open/close all folders
Big Brother UK
- From Big Brother 2006, there was a task where the housemates had to all go into the main room and recite the pledge of allegiance to the State of Susie whenever the fanfare played. As you can guess, they would often do this several times in less than ten minutes. Hilarity Ensues when Nikki is trying to take a nap and just about every time she goes to bed and gets comfortable, the fanfare plays.
"Nikki, is that silence?"
- Nikki was either really good for a laugh or really good for a bunch of annoyance.
- Another Nikki moment was where she was told to go to the diary room and as punishment, had to sit in there in silence until Big Brother is satisfied. Nikki then proceeds to throw a tantrum, and after awhile had been in the diary room for about 20 minutes, and only silent for SIX minutes. Some of Big Brother's comments were also funny.
- Pete falling into the pool is just a great bit of slapstick.
- And inspeaking of Pete, he had a little too much fun with Automated Big Brother.
- Later in the week, Automated Big Brother broke down.
- Flood Night in 2010.
- From Big Brother 2008, the Electric Shock task. The houseguests had to wear suits that had electrodes in them while three walked to the back and guided a wand through a complex maze. If the wand touched the wire, the housemates would all receive a shock. To say Hilarity didn't ensue would be lying - it was released on DVD for a reason!
- Kathreya and her obsession with cookies in 2008.
- The song "Cookie Love" that Kathreya and Darnell sang.
- With due respects to her, Jade Goody could say a couple funny things that were unintentionally funny. However; people aren't as keen to make fun of her as much for obvious reasons.
- The boys enjoying their "girls night in" in 2013. Especially Daley & Dan's DR session afterwards.
- Amanda from the 2007 series breaking so many microphones that they eventually gave her a megaphone instead.
Celebrity Big Brother UK
- Celebrity Big Brother 2016. David is dead. Saying just David without a surname and a David sick in the bed causes a Black Comedy at it's finest.
- The entire gimmick for Season 22 (Summer 2018) being a parody of Donald Trump's presidency, from a White House set, to having a POTUS and VP housemate, to having housemates build a wall and trying to stop intruders stealing green cards for a task. They tried to get Stormy Daniels in the house too but she had to turn it down at the last minute for childcare reasons.
Big Brother US
Big Brother 1:
Episode 1 (Premiere)
- There's something amusing about going back to the very first episode of the US run and seeing things that are totally archaic compared to the most recent seasons. You have reporter Ian O'Malley, a guy who only appeared at the beginning, talking about daily luxuries like Walkmans not allowed in the house, the body mics needing meaty power packs worn on hip holsters, and an actual person manning a camera from behind a hidden one-way window inside a filming booth hidden away behind the scenes, a "silent rogue" named "Scoop". The show is called Big Brother 2000 by Julie, and finally, the website for it is hosted by "CBS's Internet partner", America Online (AOL, which is defunct as of now). You even had a bookie guessing the odds for who would win!
- George's introduction package. He establishes the norm for all future zany contestants by flaunting a picture of himself posing on an ice-covered bench... in his underwear. And this is a dad bod we're talking about here.
- In her intro, Cassandra's Indian friend Rajeswary gives her Brutally Honest opinion of her going on the show:Rajeswary: I think she's out of her mind, frankly.
- The night and day contrast with Britany's introduction. She goes from a conservative job at a drug company to a party girl dressed like a Japanese pop star and complaining that her dad doesn't like her nose ring because he think's she's into self-mutilation. And then she starts talking about how much she likes church and is a virgin... and then we see her lying on the kitchen floor of her house just because she wants to.
- As soon as she exits the tinted SUV that ferried her to the house, Karen drops her body mic.
- Right after everyone enters the house, William, who has held the door open ('cause he's a gentleman like that), pauses. And then proceeds to celebrate his entry into the house, which gets Julie openly laughing.William: (pumping his fist each time he yells) YEAH!! YEAH!!
Episode 2 (Day 1)
- The houseguests' first remarks on the house as they enter:Cassandra: (observing the plain bright yellow wallpaper) Hey, it's like kindergarten.Curtis: I mean, it's an IKEA showroom.(houseguests laugh)
- Will immediately sneaking a strawberry from the platter meant for the other houseguests.
- The first house's outdoor pool was a bit... underwhelming.Cassandra: Check out the miniature pool.Karen: (laughs) Oh my gosh, it looked bigger in the picture!Curtis: I don't think we'll have any drowning deaths.(the others laugh)Cassandra: (mirthful) That's hilarious.
- The origin of "Chicken" George's nickname. The first house had an outdoor vegetable garden (free vegetables) and a chicken coop (free eggs) to save money on the shopping list. George got his nickname because as soon as the houseguests first emerged into the backyard area, they found that one of the chickens had flown the coop and was loose. George decided to retrieve him, boasting, "I know a little bit about these rascals". Ergo, "Chicken" George Boswell!!!
- As George is handling the chicken:Curtis: You have to grab him by that—Eddie: Yeah, once you chase the little bastard around. (Black Comedy considering this is coming from the guy with one leg on crutches)
- And to make matters even funnier during the chicken catching situation, George then tells the others this:George: Do you know— do you guys know... I got a book on this...Curtis: Really?George: That I got from the library?Curtis: Uh-huh...George: Which I'm gonna have a massive late fine on when I get back.Curtis: Something tells me they're gonna understand this one... (laughs)
- Watching Jordan mess around with the cameras. She gets them to track her every motion and we hear the servos whirring.Jordan: Wow, that's creepy.
- Eddie "enjoying" the tiny pool- and possibly mocking his own one-legged handicap.Eddie: I'm gonna check this pool out. (sits down on his belly and dunks his head in the pool)
Episode 3 (Day 2)
- Karen being dressed up as an Asian pop star in one of Brittany's wigs and green lipstick. Jamie gets the idea they should tell the others something's happened and somebody from the Big Brother house has entered (a stranger), and Karen tells George that their "daughter" has corrupted her.
- George latter donning the same dreadlocked wig with a straw hat and sunglasses and pretending to be a chicken, clucking. He laughs so much he lets a cuss slip.
- The houseguests pretending to be other houseguests when wearing name tags. Eddie takes it a bit too far pretending to be Jordan and does a striptease. Hopping over the red room chair on one leg. Insanely rude yet so outlandish and bizarre you can't help but gawp at it.
- Will rejoicing when he gets banished first.
- Though the first season has been generally forgotten by all but the die-hard fans, the Early Installment Weirdness led to one memorable moment in particular: Every week, each houseguest was required to nominate two contestants for "banishment," as eviction was called at the time. The two houseguests with the most nominations would then face a vote by the viewers themselves. The nominations took place in the diary room, allowing for total anonymity...until the week there were five houseguests left, and Chicken George ended up with the most nominations - four - meaning everyone else nominated him for banishment. "Total anonymity" was blown right out of the water. The awkwardness of the moment quickly gave way to hilarity as George found it all funny as hell, and could not stop laughing.George:[in mock outrage]: Dammit, who voted for me? [uproarious laughter]
Big Brother 2:
- Shannon scrubbed the toilet with Hardy's toothbrush to get revenge on him, and it became a classic moment. However, Shannon's temper crossed over into Dude, Not Funny! territory when she put chips underneath another houseguest's pillow implying she was fat.
- Shannon was also called out on her toothbrush scrubbing because it was a health hazard.
- In the endurance challenge, Will shifted around so much Nicole let go of the key and was eliminated from the challenge. Even if she was thinking "Wall Banger", it was funny to see what she did in the Confession Cam.
- Nicole: And I (silence) lost it! The most IMPORTANT (silence) competition!! AAAAAALLLLL because of Will's ASS!!!!"
Big Brother 3:
- In the "Houseguest Soup" HOH competition, Roddy chickened out after only a minute in, before the live part was over, when Chiara dumped the squid in.
- Julie: (from the studio) Roddy, out already?
Big Brother 4:
- There was a Running Gag in the house where Alison's stuffed animal would wind up looking like it committed suicide. One of the funniest was when she found its head in the oven.
- For the final question in the HOH competition:
- How many days you dated with your ex in this house? Ali (Justin's ex): 1. Jun (Jee's ex): 1,000,000.
Big Brother 5:
- When Nakomis says the name of the Week 7 food competition, the editors deepened her voice and added a lightning flash.
Big Brother 6:
- One week, the houseguests had to hold down buttons in the pressure cooker for a Head of Household competition. Most of the houseguests would get prizes if they lost, and Beau won a Martini bar - so for several hours he just made cocktail after cocktail after cocktail and got trashed. And then Janelle, his Sitcom Arch-Nemesis dropped out and begun to have a couple drinks with Beau. April dropped out of the competition so the two wouldn't fight with each other and this exchange happened:
- April (in the Diary room): Really, I totally did it on purpose.
- At least once or twice, Ivette would be in the Diary Room and instead of her occupation below her name, it simply said "She's gay".
- The infamous drunk-off "You date older mennnnnn!"/"Polyester hair!" blowup between Janelle and Beau, who are both absolutely plastered. Most people in the house just put up with Janelle acting like a big horse's patoot while drunk (with a couple people getting annoyed enough to consider evicting her next), but Beau, also being drunk, took it seriously and the two were soon screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs.
