- The sole non-sampled lyric on Drukqs comes from "Cock/ver10", where Richard himself shouts "COME ON YOU CUNT, LET'S HAVE SOME APHEX ACID!"
- On the lyrics sheets for the Come to Daddy EP, the loud, 34-second, anguished wail in the opening track is simply transcribed as "Aargh."
- Some guy made an album of Aphex Twin/Taylor Swift mashups. Because why wouldn't you. If you want a good chuckle, just look at the comments for each track. They'll be split between absolute marveling and utter horror and disgust.
- Meta example: his Grammy win, with Aphex Twin mispronounced, a scatological rant and being referred as a "they". Critical Research Failure much? And the best part? He didn't even show up.
- The title of 26 Mixes for Cash, especially considering the motivation behind the creation of the Pac Man album.
- However, the "for Cash" part in the title was actually due to the fact that Richard had met with all those people he remixed in person to get his pay in cash, so nobody would know his bank details or figure out where he lived.
- In an interview, James stated that although he's never met Markus Persson (who successfully claimed his Caustic Window LP in an eBay auction), his kids would love to, since he's "like God" to them.
- Aphex Twin buys beer. Sadly, it isn't actually Richard, but the person in the video looks so similar to him that we might as well call him "Richard". With "Funny Little Man" playing as almost scarily appropriate BGM, the video consists of surveillance footage taken in 2009 of "Richard" drunkenly sauntering through a vacant store, only to find massive amounts of trouble keeping his center of gravity and staying on his two feet. Eventually, "Richard" falls down and can't muster the stamina to get up, and eventually people discover him. The video ends with him stumbling towards the exit in a zombie-like manner, only to tumble backwards at the last second.
- The best part? Richard's actually seen the video."yeah cant believe i was caught on camera, embarrasing, had to much regretamine"
- The best part? Richard's actually seen the video.
- Look at the Come to Daddy EP cover, and you'll see that the leftmost kid (who is actually the only one without James' face) is doing the gang sign for the Bloods.
- The ending of "Funny Little Man", with a Plaintalk program singing to you about how they want to anally copulate with you, sneak into your room, and cut your penis off so they can eat it.
- The bulk of "Milkman" is a mostly odd, yet strangely cheerful song for Richard, complete with him gently singing "I wish the milkman would deliver my milk in the morning / I wish the milkman would deliver my milk when I'm yawning." That is, until he reaches "I would like some milk from the milkman's wife's tits...", where then it abruptly becomes hysterical.
- The ending to the song also has his voice progressively getting pitch-bended more and more. The result is pretty damn funny.
- The letter Richard wrote to NME under the pseudonym Pritchad G. Kraymes after they gave "Windowlicker" the 1999 Single of the Year award:Smart! Thank you very much for voting for my track/s. I've had a very good year as usual, although it was very intense, getting on a really big roll, writing new stuff constantly, really looking forward to isolating myself next year even more! Hope everyone has a totally boring New Year's party, overdoses on everything and chokes on their own vomit on the bathroom floor, make sure you lie face down just before you pass out!
- The 40-second video that Richard put out on his Facebook to promote his first US show in 8 years also contained a surreal Take That! to the 2016 American election in a fashion only Aphex Twin could pull off. The video contains clips from official debates and interviews with people's voices sped up to sound like chipmunks and everyone's face digitally folded in a manner resembling this press picture◊ from the Syro era.
- The lyrics from minipops 67 [120.2] source field mix:Come see it, shake my handWhyd you breathe up this, Marijuana?Throw some DMT together, hereWere gonna just entertain, some
- The ending also counts as this:Maybe next time cunt
- This fan-made comic◊ featuring a fictional product fittingly named Creepy Richard, which involves putting the latter in front of your meals and it glares at you in order to make you lose appetite as an attempt to lose weight.
- In the announcement of Syro album, Richard declares himself as an "influential electronic fartist".
- And also as a celebration to the Syro album release, this fan-made video "Aphex Twin Does Omegle/Chatroulette!" features a prank involving seducing the victims until revealing Richard's mask from the ''Windowlicker'' music video in order to scare the shit out of them! Bonus points for the said 1999 track being played in the background!
- In the beginning of the Field Day 2017 festival, a Freeze-Frame Bonus is featured at the 4:39 mark which says "fuck trump" and also "trump is dead".
- "Phone Pranks"; the last (and rather hilarious) track from the Caustic Window LP features one of the audio recordings of Richard himself pranking some of his friends including Mike Paradinas AKA µ-Ziq.
Funny / Aphex Twin