- Although a kindly gesture, there's the part where Charles Wallace yells to Meg how she has integrity, without recognizing the context that yelling at your adoptive sister from behind a fence may not look good for her.
- During Mrs. Whatsit's visit to the Murry household, Meg and her mother react with fear and suspicion, at one point Meg asking her mother if she should call 9-1-1.
- Mrs. Whatsit's scatter-brained tendencies.
- Mrs. Whatsit "changing" has shades of this.
- Upon seeing Mrs. Whatsit's true form, Calvin exclaims "Dang!" Mrs. Who does the same - then cites Chris Tucker.
- While in Camazotz, a woman there offers our heroes if they would like turkey and mashed potatoes and cakes "of all sorts". Calvin approaches, but Meg (who remembers Ms. Which's warning) merely turns the offer down. As they walk away, Calvin whispers to Meg "Cakes of all sorts!"
- This entry on the YMMV page: Ham and Cheese: Reese Witherspoon clearly knew she'd been given a bit of a fruit loop of a character. She took the opportunity to unleash her inner Loonie and serve up some delightful nonsense.