- Jennifer throwing the key to the HOH Room away from Janelle, after Janelle shouted, "Give me that key, bitch!" Her response in the Diary Room was that she would have given the key to her nicely, but after Janelle said that and chose herself to act like a bitch, Jennifer decided to toss the key into the backyard and make Janelle fetch it like one.
Janelle: Bye-bye, bitches!
- Later, Janelle getting her revenge nomination secured as Howie carries her off in a victory celebration over the Friendship.
Big Brother 7 (All-Stars):
- Will and Boogie just did not care too much about the game so in the Diary Room, they had those Chilltown calls.
- This footage of Marcellas and Howie at Loser's Lodge.Howie: Ultimate betrayal.(Marcellus looks up at the balcony)Marcellus:....NOOOOOOO!!!
- Will flirting with the backyard camera.
Big Brother 8:
- Another task that Eric was asked to do was to mimic a houseguest. The public voted for him to mimic Evel Dick, and one time, Evel Dick basically throws cereal all over his face while everyone (including Eric) is clearly enjoying it.
- The luxury competition wherein Zach, Dick, and Eric had to team up against Jessica, Daniele, Jameka, and Amber into taking off as many shirts from their body as possible and using the letters on the shirts to spell the words out to win the competition. The boys had taken off the letters to spell "Toga" but instead spelled "Goat" while they tried to figure out what the other words spelled. Then Jessica yells "Toga!" on the other side, which had been doing much better. Cue Oh, Crap! from Zach, Dick, and Eric as they realize they're going to lose.
- Jen's breakdown: "I shall now perform....eating."
- Dick's absolutely ruthless multi-hour rant/roast of everyone in the house when he decides to make everyone despise him as a strategy to save his daughter from eviction.
Big Brother 9:
- When Sharon began to drive the house crazy while baby-talking the guinea pigs, Joshuah and Adam started mocking her in the diary room. Then finally, someone in the writing crew had this funny idea:
- Guinea Pig: Sharon should go up on the block this week!Guinea Pig #2: Yeah! She's crazy!
- Even later in the season, there is a montage of everyone saying they weren't lied to, and then the guinea pigs say they weren't lied to either.
- When the writers returned from the writers strike, they began to insert some Funny Moments through editing, such as when the boys were reading the bible, they showed a "Bible Buddies" screen.
- Parker walks to the bathroom and hears Jen and Ryan having sex inside. He then looks towards the camera and smiles.
Big Brother 10:
- It's locked! It's locked!
- The puppet show.
Big Brother 11:
- Jeff wins the Coup d'etat by public vote, and he's called to the Diary Room to collect his prize. But he can't quite pronounce it.
- Jeff: Coop-de-tat?
- After Jessie was evicted, Chima, Lydia, and Natalie held a small "memorial" service in the kitchen and shared wine, acting as if Jessie had died and saying he would be missed. Kevin meanwhile just sat there looking at them weirdly, and mentioned in the Diary Room that he was Surrounded by Idiots.
- Casey received a punishment from a challenge that he had to wear a banana suit for a week. After the show? He started selling Banana-themed merchandise on eBay.
- Chima's monumental meltdown and subsequent expulsion after spending nearly the entire game flouting its rules, which is obviously not meant to be funny, but so over the top and cathartic it doubles back into funny. She even had the nerve to wreck her body mic (by drowning it, no less!)- and this is something the producers specifically warned the houseguests not to do at their own expense.
Big Brother 12:
- Pick ANY one of Kathy's performances in competitions.
- There was a "punishment" where the houseguests had to stand up and dance whenever music started playing. Hilarity Ensues when Enzo has to get up and start dancing in the Diary room, and when they play it in the middle of the night. Ragan starts dancing while half-asleep.
- When Annie revealed that Brendan has a Masters degree in Physics which he was keeping secret we get confessionals from both Andrew and Ragan both who lied about their jobs of being a Doctor and a College Professor both bragging no one knows their job.
- Andrew: Good thing no one knows i'm a Doctor!Ragan: Good thing no one knows i'm a College Professor!
- Britney was good for a lot of laughs! When she was tethered to Brendon thanks to a challenge talking how he had to take a chum dip every couple of hours, you could see her mouthing "Help me" in the diary room.
- In the first competition wherein houseguests would ride across on a giant hot dog to the other side, Britney was told she couldn't compete after she fell and hurt her ankle.
- "I lost my dignity on a giant weiner."
- In the first competition wherein houseguests would ride across on a giant hot dog to the other side, Britney was told she couldn't compete after she fell and hurt her ankle.
- Enzo's "space adventure".
- Rachel being dim enough to go to a competition with no pants. This trend continues into The Amazing Race.
- Brittney, Ragan, and Matt sneaking into Rachel's HOH room and trying on her hair extensions and having a Rachel-bashfest imitating her diva personality. Then Rachel walks in and they all freeze... and Rachel thinks they're flattering her.
- The Zingbot. It's clear the houseguests were having fun, too.
- It's no secret that Jessie is a Creator's Pet, and was so even by BB 12, even some of his haters admitted that his appearance in BB 12 was Actually Pretty Funny. Britney was offered a chance to have a former Big Brother player give her some tips...except that they never specified what kinds of tips those were, so cue Britney locked in the Pandoras Box room with Jessie giving her tips on weight-lifting while the other houseguests were lead to a luau in the backyard.
- At the live finale as Julie starts sorting the votes for Hayden and Lane, Julie casually realizes she's putting the votes in the wrong boxes!
Big Brother 13:
- Dominic and Brendon have a superhero fight in the back yard.
- This was funny due to the editing. We see Jeff and Jordan talking to each other while Rachel and Porsche are running laps around the back yard. Every time Rachel runs by, music plays, and then stops whenever she runs out of sight. Then Rachel falls down.
- That footage of Keith trying to get all the milk out of a fellow contestant's sponge suit for a competition is clearly not going away anytime soon.
- The first veto competition, in which both Keith and Porsche (who are partners) are throwing it. This leads to this perfect cut to the diary room.Porsche: "I'm throwing the Veto competition and Keith has no idea."(Jump Cut to Keith's Diary room)Keith: "I'm throwing the Veto and Porsche has no idea."
- Even funnier is that Jeff and Jordan did worse than them. Yes, Jeff and Jordan did worse than the team that was throwing the competition.
- "I'm being beaten by a team that's throwing the competition!"
- Even funnier is that Jeff and Jordan did worse than them. Yes, Jeff and Jordan did worse than the team that was throwing the competition.
- Rachel says everyone is playing the game for themselves and is mad at people for doing so. This is ironic because the person saying this is Rachel.
- Another gem from Rachel " I'll just get evictedorselfevictedorvictor-AH."
- One time, the production forgot to turn off Rachel's microphone and she went to the bathroom...live. OOPS!
- Around Cassi's eviction, you can spot the Zingbot in the audience.
- And now he's no longer just a cameo. Zingbot returns to zing the new final few, and even host his own competition!
- Shelly: "I am probably the only one in this house who knows what a dishwasher even is, since nobody in the house does their dishes!"
- The Zingbot again.Zingbot: Hey Jordan. The reason that Jeff hasn't proposed to you yet because he knows you are bad at answering questions!Jordan: *To the Confession Cam* What?
- The look on Adam's face (and his overall reaction) when Tori Spelling walked into the house. One has never seen a grown man Squee! like so before.
- Jordan, "We beat all odds!" This is extra funny considering that Jordan had been bailed out by a combination of Pandora's Box and two challenges that were tailored to Rachel's strengths.
Big Brother 14:
- Frank's argument that Shane should use the Veto on him. One word: "Apreesshh".
- Danielle and JoJo comparing their New York and Southern accents.
- When Willie called a house meeting with no coaches, everyone started asking "Where's Boogie?", including the Coaches who weren't allowed on the meeting, thinking he was leading it. Jump Cut to Boogie sleeping.
- Another similar moment happened when Janelle was trying to convince Shane and Britney to keep Joe in the house after a small argument, Janelle says she has to talk to Joe to convince him to deal with Shane saying that Boogie could be talking to Joe cut to Boogie, Frank and Ian talking about working out.
- Ian appears to be trying to do some funny things, like poking around the house, running around naked...
- Boogie saying that he used to work with Dr. Will, one of the greatest players of all time, now he works with Ian who kicks himself the face, saying that someone should kick him in the face.
- They got Dr. Will to make a cameo talking about which coach has the best strategy, who would win etc but what was really funny was who Will thought was going to win.Will: I had to guess it would be Ian. Some people would think Ian and Boogie have nothing in common but that is not true because Boogie is just a forty year old Ian.
- Ashley talking about the "Spiritual world", coupled with Britney's weird face since she was obviously having none of it. Too many narcotic painkillers for the back will do that to ya!
- Boogie during an argument with Frank and Ian.Boogie: This is the Big Brother house. We can bounce checks.
- Britney talking about Janelle's lack of emotions.
- Boogie sitting in the diary room saying that he drafted the brains and the brawn. Pan out to Frank in a spiritard and Ian in a dog suit.Frank: Go team.Ian: Woof.
- Joe's bizarre Tall Tales.
- Zingbot returns for his third time to deliver more glorious zings, but the best one by far, even considered so by the houseguests, was the one for Danielle.Zingbot: Hey Danielle, I heard Shane's getting you something after the game...a restraining order! Ziiing!
