Main | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021
open/close all folders
533: Yet Another 15 Missed Opportunities of AT4W
- During the intro, Linkara laments the tendency for reviewers like him to end up interrupted by stressful fantasy scenarios, then considers doing video essays because those creators apparently don't deal with them. Cut to...
- In the video for the 7th missed opportunity, Linkara notes the awkward way in which Nero is framed in the viewscreen: with widescreen and his face shoved into the camera for some reason. Cut back to Linkara, who suddenly has his own face shoved into the widescreen and him commenting on the uncomfortable feeling he's no doubt invoking. It's predictable, but still hilarious.
- While discussing All-Star Batman and Robin #7, the discussion on Batman igniting bleach with thermite (who even says "Let me take you to school, suckers... in chemistry!") is framed as a lecture by Dr. Linksano on how impossible this actually is, followed by an absolutely flawless retort.
: So you see, Batman, while you may be able to "take me to school", I actually graduated!
534: Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters # 5
535: Batman/Aliens # 1
536: PATREON: Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel
- Phineas and Ferb quickly earns a point in Linkara's book after he states that the secret agency that Perry the Platypus works for is called the O.W.C.A. - Organization Without a Cool Acronym. Evidently, he's become really fed up with forced acronyms.
- When Doofensmirtz plans to use his Inator to gain the powers of a Mayor (such as being able to raise taxes, pass legislation and be able to cut the ceremonial ribbon at openings), Linkara comments he would still probably be able to do a better job than the current administration!
- Linkara has no idea what to make of the shape of Phineas Flynn's head.
Linkara: Does Phineas even have a nose or is his entire head the nose?
- Linkara is very opinionated about Horse in a Bookcase, a Show Within a Show from Phineas and Ferb.
Linkara: Urgh, that show jumped the shark after the horse moved into a china cabinet. Just wasn't the same after it.
- This bit:
Juice in a box? We have nothing like this in Asgard.
Linkara: Then I think I have to revoke your status as gods.
- Linkara approves of Perry the Platypus' Fedora of Asskicking:
Linkara: (Gesturing to his own Nice Hat)
There's a reason why this thing has stuck around through two costume changes!
- After Doofensmirtz and the Marvel antagonists steal Stan Lee's Hot Dogs, Linkara comments that, if it really was planned for Stan Lee to be Uatu The Watcher in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he would have broken his non-interference code just so he could get revenge on them for doing so!
- After Perry (wearing a superhero outfit) managed to save the heroes, Spider-Man wonders if that was actually Howard the Duck:
Oh please, Howard's not a superhero... Clearly it was Darkwing Duck
- To any fan of Phineas and Ferb, there's something smugly amusing about watching Linkara making sense of things that to any fan are common knowledge, like Ferb's British background and his status as The Quiet One.
- Seeing Doofensmirtz using a gun that shoots waffles, Linkara says he's pretty sure that the mad scientist stole it from Invader Zim.
- His incredulous reaction to all of the things that happen once Candace presses a Big Red Button: the space station's gravity, power, and orbital controls are all disengaged, and unfriends everyone on their social media accounts.
537: PATREON: Pokémon 15x 19 - 20 - Cilan Takes Flight & An Amazing Aerial Battle
- When he brings up the fact that Iris constantly scolds Ash for being such a kid even though theyre supposed to be the same age, Linkara suggests that, given that Ash is still ten years old after all these years, maybe shes actually fifty.
- Considering the episodes are part of the Generation V anime, references to Lewis's randomized Pokémon White Nuzlock challenge were almost inevitable. Namely, he scoffs at the idea of Skyla having a Swoobat, an Unfezant, and a Swanna, since he played the game and she clearly had a Cyndaquil, a Heatran, and a Simisear.
538: PATREON: Tomb Raider vol. 3: Queen of Serpents
- During the final part of the comic, which features Lara realistically dealing with the consequences of her adventure and well-written character interactions, Linkara notes that it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for riffing on his part.
, I guess.
539: PATREON: Little Victory: Chimera # 1
- When Victory Girl flies to San Francisco (while holding a thermos of presumably Coffee), a group of Military forces are tracking her with their weapons aimed at the air.
