- At one point, Sam decides to drum up public support by kissing babies. The first baby he kisses spits and gags in disgust afterward, but the real laughs come from when Bugs disguises himself as a baby to cause Sam trouble.Bugs: Waaah! He bit my widdle nose! He bit my widdle nose! That bad man bit my widdle nose!
[Cue Sam being beat up by a crowd of angry mothers.]
- It's funnier when you realize Bugs kissed him.
- Also, Sam tries the piano gag on Bugs, and it explodes on Sam so that he just tips over backward in shock, with only a shred of his mustache left, and his whole face black.
- This exchange:Bugs: [Imitating Theodore Roosevelt] I speak softly, but I carry a biiiiiig stick!Yosemite Sam: Oh yeah?! Well, I speak LOUUUUUUUUUUD! And I carry a BIIIIIIIIIGGER stick!! And I use it, too! [Hits Bugs on the head]
- After Sam ties a cannon to the front door of Bugs' office and tries to trick Bugs into opening the door:Bugs: That was someone for you, Sam. She said to mention St. Louie.
Sam: St. Louie?! EMMA! YAHOO! [rushes to the door] EMMA, HERE'S YOUR SAMMY BOY!
[Sam opens the door and gets blasted by his own cannon]
Sam: Heh heh, same ol' Emma, fulla laughs! [THUD]
- The ants stealing the food are pretty funny, but the sausage string ("Hyaa! Hyaa! Mule!") might become Hilarious in Hindsight after seeing this◊.
- The Exploding Cigar turning a man's whole head into ash, which Sam blows away. Even though the man was okay (his real head was just under his coat), it's still pretty gruesome for a Warner's cartoon.
- After both Bugs and Sam are defeated for mayor by a literal Dark Horse, Bugs decides to play Russian Roulette and fires the gun and there is an Iris Out, only to fade back in when Bugs remarks that he missed-then it's revealed that Sam was hit by the gun blast instead.
Funny / Ballot Box Bunny