"Awww it's a baby Zingbot. I love babies!"
- Britney zings Boogie by saying Boogie's eyes are too busy looking up due to his Botox.
- Ashley epically failing at the veto challenge. Then after the veto...
Zingbot: It's a bo-oooot!!
- The "Baby zingbot" itself.
- Britney zings Boogie by saying Boogie's eyes are too busy looking up due to his Botox.
- When Joe's family was introduced, suffice to say, he gets a few zings from his own family.Sarah: I'm Sarah and I'm Joe's-no wait, I'M SARAH AND I'M JOE'S WIFE.
- Joe's kids even got in on the act, and say "Turn down the volume!". Heck, Joe's wife even says that amongst the gameplay advice she'd give is to turn down the volume.
- Joe's son says to shave that white-thing on his face.
- Jenn trying to squeeze the lemon juice from Danielle in a Have Have Not challenge. Understand that this is pretty hot on the heels of Danielle getting over some ignorance of lesbians, and in a challenge where one person is to help other teammates wring out a padded suit wring out lemonade that they are soaking u. Cut to Jenn, not only riding Danielle, but GRINDING in the process.
- Boogie gives a really really rude bye message to Janelle. Britney gets back at Boogie by giving him a similar burn.
- Joe's goodbye speech, which he was forced to make after a physically challenging veto competition, consisted of him pantomiming "kick her out and keep me".
- The Brigade making a cameo.
- Joe and Jenn fall off the endurance challenge before the live show's even over.
- Frank's been more than willing to wear silly costumes, such as a carrot suit and the unitard. He even tried to lobby for his safety while wearing said Carrot-suit, and admitted people would take him more seriously.
- After Jessie's fifth-time returning, he leaves out the front door and Frank says the one thing we've been wanting to say to Jessie since 2008.Frank: "..And don't come back!"
- The second double eviction has several.
- While attempting to have a private conversation with Dan, Jenn accidentally closes the door on Ian's fingers.
- Dan then tells Jenn to leave, & Ian believes Dan's addressing him, and attempts to leave, before Dan calls him back.
- At the nomination ceremony, Joe puts himself in the nominee seat before Dan has even announced who he nominated.
- During the second eviction, the houseguests take their time coming to the living room, so Julie hilariously says "In the living room. Now........ don't make me come in there."
- During Joe's eviction interview, Julie asks Joe once & for all what that white thing on his chin is.
- Danielle's epic Jaw Drop when Dan, widely recognized as one of the all-time most cunning houseguests, blindsides Shane mere moments after a deal was struck to eliminate Ian.
Big Brother 15:
- After being nominated, Candice told the others she wasn't going to just sit in the corner & cry. Cut to her crying in the Diary Room.
- Andy says, "It's not every day you get to see baby pictures of the devil". The Devil referring to Aaryn.
- Amanda saying she was afraid that Clowny, Aaryn's stuffed clown, would come to life and kill people.
- Julie Chen zings Aaryn, Jessie, and Nick. in one, The biggest gem comes when Nick realized that Gina Marie was the only one who was really into him."Well maybe you should have kissed Jessie - she'd give you a vote."
- Aaryn says that she never said anything racist.note
- Howard decides to throw the have not competition just to make sure Aaryn and Gina Marie are have nots... and still manages to win anyways.
- Aaryn's fight with Amanda.*beat*Amanda: What game do you think you're playing?
- Week four, wherein America was the MVP and they got to vote on the nominee (and subsequent replacement). Hilariously, enough people voted Elissa that she got nominated.
- Week five. Aaryn won head of household once more... and Amanda gave a hilarious diary room entry where she talks about Clowny. Then he gradually slides into the shot. Amanda has a lot of fun with it!
- Andy talking about how the hammock is his place to relax and think about things... after which he is nearly attacked by a small bird in said hammock.
- Everyone cracking up during the Week 6 nomination ceremony. Production even had the dramatic music suddenly die out when Judd started laughing.
- Cutting off the basic necessities, Gina Marie spends 30% of time doing nothing and spewing mean things, spends 30% of time obsessing over Nick, and 50% of her time doing over the top stuffs that makes people wonders that if she is really over 30, her HOH blog that she's written certainly told everyone that she is a trainwreck.
- Helen and Gina Marie have a heart to heart discussion about one another's families. When Helen brings up that her Korean mother has difficulty understanding English, GM comments that it "would be like living in a different country".
- Amanda has gone flying off the deep end and tormented Elissa so much the other houseguests save showmance McCrae secretly decide to get rid of Amanda instead. When GM wins HOH and she and Judd talk in the HOH room, Amanda drops in and asks if it's okay to enter, but GM tells her they'll be talking a few more minutes. As soon as Amanda leaves, Judd gives her a very well-deserved middle finger behind her back... in a chicken suit.
- Before Amanda's eviction, Elissa trades her(who decides to keep her further)wedding ring with Amanda's wedding band as a promise. Why it is funny? Because this move is originated from BB13, where Shelly trades her wedding ring (that is revealed to be fake) with Rachel, ELISSA'S SISTER, to lengthen her stay in this house.
- Judd's punishment of the "Gift of health", repeatedly annoying him in the diary room.
- While what he said into it is extremely blue, there is something hilarious about Spencer thinking if he uses McCrae's body mic, he can become the actual voice of McCrae.
Big Brother 16:
- Joey assuming the powerful male alter ego "Alex" to campaign to stay inside the house. All she manages to campaign to the house is that she's completely lost it.
- Everyone thinking Donny is ex military - the editors had so much fun with that. Bonus points because they're completely wrong.
- Nicole being punished by being turned into a frog as the dethroned HOH of Week 3.
- Devin broke the door on the way to the veto competition.(Devin lets go of the doorknob and entire thing, complete with face plate, rips out of the door)(music cuts out for an awkward pause as Devin looks at what just happened)Devin: (grinning, sheepishly) Uhhhhmm.... Broke the door handle...
- Jocasta's hysterical tears after Donny shows her he won the veto, with the background music changing to Narmy violins. It's immediately followed by Cody busting in to do a Chippendale striptease to cheer her up.Brittany: You are naughty!
- While Julie was talking about how Hayden and Nicole's votes might align, Hayden and Nicole can be seen frog-hopping to each other.
- Victoria does it a few weeks later by doing a funny walk when Julie Chen isn't looking.
- Zach's "fruit loop dingus" speech.
- Nicole trying to drink from a tankard and the lid fell right on her nose.
- Cody getting the "penalty kick" punishment. Likewise, Nicole suffers the wrath of the "Germitard". And poor Brittany has to kick and score 2,400 goals in 24 hours. Zach makes it easier for her by lining his face up behind the goal... and the ball whacks him in the nads.
- Nicole sending a pool ball right into Hayden's crotch.
- While sleeping, Cody accidentally whacks himself in the face, looks around confused for a moment, the immediately goes back to sleep.
- Zach's eviction, which consists of said evictee throwing food at the remaining houseguests.
- He also leaps up immediately without Julie even telling him he's evicted, causing her to laugh. Frankie even holds his mouth open for some Froot Loops.
- Say what you will about Jocasta, she had some pretty funny diary room entries, where she got "phone calls". What was extra funny about these was that of all people, it was Jocasta, who wasn't much of a joker to the house.
- The Zingbot and Kathy Griffin delivered some - and were funny in VERY twisted ways. Among these:
- "Frankie, how'd you get so tan living in your sister's shadow? ZING!"
- Kathy Griffin to Victoria said "I would zing you but I'm only supposed to zing people that are actually playing the game."
- Kathy Griffin's best one of all: "What do you call someone... who's not afraid to cry, wears pink (Frankie starts pointing to himself thinking that Kathy is referring to him and she's looking right at him), and cuddles with men? ...You call them ZACH! (Zach's expression sinks and the houseguests laugh and jeer like hyenas; Kathy points at Zach while he droops his head down, then she struts right up to him) ....ZING, MOTHAFUCKA, ZING!" (Zach himself cracks up, knocks over his chair, and the houseguests all lose it)
- Later, in the diary room, Zach would claim that he was ready to be zinged by Zingbot, but getting zinged by Kathy Griffin was the equivalent of getting nuked.
- Cody being told he's made no enemies... except for Christine's husband.
- While the season overall has gotten pretty boring, the diary room entries have gotten to be quite hilarious - among these being Frankie saying "I will win this competition, I'm good at numbers!" only to get knocked right out, or all the diary room entries when the fake bombs exploded during the veto competition.
- "DONNY! You are out!" Donny doesn't go sit down... because he was looking for something to eat.
- Jocasta "looks" for a knockout token in the trash, then immediately dumps all the trash on the ground.
- Victoria becomes the editor's chew toy, being portrayed as useless in competitions, and completely clueless as to what is happening behind the scenes.
- Frankie hitting the Rewind button without realizing he was effectively destroying his own game. Probably the best comeuppance all season.
- The look on Cody's face when he was told he had to put the dinosaur suit back on.
- The entirety of the jury segment right before the Rewind twist had several:
- Zach entering the jury house and being greeted with a birthday gift...an exact replica of the pink hat that Victoria cut up.
- Donny imitating Christine's laugh, only for Christine to walk right into the area, and then getting the cold shoulder from all of the jurors.