Troop: Visual Acquired. She's heading straight for the Hawkins Tower.
Linkara (as Troop): That Coffee will soon be ours!
- When Victory Girl has found a Demonic Mask, and is unable to put it in to a High Security Vault (as it has not had her programmed in to the system yet), she puts it under the sink.
Linkara: No, You fool! There's an old sponge in there, that's been craving absolute power!
540: Youngblood # 0
- The title card, featuring Die Hard T-posing to establish dominance over Linkara.
- The President is informed by his aide, with some hesistation, that Commander Stone's squad is the one that is currently available:
Linkara (as the President):
You mean...? Linkara (as the President's aide): (exasperated)
Yes, sir: (does Air Quotes)
"Stone's Studs." Linkara (as the President):
shouldn't have let them pick their own squad names...
- When one of the team members accuse Commander Stone of pulling a Uriah Gambit, Linkara play acts.
- The government agents act secretive about Commander Stone's actions due to the fact it's election year. Linkara laughs at the early '90s naivety.
- The Stinger, in which Linkara claims that Boggs and Gamble weren't clones, but actually robot duplicates from another dimension that, through convoluted plot details, turned human.note
541: Kickers, Inc. # 1
- The opening narration is a goldmine of rapid-fire comedy:
Meet Mr. Magnificent and his Team Supreme! Linkara:
Meet them tomorrow at the Scottsdale Mall near the Arby's at the food court! Narrator:
Brick Wall! Linkara:
Certain people sit atop him! Narrator:
They originally wanted Prancer and Vixen, but they were too expensive. Narrator:
Suicide Smythe! Linkara:
His superpower is deeply problematic
And the ever-delightful Doll! Linkara:
She's only delightful, though, if you buy her accessories
They specialize in the uncanny! The bizarre! The totally outrageous! Linkara:
And they finally met their match
when encountering Marville
And their saga begins on the very next page! Linkara:
How ironic would it have been if the next page turned out to be an advertisement?
- This bit as the team tries to come up with a name for themselves.
Jack: It's got to shout to the world that we intend to kick some serious butt!
Linkara as Jack: Wait... That's it! Butt Punchers!
Darlene: You dumb kickers are going to need a lot more than a new name, if you break my lamp!
Jack: Hey! That's not bad!
Linkara as Jack: We are... [raises his fist dramatically] the Lamps!
542: The Savage Dragon # 1
543: PATREON: Darkwing Duck #1- 4
- What's the first thing Linkara says after stating this is another Patreon-sponsored episode?:
- At the beginning, he explains that, while he did watch several Disney movies and shows as a kid, he wasn't that much into them (with the exception of Darkwing Duck) because he felt it was 'kiddie fare' and had no interest towards 'stuff made for kids':
- Linkara calling out Gadget for not allowing Launchpad to be part of the Rescue Rangers, seeing how he can pilot planes larger than hers and has one of his own- meaning the Rescue Rangers would have had the equivalent of a battlecruiser had they kept him.
- Among the changes that Scrooge McDuck is going to make now that he's taking over the restructuring of Quackwerks: adding a giant money pit in the break room for everyone to swim in and making the next Pokémon protagonist Scottish.
- During the credits, Linkara suggests that the reason the elevators at the start of the comics are broken is due to some morons jumping up and down in it and chanting "ELEVATOR PARTY" for twenty minutes.note
- Upon Darkwing being confused for a lounge singer from the Quackwerks School of Crooning, Linkara asks Harvey his thoughts... Harvey is not exactly happy.
: (Off-screen) That school is for hacks and I never trust anybody with a degree from it! They spend MONTHS on Tony Bennett, but only ONE WEEK on Sinatra
Linkara: Fair enough.
544: California Raisins 3-D # 5
- Linkara's increasing confusion of the biology of the Anthropomorphic Food.
Raisin: I wish I hadn't had lunch before practise!
Linkara: What...do you eat?
