- There's some Hypocritical Humor when Obi-Wan chucks himself out of Padme's window to grab a droid, but when Anakin does something reckless, he will be the death of him.
- While chasing Zam Wessell, we get this exchange from Anakin and Obi-Wan:Obi-Wan: [after Zam pulled her speeder up before hitting a building's roof] Pull up, Anakin! Pull up!
Anakin: [cackling like a madman before pulling the speeder up at the last second]
Obi-Wan: You know I don't like it when you do that!
Anakin: Sorry, Master. I forgot you don't like flying.
Obi-Wan: I don't mind flying. [a random speeder out of nowhere passed by above Obi-Wan's head as he frantically avoids it] But what you're doing is suicide!
- Obi-Wan's amusing yet morbid Call-Forward remark: "Why do I have the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"
- Anakin's "Not again," when his lightsaber is destroyed. Which becomes something of a Brick Joke later when someone apparently expected this to happen, as they brought him a spare.
- The way he finds out about his lightsaber. He comes up ready to fight and beings his weapon up - only to see that it's cut in half.Anakin: Obi-Wan's gonna kill me.
- The way he finds out about his lightsaber. He comes up ready to fight and beings his weapon up - only to see that it's cut in half.
- The entire sequence where Yoda has the class of Padawans explain to Obi-Wan why information on Kamino is missing in the Archives. The tone of his voice obviously suggests that what he means is, "Figure it out, these younglings can. Slowing you down, what is?"
- Also, his very amused "Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing." The children all giggle in response, and that single scene makes it clear not only how good Yoda is at training, but how much he enjoys it.
- Obi-Wan uses the Force to open what was earlier established to be an automatic door.
- In the novelization, Yoda senses a sudden burst of fear from Palpatine, of all people, when it's decided that Jar Jar will ask the Senate to grant him emergency powers. It's a pretty understandable reaction, given that he's just realized that his master plan rests entirely on Jar Jar Binks.
- When Anakin and Padmé are being chained up next to Obi-Wan for public Roman-style execution, Obi-Wan gives Anakin a death glare and Anakin responds thusly:
- Also, the way Obi-Wan says "I was beginning to wonder if you got my message."
- The expression◊ on Obi-Wan's face as he says this (right after glancing up at his chains and then looking back to Anakin) is a hilarious mix of sarcasm, false congratulations and frustration.
- At the start of the arena fight when Padmé climbs the pillar:Anakin: What about Padmé?
Obi-Wan: She seems to be on top of things.
- As Anakin and Padmé have their first kiss at the lake house a soft version of their love theme plays. When Padmé quickly breaks it off the music also cuts out! Also Anakin's face afterwards like he's thinking "What the hell?!"
- In the documentary "From Puppets To Pixels" included on the special features, George describes Yoda as the "illegitimate child of Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy."
- C-3PO gets his head separated from his main structure, and fused onto a battle droid's body:"DIE, Jedi dogs! Oh... what did I say?!"
- Also from that scene:"I'm programmed for etiquette, not destruction!"
- And the battle droid that gets its head placed on C-3PO:"My-legs-aren't-moving. I-must-need-maintenance."
- Also from that scene:
- Kit Fisto defeating the battle droid 3PO, and grinning before jumping back into the fight.
- This begs some explanation. Fisto Force-shoves 3PO over, and 3PO accidentally shoots a super battle droid in the back, which causes it to fall on top of him. Now wonder why Fisto was grinning.
- Then R2 shows-up to save 3PO: he attaches a cable to his head, and despite 3PO's complaining pulls until the head comes off the battle droid's body, then brings the two pieces together. What makes this particularly funny is 3PO's puntastic commentary:C-3PO: Oh, this is such a drag.
C-3PO: I'm quite besides myself.
- During the Arena battle, Anakin and Padme take cover in an overturned chariot and engage in some Casual Danger Dialogue. Padme goes straight from delivering a Call-Back one-liner, with a flirty look on her face, to having this horribly distressed look on her face as she goes back to shooting at the enemy.
- A B2 battle droid backhanding a B1 battle droid "outta my way" style.
- The following exchange between Obi-Wan and a man named Elan Sleazebaggano:Elan: You wanna buy some deathsticks?
Obi-Wan: You don't want to sell me deathsticks.
Elan: I don't want to sell you deathsticks.
Obi-Wan: You want to go home and re-think your life.
Elan: [gets up and leaves] I want to go home and re-think my life.
