- In 'What Good This Deafness', Beethoven is being harassed by the spirits of Fate. His reaction is, more or less, "If I have to be deaf, why can't I be deaf to these people too?"
- Twist, Fate's dwarf son, actually turns out to be quite amusing after the release of the narrated CD. You wouldn't expect him to sound so funny after knowing that he sings 'Midnight'.
- Many of Mephistopheles' lines in the narrated CD fall into his category.
- Heck, just his overall demeanor at times can fit this trope.
- "This compassion you feel for mankind...eh."
Funny / Beethoven's Last Night