Linkara: So other inanimate objects can come alive in this world and not just food? What about those instruments they're playing? Are there living equivalents here? What do these creatures eat, assuming they eat at all? Do they take offence that inanimate versions of themselves were no doubt used to create this very stage? What are their teeth made out of?!?
: They look like they're gonna eat me! Which I guess answers the question of "What do the creatures on this world eat?" - it's people!!
- When the Muzinart Song Processor is revealed...
- Big Burger once again has an evil plan...to take over Raisinville by using Richter and an Earthquake Machine to win the Battle of the Bands. Linkara is confused, and his response is to pull up a clip of himself in Kickassia...
: That's a stupid
plan! Linkara (reviewing the comic)
: How will defeating the California Raisins in a Battle of the Bands allow you to take over Raisinville? Is Raisinville just some town whose name and existence are predicated on the winner of this competition? Like, if Richter wins, is it gonna become Richterville? You were trying to take over Raisinville in the last comic, what makes that town so friggin' special? You own a castle, asshole! What more could you possibly want? What's more, you have an earthquake machine! Clearly you can set your sights higher than one small town named after friggin' raisins!!
You possess something that they base entire plots around supervillains trying to get their hands on, and you're using it for a music competition! Bruce Wayne
: It just raises too many questions. Linkara
: And of course, you're losing sight of the real
enemy, jackass! Because, while you're wasting time worrying about the California Raisins, Wyld Stallyns
is gonna come and win the battle of the bands
- The Earthquake Machine undergoes a growth transformation. Naturally, Linkara pulls up a clip of Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd going "Make My Monster Grow!"
- One sequence of panels is depicted as a shirt worn by a soaking wet Ben Indasun note . Linkara is confused by this sequence.
545: PATREON: Hellstar Remina, Ch. 1- 3
- When Planet Remina grabs Mars with its tentacle, Linkara checks his horoscope to see what Mars has to say: "Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. Make it stop."
Linkara: I suppose there's a bit of room for interpretation there.
- A character screams at Planet Remina in the sky:
- A creepy man in a mask kills a newsreader and hijacks his broadcast to give a message.
Man: We represent a concerned group of citizens who love Mother Earth.
Linkara: Oh my god, Greenpeace has finally snapped!
546: April Fools 2019: Lamp Review II: The Bulbening
- Like he did six years ago, Linkara starts doing another lamp review... except he isn't. This time, it's a parody of Phelous, complete with monotone delivery and everything.
- The alternate opening of the first Segment of the Film.
- When confronted by Linkara D1, Linkara decides to face him by turning into a werewolf like Jonathan Harker in the last segment of the story. It doesn't work, so instead he just shoots him with a shotgun.
- Then, the reveal of how the entire review was actually a story being told by Fat Grandma.
547: PATREON: Batman: The Dark Knight #16- 17
- Linkara begins the episode, but then realizes he's still wearing Phelous' outfit from last week's review and starts screaming. After some technical difficulties, a very shaken Linkara appears back in his usual outfit:
"Every time I closed my eyes, there was a raccoon
laughing at me."
- After Batman activates the jet engines on his Batplane in order to chase after the traffickers:
Linkara (as Batman):
Alfred! I hope you're recording this, because I think this might be the most AWESOME thing I've ever done! Linkara (as Alfred):
Sir, I'm fairly certain someone is going to die
thanks to this stunt. Linkara (as Batman): Don't caaaare!
♪ NANA NANA NANA NANA! BATMAN!
- The above is immediately followed by Batman rescuing the traffickers' victim, which results in the traffickers' van crashing and exploding into the Batplane.
Linkara (as Alfred): Well, sir, you have indeed gotten people killed with that.
Linkara (as Batman): Nah, it's okay, Alfred! I can see their parachutes.
Linkara (as Alfred): (confused) Their par—?! Master Wayne, they were in a van!
Linkara (as Batman): I AM THE NIGHT, Alfred!
Linkara (as Alfred): (still confused) That has nothing to do with—
Linkara (as Batman): BATMAAAAN!
- After Natalya (Bruce's love interest in this comic) says that he "must be used to having stupid women around":
- One of the Mad Hatter's henchmen says "This is madness." to his boss, causing the latter to ask one of his other henchmen to fetch his ladder.
