end credits, we see Sector V's Treehouse shake violently while the Toiletnator is heard screaming in pain from the beatings he's receiving from Sector V, culminating with the villain falling out of a sewer pipe.
- "Operation: C.A.K.E.D.-F.I.V.E."
- Father and Numbuh 86's amusement at Numbuh 19th Century not knowing what cartoons and television are.
- When the ice cream men finish writing the message on the Delightful Children's giant ice cream cake, one of them angrily points out that "Children" doesn't have two L's.
- Father's dismay at losing the recipe to the cake his great-grandmother made for the Annoyingly Cute Triplets Who Lived Upon a Hill.
- When Numbuh 19th Century asks if Numbuh 86's feelings for him change anything about how he has to be decommissioned, Numbuh 86 gleefully informs him that they don't.
- The Delightful Children complaining to Father that it's the worst birthday ever after the cake splatters everywhere in The Stinger.
Funny / Codename: Kids Next Door