- Matt's humming the Star Wars "Imperial March" when Kira enters the meeting room.
- Light is a bit traumatized when he realizes he is attracted to L:Light: I am sorry though. Really. I think I was confused.L: You were confused?Light: Hmm.L: But you're not anymore.Light: No. Well, a little. Mostly embarrassed and... maybe I should see a psychiatrist?Light: No!L: Look, we'll forget about it. These things happen, I'm sure. I've read accounts of soldiers in the Belgian Congo being taken unaware by... waking up in the night and hormones and bad things.Light: You have? Soldiers in the Belgian Congo?Light: They must be.
- The title of Chapter 7: "Boyfriend in a Coma"
- L teases Light about his name:L: Just go to sleep. You... ha, you go out like a light.
- From Chapter 12:Light: I'm not gay.L: Oh, my apologies, I forgot that you're the sexual scourge of womankind. You obviously only have sex with me because you roll over in your sleep and misjudge the distance. Maybe you're Sleep Walking... or maybe the term, 'sleepfucking', would be more appropriate. Maybe you're completely unaware of what you're doing.Light: It happens.
- This moment from Chapter 16:Sometime ago, Matsuda had left a post-it on one of the laptops in which he'd accidentally managed to wedge a biro into the CD drive in an attempt to extricate something.
"Pen is stuck in drive"
Only the 'pen' and 'is' were written too close together. L now had a 'penis stuck in drive' post-it stuck on his laptop screen. He was considering framing it.
- From the deleted scenes in Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me, there is an alternative plotline where L is gone (he faked his death) leaving Light a broken mess. Light kills a bottle of sake as he commiserates with Near over the voice connection. Light wakes up the next morning with a massive hangover and realizes, to his horror, that Near stayed on the line all night and heard everything...Near: You snore.
Mello (to L): I get the impression that he's going dig up the grave and crack open your coffin like some fucked up Heathcliff.
- The content of Light's drunken ramblings was apparently quite disturbing as Near relates this to L by way of Mello:
- Another one from the deleted scnees: Light and L do a Crossword Puzzle together:Light: OK, 5 across. Dunderhead, 7 letters...L: Matsuda.Light: Ha. Not funny. I think it's...Ryuzaki...no, sorry, my mistake, it must be halfwit.L: The answer is always the obvious one, Light-kun. I think you're making a mistake.Light: Right and down...L: Is that an offer or are you asking? This is a ridiculous crossword. Have we two, apparently the greatest minds of our age, really been reduced to doing a quick crossword?Light: It's the best we have. Stop being a child.L: Do you like the crossword more than me?Light: It talks less.L: And afterwards you can wipe your arse with it.Light: You're speaking in English again.L: I thought that you liked it when I talked.Light: No, that's a misunderstanding on your part.
- L's response when Souichiro discovers Light's secret relationship with L and essentially grounds him- looks like Kira needs to go home to mommy.
- Light's Inner Monologue after getting shot in the arm. He somehow, illogically, thought it would hurt less since he planned for it.
- After "N" contacts the taskforce:Light: I wonder what N stands for... 'Nobody', 'Notus', 'Nomad', 'Nincompoop', 'Norman', 'Nemo', 'Neo'... 'Norris', 'Nathaniel', 'Noah', 'Ned', 'Nando', 'Napoleon', 'Nelson', 'Nickelodeon', 'Nicodemus'...
- Matt and Kira's first meeting:"'Ello luv."Light could hardly make the boy out for the orange googles which covered most of his face. He looked at him like he was observing a uninspiring-looking insect in a tank."Pardon?" Light replied."I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't you," the boy said. He was shorter than Light, more delicately built like a scene kid - auburn haired, a slightly celtic affair. And he was speaking to Light in English. Oh, the presumption. Light rolled his eyes."Could you get out of my face please?""Don't you want to hear my chat up lines ?""No."Oh God. Was it like he had a 'Hello, I'm Light. Ask me about gayness!' badge on his jacket. Was he doomed to be propositioned in shopping malls for the rest of his life now? Was there a whole other language and etiquette which he didn't know about?"Where have you been all my life? Etc." the boy continued unabashed. He looked like he found the whole thing too amusing."Trying to avoid you," Light replied."Ha. Anyway, Ducky - I've got a message for you!""Oh?""Mmmm...""What kind of message? Would it include a 12 pack of lager, a bottle of cider and a Barry White compilation? Because if it does then I think I'm fine right here, thank you all the same. How old are you anyway?""Old enough.""Well, sorry but you've got to be 'this' tall to get on this ride."He couldn't quite believe that he'd said that."That's rude. And I don't need to bother with the lager. People tend to just fall into my bed without it. You're socially a bit awkward, y'know?"
- Matt realizes that things are serious when he learns that Mello gave L his chocolate.
- Matt has the following to say about Mikami:Matt: He's always prissy, sitting at his desk like, 'I'm the king of you' to everyone and then Kira prances in and ol' Miki's literally throwing himself on the ground all, 'Take me up the arse, oh mighty one.' Bloody eejit.
- When L returns to HQ to find Light sitting in the dark:L (to Light): Did you forget where the light switch was or are you endeavouring to save on our carbon footprint?
- Light says the following to L without really thinking about what he said because killing people who annoy him has almost become an automatic response:L: I'm not doing anything stupid, Light. Apart from speaking to you.
- L has this exchange with Mello after Light ran off to Take Over the World and L tells everyone that Light is dead:L: Light Yagami is dead and there's nothing I can do to help him now.Mello: You can't blame yourself, L. He's in a better place.L: Pffff... Yes. He certainly is.
- In a practical move Light has all his Mooks wear helpful "Hello my name is..." nametags in case they step out of line.
- When L wakes up Light in the middle of the night to inform him he's about to blow up his building:Light: Oh God. This is too much! I was sleeping there. Do you even know what time it is?L: Yes, but this kind of operation is not known for good manners. Nice pyjamas.
- L and Light are as quarrelsome as ever:Light: By the way, I'm having your HQ torn down. What do think of that? Someone will probably build a public toilet on there.L: Seems like an appropriate tribute to our little contretemps. I approve. Will you put up a plaque? 'On this spot, Kira and L did battle and various other things. No good came from it. Shit in peace.
- When Mello barges in to kill Light and L gets in his way:L (to Mello): When you shoot, try to hit this shoulder, not this one. On cold days this one aches like a bastard and reminds me of Light. I suppose that it is only right that I should have a matching pair.
- L and Light have a slight problem when trying to turn over a new leaf:Light: L, when you've been who I've been, you can't exactly get a job in a service station.
Back to A Cure for Love