548: PATREON: Tremors
- The tittle card shows a graboid breaking into Linkara's rec room... which is loaded with all sorts of weapons from all across geekdom. Cue one smug Linkara and one nervous graboid.
549: Ultimate Power #5- 6
- As Spider-Man and Captain use a notepad to discuss the possibility of Nick Fury holding back some information during their mission to save Reed Richards, Spider-Man reads Captain America's response in which he asks why.
: See, even Spidey knows that the true question is "Why is Gamora?
- Linkara doing the "This comic sucks" Catchphrase while dressed up in his makeshift Doctor Doom costume, and thus acting like the 'good' doctor.
- The title card very closely resembled some of the previous ones (Power Rangers Turbo vs. Beetleborgs Metallix, JLA/Avengers), leading fans to debate if Doctor Crafty had redrawn it or had traced over his own work - with many of them agreeing that if it was the former, it was because unlike notorious tracer Greg Land, he had standards, and if it was the latter, it was justified given how much Land traced his own work.
550: Batman Forever: The Official Comic Adaptation
- When Two-Face tries to kill Batman using the same acid that resulted in his scars:
Linkara as Batman:
My God, I'M ONE-FACE
- As Two-Face and the Riddler are on a "information high":
551: Street Fighter: The Official Comic Adaptation
552: Catwoman: The Official Comic Adaptation
- The title card depicts Linkara in the Catwoman outfit looming over Dr. Crafty and fuming with rage, even making Bakugo's Comical Angry Face. Even funnier, Linkara later addresses the fact the title card represents him like this, asking what he is paying Dr Crafty for at this point.
- Honestly, all of the snark involving Tom Lone's name counts, with Linkara constantly coming up with new synonyms for "Officer" and "Lone", including calling him "Detective Solo", "Investigator Sequestered", and "Flatfoot Solitary".
553: Dune: The Official Comic Adaptation
- Im riding a giant worm. Your argument is invalid.
- Look, if youre going to provide exposition, my daughters in the other room.
554: Superman IV: The Quest for Peace Movie Special
555: Justice is Silent: Cassandra Caintrospective, Part 1
- When an earthquake, more than seven on the Richter Scale, wrecks Gotham, Batman thinks that the vibrations were Rock & Roll declaring war on him!
- He calls the US government out on their enormous dickbaggery towards Gotham. In particular, when the Supreme Court decides that the abandonment of Gotham is constitutional, he sarcastically praises the three parts of government for working together.
- Batman is still sour about losing at Mahjong.
- Regarding Cassandra's Training from Hell that ends with multiple thugs her father hired being beaten up.
Linkara: David Cain runs a weird daycare service.
- Then, when Cassandra claims that she was shot, whenever David Cain was mad.
Linkara: David Cain really shouldn't have read Thanos' book on parenting!
- Linkara also has this to say about how condescending Barbara Gordon sounds when she tries talking to Cass.
Linkara: And may-be....Babs, if you didn't....act....like a con-de-scen-ding jack-ass....to the per-son who doesn't under-stand laaaanguuuuaaageee, I wouldn't.....tell you....to piss off.
- And then there's Batman being just as condescending about Cass when she failed to save a hostage.
556: Justice is Silent: Cassandra Caintrospective, Part 2
- In the middle of his intro, Linkara pauses to acknowledge the fact that he is wearing different glasses, due to losing the previous pair from falling down a chasm.
Linkara: ...just as well, I haven't updated my prescription in, like, 15 years... So anyway!
- When doing a brief recap on Cassandra's backstory and how she was taught "the language of violence" over anything spoken or written, Linkara points out that must mean she must've kicked people as a way of wanting to watch Sesame Street.
- When David Cain leaves behind a knife for Cassandra as a birthday present:
Linkara!Batman: No doubt the calling card for some nefarious new villain whose real name is something like Edward Blade or Stephen Knife or something!
- This bit of cross-referencing:
: We Sakuri
have always known not to disturb the dark secrets that lie beneath the soil. Stilgar
: Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen!
