- While trying to navigate through a cluster of boats, Captain Ron fails to inspire much confidence in Martin.Martin: Slow down! There's boats all over the place!Captain Ron: Don't worry. They'll get out of the way. I learned that driving the Saratoga.
- Captain Ron, explaining how he lost his eye, and lost his last job.Captain Ron: It happened when I went down off the coast of Australia.Katherine: Your boat sank?Captain Ron: No, no, no, no. Not my boat. My boss's boat. Yeah, we hit this reef. Huge son-of-a-bitch. Ran the whole coast.Katherine: Wait. The Great Barrier Reef?Captain Ron: You've heard of it, huh? Smart lady.
- The U.S. State Department send an agent to "help" Martin and Katherine in on San Juan.Agent: Mr. and Mrs. Harvey? I'm Bill Zachary from the U.S. State Department. I've got some good news for you.Katherine: Oh. You found our children.Agent: No. But you're not being charged with subversion.
- Ben and Captain Ron play Monopoly, for "real" money.Captain Ron: Three houses, 375! That's 37 cents.Ben: Well that's... Half the money I have left.Captain Ron: Yeah, shit happens. Cough it up.
- Later in the movie Ben plays Monopoly with the guerrillas and cleans them out. When they complain, he repeats Ron's response.
Funny / Captain Ron