- When the jurors watched the video clip of Christine winning the bomb defusing veto, Donny can be seen muttering "Turn it off."
- Donny raising his hands in excitement when Christine mentioned that she got booed.
- Hayden asks Christine about liking people in dinosaur costumes (a direct reference to Cody), and Donny immediately responds with "Do you have an attorney?"
- Victoria's story about being abducted by a crow as a child. This one was confirmed to be true.
- There's something entertaining about Season 2's winner and fan favourite Evil Dr Will's conversation with the Jury of Season 16, as the Jury members essentially bash the exact kind of game Will himself played (and won) 14 years earlier (by winning absolutely no in-game competitions and very secretly being The Chessmaster). Whenever they'd talk negatively about how Derrick (The Chessmaster) and Victoria (who won no competitions at all) played, Will would just ask, with everyone almost talking over him, "Yes, but is that a bad thing?"
Big Brother 17:
- Jace streaking.
- Johnny Mac and Becky's skit for dealing with an awkward date.
- Johnny Mac waking up to Jace... engaging in savagery. While Jace is wearing a sleep mask and the two are sharing the same bed.
- After Da'Vonne gets the last laugh and answers the phone on the right moment she does a funny Happy Dance.
- Steve is playing with the vases in one of the rooms, and the announcer comes on and says, "Steve, stop that."
- Steve flirting with one of the cameras.
- Almost anything that comes out of Johnny Mac's mouth.
- John, Jason, and Liz's "Whackstreet Boys" punishment.
- Audrey's Villainous Breakdown, consisting of her wafting around the house in a gray blanket like a shroud and sunglasses and becoming a ghostly presence to all as she wallows in misery and bunkers down in the Diary Room.
- Even funnier- someone online set it to the Imperial March from Star Wars like she was a Sith Lord.
- While trying to convince James to replace either herself or Clay with Austin, Shelly tells him that Austin's wrestling alter-ego was named Judas, and implies that this alone is enough to make him untrustworthy. After a beat:James: Have you partaken in any narcotics today, Shelly?
- Vanessa's Oh, Crap! when she realizes she'd been spraying her hair not with hairspray, but with cleaning disinfectant.
- Becky's super casual reveal that she got hit by a train.
- James not knowing what brussel sprouts were when they showed up in Becky's HOH bag.
- James talking about his daughter is mostly heartwarming, but it's funny due to him describing how he found out about her nine months after a one-night stand.James: I walk into the hospital in a daze and they go "Are you alright?" and I say "I...I have a daughter". They go "Congratulations!" And I go "I just found out two hours ago". They go "Ooohhh..."
- A game of spin-the-bottle. Geeky Steve gets the "first kiss of my twenties" from Meg.
- Tipsy Meg getting the hots for Steve.
- Words of encouragement from James to Meg.James: Meg, you're gonna win this competition! ...If everybody quits.
- Zingbot 9000 (formerly 3000) comments he is now "zingle" and that inspired him to get an upgrade. Guess when your robot wife you built takes the kid you built, too, that's all you can do to feel like a bigger bot.
- Johnny Mac saying that in order to fool Vanessa, you need reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse-reverse psychology.
- The montage of James's pranks during the recap episode.
- The Food Fight on Day 88.
Big Brother 18:
- During the first competition for the teams to earn the right for safety, Tiffany is the first one of Team Freakazoid to fall off. In his Diary Room entry, fellow teammate Glenn chastises Tiffany that he can barely do good in anything physical and states that her falling makes him look superior to her. Cut to Glenn falling off next.
- The rap battle on the live feeds.
- Paul's epic failure in the fourth roadkill competition.
- Michelle zings Tiffany after how much of a crybaby she is."These ropes are more sensitive than Tiffany."
- Michelle getting wasted at the Outback feast, and then kissing James and Corey... but only hugging Paul.
- Michelle freaking out about hitting Paul with apples and bruising him after getting mad that he tampered with her beverage. She tries hard not to cry... before collapsing into absolute hysterics and carrying them all the way into the Diary Room.
- The care package for Nicole is delivered... and it hits Natalie in the head.
- Victor's fail at the dart competition.
- When Nicole and Paul are fighting about her getting him nominated, Corey suddenly runs into the kitchen and starts taking his unitard off. The music even changes to a swanky striptease mix.Corey: "Oh, are you guys fighting?"
- Zingbot riffing Paul's overuse of catchphrases by telling him to "Shut the BUUUUUUZZZ up."
- The picture on Michelle's Instagram of Glenn giving GinaMarie a piggyback ride at a BB meet and greet.
Big Brother: Over the Top:
- In the second Head of Household competition, Jason talks about the discrepancy between Whitney and Justin as they use a prop sword to hold a fake crown onto a board. It repeatedly cuts between Whitney with a blank expression on her face... and Justin who is dancing while still holding the sword in place.
- Kryssie looks out at a climbing wall and, without missing a beat, says "Aw for fuck's sake."
- Justin intentionally tosses the veto competition.
- Morgan's final speech alludes to Monte... cut to a dummy dressed like Monte with a balloon for a face (complete with a marker-doodle face) that had been placed into a corner.
Big Brother 19:
- This season, the female houseguests are big fans of fancy shoes like high heels and wedges. Then, going into the first temptation, literally all of them have been forced to trade them for bare feet for safety reasons. Why is this so funny? Only the girls are de-shoed, while the guys are all clad in sensible boots and sneakers.
- Poor, poor Cameron. He has the worst luck out of any houseguest ever on the US version. He chooses not to take the first temptation out of fear of the consequences. Kevin takes it and Paul returns to the Big Brother house later that evening, and now the house has one too many people and must discard somebody. In the first HOH, Cameron tries to throw it, succeeds, then finds himself up on the block with two other people because he got a poisoned apple. All three people in danger of eviction get to choose whether the house has a vote or a competition to decide who stays and who goes; Cameron knows he's not got a lot going on in terms of looks, but tons of athleticism. He chooses a competition and the girls want a vote. The house naturally keeps the hotties in and kicks him out. Cameron finds himself out of the house on the first night. Yes, you read right- not day, NIGHT. He was out of the house in under twenty-four hours. He lost before he had a chance to get started. Then he gets to compete to reenter and comes so, so close! But Cody overtakes his lead and knocks him out of the running for good. It's almost as if Cameron was channeling Bad Luck Brian the whole time he was playing the game.
- Cameron, in utter desperation to save his ass, shows it to the girls... by hosting an impromptu striptease. It's not pretty.
- He can at least rest easily knowing that he's one of the most liked houseguests this season, if only because during his time in the house, he didn't suck up to Paul and demonstrated independent thinking.
- Kevin dressed up as Poesidon as the host of a POV competition. He has the perfect body for it, but his pride is so not having it. And who knew the god of the sea had tattoos galore and pronounces "starfish" "STAH-PHISH"?note
- Paul riding the bull by mounting on Jason's shoulders to cheer up the house. In ass-less chaps. Yes, he had pants on. Unfortunately, Christmas tries this later and the two fall over in the backyard, resulting in her seriously mangling her foot when she falls down on it.
- Some Black Comedy after Jason (Whistle-Nut the rodeo clown in real life) and Christmas's mutual horseplay led to Christmas having her foot broken in ten places.Christmas: It was like a bomb went off in my foot.Jason: HEY, SHUT UP, ASS CLOWN!note
- Jason later joking and miming a pistol to the mouth upon reflecting on how he felt about that moment, showing it's all water under the bridge.
- After Christmas takes the Ring of Replacement, she must curse three people in the house. Cody, Jessica, and Jason are all cursed by Christmasnote in the third week into becoming Ve-Toads, forced for the next week to dress in grubby toad costumes with googly eyes, hop everywhere they go (with silly hopping sounds edited in for good measure), and stand only on lily pads placed strategically throughout the house. These are not like Nicole's frog suit from BB 16- these things are much grosser and resemble roadkill a la Frogger gone wrong.
- Ramses bailing out of the HOH room in fear after creeping into the room and spotting Paul.
- Ramses is told to throw the second POV competition so Paul can win and begrudgingly gives in after a lot of deliberation. In trying to lose... he takes second place by a mile. Even though he still won, Paul was pissed. You can see Ramses's jaw fall in horror when he discovers he did too well for his own good."WHAT?!?"
- During the third HOH competition, Paul, having won the last one, is sitting on the sidelines as the rest of the houseguests (minus Christmas, who is undergoing surgery at the time for her broken foot) are undergoing an endurance test on a tilting space station wall. Then Paul hits a big red button next to his seat which causes alien slime to blanket the competitors... except Paul himself is not safe from the splash zone."Why did I have to get hit!?!"
- Kevin's first brush with temptation netted him a cool $25K in the bank. During the third POV competition, he opted for another one with a cash prize of unknown value attached in exchange for automatic elimination from the competition. He finally gives in and takes the sure thing, learning that the reward for doing so is a measly $27 dollars. All that's missing are Zonk noises (c'mon CBS, you have both shows under your wing- shoulda made it happen!).
- Watching Kevin try to compete in the challenge - a variation of "Don't fall in the lava" - is funny in its own right, as he can't make it to the other side of the bridge to save his life. Even he can't help but laugh at how bad he is at the contest.
- Jason winning the POV and taking a back-first leap into the lava. Do not do this in real life, kids.