- The payoff from said exchange in the old expanded universe: Elan was a deathstick addict himself, but after the trick he went home, re-thought his life, broke off his addiction... And expanded his dealins to weapons and stolen goods. Then, by the war's end, he had finally become a honest man and was trying to turn deathstick addicts away from the drug... Then Order 66 happened and he got trumpled by a Clonetrooper chasing two Jedi.
- Just the fact that after being in a speeder with Anakin, the first thing Obi-Wan does is go to the bar for a drink.
- Funny Background Event: as Padmé is packing her clothes, two droids are shown installing a brand new window in her bedroom.
- Obi-Wan is fighting Jango Fett, and kicks Jango off of the platform they're on. Then he realizes that he's still bound to Jango's cable.
- Apparently, Anakin can't keep his feet too well, and Jango Fett likes tap-dancing in the rain.
- While C3PO is suffering comically, R2D2 gives a beep that can only mean "Great, I have to save his butt again."
- Towards the end, as Anakin saves Obi-Wan from a finishing blow by Count Dooku, moments after he was struck by his Force lightning.Dooku: Brave of you, boy. But I would have thought you had learned your lesson.
Anakin: I am a slow learner.
- Also, Yoda transforming into a Tasmanian Devil-caliber spinning bouncing whirlwind of lightsaber fury for his duel with Count Douku... and then picking up his staff afterward and shuffling away like an enfeebled old man.
- Fridge Brilliance: He is an enfeebled old man. Drawing heavily on the Force is what lets him become that tiny whirlwind of lightsaber destruction. After the fight, he doesn't need to keep drawing on the Force like that, and may actually be wearied from it, his body complaining at what it was just asked to do.
- The body language after the duel was chock full of, "Too old for this shit, I am."
- At the start of the execution, the Nexu jumps at a Geonosian picador off his orray, and maws its head. The crowd cheers for that.
- The year after the film was released, George Lucas began planting clones.
- The film's website listed information on the film, including who the characters were. They also had pictures of these characters, but used their appearance in the original trilogy if their images from the film weren't ready to be shown yet. Bail Organa's picture in the original trilogy? The destruction of Alderaan.
- When preparing to film Dooku and Yoda's lightsaber duel, George Lucas and few others wheel out a Yoda maquette... with giant fake vampire fangs pasted on the mouth. How does Christopher Lee respond? A weary "Oh, George. I didn't think you'd do this to me."
- When Anakin and Padmé have their Big Damn Kiss, they're being carted out into the arena and only break it off just as they get out of the door. Obi-Wan is standing about thirty feet away. He almost certainly saw that kiss, which makes his silent "what the hell?" look to Anakin as they pass even funnier.
- It gets even better after Padmé finds them after their duel with Dooku. As pointed out in this hilarious post, Obi-Wan was right there when she pulled Anakin into a hug, he was just too much of a bro and/or beat to crap to give his apprentice grief about it.
- When Anakin pulls a surprise skydive during the Coruscant speeder chase, Obi-Wan's reaction is an annoyed "I hate it when he does that." When it comes to Anakin's crazy stunts, he's damn near Seen It All.
- During the chase, Zam shoots a power coupling, causing it to emit violet beams of electricity. Anakin and Obi-Wan fly through it!Obi-Wan: Anakin! How many times I've told you to — [they enter the electric field] stay away from power couplings?! [they exit the field with an electric wake behind them] That was good!
- While they're in the field, Obi-Wan sits tensely, but what does Anakin do? He leans back in his seat while shaking from the shock treatment, and he looks almost relaxed!
- Obi-Wan having to fight the acklay (a monstrous combination of a dromaeosaur and a crab, with bits of praying mantis thrown in) gets some funny moments:
- Obi-Wan manages to knock one of the Geonosian arena guards off its mount right in front of the monster, which promptly steps on the unfortunate mook...and the crowd cheers!
- Later in the arena, Obi-Wan gets a hold of a spear and promptly throws it at the acklay, hitting the beast in the shoulder. Obi-Wan looks so pleased with himself...until the acklay promptly rips the spear out and snaps it between its teeth, at which point Obi-Wan somewhat realises he's thrown away his only weapon in exchange for pissing the monster off with a minor flesh wound.
- During the arena battle, Obi-Wan is advancing on a pair of battle droids...who promptly see the acklay stalking towards Obi-Wan from behind and run for it.Battle Droid 1: Uh-oh!
Battle Droid 2: Roger, roger! [they run]
Funny / Attack of the Clones