- Racial tensions and sexism in the Weird West are less prevalent due to the Civil War lasting an additional ten years as well as the introduction of magic. As we see with WW2, the massive casualties resulted in both minorities as well women filling in roles that they wouldn't normally.
- Abraham Lincoln becoming a Harrowed isn't unbelievable because, despite being shot in the head, he actually died of complications related to it.
- Deseret being an independent nation despite the historical desire of the Mormon community to join the United States makes a bit more sense in that they supported the Confederacy but were a Northern territory. The war lasting ten more years and them becoming an industrial power means that being incorporated as a state is now a more complicated ordeal.
- The "Morgana Effect" is actually an inevitability of the introduction of Time Travel to the setting. The Reckoners originally lose and attempt to Make Wrong What Once Went Right, creating the "Hell on Earth" timeline by sending Stone back in time as an assassin. However, he doesn't go far enough and the "Lost Colony" timeline is introduced. That means that people will use time travel again someday as the Cackler did, which gives the forces of good the opportunity to mess with time as well. Of course they're going to go over after the big slaving empire that is part of what causes a nuclear war to destroy the Earth.
- The entirety of the Deadlands storyline is a cycle of irony and From Bad to Worse. In the ancient past, the Old Ones chose to enter the Spirit World and close it off from the human world because they deemed magic was not worth the price of the monsters that roamed the earth. By cutting off the flow of magic, they caused the peoples of Europe to instead turn to science, developing advanced tools and technology. When the Europeans arrived in America, the native Americans were no match for the invaders because their culture hadn't developed any further technologically in the centuries since the Old Ones had sealed off the Hunting Grounds. This led to Raven being the last of his massacred tribe, and his gathering the Last Sons to murder the Old Ones and undo their work, in the belief that restoring magic was the only way for the Americans to match the technology of the Europeans. And things just kept degenerating from there, ultimately leading to Hell On Earth.