This article is about all works that take place in the universe of Attack on Titan. For the anime/manga series, go here.
For more than a hundred years, the last remnants of humanity have lived in a kingdom surrounded by walls designed to protect them from a powerful race of man-eating giants known as Titans. The two races have locked one another into a stalemate: the Titans cannot breach the walls, and humanity cannot venture outside the walls without risking heavy losses.
The universe of Hajime Isayama's Attack on Titan has rapidly grown since its beginnings in 2009.
Titan has spawned numerous Spin Offs across multiple media formats out of its once-meager success:Anime & Manga
- Attack on Titan: Junior High: A manga series by Saki Nakagawa and supervised by Hajime Isayama; a Spinoff Babies Slice of Life comedy, the story takes place in a Middle School AU. A 12-Episode Anime adaptation started airing in October 2015.
- Spoof on Titan, a 4-Koma parody by hounori that flanderizes the characters' traits and various memes for comedy.
- Chibi Theater: Fly Cadets Fly!, a comedic series of shorts based on when the 104th Trainee Corps cadets, who are Super-Deformed, go through their training. A Running Gag occurs where the Colossal Titan shows up at the end of each episode to swallow the main characters, though they're perfectly fine the next day.
- Attack on Avengers, a one-shot Intercontinuity Crossover with Marvel Comics that sees the Titans invading the Marvel Universe and battling The Avengers. This was released in English as the back-up story of Free Comic Book Day 2015: Secret Wars #0.
- Attack on Titan Anthology - a collection of Western comic book creators' takes on the franchise.
- Before The Fall: A prequel series and manga adaptation that details the creation of the Maneuver Gear and the battles of one young survivor of a Titan attack. Satoshi Shiki helmed the manga adaptation.
- Harsh Mistress of the City: A light novel taking place near the beginning of the series.
- Lost Girls: A light novel adapting Lost in the Cruel World and Wall Sina, Goodbye visual novels, plus the titular short story about Mikasa and Annie. Has a manga and OVA adaptation.
- Garrison Girl: An original English-language young adult novel by Rachel Aaron.
- Attack on Titan: Deck-Building Game (2016)
- Attack on Titan: The Last Stand (2017): A board game where one player plays as a Titan while the others represent the human heroes fighting it.
- A Choice with no Regrets: Written by Gun Snark and illustrated by Hikaru Suruga; this prequel details Levi's recruitment into the Survey Corps. It was adapted into manga and a two-part OVA.
- Lost in the Cruel World: About Mikasa.
- Burning Brightly in the Forest of Night: About Levi and Eren.
- Wall Sina, Goodbye: About Annie.
- The Last Wings of Mankind: A Nintendo 3DS game based on the series. The updated version was released in North America's E-shop under the title Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains and Europe's as Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains.
- The Wings of Counterattack: A mobile/browser game.
- Attack On Titan also known as A.O.T.: Wings of Freedom in Europe: An action game based on the first season of the anime.
- Escape from Certain Death, a game for Nintendo 3DS. The story of the game happens before the Female Titan Expedition. You play as a Canon Foreigner in the beginning of the game, and you can choose which iconic characters from the manga will be your partner.
- Attack on Orario, a crossover campaign featured in DanMachi: Memoria Freese. It featured Eren, Levi, and Mikasa, plus Bell Cranel and Ais Wallenstein, dressed in the attire of the former three, as Adventurers. It also had Armin and the Titan fotm of Eren as assists.