- The utter train wreck that proved to be a friendly bet between Mark and Josh over a game of 8-ball where the loser must drink a concoction of pickle juice and hot sauce. One foul move with the pool cue by Josh leads to complete disaster, namely, loads of cussing and the drink thrown in his eyes. Josh immediately runs back into the house to grab a bottle of ketchup and mayonnaise and splatters Mark with both, almost getting Elena in the process. Then from there, it's off to the races with nonstop bickering. Pretty soon, Josh has gotten so vocal the whole house comes outside to see what's up. And Paul and co are sitting around in the deckchairs gawking at the whole thing. The kicker? Poor Mark was trying to lighten the mood before eviction and quell the drama.
- Elena complaining that houseguests saw a little too much of her coming out of the shower because she sat down on the couch with no underwear on. She then exaggerates the gesture at bedtime and does a spread-eagle pose... which Paul proceeds to duplicate.Paul: I see... EVERYTHING!!
- Jess and Cody making out in the lounge."If you hear animal noises, don't come in." (cue tweeting birds and other animal sfx)
- The first HOH after Cody wins his way back into the game is loaded with hilarity:
Cody: The dude is psychotic.
- We see Kevin, Mark, and Paul all in the Diary room talking strategy in the first minute of the game and you get the feeling they're gonna do awes- what? They're out already!?! (Paul: Just kidding, I TOTALLY DON'T GOT THIS!!)
- The competition is a test to see who can hold a red light for the longest time in the most literal sense by balancing a red disk in a large traffic signal, but every time someone loses, someone who is angry traffic is getting held up in the city will emerge to punish somebody, and the loser gets to decide who suffers. Everyone piles these punishments on Cody and a few go for his girlfriend Jessica. They suffer the garbage man's garbage, an angry overweight yoga instructor screaming, a hot dog vendor's ketchup and mustard, a graffiti artist spray-painting their backs, and the road crew's concrete and tar (don't worry, they don't use real concrete or tar, just stage imitations of both substances- gray slop and black goo). It's almost like the producers planned it that way, knew the houseguests would exploit the crap out of the punishment system, and rigged the competition to include that at the last minute for ratings' sake!
- As soon as Josh falls out of the competition, he gets an absolutely dastardly idea: he places the punishment on Jessica, and then unloads a nonstop barrage of trash talk on Cody just to make the punishment two-way and himself Cody's punishment. While Cody is covered in trash. Then he keeps it up for so long everyone in the peanut gallery is cracking up. Until he finally descends into singing circus music. It obvious he's loving every second of it and so are the housemates. Cody is unfazed. The dude tunes it all out like the ex-Marine he is. Ooo-rah.
- Poor Ramses was not immune, as when Cody finally goes out, he chooses Ramses, who then gets spray-painted. And later put up for eviction as a pawn and Paul got him flung out of the game over Josh. (Jess said there was nothing against him, but the poor dude can't catch a break!)
- Then Jessica wins and Paul freaks out in the Diary Room.
- Everyone comes back from the competition to discover it's now morning. It went on long enough for the sun to rise, and the show even throws in a rooster crow at one point.
- A certain comment in the Diary Room from Cody during this HOH competition comes to mind:
Kevin: Do you know who they're gonna put up? Josh... (cut to Josh) and Josh. (Repeat Cut to Josh) Twice.
- Kevin's comment about who Jessica and Cody will select for eviction after the aforementioned trash-talking incident:
- Kevin has a secret method to keeping his abs in shape- he coats his waist in saran wrap every night and sleeps like that, a trick he learned from back east. Paul can't believe he's doing something so nuts and thinks he's watching a cheesy infomercial, actually worried that Paul is constricting his organs sleeping like that, only to find out that Kevin has done this so often that it makes him uncomfortable if he doesn't."Dude, you're 54- you can't afford to lose a kidney!"note(in the Diary Room) "This isn't The '50s anymore- you can just go down to a gym!"
- Josh pretending to be all sad on the eve of a vote against him (even paying homage to Audrey), but secretly gloating like crazy now that Paul sets in motion a plan to save his bacon, even doing a Happy Dance in the lounge behind closed doors. Big Brother refers to this as #MeatballDance. Until Jessica passes by and he immediately ducks out of view and goes back under cover.
Josh: You're gonna experience Big Brother Hell for SEVEN HOURS!!Paul: He's going to get America's Favorite Player, mark my fucking words.
- Julie seems to pick up on this, and when she announces the results of the vote, she tricks Josh into thinking he was going to leave by announcing him first and delaying in getting to the reveal he was still in the game. Following this, Paul has to cool Josh down to prevent him from launching into a stream of F-bombs on live TV as he taunts Cody and Jessica for not getting him out as they intended and wanted.
- Prior to the above eviction night, while still pretending that his goose was cooked, Josh tormented the living shit out of Mark as payback for throwing hot sauce and pickle juice in his eyes over a game of pool, romping all through the house while banging two skillets together and chanting more circus music as he tried to sleep. (Now if only Josh didn't cross the line a little later, this would remain hilarious...)
- The first Temptation challenge, "Bowlerina", forces everyone to wear ballerina clothing... there is only one gal competing, who adores it. The rest are all guys. Matt looks about ready to go hide.
- Jason's miserable attempt to play the game after spinning around on a corkscrew 15 times to lower the gate to the bowling lanes. He crashes to the ground like a drunken monkey (he admits to it). Repeatedly. Yep, you guessed it- he came in last place.
- After the challenge ends, Raven, the career dancer, is now wearing Matt's tutu.
- The fact the houseguests keep possession of the tutus and are occasionally seen wearing them for fun.
- Josh making Mark go berserk... while he's wearing a tutu.
- Josh later demanding on the live feeds that Mark give him his tutu because he doesn't deserve to wear it.
- Kevin's hysterically lame joke about the obstacles tumbling through the storm in the "Under the Weather" POV challenge:Kevin: Back in Boston, I don't remember a few sharks going by... but a few loan sharks. (outstretches his hand and puffs his voice up a bit) "Hey, you got my money?"
Cody: These conditions are crazy and getting worse. Achoo.
- Another highlight from that challenge is Cody completely deadpanning his delivery.
- Jason's umbrella inverting and slowly disintegrating from the sheer force of the torrential wind.
- The entire "Under the Weather" challenge itself, right down to the profile shots used to "introduce" each of the weather forecasters; each of the contestants are hamming it up except, of course, Cody, who's shaking his head as if to say, "Nope, not gonna do it." And what the hell kind of wind machine was being used, anyway??
- Josh surprising Cody and Jessica in the lounge, dressed in a bandana, Mark's tutu, and with pots and pans in hand.(Sprightly harp music)Josh: Hello friends...<3 Guess what time it is... it's circus time...! (Jessica grins) And a one and a two and a one-two-three-four DADADADADADADADADADDA— (Jessica pelts him with apples) —DAHAHADAHADA!!! (Josh starts laughing)
Josh: (to Cody, holding pots and pans and clad in a tutu) You are a disgusting human being, your personality SUCKS, as much as everything about you sucks. So you wanna call people disgusting and a coward, so are we the bullies, or are you the fuckin' bully, you grown baby, you little man syndrome? That's what you have. (CLANG) Little (CLANG) man (CLANG) syndrome!!
- On Day 40, Mark has laid low for nearly the entire day because he just got into it with Josh last episode. Halfway into the episode, he decides to show his face... and walks in on complete chaos. Paul has rallied everybody into tormenting Cody and Jessica out in the backyard, which has included a circus performance from Josh, Alex taunting Jessica if Cody is worth the high cost of giving up the half-million dollar prize, Kevin snickering in the background, even Raven getting mad at them, and tons of hazing all around. Mark just stares at them through the doors with a look like he's thinking "What the hell is WRONG with you people...?!?" And Matt once again looks like he wants to run away and hide.
- Only seen on the live feed- Josh bangs the pan around so much he breaks it.
- The POV challenge for week 6 featured a demonically possessed Otev, who let loose with a Precision F-Strike that had to be censored for the broadcast, to the delight of the houseguests.
- Josh boasting in the Diary room after Julie tells the housemates they've achieved the halfway mark.(cue realization that this is only Week 7)...Fuck...Top 9..? ...Top 10?...Whatever- your boy's still made it to jury!!"
- Week 7's POV Challenge dishes out all the funny costume punishments at once. We have Jason as the Extremitard for the week, Paul and Christmas as 48-hour Tandem Skydive buddies, and Alex as week-long Camp Guide. Jason has to do everything TO THE EXTREME at any given moment when an announcer yells out for him, Paul and Christmas are stuck together for a whole week in a skydive harness, helmets, goggles, suits, and the like, and poor Alex must carry around camping equipment and set it up following a diagram whenever a bugle sounds, then cook hot dogs for everyone in the house. This includes the bathroom (going to the bathroom together as a man and woman is especially awkward for Christmas and Paul) and bedtime (and unfortunately, most of these punishments interfere with the rest of the house's sleep, too!).
Alex: FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!! Oh my God!note
- Alex reacting to her surprise reward:
Announcer: Jason is going to the bathroom: things are about to get EXTREME!Josh: That's horrible!Jason: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
- Extreme Whistle-Nut. Cue reel of Jason suffering through potty time and bed time interruptions. Both are just plain mean. It's a kick in the pants disturbing his sleep by waking him from bed, in which he sleepily dons his helmet and wakes up to act all extreme exhaustedly. But on the hot seat?