- Linkara's outrage at Dr. Death using his drug that turns biomaterial into oil as a weapon of mass destruction when he could've marketed it and become a billionaire.
557: Justice is Silent: Cassandra Caintrospective, Part 3
- After the end of her solo series, "One Year Later" has Cass go missing; Tim finds a note in a Batgirl costume written in Navajo and comments that "Bruce taught Cassandra and me Navajo way back". Linkara's reaction must be seen to be believed.
- Character Derailment, which turned her into a Card-Carrying Villain. But, before that was fixed, there was one more example of major out of character behavior: Batman listening to, and ENJOYING, punk music! Linkara comments on the backlash that happened, with Cassandra's
- "Geoff Johns sits near an open window at midnight, and a light breeze hits his arm, and he raises his head towards the night sky and proclaims '...I sense there is something I can retcon'."
558: US- 1 # 8
559: Tandy Computer Whiz Kids: Community Action Program
- The Running Gag of call backs to the title card of A Deadly Choice continues, this time with the hooded figure looking awkwardly behind his back as Linkara, Alec, and Shanna give very disapproving looks at the figure's use of graffiti.
- Linkara once again making fun of Alec and Shanna's obsession with Tandy computers when Zeke says that he and some friends are working at an "art project"
Linkara: [as Zeke]
We're gonna break a bunch of Tandy 1000s and turn them into a sculpture! Linkara: [as Alec, looking and sounding absolutely horrified] [Gasp!] You Monster!
560: Captain America Goes to War Against Drugs
- When Captain America is fighting some bad guys at the beginning of the comic:
In fact, people are always
shouting observations about me... "He's only ONE
man." "He's got NO
superpowers." "He's just some old FOSSIL
." Linkara: [as Captain America, doing air quotes]
"That's America's ass
- When Mitch comes across the opposing baseball team:
Well, how's this
for luck! It's Mr. Potato Head
... the one who maybe killed Ricky with his goofball fastball. Linkara:
Okay, I haven't seen Toy Story 3
. Did Mr. Potato Head become known for throwing fastballs?
- Linkara is understandably annoyed when the members of the opposing team think they can stand a chance in a fight against Captain America:
You can't stop us! There's FOUR
of us, and not only that, but I'm on the school boxing team! Linkara: [annoyed]
SO!? HE PUNCHED HITLER
- The drug-addicted player strikes his drug dealer and sees his face come off, revealing an alien. Linkara adds "Oh, no... I'm still tripping balls!"
561: Comic Book Swimsuit Issues
- Linkara conducts most of the review wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of John Lennon style sun glasses, in place of his regular shirt and glasses.
- One picture has Doctor Doom holding a blow-up doll.
Linkara: [as Doctor Doom]
No woman has ever been able to handle the might and power of Doom! As such, Doom gets... very lonely, even on vacations. [Beat]
Do not judge Doom!
- When we see a Pin Up of Captain America, laying stomach down on a Beach.
562: Batman #45-47: The Gift
- When Booster Gold says he and Skeets should find Batman after Hal Jordan killed himself:
Skeets: [to Booster]
Yes, well, I don't know about you... but I
think this is the worst thing you've ever done. Linkara: [horrified]
Is... Is this implying that Booster deliberately did that to Hal?!? Dude! I know you're sick of people calling you Green Lantern
, but that's a bit over-the-top!
- In the alternate timeline, The Penguin became President:
So I see in this reality, people really took to the "I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell" thing a lot better than in the movie
- If Steve Rogers is America's ass, then Booster Gold is the space-time continuum's' ass.
- The credits have him realize he's made an "America's Ass" joke three weeks in a row.
- Selina Kyle eventually starts wearing her Catwoman outfit, which, as Linkara points it out, is basically the same one she wore in Batman Returns:
This was a very important reference to make in the story because... [thinks about it for about 5 seconds, fails to come up with an answer, looks to his left] Christopher Walken
, you got anything? Max Shreck:
- After a time skip sees Booster grow a beard while held in captivity, Linkara begins calling him "Bearded Idiot".
