PBG's Hardcore! series has a lot of foreshadowing, and amazingly enough (since the series isn't scripted), almost all of it is unintentional. How much, you ask? Enough that the concept has become a Running Gag throughout the series.
Unmarked spoilers ahead for the first few seasons. Be cautioned.
- Episode 1 & 2: Soah warns the group about digging into lava. On the very next episode, he falls victim to the exact fate he cautioned the others about.
- Episode 1: Dean and Jirard are left behind at the house to mine as the others decide to head out. When it's questioned if leaving them together is a good idea, Jon replies, "What could they possibly do?" When the group returns home later, they discover that Jirard went (permanently) AFK while mining.
- Episode 6 & 15: PBG is talking about how they need to go kill Endermen and remarks, "I have a feeling that'll be the end of at least one or two of us." Much later, he dies on an Enderman hunt.
- Episode 2 & 5: McJones warns the others about encountering traps via digging too deep. Three episodes later, he and Dean both die to a trap.
- Episode 4 & 19: The gang make a joke about "Forever Alone Barry", which is hilarious up until the penultimate episode, when Barry becomes the Sole Survivor once again.
- Episode 9: As the boys are heading down into the ravine to mine Obsidian, PBG comments "unless we have some random slip-ups" that they're doing pretty good. Cue Barry almost dying to an Enderman, Jared viciously ambushed by multiple Creepers and Skeletons, and McJones nearly being knocked off a ledge by a Creeper explosion and falling to his death.
- Episode 14 & 15: The group is standing around the graveyard after Projared's death during a lightning storm and discussing how to find NCS, who had earlier gotten himself lost. A caption appears, acknowledging the foreboding thunder. Sure enough, NCS dies in the next episode.
- Episode 19 & 20: Arguably the creepiest, yet most awesome example in the series. PBG spots a cross-shaped formation in the Netherrack in the exact shape of the gravestones built for their fallen comrades, and thinks it's a bad omen. Later in the episode, McJones points out that no-one has yet died in the Nether, clarifying that he doesn't want to jinx it. Everyone remaining then dies off one by one.
- Episode 4: PBG remarks that someone will die in the upcoming dungeon and he thinks it'll be Ross. Sure enough, Ross dies later that episode when they're inside a dungeon. Downplayed slightly in that Ross was struggling more than the other players and having the most near-death experiences, so it wasn't hard to predict he'd be the first to go.
- Episode 5 & 10: The group jokes about Dean's death and how bad it'd be as they'd no longer have Dean's skeletons to fight alongside them. Five episodes later, Dean perishes and his entire skeleton army goes with him.
- Episode 6 & 14: PBG says it'd be awesome if they got to the final act and it was a duo. Indeed, when the final episode rolls around, the party is reduced to a duo with only Paul and Jirard left after Mcjones was killed.
- Episode 14: When talking about throwing down a portal in case they need to escape from the mobs, McJones says, "Just make sure you don't retreat before us." Later that episode, Paul and Jirard retreat into a portal before McJones, leading to his death.
Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars
- Episode 2: In the final segment, as everyone is in the middle of the lake frantically trying to figure out how to operate the boat, ominous music starts to play... then a cannonball hits the boat and kills Shane, Barry, and Ian.
- Episode 2 & 11: In Ep. 2, PBG jokes that Shane is his mortal enemy, as PBG is dressed as Luigi and Shane as Waluigi (a joke which is brought up again in Ep. 10). Later in the same episode, PBG comments on how no-one has died to lava since Season 1. When they venture into the Nether much later, McJones and PBG both die to lava, all while building themselves a safehouse no less. As for Shane, him being PBG's enemy turns out to be averted, as Shane never ends up killing him. He did accidentally trap McJones in with the lava, but McJones had taken too much damage and was going to die anyway.
- Throughout the season, spoilers for key events in the previous seasons are bleeped out. Adding to the irony of the whole situation is that, in Ep. 11, we get the only instance where a spoiler from a previous season is not censored (with PBG recounting how, by blocking off some lava, he wound up screwing himself over when a Zombie Pigman attacked him and he couldn't escape). Said instance is followed by the aforementioned lava death a few minutes later.
- Episode 4 & 5: Jon builds a pillar of lava in the middle of their wooden house, encased by stone blocks to break the flow. When asked if the house is on fire, PBG replies "no, not yet anyway." In Episode 6, the house actually does catch fire when a stray ember from the lava hits the wood.
- Episode 5: There are barely audible sounds of crackling embers and a very brief shot of wood on fire before Jared calls out that the house is on fire.
- Episode 5: Dean announces his plan to go outside and asks for somebody to help protect him from Creepers. Nobody goes with him and he dies seconds later to a Creeper explosion.
- Episode 7: At one point when Jon, PBG, and Shane are meeting up, Shane warns that a skeleton is behind a tree. While Jon is poisoned from a witch, a skeleton pops up from behind a tree and kills him.
- Episode 12: Smooth tells Shane that if Shane dies, they have no hope. Not only is Shane killed later in the episode, but Smooth himself follows mere minutes later, ending the season in failure.