Alex: Just watch, as soon as I'm done, they'll do it again. (starts walking back into the house)(bugle)
- Alex learns to keep her mouth shut after the first dose of punishment. It's like watching Season 16's Cody suffer through the Penalty Kick all over again.
Cody: They've been yelling every single time they get new entrees.
- Matt took five houseguests with him to enjoy a backyard dinner from Outback Steakhouse as a reward (Raven, Mark, Elena, Alex, and Christmas). We see them living it up... juxtaposed with scenes of the Have-Nots looking incredibly bored and put out hearing all the fun from inside the house. Cody and Kevin are not amused.
- Josh starting to lose his mind in the apple room after nine weeks in the Big Brother house.Josh: [Apple Room] Welcome to my crib: these are my four walls. That's- that's wall number one... (enters a dreamlike tone of voice) and now look at this wall. We got the apples. Look... (up close and personal with the camera) I've been in this room for so long, there are exactly 355 apples on that wall.[Diary Room] I'm going nuts- I need somebody to talk to, 'cause your boy's losin' it.[Apple Room] (picks up a stuffed owl in the room) I've actually made a friend. It's my friend Orwell the talking owl. (puts sunglasses on the owl) He's the coolest owl on the block. [HOOT-HOOT!] (@BBADOrwell)(starts salsa dancing with Orwell) Doo-doo-doo-hey![Diary Room] So I made a friend in my homey Orwell. It's me and Orwell, we're dancing salsa...[Apple Room] Ay![Diary Room] We're talking smack about all these meatballs...[Apple Room] He's had enough of their bullshit. I've had enough of their bullshit.[Diary Room] We're having a great time.[Apple Room] You got me looking crazy. You talk all the time and now you don't talk?[Diary Room] You know what, I'm having a better time in here [the Apple Room] than I am out there.[Apple Room] (cuddling with Orwell) Orwell, you know what, for having a talk show, you don't talk much, buddy. (starts snickering like a lunatic)Orwell: [HOOT-HOOT!] (Help me!)
- After Dark: Jason telling a joke in the lounge about a guy who has an embarrassing nickname, who did all sorts of professions but wasn't nicknamed after any of them.Jason: But you fuck one goat...!
- "President Zingbot is here, bitches!" And he's packing a ton of golden zings to roast everybody with. Special note goes to Alex, who has bleach-blonde hair, wears cat ears, and handles lots of wieners (as camp guide). Or in other words, is a AWOOOOOOGAH!!! (cocksucker)
- "Mark... I think you might be bisexual... because every time you tried to get sexual with Elena, she said... 'BYEEEE!' ZING!"
- "Ma~~aatt... Congrats in making it so far through the game... especially since the only thing you've done is.... RAAAAVEN!!" (cut to Diary Room) "Zingbot makes a fantastic point. In reality, that's the only thing I've done well. (chuckles)"note
- Josh laughing his ass off the entire time... Until his turn comes to get zinged.
- Culminating in what may be Zingbot's meanest zing of all time, a broken foot-themed tenth day of the "Twelve Days of Christmas" musical roast for Christmas and Jason.
- Zingbot becoming President of Planet Zing, but being accused of colluding with President Puntin of Planet Pun. Keep in mind this show airs on CBS... did a certain fellow named Stephen Colbert get his hands on the script for that competition? He happened to be on break the week this episode aired.
- The nightmare that is the hide-and-seek veto card competition. It looks like a tornado has blown through the house, and everybody's dirty laundry (literally) is thrown out into the open. Josh happens to discover something incredibly alarming. Maven's own house protection... of a special kind.Josh: A condom stash...?!? O_O .....WHAT THE HELL!??Kevin: These people can hide these things but not their condoms...!?
- Kevin getting immensely pissed off that Hide-And-Go-Veto led to his crisply pressed and dry-cleaned suits being thrown all over the place.
- Matt's eviction, where after he leaves the house and his portrait turns grayscale, Paul calls everyone over to the memory wall to watch his hair stay the same color.
- The supercut of Raven's MANY lies. The ones you see on TV don't even cover half of what she says in the live feeds. If you go run a search on YouTube for Raven's lies, you will find video after video of crazy tall tales.
- Jason pretending to faint after being put on the block by Christmas as a surprise target as a "Pawn. If only he knew he was'' the target all along.
- Bobby Moynihan comes onto the show imitating Josh banging the pots and pans around. He also receives a "FRIENDSHIP" bracelet from Paul and proceeds to play up how touched he is in the Diary Room... before reminding us all of how the houseguests are all IDIOTS for not getting Paul out of the house this season. There's also a shameless plug for his new show on the same network, Me Myself And I. Which was canned six episodes in due to predictably bad ratings.
- The HOH competition of the second Double Eviction week is called "Fake News". Okay, Colbert's definitely contributing to the jokes this season.
- Paul wanting to take Kevin's Digornio pizza he's cooking for himself and the group to enjoy and add sea salt to it in honor of Raven's eviction. Even Alex thinks that's a little too much.
- By the final five, Josh is so out of it he can't even make coffee right. We have one pair of wet socks for Josh, an inflated ego for Christmas, a round of applause from Paul, and a big mess for the whole house. Then the coffeemaker pours without the pot underneath. Paul immediately collapses into laughter.Paul: You played yourself big time.Christmas: Blindsided!
- During Kevin's time talking to the camera, a Funny Background Event hits- the remaining houseguests (aside from Kevin) have become so cocky and annoying that one of them forgets there's a copyright embargo on licensed songs being sung over the feeds.Announcer: Please stop singing...!(Kevin pauses and looks around in confusion as the only person in the lounge)
- This season's houseguests' superhero selves:
- "A toxic toilet has turned the Motormouth into Pottymouth!" (Paul's Season 18 superhero turned villainous) Not only does Paul object to the idea of the show thinking he swore more than the others, he's now fully aware they're portraying him as the villain this season and pissed about it.
- Josh is obviously "The Meatball". Even so, they didn't understand Josh's definition of the phrase "meatball". On the live feeds after the competition, he's heard moaning, "I'm not the meatball- Mark is the Meatball!" And on the TV show proper, he amends his remark to include Cody as a meatball, too, in his Diary Room session later in the day.
- The Fa-La-La Lunatic! (Christmas)
- Weiner Woman. (Alex, suffering yet another Brick Joke about hot dogs and surprisingly not being billed as "Tiger")
- The Mer-Man. (Kevin)
- The Super Fan (Cameron, who literally has fans for hands). He's blowing his heroes away! (as in he blows at the game)
- Sadly, we cannot include Megan on this list due to her choice of walking off the show and her wish to be left alone by the antics of the show to heal. So instead, we urge you talented artists out there to go make a fan art comic cover of The Dog Walker.
- The Timeshare Tyrant. (Jillian)
- The Dominator. (Dominique, who is fighting off snakes; Paul wonders why they don't have beards on them... HINT-HINT)
- The Cosplayer. (Ramses)
- The Hex Symbol. (Jessica and her Hex appeal.)
- The Starecrow. (Cody)
- Hellena hath no fury! (Elena)
- The Incredible SULK. (Mark, blubbering over Elena's eviction)
- The Silver Fox. (Matt)
- Cowboy, AKA Whistle-Nut & Ole (Jason and his prized bull Ole, literally the same as the duo in real life, only Jason's limbs are literally made out of peanuts and he's blowing on a sport whistle)
- Arkansassin. (even Raven's comic is a lie; on the live feeds post-competition, the houseguests later wonder where the heck that one came from, before Paul realizes she probably said that all the time in the Diary Room, which is true)
- Kevin's comment going into the final five BB Comics POV Competition after (presumingly) claiming he's gonna win:
- Kevin does so bad in the POV comics competition that he times out the clock at 45 minutes. And it's a simple spot the difference memory game that elementary school kids should be able to do.
- Not only is Josh a disaster waiting to happen with coffee, you can't let him near fish, either. Josh the fish-killer, everybody! Even worse, the dead fish is named Kevin. Ironically (or perhaps allegorically), Friendship the fish is really healthy.Josh: PAUUUULLL!!! NO!! NOOOO!!!!! (begins smacking the fish tank) NOOO-OOOO!!!!Christmas: Stop! STOP! You're gonna kill the other fish!Josh: Please, PLEASE, he has to be alive!(Not watching where he's backing up, Josh smacks his head on the wall)Josh: AAAHHH!!!(later...)Josh: Let me breathe in his mouth.
- Matt's entry to the jury house. Matt mentions that the plan was to backdoor Kevin. Mark proceeds to point out how stupid that was and how dumb he was to follow it. The sound effect as Matt realises HE was the target was hilarious.
- To say nothing of the house's viewing of the subsequent weeks. Mark, Elena, and Cody are outright embarrassed at just how mind-blowingly stupid Jason and Matt were in the game.
- Next up is Raven... Mark, Elena, and Cody are once again laughing at Raven believing she and Matt were in control of the game, yet still thinking she was working with Paul, nevermind that SHE AND MATT ARE IN THE JURY HOUSE,
- And finally, Alex. She solidifies her position as the dumbest person to ever make the final five, while, once again, Mark, Elena, and Cody are flat out amused at how surprised Alex is to have been voted out despite having a final two with Paul.
