- The War of the Worlds (1898), the original novel.
- The War of the Worlds (1953), by noted film producer George Pal and directed by Byron Haskins.
- War of the Worlds (2005), directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise. It additionally had two Direct-to-Video Follow the Leader Dueling Films released in the same year:
- H. G. Wells' War of the Worlds, the film that launched The Asylum, the Mock Buster juggernaut, to prominence. Also notable for giving the iconic tripods six legs. Followed by a sequel in 2008.
- H. G. Wells' THE War of the Worlds: Ironically, thus far the most faithful film adaptation of the original novel, insofar as it is the only one be set in 1898 England.
- War of the Worlds: Goliath (2012), a Malaysian animated film serving as a sequel to the original novel.
- War of the Worlds (1988-1990), a series based on the 1953 film.
- The War of the Worlds (2019), a BBC miniseries.
- War of the Worlds (2019), a limited series airing on the Fox Network.
- Scarlet Traces (2002) is a sequel to the original story, which later received its own comic adaptation.
- Tripods and Triplanes (2019), from Ares Games (an expansion set for Wings Of Glory). In spring 1918, the first Martian tripods arrive on Earth, specifically in the middle of the battlefields of World War I. The Entente and the Central Powers throw together a hasty alliance to battle the invaders.