563: Star Trek: The Next Generation # 5
- The title card is a Hulk version of Data grabbing Linkara.
- These two events...
He is a Man, now! Linkara:
HE IS A MAN! (punches and is suddenly wearing a Ghostbuster uniform
) That's weird. Nothing happened this time... (he then proceeds to continue the Review, in the Ghostbuster attire)
Data: In ways, I am the Ultimate Man...
Linkara: I AM THE ULTIMATE MAN! (Punches and is back in his Star Fleet uniform) Okay, seriously, that's twice in one episode now, and nothing has changed. I haven't done it in a while, is it broken!?
- Linkara's growing bafflement, at the sheer incompetence of the entire Enterprise crew in this issue; such as security not even thinking to use the non-lethal stun settings on their phasers, and those who do get berated for doing so, even when a prisoner has taken one of their own men hostage; no security guard is posted for Q, despite Q showing that he is a danger to himself and others; Doctor Crusher being the only medical officer on duty and is treating Q fainting from exhaustion as more severe than Geordi, who was SHOT and is in Critical Condition; Worf trying to restrain Yar from telling Picard about the prisoner escape; Yar not calling an intruder alert aboard the entire ship for the escaped prisoner; and Picard not answering Yar's communications about said escape because he wanted to watch his fish tank!
Linkara: Is there anybody on this ship who's actually good at their job!?
- Linkara realizing the story of the comic is similar to the actual Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Deja Q", only inferior as the comic's story does not feature a mariachi band.
- Then, the post-credits scene is the mariachi band scene from said episode.
564: The A-Team # 3
- The title card being Linkara using B. A. Baracus as a parachute.
- The art for the first page makes it look like B. A. is telling Hannibal about the time he caught a fish "this big", and Face's hair has turned green!
- The choice of words used makes Linkara yell that no one wants to hear how either Face or Murdoch "Get off".
- When B. A. is entering a computer room.
You fools may have expected trouble, but you didn't expect B. A. Baracus! Linkara (As B. A.): Nobody expects the Spanish B. A. Baracus
... merely because I ain't Spanish, fool! That's what makes it so unexpected!
- Linkara takes offense on behalf of a female enemy soldier when Hannibal makes a fat-joke. The sheer sarcasm is what really sells it:
Ha! A fat jokes! That's funny, Hannibal. You know what else is funny
? You're a wanted fugitive on the run from your own people, never allowed to settle down or clear your good names, and your actions in this place could be construed as an act of war regardless
of your status with the U.S. Government. (Beat
565: PATREON: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Ep. 5- 9
- Linkara keeps getting mileage out of the "But it was I, Dio!" meme.
So let's dig into episodes 5 to 9 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
, and see if Jonathan is the victor, or if it was I, Dio!
Linkara: You didn't think a human could sink to horrible new depths, but it was I, Dio!
: You thought you were getting out of this without getting your ass kicked, but it was I, JoJo!
Jonathan: However, Dio lurks in the shadows, ready to strike.
Linkara: Just waiting for the chance to say we thought it was something else, but it was in fact him, Dio.
- Linkara is not kind to JoJo's outfit choices, so when one of the zombies destroy it:
Linkara: (Completely deadpan) Oh no, so terrible...
- Linkara's jab at the subtitles for the Warner Bros. DVD release of the first season (which was criticized for being just an SDH track of the English version).
(shot of Speedwagon and Jonathan following Doobie's defeat) [BOTH GRUNT]
(shot of Linkara reacting to the scene) [LINKARA GRUNT]
- Linkara is very confused at why Zeppeli's line "Hey, baby!" (in slightly broken but still pretty good English) was translated into gratuitous Italian in the subtitles.
- A running gag:
Blurford: I would know the name of the warrior who bested me.
Linkara: I am... Zoosmell Pooplord.
- Even Linkara is impressed by the line "Guess who survived their time in hell?"
566: Trouble # 4
567: PATREON: Franken Fran, Ch. 1 and 4
- Following the reveal of Okita and his head being attached to a cat's body, Linkara suggests that Fran was where Dio got those human-faced dog creatures from in Phantom Blood.
