Zombie Holocaust (Italian: Zombi Holocaust), also known as Dr. Butcher, M.D., is a 1980 Italian zombie/cannibal film directed by Marino Girolami and starring Ian McCulloch and Alexandra Delli Colli. The film is about a team of scientists who follow a trail of corpses to a Pacific island where they meet a mad doctor who performs experiments on both the living and dead in his laboratory.
Provides examples of the following tropes:
- Artificial Zombie: Dr. Obrero creates his zombies by transplanting the brains of the living into the bodies of the dead.
- Drone of Dread: Heavily present in the score.
- Heel–Face Turn: The tribesmen turn against Dr. Obrero and make Lori their queen.
- Hospital Hottie: Dr. Lori Ridgeway, played by the gorgeous Alexandra Delli Colli.
- Mighty Whitey: Lori, who grew up on the island, becomes the cannibals' leader and sends them off to fight against Dr. Obrero and his undead army.
- Ms. Fanservice: Lori has several scenes wherein she appears nude or semi-nude.
- Plot Hole: It's not clear how Turan found his way to New York City to become a medical orderly, considering how the tribe lives in near-complete isolation from the outside world.
- Scare Chord: Plays whenever anything related to the situation with the cannibal tribe appears onscreen.