- Gordon's accounting of Batman's escape consequences:"Speaking of bitter ends, every member of Branden's team, every cop and everybody in the crowd were vaccinated against rabies from their bat bites. Never have so many had so much trouble sitting down."
- "You're the one who tried to shoot the cat."
- Barbara's disgusted reaction to the Panty Shot, and generally her reaction to everything at Wayne Manor.
- Selina's reaction to the news report that called Catwoman "Batman's assistant". She's not pleased, to say the least.
- Likewise, her irritation after robbing Loeb's house and instead of finding jewels or expensive paintings, only finding toys.
- While Gordan was interviewing Harvey Dent about Batman, Batman was hiding under Harvey's desk the whole time.
- The entirety of Batman's first night as a crusading vigilante is hilarious, as almost everything that could possibly go wrong does, and at times he looks like a totally inept fool. A far cry from the uber-capable, infallible "Bat God" he's widely perceived as nowadays. Could a casual, new reader imagine that this guy who gets stabbed in the leg by a pint-sized hooker, dogpiled by her friends and tossed in the back of a police squad car like a wino is the same guy who, a few years later, routinely takes down metahumans, aliens, and demigods?
Funny / Batman: Year One