- Episodes 2 & 3: As Team 1 is on their way to Portsmouth, PBG warns of the danger, but the group jovially announces that they'll be fine. Barry points out that it's where a foreshadowing edit will go. In the next episode, the group is ambushed by zombies and has a tense encounter with another player. But aside from that, nothing too serious happens and they escape Portsmouth just fine.
- Episode 3: Team 1 decides to check out a stone structure and PBG jokes that it won't end in Ian's death. Completely averted though, as they investigate the structure and nothing bad happens at all, aside from Barry taking minor fall damage.
- Episode 3: PBG starts digging straight down. McJones is quick to point out that Dean will probably fall into the pit PBG made and die. Sure enough, Dean falls into the pit merely minutes later, but survives with just 12 health left.
- Episode 4 & 23: PBG comments on how no-one has died yet, to which McJones replies that someone always dies when they say that. PBG responds, "This is me jinxing everybody." Barry again points out that it's where a foreshadowing edit will go. It ultimately comes true, as the entire party is dead by the end of the season.
- Episode 7: The group is in a desert and Jeff talks about them having to run back. Barry responds, "We'll be fine", then once again comments that it's where a foreshadowing edit will go. This one ends up being averted, as they escape the desert fine and nothing bad happens in the episode.
- Episode 10: PBG and Dean start racing home after the group decides to head out of the Corruption. Dean starts to get attacked and calls PBG for help, but PBG, focused on winning the race, blissfully ignores him. One minute later, Dean is killed by a Demon Eye.
- Episode 10: Around the same time as the aforementioned race, Barry and Jeff are fighting enemies together at night. Jeff points out that this is how Barry died in the previous season. A couple of minutes later, Barry gets swarmed and killed by a group of Eaters of Souls.
- Episode 21: Throughout the episode, Jeff and McJones discuss the possibility of a goblin army appearing. Sure enough, theyre soon greeted to a message informing them that goblins are indeed approaching from the east.
- Episode 1: Dean asks if he's going to die, and we get the all-too-familiar "Foreshadow?!" caption. Well, as of the finale not only did Dean not die, he actually ended up being the last person left alive after the impromptu Battle Royale.
- Episode 10: The group return from the Nether without any deaths or losses, and McJones tells PBG that the only other time that has happened was in Minecraft #2, when it was the second trip to the Nether that screwed them over, leaving everyone dead. They then realise they forgot soul sand and make a second trip to the Nether, at which point Barry dies, his stuff isn't recovered and no soul sand is found. The trip only gets worse in the next episode, when Caddicarus is killed by a Zombie Pigman, and Mcjones is almost killed by 6 of them before Dean steps in at the last minute to take down the remaining two.
- Episode 7: The group gets split up while mining, and as Jeff is getting attacked by a spider, PBG muses that someone's probably going to die if the group stays split up. At the end of the episode, Barry gets stuck in a spider web, and is killed by a Cave Spider as nobody comes to his aid.
- Episode 8: PBG ends up in an argument with the rest of the group about the Diamond Sword that he crafted. Jeff jokingly mentions that the one with the Diamond Sword would be the first to die, though he corrects himself and says that the sword wielder would instead be the second one to die, on account of Barry's death in the episode prior. An episode later, we see that Jeff was indeed correct; ProJared, the wielder of the Diamond Sword after PBG gives it to him, dies.
- Episodes 8 & 10: Tied into the above is another very eerie example - during the mid-season, PBG and McJones each hold small 'pick a number' raffles to determine who gets the available diamond sword(s). ProJared wins the first one, and Dean and PBG win the second and third. The creepy part is that ProJared won by picking two, and Dean won by picking three. In subsequent episodes, they were the second and third people in the party to die.
- Episode 14: Near the beginning of the episode, the group discuss the behavior of Zombie Pigmen, with PBG saying that sometimes they attack for no reason, as if they detect weakness. Sure enough, PBG is randomly attacked by a Zombie Pigman later and is forced to defend himself. This causes a horde of Pigmen to descend upon the party and they're forced to hide in a shack for safety. This also adds onto the episode 8 & 10 entry, as PBG is not only the one who is first attacked by Pigmen, he's also comes the closest to death due to a baby pigman getting in to the shelter and bringing him down to 1 heart.
- Episode 15: One of the more meta Foreshadowing moments, but on the same channel Hardcore is on PBG and Space Hamster have a series called PB and Jeff where they play games together. After the events of this video, Jeff and PBG are the only members of the group left.
- Episodes 19 & 20: The end of Episode 19 sees Jeff ambushed by a creeper from behind that is about to explode before cutting away to a foreboding close-up shot of a creeper hissing. At the beginning of the next episode, Jeff only takes half his health in damage from the explosion. Nay, it didn't foretell Jeff's death - it actually foretold PBG's, when he gets killed by a creeper that sneaks up on him.
- Episode 20: After he's creeped out by the pink sheep, PBG claims that they're bad omens. Merely seconds after that statement, he gets blown up by a creeper. He wasn't kidding about that statement.