- Kevin's spot-on remark about Josh's overly sensitive in his live feed exit interview. Also counts as Kevin burying the hatchet with him for a fight they had earlier on in the season.Kevin: How can I yell at Josh? I mean, he's 23 years old, he's immature- he cries when the weather changes.
- The final three houseguests are cleaning out the kitchen. When joking about how Paul is throwing his diet away, Christmas decides to comically throw a half-full carton of milk... with predictable results.Christmas: 0o0 (hobbles on her good leg to clean up a MASSIVE splurge of milk)Josh: Now the whole house is gonna smell like cow shit!!Paul: You played yourself!
- Big Brother gets in on the Fidget Spinner craze that's sweeping the nation, and now all of the final three houseguests have some to play with. Watch Josh try and fail to be cool with his. "You can't do THAAAT." Paul also gets a funny line in:Random YouTube comment: Lol Josh is on the spectrum
- Josh counsels Paul about a crush who doesn't know about Paul's popularity... only for the announcer of all people to remind him he forgot to check on some cookies and burnt them. Coffee... Fish... and now ...THE STOVE. Josh is a destroyer of worlds.Paul: You played yourself.
- During After Dark, Pop TV has a Q&A session with the final three, and questions about the "jacksaphone" being an instrument (what Josh calls his famous pots and pans shtick) are leveled. Discussion moves to musical instruments... and Paul cuts in and says Josh is good at "playing the skin flute". That comment managed to be so blue it got censored on even After Dark, but the live feeders heard it loud and clear.
- The Jury is so sour at who's made it to the end that even show legend Will Kirby can't believe how stupid and crazy they are, because his body language is just radiating with cringe at all their ugly remarks.
- Will asks Alex if she lied. Alex denies it. Then Will pushes her a little more and asks if she fake cried, which she admits to. Elena questions the move, and Alex says she did it because she knew Josh was going to play her and did, so by her (as in Elena's) standards, it is a lie. Will rolls his eyes at that remark because of how snobby and BS that is. The man who OWNED his lies and won the game once before gives her a nonverbal "this dumb bitch will never learn" look. Raven at the very least manages to ask, "Are we playing Big Baby?" at all the bitter jurors, echoing Nicole Franzel. Raven made the most sense at the Jury meeting...
- Which is immediately preceded by Raven telling one last huge lie/delusion that she was the mastermind of the game.
- Paul asking, "Can you throw your crutch at Cody?" as she becomes the last person to be evicted.
- Christmas later asking for her Jury question if Josh would like to evict her crutch or Pepe (her nickname for her medical scooter). Josh says Pepe because he would chase him around the house.
- Julie showing everybody the supercut of just about everyone remarking how they trust/love Paul to remind them, yes, they were idiots.
- Cameron at the reunion portion of the finale mentioning how annoyed he was at the whole house for just falling in line to Paul (being the one guy who got screwed over MOST by Paul simply by Paul re-entering the game) and doing all he could to stay in the game at the very beginning... and is then reminded of his ill-advised striptease.
- Paul witnessing the montage of Josh snitching Paul's entire game to the evictees placed in the Jury at the finale. He starts screaming at his own ally for doing this, but let's face it- Paul played himself this time around!
- When Josh comes through the doors of the house as the winner of the season and confetti bursts out, if you watch the foreground of the camera shot carefully, you can see Mark tripping on the stairs of the jury's bleachers and Julie catching his hand.
- As a final sendoff to Big Brother 19, we have Josh's obligatory appearance on The Talk, where he's gifted a pair of custom pots and pans- to use only for good. And Josh himself gives us a humorous circus-style sendoff at the end of his family's Instagram celebration feed.
- Another show manages to give Jessica a hilarious Take That! at "chef" Josh. The Bold and the Beautiful, where she cameos and delivers some very obvious jabs at the meatball. And guess what her character's name is? JODY! It takes a lot of effort for the actresses to avoid laughing at these silly lines and it's a nice gift to the fans of the show and both the Josh and the Jody fandoms."Okay, so Chef Josh's specials are the meatballs and baked cannelloni, right?"Yeah, but... I wouldn't recommend the meatballs.""Okay, thank you for the tip, Jody, I appreciate it.""Of course."
- A little later in October, Josh himself makes a guest appearance on the show as the titular chef, serving Mr. Forrester a plate of meatballs!!
- Meta: Jillian and Megan lampshading Paul's control over the house with a picture on Twitter of Paul edited as Jesus with basically all his puppets as sheep, and Josh as the baby lamb in his arms. Frankie would be green with envy if he saw that.
- Meta: Post-victory, Josh learning on Instagram about Big Meech and how much like him she is and fans encouraging them to meet.
- Meta: Cody and Jessica later being impressed at how smart the cast of The Amazing Race is compared to the houseguests when they participate in Season 30's race. We should have been rooting for them all along, huh?
Big Brother 20:Has its own page.
Celebrity Big Brother US
Celebrity Big Brother 1 (2018):
- Just knowing Julie's one husband, the show's producer and a big wig of CBS, Les Moonves, forced her to take a pay cut for the shorter run of the season. That must have been one AWKWARD conversation to have...
- The abrupt musical number that invades the first HOH Competition. Led by Paul (of course), and followed up by Rachel (still no surprise), and then a nod to Jody... wait... is that... JODI ROLLINS?!?(music cuts out)(Jodi waves at the camera with a big smile in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo)Paul: Sorry, wrong "Jody".(Jodi pouts)(jump to Cody and Jessica making out in the theater seats)
- Ross's awful pun over the first POV competition. It's so bad, he apologizes.
- Metta stripping down to his shorts and crawling through the mud in the spa POV.
- James and Mark are in the outdoor lounge discussing Chuck's reaction to going up on the eviction block.Mark: He's probably in the gym going beast mode. "Vengeance shall be mine!"(cut to Chuck passed out asleep in the indoor gym on a weightlifting bench and snoring... #BeastMode)
- Ariadna and James' Big Brotox Treatment- as in Big Baby- punishments. They have to wear baby onesies, bonnets, and bibs, and crawl around on their hands and knees and sip formula bottles when a baby crying sound plays. Chuck can't stop laughing at how ridiculous the spectacle is and later mentions it's the hardest he's ever laughed in a long time.
- Meta: obviously, all those "Big Baby" jokes throughout the years have inspired the producers.
- James having to suck on his bottle mid-Veto ceremony... and it falls apart in his mouth.
- Ross being part of an all-female alliance and treated like an honorary female as a gay guy."But you still have a penis."
- The for fun true-or-false news guessing game Julie plays with the celebrities on eviction night. The celebrities actually get a lot of their guesses wrong about the trading of NBA players, the Super Bowl LII result where the Eagles won, and the government shutdown.
- Metta World Peace learning what a "backdoor" is, and Omarosa and Keshia explain it to him. The discussion moves into how the house all voted to evict Chuck except Omarosa... but then Metta says he didn't. "Yes, you did." Metta says he voted to save Chuck... without realizing that merely saying a contestant's name casts a vote to evict them. He didn't even clarify if it was a vote to evict or not, he just blurted it out after funning around in the Diary Room. Cue Metta realizing he just voted out his own ally Chuck by accident. #RegrettaWorldPeace
- Metta having a chat with the backyard camera. He asks if it could nod to acknowledge the conversation and it starts nodding along to him.
- The Running Gag where every time the camera cuts to Marissa, she seems to be making a weird noise.
- The camera randomly cutting to Ross acting like a walrus with a pair of Brandi's hair extensions in his mouth.
- Julie coughs in the middle of saying her lines on a live eviction night, and the audience sniggers away.
- Metta staging a fight with the two flamingos in the jacuzzi.
- Metta managing to start a showmance with Orwell the Owl and even taking him into the bathroom.
- Omarosa tries to partially throw a Veto Competition, "Dining in the Dark" to avoid having an impressive and therefore intimidating time... only to not even need to try to do that, because she gets turned around going the wrong direction. Then, she loses her shoes, socks, and pants all in one sweeping motion trying to escape a pool of honey.
- Brandi managing to also lose her footwear and do even worse than Omarosa.
- Brandi bluntly asking Omarosa if she had sex with Trump. Omarosa's jaw flies open and hangs speechless.Omarosa: (LONG PAUSE) ...HELL NO!!
- Metta going to a house meeting in his underwear just because he can.
- James's workout song about Mark when the editors envision what he's thinking about. Of course, when you sing in Big Brother, they get all anal about it because of copyright royalties even if it's an original song. The announcer randomly comes on and says "Mark: please stop singing." It's all part of the production staff's joke, but Mark is left totally confused because he never actually sang a single bar.
- Ross rather ominously creeps in on Marissa and Ariadna in the storage room and they wrongfully think he's up to no good, when in reality he just had a resting bitch face that put them off guard. Then he jokes that he's mad that all the tomatoes are out and says it like a menacing villain.Ross: (gnashing teeth) "...There's NO TO-MA-TOOOOES...!"
- Julie repeatedly saying the word "live" several times on one of the live nights, and then lampshading, "Oh, and did I mention: we're live tonight?"
- Brandi dares the other celebrities to say something bad about Julie Chen and the entire room clears.
