Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! (also known as Strippers vs Zombies and released under this title in Japan and Germany) is a 2008 American zombie comedy film directed by Jason M. Murphy, starring Jessica Barton, Tiffany Shepis, Hollie Winnard and Jay Laga'aia. It was filmed during 2007 and was released direct-to-video in 2008.
A drug experiment gone wrong produces a league of blood-thirsty zombies. It is up to a small band of exotic dancers trapped in a gentleman's club to fight back. Together they must rely on their wits and skills to survive the night, and pray that they don't become victims of the flesh-eating zombies!
Tropes! Tropes! Tropes!
- Advertised Extra: Jay Laga'aia plays one of the zombies.
- Batter Up!: Clive grabs the baseball bat from under the strip club bar and uses it to fight the zombies.
- Brutally Honest: Dakota believes in always stating things as they are and never sugarcoating anything, even though she knows this makes her come across as a bitch. This extends to be being brutally honest about how sucky her own life is.
- Car Fu: Chris and Dallas deliberately run over a zombie on their way out of the car park. However, the zombie clings to the bottom of Chris's truck in an Underside Ride.
- Catholic Schoolgirls Rule: Harley's stripper costume is an abbreviated schoolgirl uniform.
- Chainsaw Good: Dallas grabs the chainsaw from the back of Chris's truck and uses it to fight her way through the zombies in the car park.
- Clothing Combat: The ice skater in the Film Within a Film Jenna is watching uses her ice skates to fight the zombies.
- "Double, Double" Title
- Eye Scream: At the research centre, Chris kills a zombie by shoving a pole through the back of her skull and out its eye socket.
- Failed a Spot Check: A john somehow fails to notice that the hooker he has brought into his car and is inviting to suck his dick is a Flesh-Eating Zombie who is covered in blood.
- Film Within a Film: Opens with an ice skater and her coach being attacked by zombies in what looks like the start of the movie, but actually turns out to be a zombie film Jenna is watching before Chris sends her to bed.
- Gardening-Variety Weapon: Chris hits a zombie in the face with a weed trimmer while fighting his way back into the strip club.
- Gone Horribly Right: The zombie formula was originally intended to break down cancer cells. It worked, but then started breaking down non-cancer cells, transforming people into zombies.
- Groin Attack: A john tries to get a blowjob off a zombie hooker. She bites his penis off.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Chris throws himself into the horde of zombies; allowing himself to be ripped apart so the zombies will be exposed to antidote in his blood.
- I'm Not a Doctor, but I Play One on TV: Pandora—who is a stripper who dresses in a Night Nurse outfit—is bandaging the arm of a man who has been bitten by a zombie. He asks her if she even knows what she is doing and she replies:"Of course. I own a nurse's outfit."
- Ironic Echo: The following exchange happens twice: first when the girls leave the strip club after their shift, and then again when they leave the club after the zombies are destroyed:Dallas: Rough first night?
Harley: Not as much fun as I'd hoped.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: Pandora feeds a stray cat called Scruffy who hangs around the strip club. This eventually gets her killed when she goes outside to rescue Scruffy from the zombies.
- Literal Disarming: When Pamela transforms into a zombie, she rips an arm off one of her fellow whores and starts eating it.
- Morning Sickness: When Lou Ann throws up in the club, everyone freaks; thinking that she has been infected with the zombie plague. Actually, it turns out she's pregnant. One of the men even delivers the "But it's not morning" line.
- Night Nurse: Pandora's stripper outfit is a sexy nurse costume.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The zombies are a cross between an Artificial Zombie and a Plague Zombie: created when an experimental cure for cancer is accidentally combined with an experimental cure for crack addiction. The resultant drug is stolen by the janitor, and then taken by a hooker he frequents who is looking for a high. The drug kills the body and then reanimates it, but the condition can be spread by biting.
- Out with a Bang: A john invites a hooker into his car—something failing to notice that she is a zombie—and immediately unzips his pants for her. She then bites his penis off.
- Pimp Duds: Johnny 'BackHand' Vegas wears a toned down version of the stereotypical pimp outfit: no fur, and the hat is smaller than usual. However, he does wear an insane amount of bling, including rings in the form of dollar signs that he usually to casually slap his girls around (which is where his nickname comes from).
- Shoe Slap: When the zombies storm the club, Harley is reduced to whacking them over the head with her shoes; eventually burying a stiletto heel in the head of one of them.
- Single Mom Stripper: Harley is a single mother who has recently come to town and moved in with her brother and grandmother in an attempt to make a better life for her daughter Jenna. The zombie outbreak occurs on her first night working as a stripper at the Grindhouse.
- Underside Ride: The zombie Chris and Dallas run over clings to the underside of Chris's truck and rides with them to the lab.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: There is a closeup of Lou Ann throwing up in the club. Everyone thinks she has been infected by the zombie crack, but it is actually Morning Sickness.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: When Chris catches his niece watching a zombie film, he watches a few minutes of it before shutting it off with a comment of "Zombies! Who makes this crap?"
- You Can Leave Your Hat On: The movie is set in a strip club, and several strip routines (and a lap dance) are showcased.
- Zombie Gait: The zombies walk this way. There is even less justification in this case than most, as the drug turns living humans into zombies near instantaneously, so there shouldn't be any damage to their muscles to cause them to shamble.