- Alvin Chopper Davenport is a comedy gold mine. He spends most of his time in the game snarking and cracking jokes with his fellow soldiers.
- In the cutscene before the mission First Flight, he tells Genette about how the base commander wasnt being subtle when accusing Captain Bartlett of suspicious behavior since he was once in a relationship with a Yuktobanian woman during the Belkan War.Chopper: (Imitating Perrault) Was there anything suspicious about the captains behavior, he says. Hell, Im more suspicious about the screw in his damn head.
- Two missions are decided by a flip of a coin. The side that the coin lands on depends on if Blaze either said yes or no when Chopper asks him if he wants to listen to Face/Back of the Coin. And in both missions, Chopper complains about how they decided their next mission on a coin toss.Chopper: (First Coin Toss) I cant believe we flipped a coin for this mission. This isnt funny man.Chopper: (Second Coin Toss) Man this is ridiculous. I cant believe they chose our next mission with a damn coin, again.
- The second coin toss mission begins with a particularly funny exchange between Chopper and Thunderhead.Thunderhead: This is Thunderhead. Captain Davenport, how many times have I told you to cut the chatter?Chopper: Thunderhead, this is Razgriz 3, roger that.Thunderhead: (Beat) What did you just say?
- In the cutscene before the mission First Flight, he tells Genette about how the base commander wasnt being subtle when accusing Captain Bartlett of suspicious behavior since he was once in a relationship with a Yuktobanian woman during the Belkan War.
- In Mission 3 'Narrow Margin'. As the Osean ships in St. Hewlett Harbour are in chaos from the surprise attack. The traffic control announced "This is not a drill"...after three Osean ships are already bombed to hell, cue an angry Osean sailor shouting out "Oh, thanks for the heads up, you idiot!".
- In Mission 11B 'Reprisal', after you foiled the poisonous gas's attacks on Bana City, the rest of the mission has you observing the police cars chasing the terrorist truck through the city. The cars driving through a not-quite HD background of the city makes for a funny scene visually. Furthermore, the terrorists in the truck, in an attempt to go faster, start dropping objects from the truck...objects that actually appear as targets that you can destroy, ranging from a rocket launcher, a gatling gun, a TV, a seat, and a fried chicken, which all actually add up to the points you received after the mission if you destroy them. The police chatters in the mission are also gold as well, with the highlights being the exploits of a particular Cowboy Cop code-named Charlie 11, who apparently ditched his own daughter's birthday party in order to participate in the chase, and upon learning that there are attack helicopters coming to assist the terrorists, he immediately grabs an anti-tank rifle that he brought from home to defend himself. At the end of the mission, one of his fellow cops reported him a response of "a dad missing from his daughter's birthday party". After an awkward silence, Charlie 11 immediately responses that he's "proceeding to the scene immediately."
- Pops in one cutscene reveals that Bartletts nickname during the Belkan War was also Kid.
- You have to admit there's something quite hilarious about the way Namco teases Blaze's appearance with that photograph of Wardog...only for Chopper to ruin it by deciding to show off his flexing at just the wrong angle.
- Although coming on the heels of a personal tragedy for the squadron, there's something darkly humorous in Mission 18 about one soldier telling another "only good little boys can see the fourth one!" when he asks why the squadron isn't full.
- During Wardog Squadron's escape through Sand Island, Blaze is offered a dialogue with Wardog's mascot Kirk.Kirk: Woof! Woof! Woof!Blaze: [Yes]/[No]Kirk: Woof!
- In Mission 25 'Heartbreak One', the Razgriz Squadron is deployed to provide cover for Captain Bartlett's escape from Yuktobania with Prime Minister Nikanor. What they didn't expect is that one of Bartlett's companions is Nastasya, Bartlett's former lover and the person responsible for his callsign in the first place. You can practically feel the jealousy in Nagase's voice after she realizes there's another woman who's right next to her beloved Captain in the car. It's just so out-of-character for her that it's hilarious. Other funny moments include Bartlett having the time of his life as he plows through the checkpoints to get to the airport, with Nastasya having to warn him not to pull any loop-da-loops, Nastasya distracting Bartlett from his driving by showing some legs and reminding him of their previous dates, Captain Snow complimenting Bartlett's driving by saying "Now there's a real man!"
- In a Black Comedy sort of way, one member of Grabacr Squadrons final moments. Where Grabacr's leader accepts his defeat with grace, Ofnir and the rest of the Grabacrs does not. One dies screaming at Razgriz at how theyll come back to haunt them.Grabacr: We will haunt you for all of eternity! Aaah!
- In the final mission with Razgriz team on the way to destroy the falling SOLG satellite, Nagase, Grimm, and Snow all call out to Blaze for a moment to reaffirm their faith and trust in one another to complete the mission... and the dialogue choice available can allow Blaze to completely deflate the situation.Grimm: Captain!Snow: Blaze!Nagase: Blaze!Blaze: [Yes]/[No](Beat)Nagase, Grimm, and Snow: *Frustrated sigh*
Funny / Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War