Battlestar Galactica is a science-fiction franchise created by Glen A. Larson, which began in 1978 with the eponymous TV series. By the 21st century, it includes two TV series, two spin-off TV series, TV movies, two film movies (three if you count the original being re-edited for movie release), comic books, tie-in books for both TV series, a board game, and video games.
Titles in the franchise include:
- Battlestar Galactica (1978): The original 1970s series by Glen A. Larson.
- Galactica 1980: A sequel series to the original, largely considered Canon Discontinuity.
- Battlestar Galactica (2003): The 2000s remake by Ronald D. Moore.
- Caprica: The first spin-off of the 2000s remake, a prequel series.
- Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome: The second spinoff of the 2000s remake, the pilot of which debuted online.
- Battlestar Galactica Online: An Internet-based MMO inspired by the 2000s remake.
- Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: A turn-based strategy game prequel to the 2000s remake.