- Katsura and Hana's Easy Sex Change operations in Chapter 4 results in the second time in the series note that Linkara refuses to complete the "I AM A MAN" catchphrase.
- The Stinger, in which Linkara calls up Dr. Crafty to say that if he ever tried to turn him into a catnote , he'd be fired... and wasn't he a live action person once?
568: PATREON: Youngblood: Judgment Day
- The title card, featuring Linkara staring in disbelief at a Hulk-sized Alan Moore with tattoed of "X"-outed headshots of V and Rorschach.
- Linkara's introduction has him announce that this episode is about finally reviewing an Alan Moore comic, to which his more famous works flash on the screen as if to ask Linkara if any of them is the subject. Come Neonomicon and an understandably worried Linkara decides he doesn't want to know.
- Linkara's two cents on Alan Moore is that he's a legend but not a perfect human being, as the perceived hypocrisy surrounding his complaints about the neverending cycle of superhero comics attests. Then Linkara notes that giving his thoughts on Moore might've be a bad idea since Moore is a ceremonial occultist wizard who could very well hex him whenever he feels like it.
- The three issues' covers are a triptych showing all the cast standing around Supreme holding a book that's emanating a bright light:
Linkara: Actual picture of me every time I open The Technis Imperative.
- "Nightsabre denies [killing Riptide] while pretending his testicles are thaaat biiig."
- There is a scene in the comic set in Africa during the Second World War, which features a character named Battlin' Baron mentioning Erwin Rommel. This, naturally, leads to the use of the Patton "I READ YOUR BOOK!" scene.
- Linkara states the most he got out of Diehard's character, in the first ten issues of Youngblood, was that he attacks people with his crotch.
- When Youngblood is informed that the Government has cut its funding, which shall technically shut Youngblood down, Linkara gives it the same reaction he does about what happens to Jojo's attire.
Linkara: [completely deadpan] Oh no, so terrible...
- It's revealed that Sentinel used the magic, reality-warping book to rewrite reality into, essentially, The Dark Age of Comic Books.
Our universe had been sucked into a bad action movie of constant, meaningless mayhem... and the star of that movie was its writer and director, Marcus Langston. Linkara:
Or by his true name... Michael Bay
! [dramatic music sting]
- When Toby asks Sentinel how this story ends:
Joke's on you, Toby; George R. R. Martin
is gonna write the sequel, so the ending will never
569: Teen Titans #27- 28
570: Clive Barker's Hellraiser # 1
- A demon tells Father Robataille that his stock is suffering, which the Father will now trade for.
Linkara: [as the demon] The exchange rate is $30 per suffering right now.
- This bit after Brian gives Maurine a glass of drugged lemonade.
Brian: I said you should leave. I said you should.
Linkara: [as Brian] Lemonade's been doing that for a month now, can't figure it out. Really should stop offering it to people, but damn, my southern hospitality!
- It's October again, and this time, Linkara's ready for Halloween! He's strapped himself in with every gun he has, and his Patton helmet, and fully intends to sit and wait for whatever Halloween themed monster comes after him this year. What really sells it is how he switches weapons every time the camera cuts back to him.
- Harvey asking for help in beating Michael Bublé in a long standing bet of "best Halloween costume". Last year, Harvey went as the Pokédex, which meant sewing plushies of every Pokémon at the time-809 of them-to a suit. How did Bublé beat him? By doing the same with every Digimon - of which there are over 1,000.
- One of Linkara's cats just randomly appears on the couch behind Linkara and his surprise at even having cats... only for there to be a sudden reality shift, where he's always had cats...
571: Clive Barker's Hellraiser Summer Special
- The title card features Linkara staring in horror at Pinhead clad in nothing but a speedo.
- When Linkara realizes the comic begins with a teacher asking her students about their summer vacation, it leads him think that the Tandy Computer Whiz Kids are actually Cenobites, with the TRS-80 being their Lament Configuration... and is then shocked to realize he is holding one!
