Cinderella is an old folktale that has been retold and adapted in many ways over the centuries in different parts of the world. The best known version was published by French writer Charles Perrault in the late 17th century.
If you were looking for a trope, that's Cinderella Circumstances.
Cinderella and its adaptations include:
- Cinderella, the fairy tale itself, including the best known versions by Charles Perrault (1697) and The Brothers Grimm (1812).
- Cinderella (1947), a Soviet-Russian live-action film.
- Cinderella (1950), a Disney animated film.
- Cinderella (1957), a musical film / stage play by Rodgers and Hammerstein.
- Cinderella Monogatari (1996), a Japanese anime series based on the fairy tale.
- Cenerentola (2011), an Italian miniseries setting the fairy tale in Rome during the 1950s.