Julie: Just one more thing... I DARE YOU TO SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT ME.
- Meta: On The Talk, an earlier episode mentioned a magazine tabloid that poked fun at Sharon Osbourne's weight, and the women agreed, "If you come after one of us, you come after ALL of us." Those celebrities KNEW what they stood to incur if they humored Brandi.
- Julie not letting Brandi off the hook at the end of her post-eviction interview for daring the other houseguests to talk trash about her.
- James celebrating Brandi's eviction... immediately followed by his eviction.
Big Brother Aus
- Everything Michael has done so far in Season 9. From his gay shark joke to hugging everyone enthusaistically as part of the challenge to win the Executive Bathroom for the day. The fact that he has the IQ. of a genius makes it even funnier.
- Surly the fish, just Surly the fish. Even when he first talked he had Michael laughing.
- Benjamin, the flamboyantly gay housmate provides some pretty funny material like saying "Scusi!" when he makes a mistake or when he called Michael a Bogan.
- Surly's reaction to the reveal that the (fake) second house has its own mascot. An octopus named Rodney.
- Layla catched Zoe talking to Surly and then Zoe simply claims she is talking to herself. Layla then takes this to Michael who thinks her claims of Surly talking are fake. Which is especially funny as he was the first person to be approached by Surly.
- The radio challenge is absolutely hilarious because of how each pairing (Ava and Estelle, Michael and Josh, Ben and Stacy) work off each other for each of their segments. The radio station is called Double B FM and the tagline is "Radio that puts the 'Unity' in Community"
- The unwelcome guests task in one of the final weeks and the people they got to enter the house, which included previous housemates, narrator Mike Goldman who still narrated from inside the house and even a ninja. The ninja even becomes an unintentional Call-Back when Michael stealthily brings attention to it by telling the others he was nicknamed the "Ginger Ninja" in school (the "Ginger Ninja" being a main ninja in the Friday Night Games in the earlier seasons).
- Travis from Big Brother 2007 had a chance to win a trip to Bolivia after winning a Friday Night Live touranment. Instead of reading "Bolivia", he read "Bolvia".
Big Brother Canada
- Andrew the vampire, complete with vampiric music.
- When Suzette tries to play the veto where you knock out others plates, she accidentally gets her own plate.
- During the double elimination, Talla accidentally slips in the Diary Room.
- Any time Talla drinks is bound to cause a few of these.
- Topaz getting her Bikini line waxed. Everyone hears her screaming and Gary goes up to investigate. After a little while he puts on headphones and starts dancing in front of Talla and Topaz.
- Andrew tries to make the foulest thing he can.
- Topaz keeps sleeping through the wake-up alarm.iPod and Headphones! Please go to the diary room!
- The "Double date".
- On episode 19, Peter is given a task to trick the other houseguests into thinking that Tom is returning. The entire house with the obvious exception of Peter are completely convinced. Emmett and Jillian even look around for the other items thinking there are more items.
- The very first words uttered on the feeds when they went up? Someone saying, "Where's the Maple Syrup?"
- Anick trying to win the houseguests over with a Reiki relaxation session. Ika doesn't have any of it and even calls it a "Voodoo spell".
- When escorting the three secret houseguests into the house through the back entrance, the production team had the great idea to blindfold them. Hilarity ensued.
- And Scott was flirting with the secret agent escorts the entire time.
- The three enter the super-secret soundproof War Room hidden within the Big Brother house, and their first reaction is...it's really warm. And Nate really wants to know if he gets a bobble head of himself like the other houseguests.
- Paul, Adel, and Kyle jokingly start their own show where they talk about every way they screwed up in the house. Hilarity ensues.
- Gary and Peter's weekly rants on the after show about whatever important topic is concerning the house that week, which usually end in take thats to each other.
- Allison's enters the house for the firs time while the other houseguests are waiting outside, and spends the next few minutes awkwardly sitting in every chair in the house.
- Allison and Jon receive a secret mission: get completely hammered without any of the other houseguests noticing. It results in a dance party in the diary room, and them getting so drunk they start talking Newfie to each other.
- The "I'm getting Beat up" dance.
- one week, Canada was the Head of Household. The head of household room played the Canada, Eh? trope Up to Eleven, putting poutine, ketchup chips, and maple syrup as head of household treats in the room with a Canadian Flag in it.
- Talla revisited the house.
- The montage of everyone falling. However, it also veers into Dude, Not Funny! territory when you realize that some houseguests really got hurt.
- Kenny coming out to the house in the most casual way possible.Kenny: It's a really nice day today...fuck it, I'm gay!
Other houseguests: WHOOOAAA!
- The side show, introduced in Season 2. It's quite amazing how well Peter and Gary play off of each other.
- Marsha gives Adel a mission... and then Big Brother gave everyone else a mission. That mission? Make sure Adel fails his mission!
- Adel decides that he doesn't need to win a veto at all to stay safe in the game... so he decides to throw the competition (Which is a speed competition by the way) by just doing a really silly walk for a few seconds before finally getting to the challenge.
- "I'm doing this for you Talla!"
- Kevin's first attempt to pop the balloon fails - the music makes it worth it
- Sarah looks like she's being built up into the next Talla for sure - her voice even has the same airy-quality that Talla's had.
- Sindy tries to disctract Bobby when they're the last two in the HOH competition by grinding her butt against the glass wall between them. It almost works, too!
- During one of the downtime conversations, some of the contestants can be heard talking about the strictly-Canadian absurdity that is bagged milk - a concept that reached memetic status on tumblr a few years prior.
- When it starts snowing in the hot tub room, Kevin rushes in and starts making snowballs to pelt the other houseguests.
- The Power Ranking Board from the side show: a magnetic board that Peter uses to demonstrate who's playing the best and worst game at the time - in theory. The firs time he uses it the name plates keep falling off, causing Peter to toss them off to the side and declare that the player has already lost. Furthermore, Gary snatches away Zach's name plate and sticks it on top because of his crush; Peter just declares "You only want him on top of you!"
Peter: Top to bottom Gary, isn't that what you wanted?
- The following week the board went much more smoothly, but Peter had shuffled Zach to the bottom of the board.
- Most of the segments from BBTV, including Zach's impromptu striptease, Willow's perfect Justin Bieber impression, Sarah's stand-up, and Willow's interpretive dance.
- Big Brother trying to get Godfrey to stop sleeping all over the house, to which the other houseguests snarkily reply "Wake up sleeping giant!", calling back to his boast from earlier that week.
- Pilar manages to win HOH in week 6, to the surprise of everyone - including herself. She constantly gasped in surprise whenever she got an answer right.
- Willow getting knocked right on her head in the football themed competition.
- Kevin and Zach in french maid outfits. Godfrey's reaction to it doesn't help. You either feel sorry for them (walking in high heels for someone who isn't used to it like men isn't really fun) or found it downright hilarious.Godfrey: I wanted to have a threesome with two beautiful french girls. This was not what I had in mind!
- Gofrey's nickname with the houseguest and the community is "God". Which leads to some rather humorous conversations where the houseguests and the viewers talk about "Evicting God", "Putting God on the block", "God is my target", or "Backdooring God".
- The task where the houseguests had to make a road trip through Canada...and they hit Marsha.
- A complaints window is introduced in the pantry for the houseguests to use when Big Brother does something they dislike. The first person to use it is Nikki, complaining about...how horrid she is.
- Raul says he used to compete in baseball, and surely he should do well in the challenge. Cue him hitting the ball right into the wall instead of where it's supposed to go.
- A veto challenge uses the same "roll a ball over a ledge x times without dropping it". The next few minutes shows everyone constantly messing up and getting frustrated.
- Nikki spells "Saskatchewan" "Saskatchuuam"
- Before that, Tim had said "Lake Supreme" instead of "Lake Superior" and said "Oh I was thinking of pizza!"
- Nick and Phil are given a secret task to make the houseguests assume they were fighting. The way it was edited makes it look so obviously faked it comes off as hilarious.
- Jared getting pranked with pickle juice.
- Sindy's Epic Fail in the second Head of Household competition, just Karen's response"Sindy! That sucked! With an S!"
- To say nothing of Cassandra's fail as well.
- The soap opera contained a lot of hilarious moments:
- Gary's Large Ham act of him getting poisoned
- Neda's letter from Jon... saying he blew up her house like he blew up her game.
- The houseguests had to find barcodes hidden for a task... and Dillon pulled off a door paneling.
- During a task where Cassandra briefly returned to broadcast a cheesy message, this exchanged happened.
- Emily: She's like the villain of the season.Gary: Oh honey, you don't know who the villain is until you watch the show
- William gets a chance to track down a hidden Power of Veto, but is told that it will become void if he gets caught by anybody. He manages to find the secret chamber where it's hidden, but Karen sees him just as he comes back. How does Big Brother keep her from getting too nosy? By getting on the intercom and declaring "Karen. Stop that."
- One veto challenge had the houseguests need to buzz in close to one hundred minutes, and then Big brother would distract them. When rabbits were placed inside their chambers, Ika flips out.
- Overlapping with a Crowning Moment of Awesome, the very first Danish season of Big Brother saw a fully fledged rebellion, where the remaining 7 contestants broke out of the house, after they had been punished for failing a weekly challenge. 3 of them eventually returned, but the other 4 decided to quit the show on the spot.