572: Clive Barker's Hellraiser Spring Slaughter
573: Spider-Man: The Exile Returns
574: Detective Comics # 225 (Martian Manhunter)
- The title card, not only featuring Linkara as the Martian Manhunter, complete with a green face and antennas, but Aquaman hiding behind Linkara.
- When the Martian Manhunter takes the form of a human, comparing himself to a chameleon, Linkara acts out how he thinks that scene should have gone, from there:
Linkara (as Erdel):
How did you know that other people would look like me? Linkara (as J'onn):
Errrrrrrr... Linkara (as Erdel):
And thats a regular business suit. How did you know that people dress like that and not like... my Colonel Sanders
scientist gear? Linkara (as J'onn):
Well, erm... Linkara (as Erdel):
Wait, how do you know what a chameleon is!? Linkara (as J'onn):
Okay, look; weve been secretly invading your planet with our shapeshifting powers for years
now! Linkara (as Erdel):
Oh, youre Skrulls
! Linkara (as J'onn):
Yeah, I... Wait, who?
575: Batman: Harley Quinn # 1
- Batman freaking out about colorful confetti getting on his costume.
- While Linkara does this, one of his cats is sitting on his lap, just staring at the camera. She even winks at one point, as if amused by the gag.
576: DC Comics Presents # 26 (Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven)
- The title card, featuring Linkara sleeping in a bed with Robin, and, of course, Aquaman.
- When Linkara brings up comments from Geoff Johns as to why Cyborg is associated with every other team these days, except the team he actually began with.
- Given that this story was published in an anthology comic, the cover does not focus on the Teen Titans, but rather on Green Lantern/Hal Jordan trying to kill Superman by creating Kryptonite with his Green Lantern Ring.
Linkara (as Green Lantern):
I'm sorry, Superman, but that Kryptonite is over there
. And don't you think that over there needs to take care of its own problems?
- Linkara's growing frustration with how often the comic repeats the "dream turned into a nightmare" motif.
577: The Flash # 123 (The DC Multiverse)
- The title card parodies the iconic cover, featuring two versions of Linkara rushing to save The Flash, while Aquaman observes everything from further back.
- On the iconic cover, both Barry and Jay say "I'm coming!", which is followed by a clip of Archer saying "Hey! Phrasing!"
- Linkara's reaction to the mutant caption boxes.
Only one thing seems certain... Linkara: Baby Yoda
is REALLY cute!
- As Barry recounts the Jay Garrick origin of The Flash:
Barry Allen: You accidentally knocked over a retort filled with hard water!
- After Jay says that "The police are baffled!":
- Linkara is bewildered when the Thinker is able to give to two guard dogs the ability to talk:
The origin of Scooby-Doo
is really weird, guys!
- This line resulted in a few amusing comments comparing it with Scooby's actual origin in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, the consensus being that that origin is much weirder:
ThePreciseClimber: You have no idea. Scooby-Doo and other talking pets are actually descendants of the animals possessed by the Annunnaki, a race of creatures living in another dimension. Every few thousand years, during an event called Nibiru, the barrier between their world and ours grows weak, allowing the Anunnaki to visit Earth. Some of them are good and tend to help humans, while others are evil. The Anunnaki have no physical forms, so they have to inhabit various animals' bodies, thus being responsible for mythological figures as the Egyptian gods, China's Monkey King and the Aztec's Quetzalcoatl among others.
odinkiller727: Is-is this real
578: Evil Dead 2: A Merry Deadite X-Mas
579: Transformers (UK) # 145
580: PATREON: The All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold # 14
- The comic begins with narration from Batman:
- At the beginning, Crazy Quilt (who Linkara wrongly referred to as Doctor Spectro) says "Your worst nightmare has arrived!":
- When Batman narrates that "...not everyone celebrates Christmas":
- At one point, Batman and Ragman have this conversation:
Well, hang in there. I know it isn't always easy fighting for justice
"? Is that
what you call it? Linkara (as Batman):
Well, YEAH! And together
, we could be justice!
- Linkara's Batman adding gentrification to his list of enemies, alongside rock and roll, One-Face, poodles and Spawn.
581: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Comic Adaptation