- Fridge Brilliance:
- Bugs Bunny knowing what a joint is isn't that crazy. HE'S AN ACTOR. On top of that, the Looney Tunes cartoon series isn't really meant for children (though there wasn't much drug references, besides the usual alcohol, tobacco, and prescription meds), so yeah, Bugs would know what marijuana is.
- ALF was once addicted to cotton in the live-action version of his show, which makes him act both high and drunk, so it would make sense for him to appear in this special. Also, the sitcom ALF was written and created by a Hollywood writer who was on drugs.
- An in-character explanation is that Michelangelo would know the most about drug related temptation.
- Simon is the Smart Guy of the Chipmunks. He's supposed to have knowledge of surprising things.
- The reason why the toons were being such dicks to Mikey might be a parallel to drugs. At first, they seem to be helpful and good, but later down the line, they screw you over big time. It makes more sense if you accept the theory that the toons are hallucinations from the drugs.
- Fridge Horror: The above brilliance is a double edged sword. At some extent, our classic childhood heroes know about drugs. Doubly so for Alvin and the Chipmunks if you know even the slightest thing about celebrity scandals.
- Fridge Logic
- Huey, Dewey and Louie from DuckTales (1987) briefly appear in the show, most to sing their "Just Say No" song. So, why didn't Scrooge show up to talk about how much a waste of money (hard) drugs can be? Seriously, hardcore coke, heroine addicts spend all their money on drugs turning to petty crime or prostitution to get more.
- One guesses that "old cheap Scottish duck lecturing about money" wasn't the angle they were going for.
- But "you'll be richer if you don't do drugs" could be a persuasive argument (at least more than the singing!).
Fridge / Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue